December 20, 2014 | 1717 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2007 2:33:00 PM More reviews by coffeekim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I always give perfumes a fair chance so although its dated, its not bad. I just didnt find that it was worth such an expensive price. I bought the EDT which was cheaper than EDP. Had this stuff been alot cheaper I might have purchased more. I shared the rest of my bottle with my mom and it smelled like a real pretty powder on her. White Diamonds which is my favorite seems to have a little simularity of chanel no. 5 and its alot cheaper!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Tamara45

I will always love Chanel No. 5. I have the refillable perfume bottle, which I also love. I definitely agree that this one really has to work with your body chemistry, and it does for me - so you absolutely must really test it out and give it an hour to sit with you before you decide.

Definitely the most classic of all of the Chanels I wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2007 11:48:00 AM More reviews by shanwalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I realy wanted to love this perfume due to its notoriety but unfortunately it is not for me. It's way too heavy and matronly for me. It could be a body chemistry thing but I took one sniff on my wrist and grimaced! For me, it smells to "chemical", lacking any lighter floral notes. It would suit some but I'll stick to Allure if I feel like Chanel.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2007 8:01:00 AM More reviews by rtbabb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in mourning for the former No. 5 scent - such a classic; reminds me of going to church with my mom, who passed away 25 years ago. It had become my signature scent, too. I just purchased a new bottle of the eau de perfume and it doesn't smell ANYTHING like it used to. After reading here about the reformulation, I returned it to Nordstrom and the rep totally denied that it had been changed, blaming my age (47) for my change in what I thought it smelled like - how insulting! I'm now perfume-less and am on a hunt for my new one. My old faves are Chance and Clinique's Aromatics Elixir, but I really loved No.5. I also have a hard time finding a fragrance that doesn't give me a headache and makes me feel nauseous. Sooooooo bummed.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2007 5:41:00 AM More reviews by sillyjillie

Too much aldehyde! Really does not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by tatlicupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

smells like soap. it is not complex, fruity, floral, youthful, or groundbreaking. It smells like a strong soap your strict great aunt would have in her bathroom.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by morgans

I really wanted to like it as it's such an icon, but it's just too strong for me. The sandalwood note is so prominent it reminds me of a certain soap. It smells not bad at the department counter, and I guess there are so many perfumes in the air, my nose gets numb so this strong one takes note? I can't wear it alone and it easily overwhem any other scent, so now its a deco on my dresser.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2007 11:18:00 PM More reviews by rbella

I really love this perfume. I wear it for all special occasions. My HG fragrance. Lovely scent and I always get compliments when I have this on. My husband is also a big fan!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 1:28:00 PM More reviews by cdo0208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My grandma used to work in Women's fragrances and this is her all-time favorite. This smell brings back memories of being a little girl and smelling her perfume. I definitely believe that if you are going to wear this fragrance, the pure parfum version is the only way to go. The EDP to me smells just like baby powder, which is not a scent that I am particularly fond of. However, the parfum, while still powdery, also smells like jasmine, which is lovely. Chanel no.5 is still not "me" though, because I prefer scents that are more intoxicating, and they usually have much warmer notes than this. I'd much rather wear Allure, or one of my all-time favorites, Coco Mademoiselle. Still sophisticated, but more my style. Perhaps it is convenient that I am not a fan of no.5, because my boyfriend detests it. I do appreciate this fragrance for being an elegant, timeless classic though.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by fcabrera

I'll never forget when i first tried this. I was 13, and i tried one of those paper ads that come it the mail, and i was hooked. i loved it. at first it smelled kind of like a pretty warm baby powder. very smooth and warm and pretty. i didnt get that first thought of an "old lady" smell when i tried it. that never came to my mind. i just had to have it after that though and i begged my dad to get it for my birthday. when we went out to get it i also fell in love with coco mademoielle, so he got me that for christmas a year later. i think its best for the fall winter months, or just whenever you wanna feel extra special. i think with this you just HAVE to get the EP, or else your not doing it justice. its always going to be my HG.