Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner

Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract. Tocopheryl Acetate. Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Oleyl Alcohol, TEA-Stearate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cellulose, Hectorite, Glyceryl Stearate. Xanthan Gum, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contian : Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titnaium Dioxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Mica, Chromium Oxide Greens, Bismuth Oxychloride, CArmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Manganese Violet.

on 2/7/2010 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like this eyeliner.I use this cheap retractable eyeliner from the .99 cents store and that definitely doesn't last all day, not that i was expecting it but i put this liquid liner on top of the pencil liner, the pencil liner is kind of a guideline for me.When i put this on it stays on all day long.Its great also if you want to try doing the wing on your eye

on 1/29/2010 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow! SO shocked at the negative reviews for this. I'm on my 3rd tube of this stuff and LOVE it. I have this problem where EVERY single eyeliner (be it pencil, liquid, or gel) produces black eye "boogers" in the corners of my eyes. (nasty, i know, but thats the way it is!) so every thing ive ever used EXCEPT this product has done that to me. (Gel liners come in a close second to not producing the black gunky-ness, but even still with those, i get a little bit of it).
Its an extremely dark black (the darkest one I've found yet) and NEVER fades or moves. (i do admit i ALWAYS use my TooFaced shadow insurance, and maybe that has something to do with the staying power, but seriously, if your wearing ANY form of eye makeup, why are you NOT using a primer??) (you NEEEED it, just sayin)
Applicatior is good... you can hold it close to the tip and get alot of control and at the MOST I dip it back in the jar (pot? tube? what would you call that thing?) a second time. and thats usually only when I'm doing an extreme wing that i have to "fill in" alot.
Every time I need to buy a new one (which I'd say is about every 5 or 6 months with everyday, somewhat heavy use), I'm tempted to stray and find somthing better, but i just dont think thats gonna happen. I'm a sucker for packaging and this one is pretty boring.. but I'll put up with it for the results.

on 1/29/2010 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

the is the best liquid liner ive tried so far. I got it in black brown, which pretty much looks black. Its really easy to apply and the best part it is dosent smudge and stays on the whole day. Has lasted me a long time too

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am a liquid liner addict. I hate pencil eyeliner. It smudges too much and I prefer a crisp, straight line. This is an awesome liquid eyeliner. I have it in Black Brown and use it pretty much every day. I often do my makeup at 7:30 am before class and I don't get out of work until 9:30 pm. This lasts the whole time, with no smudging or fading and it isn't difficult to remove before bed. I will repurchase and I plan to get more colors of this.

on 1/29/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Dont like this very much. At first i thought it was okay. But after a few hours i did notice fading. The brush has to be dipped in the pot alot just for one eye. and it tends to wipe the color off if you dont dip it enough. I think its a little liquidy and the color only looks intense for the first hour. The line always ends up thicker than i want because its hard to get a thin even looking line with this. The brush starts shedding little fuzzys on the tip. Overall, never buying again for the price. I prefer gel liners anyways. Oh and not much product comes in this to begin with.

on 1/21/2010 4:19:00 PM

I really like this because the colour is a very deep black - not watered down at all. It is also easier than others to correct mistakes while it is either drying or dry. The applicator is good for drawing precise lines, although they usually come out thicker as opposed to thin ones. The price is about $10, which is nothing to complain about, even though I wouldn't call it a bargain product. It also stays on FOREVER! I can have it on all day, and at night when I remove my makeup, it'll still be there, with no flaking or smudges or fading, still a very deep dark black. i am really impressed with this liquid liner, and it's currently my favourite in the liquid variety.

on 1/21/2010 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't like this liner at all. The applicator is not good - difficult to control and difficult to apply, and it deteriorates with time. I'm not very impressed with the color either. It also wears off easily, and is not long lasting at all.

All in all, I would never buy it again. There are many other products in the same price range that are way better.

on 1/20/2010 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I tried Revlons colourstay after using Rimmel exaggerate eyeliner and there was a tremendous difference:

Why RIMMEL EXAGGERATE is better:
It IS smudgeproof even in humid or wet conditions
Has good staying power
Easy to use

Why REVLON COLOURSTAY is better:
The colour stays (lol!)...by that I mean, that unlike the exaggerate, it remains pitch black on application and throughout the day so for colour maintenance, its fine to apply just the once

however, my biggest concern is my oily eyelids. With rimmel exaggerate, ive never noticed any smudging, but when i use revlon, even after priming my eyelids with UDPP or TFSI, even when I use eyeshadow and everything, the eyeliner transfers to my crease and it looks horrible! Its worse when I dont wear eyeshadow, towards the end of the day i find that Revlon colourstay is all over my eyelid and it looks so bad! When i go out in the evenings, after 2 hours or even less sometimes, the eyeliner is a mess...would not be repurchasing again.

on 1/20/2010 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this is an ok product. it does stay and not fade when i go out for the night. the black color is black enough when applied properly. but i just dont like the applicator. the tip of mine has already threaded off a bit even though ive used it about three times. and like others said, its hard to control, my lines never end up perfect and i have a steady hand.

also have to continuously dip the applicator in the pot, i cant even swipe it across my whole eye, i have to dip it around three times to make it the intensity and shape i want. the price for it isnt cheap either, i think i paid about 10 bucks. i'll use it up since it isnt a terrible product, but i wouldnt buy it again.

on 1/19/2010 3:41:00 PM

there is many things I feel about this product. When I first got this eyeliner it was so hard to use. The wand is just not stury enough to make a perfect line. Over time I have mastered using this product because I didn't want to waste my money. The lasting abilities are not good either. It's just an okay product, save your money.