October 24, 2014 | 1777 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this in my hair after I've washed it, sometimes instead of a conditioner. I put some in a white jar and scoop some out and rub my hands together and apply to my damp hair, comb through and it air dries while I sleep and that's that. Brush and style the next morning. Perfect for wavy hair that's worn in a ponytail daily. I only wash my hair every 4 days or so and coconut oil doesn't make it yukky, just soft and shiny and healthy. Love it. One jar of extra virgin unrefined coconut oil last a long time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by 5catmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried coconut oil at the advice of family. I was wary, fearing a breakout, but I've used it sparingly and my skin feels great! This is one of the best cheap moisturizers I've ever used. I bought the Whole Foods brand, it smells like toasted coconut. It is solid at first, but melts on your skin. A little goes a long way.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

ever since my hair has grown longer i have been obssessed with keeping it nice and healthy. i started using joico k-pak restorative oil everyday and introduced leave in hair masks into my routine. so basically i apply masks or oils into my hair hours before i wash it and just kind of let it all soak into my hair. at first i was using an oil called kumarika which is apparently sri lankan and it worked pretty well. however the fact that it is an oil means its really messy to apply and it has a really strong scent that is nice but interferes with my shampoo smell.so after carefully consulting with reviews here, i picked up a jar of coconut oil from my local grocery store. its solid, so it applies nicely and is not as messy. unfortunately mines been deoderised so doesnt smell like coconut...but what is really important is that my hair is seriously so nice!! omg!!!totally soft, detangled and so healthy looking!! go get yourself a jar!!

Edit: this oil seems to make my black hair even blacker and richer in color if that is possible. please note though my hair is naturally black so the same thing might not apply to those who have colored their hair. i also dont think the jar is going to last me forever (i bought a 200g one) and i might have to resort to trademe (our ebay here in NZ) to get some more for cheaper. it also works great as an eye make up remover, it takes off waterproof mascara but does not leave that oily residue behind which other oils do.i dont know how it would perform in removing face make up because i dont usually wear foundation. its less messy than other types of make up remover as its solid and wont spill everywhere.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Desert island product right here!
Great on my skin especially in the winter to boost my moisturiser, I use some of it in my oil cleanser to hydrate my skin, amazing on my hair as a conditioner and for protecting it when blow-drying... I even hear it's used in cooking!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by plumpyLIPS

Coconut oil is great 4 sooo much. Initially I got it for dry scalp and it really helped. I wear it at night, about twice a week and altho I have to cover the pillow case cuz of stains its totally worth it. After Washing out my hair and scalp feel great. I also started using it on my baby from like 3months, olive oil didn't suit her skin but this has been fine. I don't even use baby oil on her,she's always had baby soft skin with this. Definitely will keep buying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by jumijinny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Coconut Oil is the best! I use it on my face and it doesn't make me super oily, I even try to turn it into a facial mask :D It doesn't affect my skin even when I have breakouts. I even use coconut oil for my hair every single day. It really does help prevent my hair from splitting, since I wash my hair every single day. I use it mixed with my conditioner and it does wonders for my hair! :) I love this and I will definitely repurchase when I run out of my tub. It has so many uses and is so inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love coconut oil! It's my favorite all around moisturizer for my face, body and hair. I use it almost everyday after cleansing - it comes in solid form in a jar so I just take a small amount and warm it between my (clean) hands and massage it into my face and neck. It soaks into my skin quickly and becomes soft and velvety after a couple of minutes (although I often use olive oil or another heavier moisturizer around my eyes and my forehead since I find coconut oil isn't quite moisturizing enough for those areas). I have very acne prone skin and have never broken out in the year or so that I've been using coconut oil on my face (but, as always YMMV ;). I use the remainder on my hands and hair - if it's night I will braid my hair and leave the coconut oil in over night and wash it out the next day - it makes my hair smoother and stronger. I love the way it smells too. I also use it in fruit smoothies - it is healthy fat and tastes delicious!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would buy this again solely for food usage, but this definitely isn't for everyone's face. I normally don't develop any reactions to a lot of products, and I started using this as a makeup remover, and I got 3 cystic acnes from it.. which never happens to me. But it works very well as a hair mask; just run it through your hair, wait as long as you can, and shampoo well. While my combination-dry skin with NO pre-existing acne got cystic acne from using this, my really oily-skinned, super acne-prone sister loves to use this to remove makeup, so I recommend buying a small jar if this is your first time trying this on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by beegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I buy pure coconut oil in supermarkets in the Netherlands. sometimes I am only able to find it in small ethnic supermarkets but there are also a few big ones which carry it so it's not difficult to find. the standard price is 2.50 for 500gr which is a lot of product. I know there are many uses for it but I use coconut oil only as a makeup remover. it works perfectly for me and every night before I go to sleep I pamper myself with it. I tried it once on my hair and I did not like the result, so since then I stick only to the makeup removing use. I just remove most of my mascara with warm water and then use the cononut oil on eyelashes and eyelids. then, I use it also to remove foundation and powder (always put a bit of water on the skin before I work the oil onto it) and it works perfectly. it removes makeup til the very last bit and leaves your skin baby soft. I always wash it away with a delicate face washer with natural ingredients and my skin is still soft and moisturised the morning after, but not oily. I am really happy with the result. and the best thing is that a very small amount goes a long way so it's not only the best but also the cheapest makeup remover I ever used. I would also say my eyelashes look much better since I use it! stronger and fuller, and more healthy. I have been reading on the reviews and discovered many uses for it, maybe I will give it a try. all in all I am superhappy with it. only the packaging is very basic for the one I buy, I wish it was a bit better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by jesscuz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! I use it on my face, my skin glows. I have been getting lots of compliments on my skin. I stopped using it and started using a normal face moisturizer, I broke out bad with acne. So now I'm back to using the Extra virgin organic coconut oil, and now my break out is going away. I slather it on at night before bed, and wake up with really soft, even toned, glowing skin. I even think my dark undereye circles look better. After i get out of the shower in the morning, I warm a very small amount in my palms, and pat my face with it, avoiding the eye area so that it doesn't interfer with my eye makeup. I give it 5/10 minutes to sink in, then put spf, primer and makeup on. I use it in my hair, once a week, works great. I use it as a total body moisturizer, Awesome. I cook my popcorn in it, so delish. I keep telling my friends how great it is but people are so scared of oil, its sad because this oil Rocks! Haha! I just cant say enough about how good it is.