April 17, 2014 | 1494 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Liner

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by adesisca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

till now, i still cannot use liquid eyeliner, i find it hard to use liquid eyeliner. I have been using cream/gel eyeliner, but lately, i found that my cream/gel eyeliner fades out through out the day (i used bobbi brown, loreal HIP, smashbox). i went to rite aid and found this eyeliner on sale for like $2++. So i bought it. OMG! the application of this liquid eyeliner is so much easier and simpler compared to gel eyeliner! and this give me a very precise lining. and it stays on ALL day!! I am loving this!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2009 7:33:00 PM More reviews by heathercadlaon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To me, this eyeliner was alright because of the color and it stays on for quite some time. I'm not a fan of the felt tip and it's actually harder for me whereas with a brush applicator it's way easier. By the end of the day I always seemed to have black residue under my eyes.. I thought it was mascara at first but then I tried skipping mascara and still had black under my eyes. It's also a pain when I make a mistake because it's so hard to take off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a liquid liner junkie, I wear it everyday, no matter what I'm doing or where I'm going! The best I had found (and I've tried dozens both high and low end) was Almay's Amazing Lasting liquid liner. This is just a tad bit better at holding up in the corners of my eyes. I line all around, and yes, I line my waterline, so finding a liquid to hold up there is no easy task. But this one does, and like Almay's version, does not crack, fade, smudge, or do anything else you don't want it to, and lasts all freakin day. Also, I much prefer a sponge tip than a brush for a liquid liner, I have found that it makes for a much quicker easier and smoother application. If it can hold up against oily eyelides, waterlining, and around the inner corners of eyes, then I'd say it's the perfect liquid liner!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jadejiang

I quite like the look of this eyeliner. It went on fairly easily and nicely, but it didn't have staying power and rubbed off/smudged by the end of the day. I wouldn't repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by bacasuso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in Blackest Black. I absolutely adore the brush-- its a foamy tip, a lot like a pen which makes it incredibly easy to get super fine and really thick lines. This formula dries quickly, and is a really deep matte black. Great for when you apply artificial eyelashes.

It doesn't rub off too easy, I have greasy lids but I always apply a base beforehand, and this stuff holds up.

Pricewise, it was $6.38 at my local Target. A fair price for a good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2009 2:45:00 AM More reviews by gummiibears

I love this eye liner. It was the first liquid liner I tried, and I wasn't disappointed. Application was surprisingly easy. I found I could get a thin line with no trouble at all, and I don't have the steadiest hands. I buy this in "Black Brown", and I love the intensity of the color. Another redeeming feature of this product is that it doesn't smudge. It never has, even when I've worn it out on the hottest summer days, and I live in the South. Usually I apply some foundation to my eyelids before using eye liner, but even if I forget I've never had problems with this smudging. Overall, this product is great, not too expensive, lasts all day, and unlike Revlon's eye liner pen/marker, it does not crack and flake off.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2009 1:25:00 AM More reviews by sugarxcookieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a liquid liner FANATIC! Revlon`s colorstay is one of my favorites. The sponge brush allows you to have more control then the brushes with the bristles. The colors are lovely and it lasts the whole day!<3

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Tilps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this to try out a liquid eyeliner. I really LOVE Revlon and Almay's automatic pencil liners, so I figured I'd be safe with this purchase. Unfortunately, it didn't stay very long. I do have very oily lids though, but even when I use my Two Faced Shadow Insurance, this definitely doesn't last all day. Disappointing, won't be getting it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by bunnyvie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It didn't stay on my lids at all. I have slightly watery eyes and the liner went everywhere on my lids. It stings my eyes too... which makes them tear all the more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

* PROS
- VERY long lasting on the top lid.
- Brush tip is very stiff so it's easy to control.
- Comes off easily in the shower with water and cleanser.

* CONS
- The colour is too matte - looks cakey and extremely fake.
- The brush is a bit stiff/scratchy.
- Doesn't last very long on the outer corner of my eye and the lower lashline.
- Hard to tightline with this. Need to use a very creamy black liner along with it on the top lid (Prestige Total Intensity in Deepest Black, same colour).
- It's hard to get the brush out of the tube, it gets stuck every time and I sort of have to wiggle/pull it out. If I pull it out too hard I'm scared the thing will explode.
- Even though the brush is easy to control, for some reason it is hard to make a straight, smooth line. I don't have this problem with my Avon liquid liner, same design.
- Quite pricey for a drugstore eyeliner (in my opinion) - $25 AUD.

BLACKEST BLACK: A very dark matte black. It actually looks a bit fake because it's *too* matte.
BLACK-BROWN: When I first applied it I thought, this isn't 'black' brown at all, it's just brown! But after it dries it does turn into a sort of dark brown, which would look much less harsh than pure black. Still too matte and fake looking though.

EDIT: Months later and I have given this liner a few more tries, but still hate it. Looks very fake and you can't get a smooth line with it. I use the Avon one everyday, but only on the inner 2/3 of my eyes, it doesn't last on the outer corner. I wing my liner with Prestige TI Black instead.

- - -