Cover Girl TruBlend Liquid Makeup

3.1

Water (Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PCA Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methylmethacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Propylparaben, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake, Red 36

on 1/23/2006 2:24:00 PM

The one thing I hate about CoverGirl foundations is they always seem to leave a cast of color on your face for the first 30 minutes - 1hr or so. I have fair skin and red hair, but yellow undertones. I was always thinking my makeup looked either too pale or too red [using either Ivory or Natural Ivory] but by the middle of the day, it seemed to have blended in with my skin tone much better. The cast or makeup line that the foundation leaves right after you apply it makes the color look a LOT darker or thicker than it really is. This does cover well and is nice for my oily prone skin, but the colors just don't seem to be right. It leaves that dark mask line of "makeup face" that is NOT attractive for a good while, and while it does go away, it shouldn't be happening at all if you ask me. This makeup can be SUCH a pain when you need to get out the door fast. I need to find a foundation that I can apply and not have to continuously blend for an hour to make look somewhat decent.

on 1/22/2006 4:53:00 PM

I used this during the summer because it was the only foundation I could find that would naturally match my tan. My face kept breaking out and I just figured that it was the heat and humidity. Around Sept. and Oct. when I quit tanning I bought a lighter shade and my face kept breaking out! I quit using it and my face is great again. True, it comes in really great shades, but having gross skin is not worth it!

on 1/16/2006 7:09:00 PM

I love this foundation. I have combo skin (very oily yet flakey), and this works wonderfully for me. Makes my skin glow w/out being oily. I have and will buy again.

on 1/1/2006 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS STUFF!! i have combination skin, and when i first purchased this..it would make my dry spots flake...and it would b really noticable...but now i use a better moisturiser...so now it works perfectly. I love the coverage it gives, it's doesn't looked like it's caked on, and it's not too sheer...perfect coverage, especially because i have red cheeks 24/7. The dispenser can get a little messy, but besides that..it's perfect...HG!

EDIT: What have Covergirl done??? I have always been using the trublend in the plastic packaging. I ran out out so i went 2 get more, and i noticed that they have changed the packaging into the glass one, and unfortunately the formulation too. This came out really runny, as the old formulation was quite thick,. It applied streaky due to the runniness, but it matched my skintone...for about 5 seconds, and then it turned orange!!! Which has never happened with the old formulation, looks like I'm gonna need to hunt for a new HG foundation. Never again.

on 12/30/2005 5:53:00 AM

Over all I think this product is awesome. It is a little bit thick but it blends very well. It has a kinda weird smell at first but once its on your face you can't notice that. And with the trublend powder it looks really good. Coverage is good and it makes my skin look very clear. I have used trublend for the last 8 months and I would deffinetaly recommend it. Oh and the packaging is very convienant too, with the whole pump thing. I will more than likely continue too use this product for awhile.

I am surprised there are so many good reviews about this product. None of the shades match my skin at all and it makes my skin peel.

on 12/3/2005 4:44:00 PM

Well I gave it a one because its my first 10 minutes with it on... first time it looked a lil chalky...but i am hoping it works right. i really hope it doesn not break me out... the coverage is medium and you can build it up. But the foundation is nor liquid or moouse. Its weird to describe, but its very thick when you despense it on your hand. But whatever... I'll write back 2morrow to see how it works while i'm at work.(reference: toasted almond...combo/normal skin)

UPDATE:It didnt break me out... i dont really like it because when i put it on my face its a lil lighter... I mean I can pull it off and all but yeah... a lil' weird.. I think I'm having a change of heart for my first foundation True Match by L'Oreal Paris. So if this helps(oh yeah... it pumps out funny too)

Update: I Really Dont like This...It looks like it makes my a toatlly lighter shade. I am toasted almond...so ladies watch out.... I'd never buy this again...sorry cg...

on 12/2/2005 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Lets start by saying that i normally equate cover girl with CRAP. Now i am NOT a high-end make up snob, it's just that everyone used cover girl in like grade 7. Getting past that though, this foundation performs well and does what it says it will. The only reason i tried this product is that i was at a friends house scrambing to fix the appearance of my skin before going out. apparenty i had forgotten foundation that day? who knows. anyways i loved how it came out in a kind of mousse-like consistency and it blended wonderfully almost.... velvety AND it covered well especially when it came to large pores. The next day i ran out and bought a bottle of my own. The color i picked works great for my skin tone. This is awesome stuff that i am truly excited about. haha i need a life.

on 11/30/2005 6:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this after I was thrilled with TruBlend's new powder foundation. I love the pump packaging; it's very hygienic and helps you control how much product you want to dispense. It contains 1 fl oz of liquid.

I am very fair-skinned, and I use N3 in MAC. I bought my TruBlend foundation in Ivory (405), which is a perfect color match for my neutral/yellowish skin. It has a whipped texture, but still retains its liquid properties. I use my fingertips to apply it and to blend; it disapears effortlessly into my skin, and doesn't leave a mask-like feel--instead, it's more light and airy, I hardly feel like I put anything on! It looks very natural in any light and evens out flaws & discoloration with light to medium coverage. It helps control shine, too--I have had a tough time trying to find a foundation that doesn't look like I slapped a bunch of grease on my face, but TruBlend is clean and matte. In conjunction with powder, it stays put but washes off easily.

Overall, this is a nice compliment to the rest of the TruBlend line (the products cost around $10). It's also oil-free. I do not use it by itself because I put powder foundation over it to get more coverage, but I like it as a base to keep my powder lasting all day. A great buy--but like any other makeup, just remember to exfoliate and moisturize first to get the most out of it. continued >>

I love this product!!! I don’t think it would work with oily skin maybe dry. But sense I have normal skin it was easy to blend and I always use my fingers and then use paper towel and tap my around my face. I never liked powder foundation, sense you can see in the light and it’s all flakey when you have to reapply you can see it more, sense you can’t add moisturizer. This one makes my skin look normal it does not look like I have any foundation and I always have my skin smooth. No breakouts and I have used this for 4 month now, great product.