April 19, 2014 | 1335 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by str8thuggin

Oh HELL yes!!! I almost didn't buy this because I already have SO many lipsticks and glosses, but a friend convinced me that I needed to try it, and now I want to throw out ALL my other lip stuff, because none of it holds a candle to this. I love that it is so buildable and long lasting. It's doesn't show lines in my lips like lipstick does, but is not gooey like a gloss. I bought many colors during a sale at CVS and am loving them ALL. Definite HG for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by itsjenna007

I love these lip butters. These are perfect for someone that doesn't like to wear lipstick and lip gloss all the time. They have amazing pigmentation and for me they are very hydrating. My favorite color is berry smoothie. The price is really good. At most places I see it around 6.50, more or less. My local grocery store always has in-store coupons on Revlon so I get them for $4.00.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by RiceBunnyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really really love this product from Revlon. The lip butters are moisturizing, and yet theyre not like a tinted lip balm. it combines a tinted lip balm and a lip stick together.. sorta like a 2 in 1 thing. I currently own 8 lip butters - red velvet, candy apple, lollipop, peach parfait, berry smoothie, creme burlee, pink truffle, and sugar plum. Right now my favorite colours are red velvet, pink truffle, and berry smoothie. Red velvet is the signature marilyn monroe type of red. its glamorous but not too over powering. I like to wear red velvet with a simple outfit - like a blue blouse/button up and a pair of dark blue jeans or i wear it with an elegant long or short dress to make a glamorous look. Pink truffle is exactly like how it sounds like... a pink combined with a truffle colour.. its perfect for everyday. Berry smoothie is a light berry colour and it goes well with every outfit. Its like a raspberry-strawberry colour.
Overall, this is an amazing product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Samanthakw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like these lip butters! I have Tutti Frutti, Creamsicle, Peach Parfait, Cupcake, Gumdrop, and Creme Brulee.

I find them all to be very wearable and the color to be very buildable.

I wouldn't say they're very hydrating because I feel like when I go to reapply them during the day, my lips are drier than before I put it on. But it's not a deal breaking, I just put on lip balm beforehand.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by lanternlightsmayhem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have four of these in: Red Velvet, Candy Apple, Gumdrop, and Pink Truffle. They are very moisturizing and leave my lips feeling soft and supple. The pigmentation on these are fairly impressive considering they are said to be a tinted lip conditioner. To me, they are just very soft creamy lipsticks. I love how there is a huge color range, so whether you're a baby pink/nude lips kind of person or lean more toward the reds and berries, there will be a shade for you. They have no taste but have the slightest vanilla/coconut scent which you won't even notice unless you really smell it thoroughly! Overall, they are a great product and the only con I've had with these are the packaging. Since these lip butters are so soft, they squish and smear all over the tube since they are pretty tightly packed in the tube so some product is lost and it can get all over the cap. However the actual product itself is amazing and I recommend everyone to try them!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by wildredhead

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the lip butters but I don't love them. Everyone has been saying that the lip butters are super moisturizing but I would like to disagree. When I first applied it was super creamy and looked very glossy but when I needed to reapply through out the day I felt like my lips were getting dried out. I just put a little bit of lip balm on before I apply my lip butter. I want to get more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by lovesmakeup525

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am rating this as a balm more than a lipstick. Otherwise I would give it a 4 because as much as I love it lipsticks are only 5/HG worthy status if they stay on all day.

I love it though. The colors are so pretty. It moisturizes a lot and gives a fresh colored look, not as heavy as traditional lipstick but quite pigmented. For a balm it stays on long, but for a lipstick it doesn't, my regular lipstick is the Colorstay Lipcolor that can last hours and hours.

Besides for the lasting power, these are the best thing ever. It does last a while but if you eat you will have to reapply, with Colorstay that doesn't happen.

The colors are beautiful, shiny, and pigmented yet thin. It is a great marketing product, the balmy sheerness makes it more everyday and light even in brighter colors. But the colors are quite visible. This will probably be replacing my red Chapstick.

So pretty!! I got mine for 5 each, I do think the traditional price is too high at about 8 dollars apiece.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought a couple of these when they were first released. I really do like these! I have very full lips and sometimes lipstick can accentuate all the lines in my lips. However, these do not and they have good color payoff. Sometimes I layer them over other lipsticks or a lipstain and they look good that way as well. I only buy them when one of my area drugstores has them 40% off. I will definitely be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Ravey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I a few colors when these were released because of the hype, and after trying them quickly went back and bought several more. These are honestly fantastic and entirely live up to the hype. They've pretty much replaced all other lipsticks for me. The formula differs from shade to shade, but in general they are very moisturizing give your lips a very lush sheen without being too wet looking or heavy. My favorite is Candy Apple which is a warm red that applies fairly opaque but can be sheered out. I also love Berry Smoothie which is similar to my own lip color but nicer as well as Pink Truffle, which is a more neutral brown-toned pink. The packing is a bit bulky and cheap looking in my opinion, but I can't really complain otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ltnguyener

I purchased two a few days ago, and when I wanted to return them the first time. It first seemed to dry my lips out, and it just looked so dry and flaky. I then tried applying eos lip balm before applying the lip butter, and I was obsessed! It looked perfect. I love not having a weird scent or tasting gross. I am also very glad they have a sticker seal. I now see what's the big rave!(: