April 16, 2014 | 1489 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - Brit

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2006 12:43:00 PM More reviews by SudsInTheBucket

Wonderful spicey scent that is GREAT for the Autumn and Winter months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 4:35:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

A gorgeous vanillary skin scent that is soft and comforting, similar to the original London but lighter. I have the EDT version which comes in clear glass bottle covered with sheer white plaids - very imaginative. I received it as a gift set with a gorgeous body cream. I do enjoy this fragrance - definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2006 6:33:00 PM More reviews by urbandecaychick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite fragrance of all time!! My boyfriend bought it for me a while ago and I fell in love with this ever since! It's definetely my signature fragrance; feminine and sophisticated, yet fun, different, and unique. I'm in love.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2006 6:30:00 PM More reviews by perfumeslut

THE ONLY THING I LOVE ABOUT THIS BEEN THERE DONE THAT FRAGRANCE IS THE BOTTLE!! THIS FRAGRANCE SMELLS JUST AS GENERIC AS EVERY OTHER MASS MARKETED DEPARTMENT STORE FRAGRANCE OUT THERE. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS FRAGRANCE THAT EVERYONE ELSE IS PROBABLY WALKING AROUND THE LOCAL MALL WEARING. ON THE OTHER HAND I AM A LITTLE BIT OF A FRAGRANCE SNOB AND LIKE THE HARD TO FIND BOUTIQUE FRAGRANCES ANYWAY, BUT I GENUINELY DO NOT LIKE THE DEPARTMENT STORE FRAGRANCES AS THEY ALL SMELL WAY TO FLORAL AND SYNTHETIC.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2006 12:58:00 AM More reviews by kristacular1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first smelled this fragrance in a magazine and I thought it smelled AMAZING. When I finally got around to buying it I was so excited...but I was saddened to find that when you spray this perfume it smells like BUG SPRAY! It smells OK after it wears off, but it was absolutely nothing like what I smelled in the magazine...it was quite disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2006 10:11:00 PM More reviews by Jenny42901

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is going to be my signature scent. A very beautiful, warm, and "sexy in a mature way" type of fragrance that I fell in love with the first time I smelled it and three years later I'm still favoring this scent over all others. The staying power, although not outstanding, is decent enough and I highly recommend "layering" to smell like Brit all day long. The soothing, homey vanilla is what attracts me most to this wonderful, favorite scent of mine. I would definitely purchase again, although a bit pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2006 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Billye

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was trying on perfumes when I overheard one of the counter ladies talking about Burberry Brit being sold out again. I had read the raves on several websites and the counter lady raved about it so I ordered a bottle of the edp unsniffed. That night I put on sexy lingerie, tousled my hair, spritzed Brit on my wrist and threw myself on the bed in a come-hither pose. My husband came in, sat on the bed to take his shoes off and and commented next time I should open the window when I spray a spider. Read smell faded quickly - lucky them. I'll stick with Coco Mlle, Valentino V, Samsara, Trouble, Bulgari, Indecence, Magnetism, Max Mara, Flowerbomb. EDIT: I've tried very hard to like Brit but all I get is an overpowering amber/smoky/wood smell-no vanilla, no almond, no sugar, nothing remotely sweet, fruity or floral. Changed soaps-that wasn't it. Just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2006 9:45:00 PM More reviews by dee0219

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this perfume. I love how it smells on me and I get compliments all the time wearing it! It is expensive, $62 for 1.7 OZ bottle from Burberry and $82 for the larger size. I've been using this since December of '05 and I never tire of it. It's mature, sexy, everything you could want. I recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2006 6:50:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

i adore this scent -- burberry brit starts off sharp on my skin, with notes of lime and a slightly tangy fruitiness. the drydown is wonderful and warm; smells like vanilla beans, as opposed to fake synthetic vanilla. im just always amazed that the drydown is so different from how it starts off on my skin! the bottle is adorable with the burberry plaid print, and i switch back and forth between this and kenneth cole black for men (which is duh, for men, but i love how it smells on me). the only reason i wouldnt buy this again is because as much as i adore it, perfume is not something that i wear enough to justify getting another bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by SpinDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh ick!

Thank goodness this one came as a sample with another purchase. I had read nice things about Brit - so I put some on immediately.

BIG mistake. I smelled like I had walked through the local Drug store and grabbed a sample of something that sells for $4.95 a bottle.

On my chemistry - there were NO redeaming qualities to be had from Brit. Totally average and non-descript.