SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.6

on 7/16/2004 7:59:00 PM

i am using the entire regime... cleanser, toner, essence and during day uv mositurizer and at night alternating between pore refiner and power signs. also samples of the c just on the dehydrated spots.

first it was very cool to be photo imaged for the 4 areas skII treats, sun damage (amazing as a former tanorexic i was only a 33 of 100), dydration and lines (again , tiny amount and i ain't 30... but my pores were over the top clogged and had too much of some weird bacteria stuff...I begged the sa to get me the firming extract but she just said NO YOU ARENT SAGGING BUT YOUR PORES ARE TERRIBLE.

ok i will take young looking with bad pores over saggy, lined clean pores lol.

Even with gentics on my side, in 4 days, my skin looks years younger. so much so that my manicurist asked why my palms looked like her 2 yr old daughters skin... its that pitura from the essence when i rub. I now use a spray top from an old spritzer and stick it right in the essence because baby palms isnt as exciting as baby face :)

my skin glows, looks clear, and younger. the only negative besides this line is pricey...( but so is by terry, cle de peau and la prairie and la mer) is that as a self tanner fanatic who loves to be a ggg, instead of her born LLL-MMM, it works so well i cannot achieve the darkness i usually like, small price to pay for beautiful skin.
I cannot recomend this line highly enough for those with normal skin and over 30. may not work for oilier types or very dry...UPDATE. AFTER 6 WEEKS, MY PORES ARE STILL BAD ACCORDING TO THEIR TEST, BUT MY BAD BACTERIA WENT DOWN SUBSTANTIALLY AND THE UV SPOTS ARE ALMOST GONE AND THE BEST NEWS. I WENT FROM 33 TO 12 IN SUN DAMAGE. AND THAT IS AFTER 20 PLUS YEARS OF BAKING , TOASTY BROWN WITH MINIMAL SUNSCREEN and tanning parlors

HOW? I DON'T KNOW

on 6/18/2004 12:35:00 AM

I started using the cleanser, toner and essence treatment with the signs treatment at night for about a month and right afterwards my face feels itchy and I am breaking out in little red bumps around the hairline and temple and cheeks.

Before this I had nice normal skin, in fact when I did their test, my scores were very low. Now my face feels hot and sensitive all the time.

I couldn't figure which product was the culprit. I thought I was going crazy before I read others comments about the pimples. I suspected it was the SKII stuff but I guess I just didn't want to believe it.

In fact, it's itching my skin right now, I am going to wash it off.

Good thing I learned about a new skincare line today called amore pacific which seems like it might be less irratating for me...

on 6/7/2004 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to start trying SKII even though I wasn't sure P&G company can be good at making cosmetics/skincare products. I was very impressed with the result. After I start using the product, I feel that my skin has been improved, better texture, more moisturized. But I hate the smell, plus it is SO expensive for such bottle. I used for a month already and it is 30% gone.

on 5/26/2004 10:46:00 AM

In response to Eimi's review:

I am also using the essence treatment and signs treatment and have noticed that my face felt a bit itchy after using them. The FT Essence was great when I first used it, noticed pores were smaller and skin felt smoother. However, when I combined this with Signs Treatment and UV Essence (for daytime), I began to break out!! Small bumps, pimples and redness on my cheek. Might be good for normal skin only.

on 5/10/2004 7:28:00 PM

Way too expensive for a toner/treatment but it does work. I used to love Clarins toner for combo skin and Jo Malone toner as well but this one is so much better. Absorbs instantly, smoothes out and evens out my complexion beautifully. The scent could be better but the packaging is very nice and that makes up for the not-so-great fragrance.

on 5/9/2004 12:52:00 AM

I bought some samples, as well as got one for free from Saks 5th. This product is ridiculously expensive and doesn't make any difference to my skin! I tried it for two weeks already. The wet look immediately after applying it is nice, but no improvements are shown. I still like my Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Creme to whom I owe my shrunk pores, blackhead-free face! Also, beware about having to use their Cleansing Lotion just to use this Essence. You may use ANY toner to remove impurities and apply your favorite moisturizer or skin care product for more efficient absorption.

on 5/8/2004 4:08:00 AM

I buy an SKII essential pack which contain cleanser, toner and the essence. Been using it for 4 days only and I can tell there's a difference on my skin texture. My skin is less oily, smoother, makes make up application easier. Would repurchse again.

on 4/30/2004 11:54:00 PM

I am amazed by this product. I used to have lovely skin but during late teens, developed acne-prone
skin till i had to be on anti-biotics for few months.I have
since stopped taking such medication..for years i continued to struggle with problematic skin..
had visible pores and oily till i constantly had to use
2 pieces of oil-blotting paper,several times daily. After using SKII for only 3 days,i notices my pores are closed and skin looks clean and smooth..gets better day after day and
you don't have to use alot.i usually get the 30ml sample bottles sold at lucky plaza.. have now used it for 1mth and one good thing is i don't have to use oil blotting paper
anymore.. if i need to use, it is only 1 piece a day after i
finish work. For day use,i use this product with sekkesie lotion,emulsion and just st lukes prickly heat powder and
i look like i have a smooth foundation on.
and for night repair, i use kose surwhite cx-massage of c.
(i don't use skII at night as massage of c is good enough)
i did not see any reviews on the latter but it really repairs
skin so well..use as a night cream, massage for 1 minute or more on each section of your face..making it clean and pure..my childhood chicken pox marks have disappeared!!but sad thing is i heard from the SA that they will be discontinuing it by thisyr and will replace it with another product. now i am approaching 30 but friends say
skin is like those of an 18 year old..pure, clean, young,radiant.

on 4/6/2004 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i feel a little cheated by this because i did not notice any spectacular improvment after using this for a month. And it's so expensive!! Silly me, i bought the large bottle, an impulsive buy, and am regretting it now. Plus the whole bottle "splash it on your face" concept makes the whole thing so unwieldly. Won't repurchase this again. Will update in a few months time.

on 4/4/2004 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i can't tell whether or not this gave me red bumps or my Shu Uemura makeup...whatever caused it...i'm not about to find out! i got this as a sample..been using for a couple days and have been having itchy skin ever since!

so in the trash can this goes!

Popular Treatments (Face)