November 21, 2014 | 1066 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

I got it for Christmas and have been using it daily. It's great! I didn't have any initial breakout a lot of people experienced. Probably because I normally exfoliate my skin on a regular basis and use BP to prevent breakouts. I use it once a day in PM and I am honestly quite amazed at how much make-up is still left on my skin after my very first make-up removal step (I use micellar water to remove make-up before I wash my face). It doesn't help much with my occasionally flakey skin (BP and the cold windy weather have been the cause lately despite all the moiturizers etc I have tried) but my skin feels amazingly smooth. I can't tell if it prevents blemishes because my BP does that already but my skin looks quite a bit more clear and I use much less make-up now. I don't think you really need the pro-clarisonic version. Mia has it all! I love it and would absolutely purchase it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by latina72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Attention: people with cystic acne!!!

UPDATE: July 2012: after almost a year of using my MIA i have to confess that is the best tool i have found to fight my cystic pimples. Just this month, i got 4 FOUR!! cystic pimples in my chin, and after using my technique with MIA applying mia on the pimples as soon as you can feel them forming under your skin, my FOUR pimples dissolved inside before coming out to the surface. Is not like they are not there anymore, but they never made it to be noticeable and they are smaller and disappearing after 4 days of MIA treatment. I LOVE IT!!

I just found this is my secret weapon for cystic acne.. Like a lot of people i suffer from cystic acne specially in the chin area. Normally takes weeks! for the pimple to form and come out, developing a huge volcano size red bump, and finally a horrible deep scar.
I just discover that if i use the clarisonic mia as soon as i feel the pimple forming down inside my skin, for about 3-4 minutes on the affected area, the pimple disolves inside, even before getting red and bumpy. I repeat the process for about 4 days, one or twice a day, without rubbing, poking, putting ice, heat patches, anything... just leave it alone and use clarisonic very light... its wonderful, pimples never come out, disappear inside and nobody will see them ever... isnt great???!!
try it! even with one pimple this tool can prevent, is worth it..
I paid around 85 dlls for mine, but im so glad is helping me now. On top of that, really smooths your skin, and make it look better in general. Loooove it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by tylerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

holy crap this device is it. my skin is so ridiculously clean after using this. i originally had the clarisonic pro, but found i dont need the option to go for 2 or 3 minutes, or even another speed. save your money and get this little guy. works just as well. my skin has never looked so good. when you first start using it you will start to break out, but the brush is drawing out the impurities so dont worry! keep with it for a few weeks and you will see the improvement. if you're looking to throw down some money, throw down on the clarisonic mia.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by jlbre5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have combination skin. Until I started Uni at 17, I'd never had a pimple in my life. five years on my skin looks like it has a pimpley messy rash. So I thought I'd give the Mia a try.
Pros: It simplifies my skincare routine, and cuts the time in half. 1minute with this and my skin is squeaky clean (literally). Its 100% waterproof. Nifty charger. Easy to clean.
Cons: Moderately pricey (depending on how much you value skincare), lasts 20 uses but after about 5 the quality of the clean diminishes so you need to charge it every couple of days. Has given me a few underlying one bumps on one cheek.
Verdict: My products genuinely apply to my skin better, my skin feels super soft and healthy, did nothing for the acne/rash BUT! if you break out because of makeup then this would probably work. Im pretty confident that my skin problems are more hormonal and stress related, so i get nicer skin while still have the rash problem

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've wanted a Clarisonic for a very long time, but I always thought that it was very expensive. One day at Sephora I saw the Mia, and I finally decided to buy it. My skin has always been comb to very oily, and acne-prone. I had very rough patches of skin on my forehead as well. I'm so glad that I bought it! It helped so much with exfoliating the dead skin, softening the rough patches, and making my skin feel clean. I love that it has a self-timer, so I don't have to worry about over-doing it. I've used it with both the delicate brush and the sensitive skin brush. I'm not sure if the cleansers really matter with the Clarisonic, but I use it with Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser. It's been over a year since I've purchased it, and hopefully this unit lasts me a very long time. If/when it eventually dies, I'll definitely get another one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in November and wanted to wait a good long while before I did a review.

I'm kind of in awe... my skin is actually getting clearer. It's not perfect, but honest to god, it's smoother and I have less breakouts. I'm really shocked, somehow I thought it just wouldn't work for me as well as it did for everyone else. This is the most expensive beauty product I own, but I'm so glad I bought it. I use this everyday, which some people say is too much, but I don't have sensitive or dry skin, so it isn't a problem. I never really experienced a big skin purge or breakout like some people did- just a gradual decrease in the red bumps and acne breakouts I was getting.

I use this by cleansing my skin with a makeup removing cleanser, then using this with a gentle acne wash. Working fantastically for me so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've given this 5 stars because it has worked better than any other skin treatment I've used to treat my skin other than Accutane. Don't expect a miraculous transformation but it makes a bigger difference than most other skin products I've tried (almost everything under the sun in the past 24 years, including drugstore, department store, dermatologist, DIY natural...). I've been using it once a day, in the evening, for six weeks.

My skin type is combination, with both oily and dry patches and problems with a few bumps, breakouts, and acne scars. I'm also starting to show signs of age, mostly with hyperpigmentation but also with some wrinkling on my forehead and below my eyes.

What MIA helped with:
- Overall skin texture is much smoother. MIA finely and thoroughly exfoliates. Makeup goes on smoother.
- Skin is noticeably brighter and shinier.
- Less products are needed to moisturise and cleanse. A little dab of any moisturiser sinks in nicely. Cheapo cleansers work as well as any. I'm using a drugstore milk type cleanser with MIA.
- Has gotten rid of some of the small bumps and clogs trapped under the skin.
- It gets my face very clean.
- Elegant design and well built. Lasts for about three weeks before a recharge is needed.

Cons:
- Has not reduced large breakouts and resulting discolouration.
- Hyperpigmentation and wrinkles are the same.
- Blackheads and pore size haven't changed much.
- Initial cost is quite large and new brushes need to be purchase every few months.
- No international plug is available as far as I can tell?? I searched far and wide for a MIA with a European 2-pin plug but it only seems to be available with a US plug. Works with international plug adaptors but that's an extra thing that clutters up an otherwise minimalist design. Minor complaint in the end since it doesn't need recharging very often.

Overall, I'm happy with the MIA but it is not a miracle product!! I've have tried SOOO many skin care treatments over the years and most make no discernable difference. MIA gets 5 stars from me for having a visible impact on the overall texture and look on my skin, which would benefit people of all ages and skin types!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by laulau

I will keep this short.

This product has completely changed my skin!
I love it.
I didn't have particularly bad skin before, I got the odd spot/blemish. My main problem was uneven skintone and my skin kind of felt 'bumpy' and never completely smooth.

I bought this after umm-ing and ahh-ing, reading all the reviews on here and debating if it really was worth the price tag. Well it definitely is.
I'd say if you can afford it - buy it.

The first few days of using this I got a few spots and blemishes but it does warn you that this will happen while your skin gets used to it.
After that though - never had a problem.
I obviously still get the odd hormonal bump under my skin but I guess nothing can prevent that.

My skin is clearer, brighter and more even.
I don't get any little blemishes or odd spots like before.
My skin really does feel CLEAN after I have used this and moisturiser sinks in so much better.

I use my clarisonic with a cream cleanser (like liz earle cleanse and polish but I use a cheaper one) as I find this keeps my skin hydrated and doesn't slip off my face while I'm using the clarisonic.

I have recommended this to so many people and I will keep doing so.
I use it before I go to bed, knowing I will wake up with clear bright skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm still on the fence about the Clarisonic. Working at a higher-end cosmetic chain, we were always trained about the amazing ability of the Clarisonic to cleanse more deeply and allow other skincare items to penetrate deeper and work more effectively (it does NOT exfoliate). I'm not really sure these claims are true. I have used my Clarisonic pretty religiously since I bought it over 2 years ago and I can't say my skin is really that much different. The fine lines that are starting to form around my eyes are exactly the same. I love that one in comparison to the others. I'm in LIKE with my Clarisonic, not love. It may just be psychosomatic in my mind thinking that it is making a big difference. That being said, I still continue to use it and do not regret purchasing it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by msitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG, I dont know what I did before I had this...
oh wait, if you look at my other reviews, I had pimples! Painful cystic breakouts on my chin.
Not anymore. seriously. I use the mia with purpose cleanser every night and spot on zit cream (bp) around nose & on chin. then moisturize with cerave pm. This has been my routine for a few months and I haven't been happier. At first you will have a few breakouts as your skin purges, but keep with it!