Chanel No.5

3.5

on 11/10/2007 8:59:00 AM

I really wanted to like this fragrance. It's a classic. The current advertising is beautiful; however, it smelled like bug spray to me. I'm not trying to be funny, it really smelled like bug spray. I waited for the dry down and it still had a very chemical odor. I tried the eau de perfume too.

on 11/10/2007 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have almost no sense of smell. But, boy, I smelt this when I sampled it back in college. I can't even tell you what it smelled like, but it irritated me so much that I tried to wash it off an hour later! I just couldn't stand how it smelled on me!

on 11/8/2007 8:44:00 PM

I bounce around between Chance, Coco Mademoiselle, Allure and No. 5. I think Coco Mademoiselle is probably my current favorite.
No. 5 is a classic fragrance that is certainly beatiful and very recognizable, but it can lean a little old lady and it is very easy to put on too much.

When I want a stronger, more womanly scent, this is the perfume that I reach for.

This scent does start out rather strong, so I usually dab it on one wrist, and transfer the scent to the other wrist, and then behind both ears. I don't rub, I press as to not ruin the scent.

It starts out very strong and powdery on me, but then it mellows out to a comfortable powdery scent with just the slightest hint of vanilla to go along with it - divine, I say!

I know the bottle that I have now will last me forever (mainly because of how little I have to use), but I do plan on repurchasing if I do happen to run out.

on 11/1/2007 2:10:00 PM

I can count on one hand the number of perfumes I truly hate and this is one of them. Base notes of toilet cleaner and talcum powder with top notes of bug spray and methylated spirits. I don't know about old lady, it's more cleaning lady.

I wonder whatever happened to Chanel numbers 1 through to 4? Were they discontinued or were they just bad lab experiments that went wrong? Probably! Pheeww!

on 11/1/2007 12:35:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is one of my all time favorite scents. I splurged on the Parfum and haven't been disappointed. Three drops and I'm good for the day. At first it's kind of flowery, but my favorite part is when after awhile It smells powdery. Something about no. 5 makes me feel pretty and feminine. <3

on 10/30/2007 12:11:00 PM

The first fragrance I ever loved. Probably at the age of 16? So it was unfortunate it didn't quite suit me at that age, perhaps when I'm a bit older. This fragrance is warm and smooth. It is not floral, it is not sweet. It is mature and comforting. It is classic and for a woman who knows herself and her sexuality well. She's the type of woman who doesn't need to advertise herself.

on 10/28/2007 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

To me, it smells like flowers, baby powder and a whole bunch of cleaning solutions mixed together. Too overpowering for me.

on 10/26/2007 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite perfume. I can only describe it as having a wonderful, "round" baby powder scent. I'm not too thrilled about the end notes: After a while, what can remain is a smell that's like very faint "motor oil," or so said a male friend of the family. I do notice that I can prevent the "oil" scent from developing if I use it on high moisture areas of my body, like between my elbows or behind my knees. Highly recommended if you can afford it.
EDIT: (11/10/2008) Wow, I'm really impressed. I sprayed some eau de toilette in my hair and I can still smell No. 5 17 hours later!

on 10/23/2007 12:13:00 AM

Worst perfume along with all chanel perfumes... I agree with the girl below me... I almost puked from the overwhelming scent of this perfume...

Popular Fragrances