July 24, 2014 | 1621 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by mintyjulep

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Essential item. Great with mascara for a simple natural look, nice highlighter but not overly shiny, goes on smoothly, dries quickly, good packaging and lasts a long time. Doesn't crease and is great for people who wear contact lenses.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by dukechickie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

color: pinky/beige pearl, shimmery without being frosty, gives my eyelid a very translucent, seemingly natural glow, looks great paired with eyeliner & mascara for easy/casual look

formula: lasts on my lids, makes eyeshadows brighter and more vivid when layered over bare study

perfect color for simple makeup + great base + long-wearing formula = ♥ ♥ continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mulzanza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am Asian with NC25 skin, dark hair and eyes.

What I like:
= Bare Study is such a beautiful, pearly shade. When applied on my eyelids, the color blends so beautifully with my skin tone that it looks like my skin, but better, brighter, and more luminous!
= A teeeeny-weeny bit goes a long way, so this will last for ages before I need to get a new one.
= It's a great base for other colors. I like layering colors like Goldmine, Fab n Flash or Bronze over it for a natural metallic glow. It looks great on its own too.
= The color doesn't crease on me and stays all day long without fading or flaking.
= It's a great highlighter/browbone color as well and deliver a natural luminosity to skin.

What I don't like:
= It can be hard to blend (or maybe I"m just not doing it right) because it tends to dry fairly quickly and rubbing it will only cause it to flake and look uneven and clumpy.

Will repurchase, if and when I finally run out of this great product!

For more tips, reviews, and makeup tutorials, check out my blog at http://minimerlin.blogspot.com!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Gradle

I love Bare Study. It is the perfect eyeshadow when I want a quick wash of color that looks natural and pretty, and I love the shimmer. This looks great with lots of other colors, and I wear it almost every day. I was hoping that I could use it without UDPP underneath, but it still creases without it on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 1:49:00 AM More reviews by topnotch_babydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bare study is a makeup essential.It is an awesome primer,hilight,or even as a shadow for on the go days.It gives you a more wide eye look.I never really used an e/s base until this,besides bare canvas paint-I like this much better!
it definitely makes a difference on making other e/s on top of it more vibrant,with a subtle shimmer.Makes the shadow last longer,and prevents e/s creasing.Another great MAC product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I only have two Paint Pots, but I love them! This is the one I use most as it's a great neutral, wear-with-anything shade. I like to use it under my powder (or cream: Metal-X) shadows, or even alone over UDPP. In the pot it reminds me of a creamy version of Vanilla pigment because it's ivory with a golden iridescence. When applied, it's very sheer and adds a little bit of miniscule shimmer. It's a great look alone on days when you don't wear much on the eyes, and it's also an amazing base that, like the Paint Pots are supposed to do, pick up a ton of pigment and make your powder shadows pop. I have better color payoff with this than UDPP, and with powder shadow over it, it usually doesn't crease for me, and I crease badly with no primer. When I wear this alone, I do use UDPP as a precaution against creasing. I love this and use it just about every day and would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by trulylovely

I LOVE this product! I use it over UDPP, as I have super oily lids. Together, they make the perfect natural "no-eyeshadow" look, giving my eyes a slightly sparkly but clean look. This combination also works as the perfect eyeshadow base for me, as UDPP helps prevent my eyelids from getting oily, and Bare Study helps the shadow cling better, and gives the slightest bit of sparkle underneath any shadow. This is a must-have product for me, and I wear it every single day, either alone or under whatever eyeshadow I wear. Definite HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

I bought this along with the Painterly paint pot to use primarily as a base/highlight. Bare Study is a sheer shimmery ivory and Painterly is a skin-toned matte. Both are the most neutral base colors for the majority of skintones. I am surprised that I actually reach for this more than I do Painterly. Although I am NOT a fan of high shimmer, I do like this product very much. I bought it primarily to go under matte shadows to give it a bit more dimension, and that it does. (Although I prefer matte, I don't always like a purely matte/dry finish all the time, so this is perfect to give matte shadows a bit of gleam). It comes packaged in a glass pot, and looks like a shiny/high shimmer metallic ivory in the pot. However, applied sheerly, it gives just a hint of gleam, and a transparent wash of color. I think this would work on a wide range of skintones from light to dark, since it can be used very sheerly, and seems to let your natural skin color come through. Like other reviewers, I also think this is also a great all-over color wash when you don't want to wear a lot of makeup, or if you are going for a more natural look. You can get a pretty sophisticated look just by using this by itself with a smidge of black eyeliner and lots of mascara. As a base, it's fantastic - it makes your eyeshadows go on more smoothly and makes it easier to blend. It also evens out the color of your eyelid. If you're lazy like me, it works as a nice subtle highlight as well. Highly recommended. This and Painterly should truly be staples in everyone's traincase. My only complaint is that it comes in a glass jar; I would prefer plastic so I can more easily travel with it. However, this problem is easily solved by scooping some out into a small plastic sample jar for travel. In fact, this is how I've been using it anyway to keep the main jar from drying out quickly.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Fight4urRight

this is a great base for e/s. it does not crease on me at all. i love that it has shimmer. i wear it on my lazy days (almost everyday) when i don't feel like doing that much. i've never tried the old school paints, so i don't know how they compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Foomph

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great eyeshadow base or a great eyeshadow worn alone. It makes my cheap d/s eyeshadows look like high quality ones! Yet I can also wear this shade on its own and it brightens up my eyes with a subtle peach-y pink-y shimmer that's not outrageous or 80s at all. I love it and will definitely repurchase.