November 23, 2014 | 1720 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by sandfa5

I got this free with purchase as I'm assuming it was close to it's expiry date and I was super pleased! I use my clairsonic brush with my normal cleanser and then this afterwards daily, then twice a week i use ocean salt scrub and give myself a facial with LUSH toner tabs and a boscia detoxifying mask/lancome hydrating mask and it sounds high maintenance but it's really not that bad and OMG my skin has never been nicer! I got herbalism yesterday and haven't used it even to comment but AOBS leaves my skin super smooth...I've moved it up to my morning cleansing routine. It can be tricky to make the paste but i just wet my hands and take off a little chunk and just rub it around until it covers my hands then apply it to my face...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by luxuria111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought it was great. It seemed to be a gentle exfoliator. I used it daily and then started getting dry, eczema type patches on my face. I stopped using it and the dry patches cleared up.

I do have sensitive skin, so YMMV. But for my skin care needs, this was crap, and expensive crap at that. Waah!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by cottoncandyzombie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a free 1/4 lb of this with a $45 purchase at LUSH. I have to say, this smells a little bit like rosemary pizza crust to me (yes, I know, I'm odd). So far I've used it once and it turned out to be a great exfoliator, and it didn't leave my skin smelling like that astringent lavender-y smell that isn't too appealing to my nose. I don't think I'll ever get the whole making a paste thing straight, but that's okay because I don't think I'll be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Honneey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My Skin

M.A.C - NC30
Clinique - Medium Beige

Very Dry, Sensitive, Not prone to breakouts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS
The smell (lavender) is devine.
Cleans skin, making it smooth.
No reaction towards it whatsoever.
Skin felt 'oilier' when I used this. Which is good for me.

CONS
Found it didn't do much for my skin other than clean it and add a little bit of 'oil' in it. But this caused a few small pimples.
The process of having to make a paste with it before applying got really tired for me.
Found it didn't apply consistently or well.
Not having bought a tin, left it in the wrapper AWAY from shower/water was okay, but paper got oily after a while and I got too lazy to find a container for it. = big mess.
The price is a little pricey as for all LUSH products in my opinion. For what you get and how many times you can use it, its quite pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by miinx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG cleanser. I have sensitive, oily/combination skin that can be dull and dehydrated in some areas [lacking in -water-, not oil!]. I tend to get flakies, with oil/blackhead/large pores in my t-zone. This stuff literally makes my skin flawless, glowing, smooth and soft. No flakes, no blackheads, no breakouts, no dullness.. just soft, smooth, glowing happy skin. Its even helped tone down the redness i'm prone to in my cheeks and faded some acne scarring.

My skin is super sensitive, so I have to very careful what I use or my skin can breakout or get super red and irritated. AOBS hasnt caused a single breakout or irritation. Its soothing, but exfoliating all at once. My skin never feels tight, dehydrated, or irritated. Keep in mind this is a cleanser and gentle daily exfoliator. Its not intended nor marketed to remove makeup.. people who are expecting it to do this really need to read the product description before leaving a bad review. If you're wearing makeup, I suggest trying an oil-based makeup remover to remove m/u prior to using AOBS.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ick. Yuck. Hate the smell. Hate the consistency. Hate the feel of it. It doesn't remove makeup well. It doesn't exfoliate well. It doesn't irritate my skin, I'll say that, but I don't feel clean after using it either.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2009 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Pureangel

UPDATE: Bleh, this stuff did actually nothing comparing to others I have, won't recomend afterall....

*********************************************************************

UPDATE: Okay...this stuff is not that good after all. I have been using this for nearly a month but this did nothing, i'lll stick to this until i use it up and find something new....><''

*********************************************************************

WELL.....I would say this stuff is pretty good! I have tried alot of cleansers which works like rubbish *cough couhg...neutrogena* and found this to be pretty good. Im at my teen time so breakouts are un-avoidable......this help taming them! It didn't completelty give me face a change over or rubbed in some magic, i admit i did expect a lot from this with all the raving going on here........Just not my HG yet, im still in search, so by now I'll stick to this :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I do not love this product, but I do appreciate how unique and natural it is. I love LUSH, but not all of their products are "all natural" as some perceive it to be. This cleanser, however, is all natural. It does have a strong scent, but I love that. I do not use it enough to say that I cannot live without it, but it is an exfoliator and should not be used frequently (at least for me). It can be difficult and time consuming to dissolve the product into the desirable consistency, but some enjoy the process (one with nature? lol). It does not irritate or dry out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by glowkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Finally, a facial product from LUSH I really love!!! I was skeptical about trying this. I have sensitive skin and while it says on the website, it's for ALL skin types, I was still somewhat skeptical. And let me tell you that the very first time I did use this, afterwards my face was red and blotchy! Oh no'z! I thought.... but it was just the FIRST time I used it. I've been using it since then and have had no problems. This can definately be an exfoliater, so I've been trying to only use it twice a week as opposed to EVERY day as I had been doing before. It leaves my skin super soft after I use it. I follow this up with Tea Tree Toner. It's superb! Buy into the hype about this product. Angels on Bare Skin is really ALL THAT!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

None of the lush products worked for me. I tried the AOBS, Coal Face, Fresh Farmacy, various toners and the vanishing cream. Withing 2-3 weeks of using my skin erupted in painful acne all over my face. Originally i tried these prodcuts because i wanted something "natural" to help my acne and dry skin. They did make my skin feel good -- soft, smooth and supple - no dry skin anymore, but caused acne.
I'm going back to my orginal routine of raw honey with oatmeal and i'd like to try coconut oil to moisturize. wish i could return all these products but i cut the soaps up into slices and didn't keep receipts. if you want to swap email me and i'll let you know what i have. it's all still very fresh (being kept in the freezer) as of 02/14/09.