LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 6/25/2009 12:06:00 AM

HG HG HG!!!! I still cannot believe the effect this cleanser has had on my skin. Before I started using this, my skin was acne prone, a little more on the oily side, whiteheads, visible pores, redness, and dark, dry, scaly areas around my nose and mouth. Now, my skin is so bright and a lot more clear than it has ever been. I still have a couple visible pores and the occaisional pimple, which just comes with being 19, my skin is perfect, for me at least. The dark, scaly, dry areas around my mouth are completely gone, my skin is balanced and I am constantly getting compliments on my skin now.

The packaging doesn't bother me that much, because I take one of the jars that LUSH gave me with a sample of a moisturizer, and put a chunk of my AOBS in there, that way I don't contaminate my large container. The smell took me a while to get used to, and it isn't the easiest cleanser to use, but for the results I have been getting, it is well worth all of the trouble.

on 6/14/2009 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a truly beautiful cleanser. 100% natural and packed with goodness in the form of ground almonds for gentle exfoliation, kaolin for cleansing, lavender & rose oil to balance the skin. This may be the perfect face product ever invented! It leaves my skin thoroughly cleansed (I did the toner on cotton ball test) and leaves it sooo soft and moisturised. Gentle enough to use everyday and feeds the skin with all its beautiful oils. Its a bit strongly scented with the lavender oil and slightly fiddly to use as you have to pinch some and add water to make a paste, but I love it and the steps are so worth it because it leaves my skin feeling beautiful! Will definitely repurchase, HG status!

on 6/8/2009 4:03:00 PM

This is my first cleanser from lush, along with a sample of dark angels. I like this quite a bit, but I'm going to try to find something better once I finish it. I like how my skin feels after using it. I don't feel it exfoliating whatsoever while I'm using it, but my skin is very soft afterward.

I'm not fond of the smell at all, to me it smells like grass. I can see why some people like it, but I hate it. It isn't enough to keep me from using it and it doesn't linger on the skin, but it sort of wafts all around my bathroom when I open the container and I really don't like it.

I also find this sort of complicated to use. It seems easy enough, wet hands and face, take pea size amount, roll around into paste. But it doesn't really happen like that. Since the texture is so gritty and it has the seeds or whatever in it, it doesn't form a nice even paste but rather just smaller chunks that end up all over my sink. Still not enough of a problem to make me not want to use it, but it's inconvenient and if it didn't work so well for my skin I wouldn't use it.

Mostly I just love how gentle this is while still exfoliating. My skin has been over exfoliated for years so it gets nasty really quickly, but it's also sensitive so I can't use something like dark angels or st Ives or even my clarisonic every day or it painful. This is a great medium.

I've been using this almost every morning. I wash with this, use breath of fresh air toner, and then either imperialis or celestial moisturizer. My skin stays really soft all day and it's behaving really well as far as oiliness goes. I'm happy. :)

on 6/7/2009 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I never dreamed I'd find a cleanser as horrid as this! Greasy, gritty, and it left a thick film of debris on my face. Glad I only had a sample.

on 6/5/2009 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I recieved AOBS through the 'Night in for Two' package that came free with my order. I am not really into the chamomile-tea lavender smell but that is something I can get past. The product itself isn't exfoliating enough for me, I prefer Dark Angels. It does a nice job moisturizing as I have dryish skin and doesn't leave me greasy. I can see how people with oily skin would really not like this! It is really gentle so I might pass it onto my sister who would really love this. If you *liked* AOBS but it wasn't exfoliating enough for you - try Dark Angels. EDIT: This broke me out on my NECK! I have never had neck acne before in my life and this was the only new product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am a fan of Lush, yeah but I've been using this cleanser everyday, twice a day for around 5 months and unfortunately it's done nothing for me. The previous lush cleanser I purchased (Herbalism) came in a container but this one just came in the paper packaging which is quite fragile so it's not that great for travel use either.

on 5/29/2009 11:56:00 PM

I love Lush products and I've used a lot of them in the past, but I had gotten away from their cleansers, mostly due to price.

After I developed rosacea, my skin started flaking terribly, and I was ready to pay more for skin care that made my face look better. I picked up AOBS and it has worked a treat. My skin does not flake at all any more, and the product doesn't make my rosacea flare.

I don't use this as a heavy-duty cleanser. I only use it as part of my morning routine. I use MAC Cleanse-Off Oil plus Cetaphil wash for removing makeup at the end of the day and I don't expect AOBS would take the place of them.

The packaging is not perfect but it works fine. I have to reach out of the shower and dry my hand off before I can get any of this out of the container but honestly, I'm so pleased to have non-flaky skin that I'll put up with a little bit of trouble from the container.

on 5/27/2009 2:46:00 PM

I liked this cleanser but it was a little too oily for my skin year round. I'd only use it in the winter when I get dried out. Love the smell though.

When I first started using this, about a month ago, I thought it was working nicely on my dry skin, and loved how soft my face felt after using it. About a week later, I noticed a pimple on my forehead and one above my lip (two places I never ever break out), and this was the only thing I had added to my regimen. Even though my skin is dry, I feel like the oils in this cause me to break out, and then the pimples get all peely and gross because of the dryness. I wish the lush lady had given me a sample size like I had asked for so I wouldn't have wasted $9.

on 5/25/2009 3:58:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I prefer to use this as an exfoliant and then use a very gentle cleanser afterwards as I don't much like the slight film of oil. I generally mash some baking soda in for a little extra exfoliation. It's reasonably pricey in NZ too. Overall I suppose it's ok but nothing fantastic. Some of the oil leaked out from the paper when it was in my bag on the way home which wasn't too nice. I keep it in one of the black pots I had a fresh mask in, and that seems to work ok.

Probably won't repurchase seeing as it's so expensive, I'll most likely go for Trilogy exfoliant next.