December 22, 2014 | 1796 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by glamourt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Got myself the first lip butter after the long waiting after seeing beauty raves about this! I'm never a constant/devoted lover for lipstick/lipgloss, because none made me really stayed on applying everyday and i would say this is the first!

The color i'm using is Peach Parfait, which is gorgeous hint of peachy color that suits me perfectly. I'm actually applying everyday without feeling sick or looking weird w it! One thing i would dislike about this is the shimmers, i find it too much; i'd rather it to be more pigmented than more shimmers. And a good tip is blotting the first application and re-apply, the color look much better than initial try.

My mum was so skeptical about this because i loved it so much, she tried it at Guardian (just get alot of tissues to wipe them before you see/try the testers okay!) and she loves the look after the blotting of Cherry Tart! She's a medium skintone, so she loves brown-reddish lipstick, and she was sold! Cherry Tart has lesser shimmers as compared to Peach Parfait actually. I use cherry tart lightly for slight color visibility because i'm kinda new to reds!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by ballet7xx

I was so excited to try Cotton Candy after purchasing it because beauty gurus rave about this product and it is posted on everyone's blog. Cotton Candy is not as pigmented as expected and it must be applied in several layers to appear at all. The color itself is mediocre--definitely not my favorite but not awful. The texture is indeed creamy so this product glides nicely over your lips. I didn't want to completely give up on the product so I gave it another shot when I purchased Berry Smoothie. Berry Smoothie is more pigmented but still needs to be applied in more than one layer. I guess they ARE lip butters, so they are VERY, VERY sheer. The color of Berry Smoothie is not attractive on me. as far as moisture goes, I would say it's OK but my lips seem to feel dry as it comes off or is taken off by me. the product is mediocre; it does not live up to my expectations.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am not a fan of these at all. The colors look like cheap play makeup. The packaging looks cheap & I felt like I was going to break it every time I applied some or twisted one up. Some of them have way too much glitter in them & as a previous reviewer had stated, I also broke out around my mouth after using them.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Flippinsushi

I got this in Berry Smoothie and Pink Truffle. I decided to try this after I'd already bought the L'Oreal Balm. I liked both shades, berry is more pink but both are pretty natural, which is exactly what I was looking for. They are certainly NOT as moisturizing as the L'Oreal variety, and the color isn't exactly buildable- at first it looks good but if I'm not careful it seems to really look like the color is floating on top of my lips- not a sexy look at all! Overall, I'm happy with them, but the L'Oreal one is definitely better, (I even sometimes put that one on top of these...)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by lamp4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have berry smoothie and pink truffle. i absolutely love the texture, coloring, and even the cute pinkish square tubes. pink truffle shows up like a light-mid pinky brown on my lips. berry smoothie is mid tone pink on my lips. both look totally natural and fresh on my lips. they are both sheer lipsticks so it has a glossy finish to them. i definitely will be grabbing more when they go on sale cuz no sense in paying regular price when these seem to go on sale quite often in different stores. however, i would caution to putting it in your purse on a hot summer day cuz the texture is so soft that i'm sure that it will just melt.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

How many times do we get it into our heads that we want a certain product and are convinced it will be perfect, and it looks good but in the end you can't keep it because of something else-for me and this product it's how dry, chapped, and swollen my lips are after wearing them. I want to love them. I want to go buy all the colors because they are soft, easy, sheer colors to wear, and initially look great. But after just one night my lips looked swollen (like if I was using a plumper) and are raw in the center. I just can't keep a product like that no matter how much I try to convince myself that they work. It seems not everyone has this problem, just be aware that if it happens to you, it's not your imagination so return it! Maybe I'll try the L'Oreal version now. I really wanted these to work!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by ceradova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm going to rate these lip butters based on their formulation. I give it a 4/5 because I'm giving this score to the entire line overall, but for some colors I'd definitely give them a 5.

Overall, I own 6 of the colors in the line and they are generally well pigmented and very moisturizing, which I find is a plus. Given that I have super dry lips, and that these lip butters are enough to moisturize it well, I would give these a 6 for its moisturizing properties. In addition to its fabulous pigmentation, which ranges from a sheer wash to a full coverage, these to me are not really lip butters, but more like very moisturizing lipsticks. I really love the formulation of these lip butters.
I am NC25-30 in MAC, and my skin undertone really affects the lip butter shades that work for me. From my most favorite to least favorite colors, I have Berry Smoothie, Peach Parfait, Cherry Tart, Candy Apple, Raspberry Pie, and Red Velvet. I'll go over these individually.
Berry Smoothie - A neutral mid tone pink. This is my MLBB color, and I think a great color that works for all skin tones. I reach for this color everyday because it's an everyday nude for me. It has a creamy consistency and a moisturizing, matte clean finish. It has medium coverage.
Peach Parfait - A very shimmery light peach color. While I didn't like this color at first because it was so shimmery, I find that it works well in the spring, and gives a glossy affect from farther away. The pigment in here is light coverage, and is mostly shimmery and works for my warm undertones.
Cherry Tart - A sheer, neutral to warm red color that will add a light reddish tint or wash on your lips. I wear this for a "just bitten" lips look. Light glossy finish.
Candy Apple - A bright, red-orange color that is buildable. It's not a very subtle color, but it's definitely a fun one for going out, and a fun spring/summer color. Light glossy finish.
Raspberry Pie - A bright, medium purpley pink with a matte glossy finish. It adds a pop of color to my lips. It's a little cool toned, and may work better for lighter or cooler skintones.
Red Velvet - A deep, brownish red with a matte glossy finish. It's definitely a very classy color, but too dark to wear on an everyday basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love these!

I had read that they were sheer but they really aren't too sheer at all to me. I like that they are smooth and shiny without being sticky. They seem to give me a medium amount of color, not as heavy as a lipstick, but not as sheer as a tinted balm. They last a few hours on me but I usually have to re-apply most lip products so this doesn't really bother me.

I've bought a total of 4 of these now, and most recently got another today. For me, these are a great lip product!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by bittersweet_delite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree 100% with the review Aishteru85 gave below.

WAY over hyped product. I purchased 3 colours:

Peach Parfait: swatches online of this colour look so pretty but it has a ton of huge chunks of gold glitter that looks tacky when light hits it and also feels gritty. Also, when the colour fades, the gold glitters stays....its just a bad look.

Creme Brulee: Could be okay on the right person...on me its nothing special, and washes me out.

Sweet Tart: my favourite of the 3, BRIGHT pink with no shimmer

These are not very moisturizing at all. They won't dry out your lips, but if your lips are dry to begin with, they are not going to add any moisture back. With a name like "lip butter" and from all the raving about these, you'd think they could replace your lip balm.

On top of this, I KNOW that these dont claim to be long-wearing, but I find that the brighter colours slip and migrate very quickly (within 15-20 mins) towards the outer-edges of my lips....and I HATE that look...its a good indication that someone is wearing a cheap lipstick.

I'm all for a bargain lip product (love Revlon super lustrous glosses and lipsticks) but these are just not very good at all. I'm glad I got them on sale for $3.99

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have got to stop trusting YT Gurus! Half of my make up purchases have been influenced by their constant raves. Emilynoel83 on YT raved so much abt these lip butters. I was so excited to try these when it hit my shores. It was available locally about 2-3 months after it was released in the U.S. When I first saw these in my local pharmacy/watson. I was so excited as I had heard so many good reviews on them. I immediately grabbed them! And for starters bought two shades, peach parfait and Macaroon. And then fullstop never went and buy another shade again. WHY?

Cuz this is really over-hyped! For starters, I dont really think its extremely moisturizing as many have claimed. Seriously i feel that NYX's lipsticks are way more hydrating and moisturizing.This actually felt oily on my lips. Not creamy-comfortable but actually greasy-oily.
And the color? Pigmentation is high on the macaroon shade(the darker one) but the peach parfait has very little pigmentation and to me seem to sheer.
And the GLITTERATI BOMB! yes, i can feel the flecks of glitter sitting on my lip as i rub my lips together, and to be honest it actually hurts a little. You know you can feel the grainy bits of the glitter like tiny sands on your lips? Not really a great feeling. And not only that,when it faded it left a glitter mess on your lips that made people wonder whether you intentionally wore actual glitter on your lips.
Longevity of the product-4 hours max-without eating or drinking.
Price-Overpriced for such a subpar poduct. Packaging is actually cute, the only thing positive about it so far.
Will I buy again? No.
But then, this is my honest opinion. To each their own....

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No