September 2, 2014 | 962 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by plumpyLIPS

Coconut oil is great 4 sooo much. Initially I got it for dry scalp and it really helped. I wear it at night, about twice a week and altho I have to cover the pillow case cuz of stains its totally worth it. After Washing out my hair and scalp feel great. I also started using it on my baby from like 3months, olive oil didn't suit her skin but this has been fine. I don't even use baby oil on her,she's always had baby soft skin with this. Definitely will keep buying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by jumijinny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Coconut Oil is the best! I use it on my face and it doesn't make me super oily, I even try to turn it into a facial mask :D It doesn't affect my skin even when I have breakouts. I even use coconut oil for my hair every single day. It really does help prevent my hair from splitting, since I wash my hair every single day. I use it mixed with my conditioner and it does wonders for my hair! :) I love this and I will definitely repurchase when I run out of my tub. It has so many uses and is so inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 3:48:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love coconut oil! It's my favorite all around moisturizer for my face, body and hair. I use it almost everyday after cleansing - it comes in solid form in a jar so I just take a small amount and warm it between my (clean) hands and massage it into my face and neck. It soaks into my skin quickly and becomes soft and velvety after a couple of minutes (although I often use olive oil or another heavier moisturizer around my eyes and my forehead since I find coconut oil isn't quite moisturizing enough for those areas). I have very acne prone skin and have never broken out in the year or so that I've been using coconut oil on my face (but, as always YMMV ;). I use the remainder on my hands and hair - if it's night I will braid my hair and leave the coconut oil in over night and wash it out the next day - it makes my hair smoother and stronger. I love the way it smells too. I also use it in fruit smoothies - it is healthy fat and tastes delicious!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would buy this again solely for food usage, but this definitely isn't for everyone's face. I normally don't develop any reactions to a lot of products, and I started using this as a makeup remover, and I got 3 cystic acnes from it.. which never happens to me. But it works very well as a hair mask; just run it through your hair, wait as long as you can, and shampoo well. While my combination-dry skin with NO pre-existing acne got cystic acne from using this, my really oily-skinned, super acne-prone sister loves to use this to remove makeup, so I recommend buying a small jar if this is your first time trying this on your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by beegirl81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I buy pure coconut oil in supermarkets in the Netherlands. sometimes I am only able to find it in small ethnic supermarkets but there are also a few big ones which carry it so it's not difficult to find. the standard price is 2.50€ for 500gr which is a lot of product. I know there are many uses for it but I use coconut oil only as a makeup remover. it works perfectly for me and every night before I go to sleep I pamper myself with it. I tried it once on my hair and I did not like the result, so since then I stick only to the makeup removing use. I just remove most of my mascara with warm water and then use the cononut oil on eyelashes and eyelids. then, I use it also to remove foundation and powder (always put a bit of water on the skin before I work the oil onto it) and it works perfectly. it removes makeup til the very last bit and leaves your skin baby soft. I always wash it away with a delicate face washer with natural ingredients and my skin is still soft and moisturised the morning after, but not oily. I am really happy with the result. and the best thing is that a very small amount goes a long way so it's not only the best but also the cheapest makeup remover I ever used. I would also say my eyelashes look much better since I use it! stronger and fuller, and more healthy. I have been reading on the reviews and discovered many uses for it, maybe I will give it a try. all in all I am superhappy with it. only the packaging is very basic for the one I buy, I wish it was a bit better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by jesscuz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! I use it on my face, my skin glows. I have been getting lots of compliments on my skin. I stopped using it and started using a normal face moisturizer, I broke out bad with acne. So now I'm back to using the Extra virgin organic coconut oil, and now my break out is going away. I slather it on at night before bed, and wake up with really soft, even toned, glowing skin. I even think my dark undereye circles look better. After i get out of the shower in the morning, I warm a very small amount in my palms, and pat my face with it, avoiding the eye area so that it doesn't interfer with my eye makeup. I give it 5/10 minutes to sink in, then put spf, primer and makeup on. I use it in my hair, once a week, works great. I use it as a total body moisturizer, Awesome. I cook my popcorn in it, so delish. I keep telling my friends how great it is but people are so scared of oil, its sad because this oil Rocks! Haha! I just cant say enough about how good it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by NyeinMon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

okay, count me in on the coconut oil craze!
so i have had a hard time with my skin during teenage years thanks very much to my super oily, sensitive skin which always has a pimply bump or two popping up daily. because of this, ive stayed far away from any type of moisturizer or hydrator for my face. its oily enough anyways.(trust me, ive tried a lot of moisturizers-cetaphil,eucerin,u name it) but they just sit in top without absorbing.
coconut is the opposite of that! at first i was reluctant to put it on, thinking that it was gonna cause breakouts but the only bad thing it has ever done to me was the initial purging. its not bad exactly-just its way of removing impurities from the skin. the first week, my skin did become dry and scaly at some parts but that went away quick. ive been using extra virgin CO and it leaves my skin so glowy,moisturized and so clear. after washing my face, i just use a few drops of it and massage it all over my face, including my eye area. my face feels so good after applying it.
im not sure if its coconut oil or my hormones but my skin doesnt seem to be as oily as it usually is. i wake up every morning and just feel so blessed that my skin is just so clear and glowing now.
this sounds really funny but i believed with all my heart that this was going to save my life(skin-wise) and even after all the bad purging and roughness it put me thru, i kept on being faithful to it. it paid off well. so, if u havent tried Believing, u should! God's creation in nature is so much better for us than using all these commercial creams and lotions.
now CO is my HG home moisturizer and night treatment. i wouldnt use it under makeup tho..it might make me look like a shineball.
a lot of ppl have asked me what i use on my skin,even my ortho.lol. they wouldnt believe me when i said it was CO!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Nicola21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Couldn't wait to review this, bought it yesterday and opened it up last night, smells exactly like coconuts mmmm so good, I rubbed it into my legs after shaving and I was pleasantly surprised at how fast it adsorbed as I'm not really a fan of the oily feeling, used it on my legs once more before bed and when I woke up my legs felt like silk, softer than any moisturizer I have ever used before, I cant stop touching them!!

I plan to try using this in my hair and I will update after I try that!

Also when buying make sure to buy Organic Extra-Virgin unrefined coconut oil, and be sure to check that the only ingredient is coconut oil. My friend bought a hair mask before that claimed to be coconut oil, but coconut oil wasnt even the first ingredient.

UPDATE: Haven't really kept up with using this as a moisturizer because it take a bit longer than a reg moisturizer to adsorb and I'm usually in a hurry...If I have an extra few mins I sometimes do. I have used it as an overnight hair treatment though, and its amazing for that... I microwave it for about 1.5 mins and then apply it through the mid length and ends through my hair up in a bun and go to bed, wash it out in the morning and when my hair drys it feels noticeably softer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Tricho

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You can buy small tubs of this stuff at Superdrug for cosmetic use, they are about £2.99 - I use them on my hair and on my legs, not on my face due to some of the warnings on here and because of the fact my skin gets clogged easily. If you buy this from Superdrug then whatever you do don't eat it, it's got added fragrance. I use far pricier stuff to cook with and make sure it's as unrefined as possible and organic if possible. I don't like using that for cosmetic purposes because when I can get it cheaper then I feel it's a waste. This stuff does a brilliant job, forget your expensive body lotions, forget moroccan oil - this stuff can do both of those jobs for you. I put it in my hair overnight then wash it out the next day, it helps it stay in good condition and smells lovely. For body this is an intensive moisturiser. For a food product it's a healthy oil to cook with and it doesn't go rancid like olive oil does at high temperatures. If you like lean eating use coconut oil to cook with. I recommend this to everyone, wonderful and very versatile!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by JLB2005

I have been using this fo a year or so as a facial moisturiser. Just the tiniest bit for day (say, size of 2-3 grains of rice) on a damp face, let sit in before make up. At night, I use a bit more. I also routinely extra on my neck and decolté. My face is much more balanced and the weird wrinkles that were starting between my breasts are gone. Also, I don't use it every day and evening, but likely several times weekly as I alternate with retin A in the evenings and a glycolic acid-based day cream (sometimes I combine them). Finally, as much as I love coconut oil, I prefer a heavier eye cream at my age.