October 20, 2014 | 1988 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in November and wanted to wait a good long while before I did a review.

I'm kind of in awe... my skin is actually getting clearer. It's not perfect, but honest to god, it's smoother and I have less breakouts. I'm really shocked, somehow I thought it just wouldn't work for me as well as it did for everyone else. This is the most expensive beauty product I own, but I'm so glad I bought it. I use this everyday, which some people say is too much, but I don't have sensitive or dry skin, so it isn't a problem. I never really experienced a big skin purge or breakout like some people did- just a gradual decrease in the red bumps and acne breakouts I was getting.

I use this by cleansing my skin with a makeup removing cleanser, then using this with a gentle acne wash. Working fantastically for me so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've given this 5 stars because it has worked better than any other skin treatment I've used to treat my skin other than Accutane. Don't expect a miraculous transformation but it makes a bigger difference than most other skin products I've tried (almost everything under the sun in the past 24 years, including drugstore, department store, dermatologist, DIY natural...). I've been using it once a day, in the evening, for six weeks.

My skin type is combination, with both oily and dry patches and problems with a few bumps, breakouts, and acne scars. I'm also starting to show signs of age, mostly with hyperpigmentation but also with some wrinkling on my forehead and below my eyes.

What MIA helped with:
- Overall skin texture is much smoother. MIA finely and thoroughly exfoliates. Makeup goes on smoother.
- Skin is noticeably brighter and shinier.
- Less products are needed to moisturise and cleanse. A little dab of any moisturiser sinks in nicely. Cheapo cleansers work as well as any. I'm using a drugstore milk type cleanser with MIA.
- Has gotten rid of some of the small bumps and clogs trapped under the skin.
- It gets my face very clean.
- Elegant design and well built. Lasts for about three weeks before a recharge is needed.

Cons:
- Has not reduced large breakouts and resulting discolouration.
- Hyperpigmentation and wrinkles are the same.
- Blackheads and pore size haven't changed much.
- Initial cost is quite large and new brushes need to be purchase every few months.
- No international plug is available as far as I can tell?? I searched far and wide for a MIA with a European 2-pin plug but it only seems to be available with a US plug. Works with international plug adaptors but that's an extra thing that clutters up an otherwise minimalist design. Minor complaint in the end since it doesn't need recharging very often.

Overall, I'm happy with the MIA but it is not a miracle product!! I've have tried SOOO many skin care treatments over the years and most make no discernable difference. MIA gets 5 stars from me for having a visible impact on the overall texture and look on my skin, which would benefit people of all ages and skin types!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by laulau

I will keep this short.

This product has completely changed my skin!
I love it.
I didn't have particularly bad skin before, I got the odd spot/blemish. My main problem was uneven skintone and my skin kind of felt 'bumpy' and never completely smooth.

I bought this after umm-ing and ahh-ing, reading all the reviews on here and debating if it really was worth the price tag. Well it definitely is.
I'd say if you can afford it - buy it.

The first few days of using this I got a few spots and blemishes but it does warn you that this will happen while your skin gets used to it.
After that though - never had a problem.
I obviously still get the odd hormonal bump under my skin but I guess nothing can prevent that.

My skin is clearer, brighter and more even.
I don't get any little blemishes or odd spots like before.
My skin really does feel CLEAN after I have used this and moisturiser sinks in so much better.

I use my clarisonic with a cream cleanser (like liz earle cleanse and polish but I use a cheaper one) as I find this keeps my skin hydrated and doesn't slip off my face while I'm using the clarisonic.

I have recommended this to so many people and I will keep doing so.
I use it before I go to bed, knowing I will wake up with clear bright skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm still on the fence about the Clarisonic. Working at a higher-end cosmetic chain, we were always trained about the amazing ability of the Clarisonic to cleanse more deeply and allow other skincare items to penetrate deeper and work more effectively (it does NOT exfoliate). I'm not really sure these claims are true. I have used my Clarisonic pretty religiously since I bought it over 2 years ago and I can't say my skin is really that much different. The fine lines that are starting to form around my eyes are exactly the same. I love that one in comparison to the others. I'm in LIKE with my Clarisonic, not love. It may just be psychosomatic in my mind thinking that it is making a big difference. That being said, I still continue to use it and do not regret purchasing it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by msitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG, I dont know what I did before I had this...
oh wait, if you look at my other reviews, I had pimples! Painful cystic breakouts on my chin.
Not anymore. seriously. I use the mia with purpose cleanser every night and spot on zit cream (bp) around nose & on chin. then moisturize with cerave pm. This has been my routine for a few months and I haven't been happier. At first you will have a few breakouts as your skin purges, but keep with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by swats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked the product, initially after use I had a dry skin but then I used it with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and it works wonders.
I use it nightly in my makeup removal regime and it works wonderfully.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ellenpbrown

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had some break outs around my hairline when I first began using the Mia but after 5 weeks I guess I'm finished "purging" and my skin is wonderful. My face is so soft, and while in the beginning it seemed to dry my face out a little I found using this only once a day instead of twice fix that. My pores do seem to be clearer/smaller and makeup seems to go on better. I was a little conceded that the Clarisonic was just a bunch of hype but I'm glad I got over it and gave it a try, it's great. My husband has seen such a difference in my skin he's decided he wants one for himself.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by teago

Ive only had this for a few days, using it nightly, and I really like it and can see a difference already.
Im a frequent user of high percentage glycolic so my skin is already pretty 'tough' but is easily sensitized if the balance is slightly off. I thought Clarisonic might upset this balance but it has not. Everything else in my skincare is natural and organic so Im hoping the Mia will replace my need to use glycolics. After using it my skin looks brighter and more plump due to the Mia boosting circulation.

It has ever so slightly dried out my skin but Im sure it will rebalance itself soon. The drying has not effected my makeup application or made me feel tight at all so Im not worried.

If you have Dry and Sensitized skin I would not recommend this. Only maybe for a weekly or fortnightly treatment, not once or twice a day like normal - oily skinned people may be able to use.
I know that everyone probably wishes it was for all skin types but its really not.

In Australia this retails for $150AUD. I thought it was going to be at least $50-100 more, especially considering that a cleanser and moisturiser can cost a similar amount here in Aus! Considering what it is I believe the price to be very reasonable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

HG. Worth the hype. Great skin begins with clean skin, and this does it. I feel my skincare products work better because they are not sitting on top of a layer of dead skin cells. Had this since September, and it has improved the overall appearance of my skin. I use Philosophy purity or Cetaphil cleanser with my Mia after I wipe the day away with my Ponds or Olay cleansing wipes. It's worth the splurge. For those of you that get dried out, make sure you are using a good moisterizer after cleansing with your Mia, it will make a HUGE difference :) LOVE IT!!!! My only regret is that maybe I should have really splurged on the full size Clairsonic.... I am a self tanner addict and can only imagine how amazingly the full size clairsonic exfoliates :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Nominal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Be careful purchasing this product. Before using the MIa my skin was dry and I had the ocassional pimple. I was hoping the Mia would revitalise my skin and allow it to glow. No such luck. The Mia completely dried out my skin and I broke out into a rash after using it 5 times. My skin feels irritated, itchy, and bumpy and hard like I have a layer of dry scar tissue on my face. I have all of these tiny little bumps on my skin that I never had before. Long story short, the Mia damaged my skin and it feels tender and flaky. I have tried to moisturize but it still feels scaly and dry. I am going to return this product.