October 21, 2014 | 1200 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love these!

I had read that they were sheer but they really aren't too sheer at all to me. I like that they are smooth and shiny without being sticky. They seem to give me a medium amount of color, not as heavy as a lipstick, but not as sheer as a tinted balm. They last a few hours on me but I usually have to re-apply most lip products so this doesn't really bother me.

I've bought a total of 4 of these now, and most recently got another today. For me, these are a great lip product!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by bittersweet_delite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree 100% with the review Aishteru85 gave below.

WAY over hyped product. I purchased 3 colours:

Peach Parfait: swatches online of this colour look so pretty but it has a ton of huge chunks of gold glitter that looks tacky when light hits it and also feels gritty. Also, when the colour fades, the gold glitters stays....its just a bad look.

Creme Brulee: Could be okay on the right person...on me its nothing special, and washes me out.

Sweet Tart: my favourite of the 3, BRIGHT pink with no shimmer

These are not very moisturizing at all. They won't dry out your lips, but if your lips are dry to begin with, they are not going to add any moisture back. With a name like "lip butter" and from all the raving about these, you'd think they could replace your lip balm.

On top of this, I KNOW that these dont claim to be long-wearing, but I find that the brighter colours slip and migrate very quickly (within 15-20 mins) towards the outer-edges of my lips....and I HATE that look...its a good indication that someone is wearing a cheap lipstick.

I'm all for a bargain lip product (love Revlon super lustrous glosses and lipsticks) but these are just not very good at all. I'm glad I got them on sale for $3.99

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have got to stop trusting YT Gurus! Half of my make up purchases have been influenced by their constant raves. Emilynoel83 on YT raved so much abt these lip butters. I was so excited to try these when it hit my shores. It was available locally about 2-3 months after it was released in the U.S. When I first saw these in my local pharmacy/watson. I was so excited as I had heard so many good reviews on them. I immediately grabbed them! And for starters bought two shades, peach parfait and Macaroon. And then fullstop never went and buy another shade again. WHY?

Cuz this is really over-hyped! For starters, I dont really think its extremely moisturizing as many have claimed. Seriously i feel that NYX's lipsticks are way more hydrating and moisturizing.This actually felt oily on my lips. Not creamy-comfortable but actually greasy-oily.
And the color? Pigmentation is high on the macaroon shade(the darker one) but the peach parfait has very little pigmentation and to me seem to sheer.
And the GLITTERATI BOMB! yes, i can feel the flecks of glitter sitting on my lip as i rub my lips together, and to be honest it actually hurts a little. You know you can feel the grainy bits of the glitter like tiny sands on your lips? Not really a great feeling. And not only that,when it faded it left a glitter mess on your lips that made people wonder whether you intentionally wore actual glitter on your lips.
Longevity of the product-4 hours max-without eating or drinking.
Price-Overpriced for such a subpar poduct. Packaging is actually cute, the only thing positive about it so far.
Will I buy again? No.
But then, this is my honest opinion. To each their own....

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by stiles123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love these. When i heard that it was sheer, i was not so sure that i should buy it. However, the color is so pigmented for a sheer lipstick. It is very shiny and it lasts for good amount of time. The price is great especially when you find it for buy one get one 50% off. The packaging is great. I heard that some people said that it caused the lipstick to smudge around the tube, but that does not happen to me. Maybe it is because i am very careful and organized. It does not dry out my lips and it adds lots of moisture. Go out and buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Anna1977

I absolutly LOVE these lip butters! I own two brown sugar and cream brulee. They make my lips feel very moisturized and the application is very smooth. I am used to very high end products my favorites being Chanel and Clarins. These are so good that I have recently ignored most of my lipsticks and just been using these. Would highly recommend these.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I am in love with Revlon lip butters. I have the colours Pink Truffle, Lollipop, Sugar Plum, and Brown Sugar and I must say I am thoroughly impressed. The lip butters go on so, so smoothly and you don't have a problem with uneven coverage or colour on your lips. Also, you shouldn't have a problem with dryness (even though the majority of these are matte, although some are shimmery) because these lip butters are so unbelievable moisturising. So much so that my lips immediately felt soothed and hydrated after the first time I ever apply them. One complaint that I do have is that these lip butters do occasionally slide, also it comes with very little product. But all in all, I love it and will buy more when I run out.

p.s. My favourite colour is Lollipop, a bright fuschia with blue sparkles. It looks beautiful on cool toned girls.

p.p.s. I love you girlies!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by bsampson09

I LOVE these lip butters! The perfect sheer lipstick / lip balm hybrid! The color selection is great and there's no doubt a color (or 6) for everyone. The pigmentation of these vary but for the most part are very good. They glide on my lips really well like a lip balm to keep my lips moisturized and the depending on the color, the pigmentation shows up really well with just a few layers. Sometimes they can feel a bit thick on my lips, but because of that they seem to last for hours before I need to reapply.
The lighter shades can sometimes show imperfections of the lips, especially if you're lips are dry- I don't suggest using those shades to moisturize because they just wont look good in the meantime.
I wish they were a bit cheaper, but I just wait until the Revlon cosmetics go on a BOGO sale and I try to scrape up any colors that might be left for the taking! I definitely recommend these, especially if you've been researching color swatches to pick your best matches.

My favorite colors are creme brulee (a sheer nude color), strawberry shortcake (a bright baby pink) and the amazingly pigmented Lollipop! (A hot pink/fuschia color)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This is definitely one of my fall-back lip products. It has a very lip-balm-y feel and is super easy to apply. I first bought Peach Parfait because I thought it looked so pretty on Emma Stone in the advert. I then had to go back and buy Pink Frosting, which is beautiful, subtle and great for layering over a pinky-nude (I use it with Pink Sugar also by Revlon), Berry Smoothie is a great berry pink and Red Velvet is a great burgundy red that you can build up to get the exact right colour. These are pretty easy to apply without a mirror. The only complaint I have is it can be a bit flaky when it is applied over certain other products, but that may be just me. The packaging is adorable, I love the quilting on the sides

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by ORANGExcRush

I bought this for $3.99 at Shoppers in Toronto because they had a sale. I tested the colours on my hand and I found it too sticky but when the sales rep told me it melts nicely on your lips I decided to buy it. Testing the swatches on the back of your hand doesn't give this lip butter justice. I tried it on my lips and it wasn't sticky. It was just right. The colour is really nice (sugar frosting - it's the only close to my lips w/o making it overly dramatic). I'm glad I bought it and tried it out because I wouldn't have known it was this good. However, I do fall back on using my Blistex to moisturize my lips (I feel that it's just better and I'm so use to using it). This is great for a quick moisturizing with a little tint of sheer/colour.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I've been wanting to try these for quite some time, after the fail of maybelline baby lips, I knew I wanted something better in quality. So I happen to be at my walgreens and I bought 2, bogo, in peach parfait and tutti fruiti. Let me say I'm a fiend and I want to go back and get some more colors! But I can't :( bogo ended 3/17. I was suprised with peach parfait- supposedly thats the one emma stone is wearing in the pic-it totally isn't and she's wearing somthing that looks like tutti fruiti. But peach parfait is a nice color, and it is moisturizing, I like to layer all of my lip products, so after 3 layers, I had really good shine and it lasted for a long while. Tutti fruiti is really bright, a nice bright color, it could be over the top depending on where you wear it, (I wore mine at work) but it's okay. I really really really want to try the other ones!! I want cupcake, strawberry shortcake, sweettart, creamsicle and one other one..oh well. I think rite aid might still have this on sale. I'm going to find out!