August 22, 2014 | 1871 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

First off, I have combination/oily skin and I am light-medium with a golden undertone. I occasionally break out in acne and the scars seem to stay for a long time. I've never used MAC products but I was matched to NC25ĖNC35, and am perfectly matched to Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Foundation in Golden Medium. I am reviewing both No.21 and No.23 shades.

I originally bought this in No.21 in the 50ml tube with the pump dispenser. This was my first BB cream and I really had to learn to love it. My first impression of it when I first dispensed it was that it had a rather overwhelming floral-powdery fragrance to it, so definitely not a good BB cream if you are sensitive to cosmetics with fragrances in it! (Try their Signature Real Complete BB cream instead, if you have sensitive skin.)

Luckily my skin is not sensitive, but I can't help noticing the scent on my face for hours after applying it (lasting power is pretty good, 8 hours WITHOUT the companion primer, B.B. Boomer!). I applied the BB cream sparingly, after reading reviews that a little went a long way and to be careful with the pump dispenser, since it can dispense more than you need in a single pump. I only needed about half a pump to cover my face.

The consistency is definitely creamy, maybe even thicker than your typical lotion. I have used Josie Maran Argan Tinted Moisturizer, which has a really thick consistency, and Urban Decay Tinted Moisturizer, which is light and easy to spread. MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB cream has a consistency in-between. The BB cream can be a little difficult to spread over your face because it's a little thick, so dotting it around your face and then spreading from there is the best way to cover every inch especially to take advantage of its high SPF protection. Despite the high SPF, the BB cream has a fairly matte finish and decent oil control. I've never had to blot my face as I've had to with tinted moisturizers.

No.21 is the 2nd lightest shade offered by MISSHA for this line of BB creams, and in my opinion it was too light for me, and it may possibly be because it has a gray cast that supposedly whitens the look of your skin as it oxidizes. While it does change color after a few minutes like it claims, it didn't change color close enough to my natural skin tone, and my face still looked too pale compared to the rest of my body.

I tried No.23 next, this time in a smaller squeeze-tube so as not to waste any product, and this shade worked out so much better for me! While it still has a grayish cast, at least the color was not as deathly-looking as No.21 was. I definitely recommend No.23 for NC25-NC35 skin tones. The packaging of the squeeze-tube is also much better than the pump dispenser of the larger 50ml tube, because it's easier to control how much product you want to use, so there's less waste. I used the 20ml squeeze tube for 3 months, and had used a little less than half the product so a 20ml tube can last about 6 months with regular use. That's a long time! The 50ml tube could last a whole year, but if you change colors dramatically with the seasons (and I do), the 20ml tube is more than enough.

I love that MISSHA's M Perfect Cover BB creams come in a large range of shades to accommodate more skin tones and types, but most of the lighter shades are too gray and most of their darker shades are too warm/orange. If you can sample the BB cream before buying, do it because it's hard to tell by photo swatches if a shade is right for you, because they oxidize in 5 to 30 minutes depending on air/temperature/weather conditions. If you aren't able to sample before buying and you bought a BB cream that doesn't match you well enough, you can always use the BB cream as a primer for your foundation. And if you don't like the thick consistency of this BB cream, try mixing it with another light moisturizer; I've mixed it with Urban Decay Tinted Moisturizer in Bodyguard which warmed the color while making it easier to spread.

BB creams claim to also have age-defying properties like reversing wrinkles and supposedly whiten acne scars. Although I've used this BB cream for 3 months consistently, I'm not so sure that it gets rid of acne scars better than simply daily exfoliation. It's definitely opaque enough to hide them while it's applied though! And I don't have facial wrinkles so I'm not sure that it is also reverses aging.

But as far as standard foundations go, this is a great product if you don't mind the fragrance and are able to find a matching shade, and it's cheaper than most good foundations and tinted moisturizers in the market. 20ml tubes go for $7 to $13 depending where you look, and 50 ml tubes go for $15-$30.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by greeniy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After alllllllll the hype about BB creams I decided to give this one a go. Waa waa waaaaaa. This product gave little to no coverage for my skin unless I coated my face two or three times with it. A little does go a long way however. I didn't sample this before buying so I guessed my color. It was a tinge lighter than my normal foundation. A few minutes after this stuff set the strangest thing happened. I turned grey. I don't know if this is because of a color mismatch or what. I'm pale enough without turning gray. After several weeks of daily use my skin was no healthier either. I saw no change, turned me gray and gave little to no coverage. This product was not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

As a very fair redhead, I decided to purchase this bb cream in no. 13, which is the lightest shade available. The no.13 is a pretty good match for my whiteness. I wore this while running yesterday and I can tell you it was still in place when I finished. You do need to remove with a makeup remover to get it all off! This bb cream is easy to apply -- I followed how I had seen people apply it in Youtube videos, which is patting the product onto the face with fingers rather than applying with a brush or sponge.

Now, since I do not wear this product (or any foundation like ones) on a daily or even very regular basis, I canít say whether or not itís going to cause my skin to break out. It is, however, very comfortable on the face ó not oily, not greasy, and not heavy-feeling. The coverage is moderate, I guess, but itís been so long since Iíve worn anything resembling foundation that I canít say for certain. My skin looks very natural but quite smooth and even. The finish is matte, not shimmery. The packaging has a pump that is very hygienic, and it stands up well on the counter so it doesn't take up a ton of space.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by blake0202

The packaging is good as the tube allows very little come out at a time, an adequate amount enough for the whole face. No too much or too few, just enough. It also looks quite high-class. The price is great, a bit higher than other bbcream (e.g BB cream of SKINFOOD) but affordable (my friend bought it for me in Korea - so cheap about USD11). Moreover I believe a 50ml tube can be used for 1 years at least!
I am using it in the winter, it is very matte. I must say the cover is very great! Missha delivers its promise on perfect cover. My skin looks flawlessly yet very naturally. I also use a bit (just very few!) powder on top of it. but without powder it's okay. I guess in summer we still need powder to control the oil.

However, I am still doubtful about the promise of "skincare" or "anti-aging".
It's good for cover, and I use it instead of foundation, that's all.

Worth a try ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Andalucian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't expect much from the BB cream hype, but I finally gave in when the Missha website offered a bit promotion to new buyers (a discounted price for a tube of Perfect Cover plus a free BB cream sampler). I'm still not convinced of the skincare benefits in BB cream, but this does offer good coverage, long wear time, and a natural look. I became a big fan of Perfect Cover during the brutal summer - record-setting heat wreaked havoc with my skin (summer oilies in areas, exceptionally parched elsewhere), and I had a hard time finding foundations that would survive the sweat. This lasted all day, was reasonably good with oil control, and didn't accentuate dry areas. I haven't experienced any breakouts or bad reactions to this (in spite of the slightly frightening ingredients list!). It's easy to apply with either fingers or a brush, the tube with pump packaging is convenient, and the pricing is affordable, particularly with the frequent sales held by Missha. I do find the fragrance somewhat strong and off-putting, but it does fade with time and doesn't bother me as much now as it did when I first started using it. The shade selection also leaves a lot to be desired; though the 5 shades offered provide a much wider range than most BB creams, they aren't stellar. I'm NW20 and generally use #21 (Light Beige), which blends reasonably well. I've tried using #23 (Natural Beige) when I'm a bit darker in the summer, but the grey tones in that shade are a little odd. Overall, I do like this, and I'll likely keep a tube around for days when I want a natural look with minimal effort.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by amyunicaluu

I've been using this product for well over a year now and it's definitely a great product to try. I currently use shade 23 which is a bit lighter than my complexion and the later is too dark. The product is on the thick side for a foundation, which is not a bad thing, a little goes a long way! What I have to do is mix it with a bit of lotion, this helps the oxidizing process (to me) and it matches my skin flawlessly. People cannot tell i'm wearing makeup at all, and you know what i mean..during broad daylight and in the sun! If used the right way, with a few trial and errors on getting the perfect shade (due to the lack of shades), this product will definitely remain a favorite.

Amy

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Shiorin

This is my favorite BB cream ever!! The coverage is so good that it's almost like a foundation. It is so easy to apply and it is moisturizing. The only downside is that it does not last too long if you don't apply powder on top of it but with powder it stays on all day. I would recommend this product to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Pangur

HOLY WHAT BB Cream is seriously awesome. And Missha? Awesome. I got an email from them and their M Perfect Cover was on sale for $9.99. I've never used BB Cream but heard a lot about it and thought, hell with it, lets try since its so cheap. Well, after shipping, it was about $19 so it wasn't that bad price-wise. The shipping was fast, so A+ for them, though the packaging was cheaaap (a simple bubble mailer envelope, though I'm not particularly bothered by it, just expected more). The box and the tube itself are so cute and classy with the color scheme and lettering, though the tube+pump is new to me, not sure if I like it...

So I washed my face off and then just put the BB Cream on my face, vanilla (no primer or moisturizer) and I noticed IMMEDIATELY that it was smoothing out my skin tone and leaving this gorgeous, silky finish. I have a clear face, save for minor breakouts on the sides of my face and sometimes a few lone pimples on my forehead. I never use foundation but found that concealer alone wasn't really making my face look nice and even. For example I have a dry, blotchy red patch inbetween my eyebrows that cannot be fixed with concealer (it looks cakey, even when using lots of moisturizer beforehand), but the BB cream just made the skin there SMOOTH and wonderful with no flaking or cakey-ness.

This stuff really does the trick. I'm white and have quite fair skin, so milky beige was perfect on me. I didn't find it to be grey at all. I'm kind of nervous about the "whitening agent" in it, though, because I really don't want to be much paler. I'm also combination, and the BB cream soothed my semi-dry cheeks better than my moisturizer, and I haven't noticed oilyness on my T-zone yet.

I will make sure to update this post if this stuff makes me break out or anything, nothing yet so far. I'm kind of nervous because I never use foundation and I don't want this irritating my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by ellzabella

Having hearing the major rage over BB creams and having blemished skin after being on holidays i decided to give the Missha BB cream a try. Like many of the other reviews i fell in love with this product as soon as i tried it on. It covered all my blemished and it made my skin tone even and smooth, without the look of wearing make up. It does take some time to blend it, i find using a small amount is enough to cover my face. in terms of cost its fairly cheap in Australia in comparison to other beauty products. I would definitely be buying this product again once i run out. Iam a very big fan ^^

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by chinacat33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an AWESOME product to cover blemishes so that no one will even know you're wearing something as there is no glitter, glimmer etc. It is UNDETECTABLE in both indoor and outdoor lighting. The trick is to
use it on a CLEAN nicely EXFOLIATED face,
get the correct shade for your skin
Don't use too much