Cover Girl TruBlend Liquid Makeup

3.1

Water (Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PCA Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methylmethacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Propylparaben, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake, Red 36

I am surprised there are so many good reviews about this product. None of the shades match my skin at all and it makes my skin peel.

on 12/3/2005 4:44:00 PM

Well I gave it a one because its my first 10 minutes with it on... first time it looked a lil chalky...but i am hoping it works right. i really hope it doesn not break me out... the coverage is medium and you can build it up. But the foundation is nor liquid or moouse. Its weird to describe, but its very thick when you despense it on your hand. But whatever... I'll write back 2morrow to see how it works while i'm at work.(reference: toasted almond...combo/normal skin)

UPDATE:It didnt break me out... i dont really like it because when i put it on my face its a lil lighter... I mean I can pull it off and all but yeah... a lil' weird.. I think I'm having a change of heart for my first foundation True Match by L'Oreal Paris. So if this helps(oh yeah... it pumps out funny too)

Update: I Really Dont like This...It looks like it makes my a toatlly lighter shade. I am toasted almond...so ladies watch out.... I'd never buy this again...sorry cg...

on 12/2/2005 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Lets start by saying that i normally equate cover girl with CRAP. Now i am NOT a high-end make up snob, it's just that everyone used cover girl in like grade 7. Getting past that though, this foundation performs well and does what it says it will. The only reason i tried this product is that i was at a friends house scrambing to fix the appearance of my skin before going out. apparenty i had forgotten foundation that day? who knows. anyways i loved how it came out in a kind of mousse-like consistency and it blended wonderfully almost.... velvety AND it covered well especially when it came to large pores. The next day i ran out and bought a bottle of my own. The color i picked works great for my skin tone. This is awesome stuff that i am truly excited about. haha i need a life.

on 11/30/2005 6:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this after I was thrilled with TruBlend's new powder foundation. I love the pump packaging; it's very hygienic and helps you control how much product you want to dispense. It contains 1 fl oz of liquid.

I am very fair-skinned, and I use N3 in MAC. I bought my TruBlend foundation in Ivory (405), which is a perfect color match for my neutral/yellowish skin. It has a whipped texture, but still retains its liquid properties. I use my fingertips to apply it and to blend; it disapears effortlessly into my skin, and doesn't leave a mask-like feel--instead, it's more light and airy, I hardly feel like I put anything on! It looks very natural in any light and evens out flaws & discoloration with light to medium coverage. It helps control shine, too--I have had a tough time trying to find a foundation that doesn't look like I slapped a bunch of grease on my face, but TruBlend is clean and matte. In conjunction with powder, it stays put but washes off easily.

Overall, this is a nice compliment to the rest of the TruBlend line (the products cost around $10). It's also oil-free. I do not use it by itself because I put powder foundation over it to get more coverage, but I like it as a base to keep my powder lasting all day. A great buy--but like any other makeup, just remember to exfoliate and moisturize first to get the most out of it. continued >>

I love this product!!! I don’t think it would work with oily skin maybe dry. But sense I have normal skin it was easy to blend and I always use my fingers and then use paper towel and tap my around my face. I never liked powder foundation, sense you can see in the light and it’s all flakey when you have to reapply you can see it more, sense you can’t add moisturizer. This one makes my skin look normal it does not look like I have any foundation and I always have my skin smooth. No breakouts and I have used this for 4 month now, great product.

on 11/9/2005 12:46:00 AM

A little background of my skin type: combo/oily. Ok now after that... this foundation sucks.

A few things that suck about it: The way it comes out. This little pump action is horrible. The texture is mixed and seperated. And i've bought this a couple times, so it's not like a got a "bad batch" or anything. It comes out liquidy and creamy mixed on your finger. It feels oily on the skin, and made me break out BAD. It made me shiney almost an hour after application, and did nothing for covering up. It clogged my pores and made me break out, and made my face feel disgustingly oily. BOO!

on 10/31/2005 1:37:00 AM

I was intrigued by the concept of a foundation that blends with your skin tone, and in that regard, it does really well. This, I've found, is a big plus if you buy your foundation in a drugstore, because the colors are practically foolproof, thus eliminating the risks you take when you can't test the foundation. That said, I didn't like the texture of this. I found it too chalky, and although the shade matched my skin wonderfully, the texture didn't. It will be interesting to see how this technology progesses.

on 10/22/2005 1:16:00 PM

Always on the quest for a good foundation- this was my latest pick. I'm a big fan of the pump bottle, especially this particular style. What comes out of it is a whole other story! Applying it isn't child's play. I find the grainy texture odd and not pleasing to put on my skin. It takes a fair amount of blending to get it right, but it does sit well eventually and match the texture of a person's skin (mine at least). I don't think it's a particularly flattering foundation. It's thick and goopy, but still doesn't give much coverage or even out my skintone. I've used much more lightweight products that could still diminish the appearance of pimples and redness. I have to rely heavily on my concealer with this one. I won't be buying this again.
A little word to the wise: When I bought this, I was initially impressed with the quantity of foundation I was getting. I compared the numbers with a significantly smaller tube and much lighter of foundation, and I was actually getting quite a bit less with Trublend! Don't be fooled! The heavy packaging and clunky lid mask what you're really getting.

on 10/18/2005 3:18:00 PM

This is a pretty good foundation. I have it in warm beige, which is a good match for my skin. I apply it with a sponge and it does not require a lot of blending. I have normal skin, and it hasn't caused me any dryness or breakouts. It doesn't rub off easily and it last pretty long. It has medium coverage. My only complaint is the texture of the foundation. Although it's in a bottle, it is more of a mousse than a liquid. I reccomend this foundation if you have normal skin.

I've done very well with Cover Girl Foundations--especially Aquasmooth and TruBlend. Of the two, favorite foundation is Cover Girl's TruBlend in Soft Sable and Toasted Almond. Even if you go up or down a shade, it will still match your skintone well. It goes on light, covers up imperfections, gives you a smooth look, and is not greasy. Not to mention, it cost less than $10 in the drugstores and a little goes along way. I usually apply mine with a little sponge or a foundation brush.