Burberry Brit

on 11/12/2006 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My partner bought this lovely scent for me as a present.....it's different from the overtly feminine scents I usually wear, very soft wintery kind of fragrance....like wrapping yourself in a cashmere shawl. Yummy!

I tried Burberry Brit a few times and for some reason every time I do I smell a totally different thing! Last few times however, I've been able to nail it down to a very, very sweet candy-like aroma in this scent! It was like the ice-cream shop and candy store all in one. Very yummy, very creamy and sugary sweet; but not like burnt sugar--there are a few fragrances out there that smell more intense of burnt sugar & cotton candy (Pink Sugar being only one of the many)... but Burberry Brit has a slightly mellower, more like a cake smell to it... There is also a very distinct almond smell there as well which is nice... Both top notes and middle notes are loaded with almond!... only I really wish that I could hang on to it a bit longer - especially the almond notes... The staying power is alright... OK so I spray on A LOT!!! in order to make is stay... but I do love it... I'm guessing this will be as close to Gloria as I'll get. I find it hard to grasp and spray the 100ml bottle, it's just too wide. Also there is a very distinct difference between edt and edp and while I have both I think I wear my edp more. Edp is softer and mellower, while edt has a very strong amaretto scent to it and I love it as well.

on 11/6/2006 8:33:00 PM

This perfume is not the worst thing I ever smelled in my life but absolutely not my style. It is very strong and masculine smelling. The only scent I can really pick up at all in this is an overpowering attack of lime. It smells exactly like my dad's aftershave lotion. Not for someone looking for a subtle scent...

on 10/30/2006 6:52:00 AM

Warm, slightly woody, not at all foody vanilla with a bracing note of lime. I like that the lime keeps it from being too sweet, but it isn't that well-balanced. Very interesting contrast. I like the scent but hate the bottle.

on 10/24/2006 4:09:00 PM

I'm one of those that love Aquolina's pink sugar, and this smelled so fantastic on me that my SO practically ate my arm/neck smelling this (he also loves sweeter scents). I think Brit has little more citrus/wood to temper the sugar so it's a little more grown-up than aquolina; it's my new favorite day scent.

on 10/17/2006 6:09:00 PM

I will just agree with all the other great reviews here : this is such a fantastic, classic fragrance. The plaid bottle is adorable. I will wear this for a long time.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am not gonna describe it because there are a ton of reviews that describe it, I just wanna throw my two cents in and let everyone know this is my HG scent, I wear it daily, love it, get compliments on it. And I will definitley repurchase everytime i run out!

on 9/30/2006 5:07:00 PM

This is one of my staples-it is a strong perfume but the dry down is much more subtle. I love how the vanilla comes through, you don't have to re-apply this perfume as it lasts and lasts. The plaid bottle is cute too. This is definitely a fall/winter scent-too strong for the warmer weather.

on 9/29/2006 10:53:00 AM

Oh my, this is not my style at all. First of all, I usually don't care about packaging that much, but this bottle is really ugly to me, kind of a turn off. This fragrance is really too sweet, and I can't help but smell a whiff of 'pipe' tobacco. I picked up a sample, and it went from one spray on my wrist directly to trash. I smelled that pipe smell all day, so I guess one lippie for staying power.

on 9/24/2006 3:55:00 PM

I asolutely love this scent. It is very warm and inviting. Not going to lie, I hate vanilla fragrances, but with Brit the tonka bean and the almond neutralize it. This scent can be worn in any season (edt for warmer months and edp for cooler months). It is a sensual warm fragrance, which should be avoided by those who adore citrus/clean/oriental fragrances. If you love amber, tonka bean, almond, or even vanilla this is the scent for you. *** The edt doesn't last long but if you layer it over the body lotion it will last much longer. plus the lotion smells more like tonka bean and lime than vanilla so it further neutralizes the vanilla for the vanilla-phobic chicas.

Popular Fragrances