April 17, 2014 | 1131 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2005 6:39:00 PM More reviews by potions_mistress

More expensive than what I normally pay for makeup, but worth every penny. It goes on perfectly, and because it's oil-free it is the first foundation to not cause my face to breakout. Goes on so beautifully that when I look in the mirror I can't even tell I'm wearing foundation. Would definately buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2005 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Emkat8

Overall this is a really great product. It is rather pricey for something that you buy at your local Wal-mart, but does really nice things for your skin. I love the way it smooths on easily, it has an almost silky feel and finish to it that leaves your skin feeling super soft. It evens out skin tone really well too. It is a great product and I definitly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2005 8:04:00 PM More reviews by kbayless

I'm on my second bottle of this lightweight foundation. It doesn't have a heavy feel or heavy coverage, so it's perfect for those summer days when my skin is relatively calm and all I need is a little evening out of my skintone. Don't count on this to cover any blemishes on its own. It blends nicely, lightly evens skin tone, and doesn't leave any shine. I found a color that worked for me through trial and error at a drugstore that took returns. I don't know how they expect you to use those little plastic color matching thingsamajiggers to correctly match your skintone. Find a drugstore that takes returns and buy 2 or 3 that look close to your skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2005 9:06:00 PM More reviews by spitefairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this for $4.99 on sale, and I'd say it's worth about that, maybe a dollar or so more. It felt really good going on, silky and very blendable. Then I looked in the mirror and chalk-o-city! After some more rubbing and blending it gave a nice finish, though if you have uneven skin type it will get a kinda stuck in the dry edges. Would not recommend if you have any fine lines or wrinkles. But otherwise feels good, and haven't noticed any break-outs or oil slicks. Pretty good coverage, just remember to blend blend blend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2005 7:42:00 AM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was hesitant to purchase this, since CG's Outlast foundation gave me breakouts, but TruBlend has been far better. It pumps out of the bottle as a cream, but quickly blends into a thin, smooth texture. This foundation works better for evening out skin tone, rather than concealing flaws. It's only fault is its slight, but lingering, shine (even with powder over it), so women with very oily skin will probably not like this product. I use TruBlend in the Natural Ivory shade, and I am very grateful to CG for retaining this cool tone, recognizing that women are of many, many different descents and skin tones (too bad, though, that the TruBlend powders are all yellow or peach-based). UPDATE: I finally decided to not re-purchase this, since it contains too much mica. Most of us already use powder containing mica, so this amount of shine becomes overkill, rather than "radiant" - even for those of us with dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2005 12:33:00 PM More reviews by earendilsstar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product with high hopes, because I had heard great things about it. Definitly not in my case. It made me break out worse than any other foundation I've tried. It was very oily, and very greasy.

Stay Away From This Stuff!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2005 2:58:00 PM More reviews by kelbelle927

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the very first foundation I ever tried. I remember always having to have a powder compact around so I could get rid of the shine which always came up 2-3 hours after application. But I thought that was just my skin, not the foundation. For some reason, I stopped using it. But a year later, I was trying to find a good color match, so I tried it again.

Ugh. NOW I know why I stopped using it. It made me feel like I had Vaseline all over my face. I have DRY skin. Most foundations make me look flakey and dry. But this sucker made my face feel oily and dirty. The only thing it has going for it is that the color match is probably the best I'll ever find (I used Ivory). But it's oily, the coverage is too light and not even buildable, it feels THICK on your face, and the pump is kind of funky. Ugh. Never again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2005 2:29:00 PM More reviews by firefly7

this was an ok foundation for me. It provides a seemless semi-sheer coverage, but the only problem I had was my skin felt kind of tacky or sticky after applying it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2005 7:01:00 PM More reviews by preppymrazlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this foundation. The texture is awesome for a d/s brand and the price isn't that bad either. I use it in medium light (for summer; i dunno what my shade would be w/o a tan). This is great d/s stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2005 1:41:00 AM More reviews by falafel_waffle

I like the coverage of this foundation. Though after a while, it loses it's texture and consistency. Now it just feels like normal liquid foundation. I would probably buy it in the tiny testers, not cost effective, though the texture would stay nice and fluffy.