September 2, 2014 | 1105 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by xomegs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Only bronzer that works for me. I'm so rediculously fair. I have to use an incredibly light hand but it gives me the nice contour and face definition i'm looking for. I love this matte bronzer. I dont really like the box packaging. It's portability sucks

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by underthepink3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got into "high end" makeup and shopping at sephora about 6 years ago. In the midst of the excitment of new brands and discoverys, I was immediately drawn to benefit boxed powders and the brand as a whole. It was pretty much down hill from there. After the honeymoon phase wore off and I began to branch out into more and more brands, maybe the ones that werent so flashy with gimmicky retro packaging, I *gasp* began to discover that I didn't actualy like benefit products all that much. There was so much out there within the same price range and even cheaper that I absolutely could love and get excited over using every single day and not just the initial excitment of buying the cutest darn little package. And now, that is what benefit boxed powders (and all that other benefit loot that sits prettily and silently in the corners and back of my organizers) respresents to me. Over priced gimmicky, glittery stuff that the teenage and early twentys me obsessed over. I still love adorable packaging as much as the next girl, but as I've grown up and had kids and began to watch my money more carefully, I began to realize that it's pretty ridiculous of me to keep spending so much money on this brand when I havn't really been in love with the actual products! That said, *takes deep breath* Hoola sucks. (for me) It's a light beige yellowy brown that makes my nc20 skin look dirty (and yeah, I'm applying it right!) Plus after struggling with major MAJOR acne for 3 years and spending so much $$ on trying to correct that and f**king my skin up way worse, I finaly figured out that these boxed powders where the culprit and after stopping use of them my face has improved dramaticaly. I looked up the ingredients on zerozits.com and sure enough it was a no-no! I recently bought Too faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer after doing lots and lots of research and highly HIGHLY reccomend that for any skin tone, no matter how light because if you apply it lighly and with the right brush it will look so natural! Not trying to bash benefit or anyone who likes these products, just giving my honest opinion which I really appreciate that from all of you! Couldn't live without all of your reviews! That's my 2 cents. :)
Just for fun, here's a list of benefit products that I have wasted my money on that now go unused because they suck for me:
Hoola

See?
fun.

36 out of 52 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Dinkor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I looked up lots of bronzers before deciding on trying Hoola and I can't say I am disapointed. It isn't really dark but has the potential to give more of a fuller tan or just a natural glow. It's matte and is good for contouring as well. I would buy it again but I will still look for other products I may like more, but I will definately continue to buy Hoola for it's own thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by spearmintcookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this bronzer! I'm really pale, and fairly cool, but Hoola works great on me for contouring and warming my complexion up a bit. It's not at all orange, which is great, and I love that it's matte, since I tend to go for a more natural look. You get a HUGE amount, and if you can find it on ebay it's really reasonably priced (though you do have to be careful not to buy a knock-off!). For pale folks like me, I recommend giving this a try! It's subtle, natural, and easily blended.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by evasirjohn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this - someone else wrote 'cheekbones in a box' and that is what it is exactly. I love that its not glittery. I love that it has no golden or pink undertones. I love the buildable aspect. I think that either you love or have the box packaging of these, but you have to admit, BeneFit created that and thats what they are known for. Very pricey but worth it when you will literally take forever to hit pan and the quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this bronzer. I'm not typically a bronzer girl but I have been using this for about 4 years now, it's the best one out there. It's really expensive (over 22) but it lasts me for ages, about 1.5 years to hit the pan. I use it as a contour powder to sculpt my cheebones and nose. It works beautifully - much more flattering on my NC20 golden undertoned skin than typical ashy shades of contour powder. I love that it's matte with no shimmers or glitters in it. The bronzer itself is soooo soft and silky, so it blends on my skin effortlessly. Doesn't break me out and lasting power is really good too. The colour is not orange...it's just a natural brown on me. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Harley09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Benefit's packaging, such a shame though that it isn't practical. The day I bought Hoola home it already looked like the box was wearing thin on the corners. However this does not have an impact on the bronzer itself. I love this bronzer, I was in the market for a matte bronzer with no shimmer whatsoever so I can use for contouring as well as for giving my face a little flush of tan since I have fair skin. When applied with a light hand this gives me such a nice glow, especially when paired with Coralista or Mac Springsheen. I've seen complaints that the product looks small, it does indeed but in terms of weight there is more product packed in there than in the average mac blush. I'd definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by LandersPistol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Cheekbones in a cardboard box.

Hate the packaging, but I love what I can make it do for my face! With the right brush and the perfect amount of blending I believe this should work on many different skin tones. I'm a NC25 and this has reached HG status for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well I never thought I'd live to see the day when I'd like ANY Benefit product. Every single one I've tried has turned out to be a major fail. But -HELLO HOOLA! After trying many bronzers (see my reviews just for a sampler) I wanted to see if this cult fave would make the cut. Sure enough, it gives me a real, tanned, healthy look :)
At this point, I don't care about the gimmicky packaging, flimsy or otherwise, just as long as the product's good, and that it is. Nice and matte, buildable, and NOT muddy-looking at all. And it shows up on my face, which is notorious for absorbing color into nothingness (NC35). Even MAC & NARS bronzers haven't performed as well for me.
Though pricey, it's highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by ladiihpnotiiq

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My absolute favourite bronzer!

For reference I have a very neutral skintone which is difficult to match products with as things are either too pink, too pale or too yellow. I usually use anywhere from NC20 - NC30 in MAC makeup, and the closest match for my skinetone that I've found so far is Real Sand 08 in Prescriptives Virtual Skin makeup.

I've tried a lot of bronzers, and am never really all that happy with them because of the skintone struggles I mentioned above. My latest was Laguna by Nars, which I've used for the last 3 years as even though I wasn't entirely happy with the product (it was a bit too pink for my liking), the compact was large and lasted a long time so i just stuck with it. It finally ran out so I started the search for a new bronzer. I am a Benefit lover and have started converting my makeup collection from Mac and Nars only to predominently Benefit, so I decided to search within this brand for the bronzer, and after reading all of the Hoola reviews, I took the leap and bought this as it was only $16 NZD.

It's a very neutral bronzer, and applies very sheer, but is buildable. It's also matte, which is perfect for someone like me with extremely oily skin (I know, I won the genetic lottery!). I really cannot rave enough about the colour and price, and I will definitely be purchasing Hoola again.