MISSHA M Perfect Cover BB Cream

3.8

on 4/4/2012 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Having jumped on the BB Bandwagon at last, I've now tried and own this, a sample of Dior's, the Garnier one and TheBalm's TM which sounds very similar to a BB but isn't technically considered one. MISSHA's is so far my favorite in terms of shade, finish, blendability and skin benefits. I wear #21, Light Beige currently and have a small size of #23 the darker beige, to try during the summer.

This is not as dewy in finish as the Garnier and has better coverage by far. I like that one, but you need "good" skin to use it right off the top where this you don't, as it was intended. It's not as matte as TheBalm TM, and has better coverage than the Dior which was thinner and more runny but about the same shade as #21. Right now I can see why these are popular- my skin is in bad shape, dry, red, rough, looks and feels horrible due to an allergic reaction to a Strivectin serum to the point that even touching it was painful and nothing helped much less looked good, just made it worse. This has been the only makeup foundation- type product I can wear without further irritating my already irritated skin since the allergy occured, and it seems to be helping as the days go by. It goes on easily (love the pump), blends well, covers wonderfully, lasts a long time (I set by dusting a light finishing powder on top to help with that if I feel like it. Other times I leave it and it looks fine on it's own too). This doesn't further irritate or break me out, and my skin seems to like it. I run on the dry side so I don't need oil conrol and this seems the perfect blend of everything for my skin tone and skin type. A little dab will do ya too -a little goes a long way. One pump is enough to do my whole face. I don't notice a strong scent, at least not as strong as the Garnier by comparison so that doesn't bother me.

I'm happy these exist now whether they are really glorified TMs or not, and are more widely available to the US market. I know there are others coming out in practically every brand now, but this one works so well for me so far and is in my price range so I'm reluctant to try anything else yet. I can definitely see why these are popular for problematic skin types or issues, and I'm grateful for that now that I've had a reason to need it myself. I will continue to use this even after my skin clears up because I am enjoying the benefits and properties this brings and feel that things can only get better if it's been this good so far with my current state of "bad" skin. I also like their twin cake powder foundation and sheet masks, but those are different reviews :)

on 4/4/2012 3:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The color match is pretty good (#21) & the coverage is ok but sadly i won't be wearing this because of the scent :( Im super sensitive to scented things on my face & this gives me a headache. Glad i didn't buy this but swapped for it.

on 4/2/2012 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this bb cream in the no. 23 shade because I'm relatively tan for an Asian. This is the first bb cream I've ever tried, and I really like it. While it has very light coverage, it's definitely buildable in areas where more coverage is needed. I have combination acne-prone skin, and this does NOT break me out at all. It also fails to fully cover my acne scars and dark circles, though. For me, this is not a huge issue because I use a separate concealer anyways, but for those wishing for a real all-in-one product, keep in mind that if you have bad skin, this will only make any blemishes slightly less noticeable. My favorite thing about this bb cream is the really natural, glowy finish. Anybody saying it is cakey or unnatural looking is using too much or is using an inappropriate shade. All you need is a very veeery small amount- a little less than pea size. If you use an appropriate amount, it should feel extremely light- as if it's just a light moisturizer. People say that the high SPF causes a white cast in pictures, and that's probably true, but I haven't really seen any pictures where I distinctly remember wearing the bb cream, so I can't confirm that. All in all, it is a really natural bb cream with light coverage that is great for everyday wear.

on 4/2/2012 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I was so excited about this BB cream.. I got it in #13, a color that seemed to match my skin! Finally!

But... I used it once and it made me break out with terrible pimples.
Used it two more times and got more pimples. That's enough for me.
Checked the ingredients. It contains algae, a super comedogenic ingredient. This is pure rubbish. Will never use again.

Color was nice though :/

on 4/1/2012 8:38:00 PM

Until I find a better BB cream, this is my default. It has respectable coverage but I find that the signature radiance foundation by Missha actually does a better job of covering my blemishes. My key concern is covering up my light freckles on my cheekbones and this unfortunately doesn't do the trick. This is lighter than foundation though, so I am willing to spread it across more of my face to gain a more even skin tone. I broke out my first time using it but my skin decided to be nice about this one and since then, it has not experienced any irritation. I think that the cream would be unsuitable for oily skin types, as by the end of the day my skin has become rather shiny. Might need some powder with it.

on 3/31/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My go to foundation! I love this BB cream. It completely brightens my complexion with just a thin layer of the product. It looks natural and I don't feel like I'm wearing makeup when applied. It doesn't clog pores. A tube lasts me forever. The pump packaging is great because it is more sanitary. I would recommend this to anyone except those who like more than medium coverage.

on 3/31/2012 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This BB cream made me break out in teeny tiny spots which i had never experienced before. For me, it felt quite cakey, oily and thick during application, and made me feel as though i was wearing a lot of make up which i don't like at all. I'm all for the natural and no make up-make up look and this bb cream did not make me feel like that on my face! Even though it probably does look natural but the consistency meant it felt really heavy if you get what i mean. I'm probably more used to wearing lighter coverage products though which in comparison meant this cream was really thick. Even some foundations are better than this IMO! The only good thing about this cream is that it definitely is quite moisturising since its so thick, but just feels icky on my face.

on 3/31/2012 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OH NO PLEASE I MUST RE-REVIEW THIS LOVELY BB CREAM

So I used this back in the day when this bb cream was barely gaining a cult following. Back then my skin was terribly oily due to the fact that I had an absolute sh*t skin care routine. Well, now that i know how to take good care of my skin I decided to revisit this bb cream.

I am significantly tanner now (around an nc 42) so i opted for this in the shade 31. So, first of all wow I love the texture of this stuff. It's quite creamy and it spreads very easily across the skin. No tugging like some tinted moisturizers tend to do. It does have some dewiness however not as much (once a again) as most tinted moisturizers do. Once i lightly pat it with powder it sets to this lovely velvet finish.

Somehow throughout the day it manages to stay semi dewy, it never goes completely oily and gross. Talk about quite the change from back in the day when i used to use it!

It doesn't settle into my dry spots, and keeps me nice and hydrated. It also lasted all day for me with only minor fading on my PIH. Also speaking on PIH the coverage on this stuff is very nice, buildable but still natural looking :)

Now the only con so far is the color, although missha provides way more color options than your average bb cream, no 31 has a pinky tone to it. It's not as bad as the pink tinge in say colorstay foundation, but its still not a super good match for someone that has golden undertones. The depth of color is good, not the undertone though.

Regardless, i will most likely keep using it since the finish is so lovely!

When I first used this I loved it. It goes on so smooth and has great coverage- better than most medium coverage foundations. I used colour no. 23 which is a bit too light for me but after a few hours it oxidises and matches my skin tone better. Covered most of my acne scaring and redness rather well. However if you apply too much it looks cakey. Also it does not last throughout the day. 4 hours tops. It didn't break me out before but after using it for about 2 months everyday I've noticed that it clogs my pores and gives me little acne bumps all over my skin. I think this is due to the mineral oil ingredient. It doesn't cause big under the skin cystic acne which I usually get from using other foundations though. It has lightened my skin because after I've stopped using this I've had to go back to one of my old foundations until I find something better and I've noticed that that foundation matches me perfectly now and it was way too light before. Also it makes you very oily. So great for people who are not prone to acne, have normal- dry skin and don't react badly to mineral oil and want something that has good skin benefits as well as being a smooth medium coverage foundation.

on 3/29/2012 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love and hate bb creams. I love what they promise to do and I love that they are so easy. I HATE that they almost always are too light for my NC25-NC30 skin.
I have tried a few different bb creams in the past and decided that Missha would be worth a try as well. Since it comes in few different tones unlike other bb creams out there.
I got this in shade #23 and while it runs a little bit lighter than I would like, it does oxidize throughout the day eventually matching my skin tone pretty well.
I dot it all over my face and blend with my finger tips. It isnt a very smooth formula, it also feels pretty dry while applying but it applies pretty easily and requires very little blending.

pros: finish is neither matte nor dewy. It literally looks like the texture of my moisturized semi matte skin. I guess thats why people say bb cream gives you a very natural look.

coverage: light to medium. It evens out my skin tone and some redness. I still have to go over my under eyes and hyperpigmentation spots with concealer.

cons: the scent is pretty strong. it doesnt really bother me but it seems pretty unnecessary to have it this strong (flower/powdery, nothing offensive)

This is still MUCH MUCH better than BB creams by north american companies (more like tinted moisturizers!). It's a good item to have around since it isn't so expensive and a good product to bring on vacations where you want to look natural but still look even and dewy (the high SPF is also a bonus!)

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bash it or Buy it?!! Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream - demo and review by Denim Vixen

Top Rated MISSHA Products