October 24, 2014 | 1907 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

This is a pretty decent product. I've been using it for about 2 years now and I always keep going back to it. I spray it in my hair before I dry it and then before I straighten it. It makes my hair feel super soft and the bottle lasts a really long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by twilight55

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LUV IT!!! LUV IT!!! this product is amazing as a heat protector!!! it also makes my hair so soft after i use it!! it smells kinda like apples 2!! :) it provides a wonderful feel to your hair after you use it though!!!! :) i definatley recomend this product because of how well it works!! :) hope this helpd!!! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by jayluvsbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product its not bad and its not good either i was just looking for a cheap heat protectant because i saw sooo many videos on youtube saying that having no heat protectant spray is damamging to your hair so i bought this thinking it would be the answer to my prayers...not quite...i saw a video saying it was comparable to CHI 44 iron...i was orginally going to buy this because i have a chi flat iron (the best thing in the world by the way) but i think I will try the CHI 44 iron guard nxt time but it is a little expensive but my target is having buy 2 for the price of 1 so its really only $7 close to what TRESemme heat tamer spray cost!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by luvburmese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like this it dries out my hair, also the packaging could be better.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2010 5:59:00 PM More reviews by MissBeautyJunkie

I hate it because I tried and attempted several different things and ways to use(small amount of spray,medium amount,a bit more amount of the product) it but no matter what it did nothing to my hair it was left staticy & gross or my hair was sticky and gross. It was pretty cheap & it does smell good but it's not worth it for me since it does nothing for my hair. I'm thinking of trying CHI or Dove now. I hate this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Tiffieotheory14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't like this product because it just doesn't do anything for my hair. The only reason why I would repurchase is because I can't find any other good & cheap hair protectants. This product smells so good and comforting. The spray nozzle is perfect.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by bayxbiixvi3t

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

so ive been using this for quite a while, and im getting a little disappointed. at first it was amazing - kept made my hair nice and smooth after i straighten my hair, but lately it hasnt been performing as well. maybe my hair got used to it? not sure but its just not as great as before.
im going to go try the straightening gel instead, heard it works wonders.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by waterbaby241

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was sooo excited to find this product in Target, after reading great reviews here. I should have kept reading until I got to the bad reviews, 'cuz my vote certainly goes at this end of the scale. There are only 2 good things about this product. One, it's cheap. Two, it has a nice spray, but big deal. Other than that, this stuff was a huge disappointment. After just 3 uses, on wet hair before I blew it dry, my hair got totally dried out, crunchy, and was super hard to dry with my round brush & dryer. The brush kept getting stuck, which is something that never happens when I use Redken Smooth Down heat glide. I never should have listened to my hair stylist who said Redken is too heavy for my hair.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Makeupfreak11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my first heat protection spray. I bought it because of all the hype and generally good reviews. I have to say, I am disappointed. It does help when I am blow-drying my hair, leaves a good scent, but that's about it. My hair tends to break alot when I straighten it, and although this helped with the breakage, my hair felt really heavy afterward and really sticky.I even had trouble straightening it because the product made my hair all wet. It also caused split ends to appear.When I stopped using it, my hair got its flow back. For the 8$ I paid, I think it was a rip-off.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after hearing all the raves and reviews about it, and I was very disappointed with this product. It's very runny, even for a mist, and I had to apply A LOT because it's not very concentrated at all. The smell is really cheap smelling, and I tried to use some other products to mask the smell, but it still lingered a bit. I didn't notice my hair getting any better from the blow drying and heat styling, and for the $7 I paid, I could've spent towards something that actually did something for my hair. Will not repurchase.