October 25, 2014 | 1016 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by rhiannonv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a good lip balm. Keeps my lips moisturized and prevents them from becoming chapped, especially in the middle of winter. When I stopped using this, a week later my lips were chapped and cracked. Highly recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by wabuaita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Basically if you're a middle school girl whose only criteria in a lip balm is that it looks cute and everybody else is using it, then this is perfect for you. If you want a lip balm that actually does what it's supposed to, don't waste your money on this.

I have the peach one and the cherry one. They smell alright. Taste like nothing. The peach one is nude so you can't tell I'm wearing anything. The cherry one is too bright of a red for my liking. Biggest con: It wears off in about 5 minutes so you have to constantly reapply. Not worth it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 11:04:00 PM More reviews by dwducky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like these baby lips lip balms. Just like many others, I was immediately drawn towards the cute packaging. upon finding them, I was extremely optimistic and purchased 3 of them (pink wink, quenched, and pink punch) They were all disappointing. Pink Wink, out of the three is my favorite, it leaves a light pink color on my lips and smells sort of like bubble gum. Pink Punch smells wonderful, exactly like its name, but colors your lips a bright pepto bismpol pink that is horribly unattractive. this one went immediately into the garbage. Quenched was the one I had highest hopes for seeing as how its colorless and I am not generally a fan of colored lip balms. At first it smells lovely, like lemons and sugar, but after applying it the most apparent thing about this balm is that it tastes overwhelmingly of sunscreen (it has an SPF of 20.) Because they were so expensive I feel the need suffer through it and use up quenched and not just throw it away. The worst part about these balms is that despite what the advertisements say, they are not moisturizing in any way. In fact, my lips have not been this dry in years. Very disappointing for something I had such high hopes for, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Eboniejoie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love baby lips! I have these in about 6 different colors. They moisturize my lips but they wear off fast. What I love most about them is that they seem to have some type of exfoliant in them that gets the rough, dry skin off my lips and I am left with new, baby soft lips! I got mine from Walgreens and they were buy 1 get 1 for 50%. They were 3.99 so that wasn't too bad. I'm not a fan of red lipstick on me so I picked the neutral shades and they leave my lips with a slight tint and that's perfect because I wear lipstick and/or gloss over them. Will buy them over and over again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by emiklio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally caved and bought a baby lips today, in Pink Punch. It tastes really good, but is not overpowering like some of the Maybelline lip products (think the Super Stay 14hr lipsticks).
However, this thing doesn't do anything to moisturize my lips. If I want my lips to look nice, I have to apply my rosebud salve (HG lip balm product) and THEN the baby lips over it. And although it is a sheer color, the fact that the product shape is so blunt means that I have to look in a mirror when applying it, which is kind of not what I wanted in a sheer pink lip balm.

I do really like the color, it's a nice bright soft pink that really brightens up my whole face, and I've been needing that lately in this gray gloomy Seattle weather. Also, it smells and tastes amazing. So yeah, I would repurchase it, but I would probably kick myself for it too. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by bbgold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have baby lips in Pink Blast... I was at priceline with a friend and she recommended i try this product, at first I was hesitant due to the packaging as it look like something i used when i was 10 years old. I'm glad I looked past the packaging and decided to purchase this item as I was pleasantly surprised at the colour that the balm left on my lips.
Its a good every day colour, I often find when I am out and about at work functions and there are cameras around I tend to look drained in photos and this is partially due to my lips not having any colour on them. This product is perfect as the colour is natural but pigmented enough to make an impact. The colour lasts throughout eating and drinking which surprised me given the texture of the balm and the price of the product! Its a fun balm good for everyday use. I do find that my lips tend to feel a little bit dryer then usual once the products wears off however it is only subtle not enough to make me stop using it.

Recommend this for a fun purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by SwingDancer87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got the Baby Lips in Cherry Me. I love the scent and taste of the lip balm tastes like cherries. It is not super moisturizing. The advertisement claims to give 8 hr moisture but that's definitely not true. The moisture might last an hour, but the color lasts quite a while and can be built up with multiple applications.I actually like putting on regular lip balm and then gliding Cherry Me over that. I know it sounds redundant but I think the reddish color looks nicer mixed with regular lip balm. I find that the Baby Lips tinted lip balms will feather the color around your mouth, but the waxiness of a chapstick or blistex will prevent the color from sliding. I guess you could say that I could return it for a regular cherry chapstick... I like it with the method I'm using, but I won't repurchase it. I got mine for $4 at CVS. Oh, and I haven't had any problem with the cover sliding off and I've kept my Baby Lips in my purse.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by babylipss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this product in 05 Quenched and I will say I love it! The price is upsetting. I know you can buy it on sale at Walgreens or something but I got it for $6 and call me a cheapshake but I found that expensive. It lasts a very very long time. I glides on your lips and has an incredible smell. At the beginning, it made my lips quite chapped, but it advertises, "will give you a NEW pair of lips" so it was probably literally MAKING a new pair of lips on me. Its very nice. I would definitely tell you to go for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by msdalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Despite the creepy name*, this is a pre-e-etty decent product. When I first tried it, I was disappointed. Minimal colour payoff and greasy texture. However, I've come to realize it's shade is easily buildable, wears evenly, doesn't get chunky, and MAKES A BEAUTIFUL CREAM BLUSH! For serious, bro. It provides a lovely dewy, sheer, natural flush to the cheeks that glides on oh-so easy. Try it!

*I've probably just been watching too many bad crime shows, I dunno.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by scrowley2328

Ok I am going to do a pros and cons list for this product to make things easier and to help people understand what is good and whats not. Sometimes people are looking for products to do different things. I have 3 baby lips: 1 coral, 1 baby pink, 1 bright pink

pros:
goes on smooth
variety of colors
doesn't give too much color (if you are looking for that!)
feels nice on the lips
CUTE packaging

cons:
greasy!
doesn't give too much color (if you're looking for that, once again)
doesn't last very long, have to reapply a lot
colors sometimes look different on lips (in a weird way) then in the packaging

That being said, this is a so/so product. I will continue to buy the baby pink one because I see it more as a chapstick. I am not fond of my coral and bright pink ones.

=) hope this helps