December 21, 2014 | 1901 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Bare Study

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by xGingyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after my huge disappointment with UDPP - somehow the UDPP works wonderfully for everybody but it always look blotchy on me, no matter how little I put on my lids. So I went ahead and bought bare study after hearing that it creates a great canvas for powder e/s and pigments. I don't have oily lids so this cream e/s stay fresh on my lids all day long. And on top of it, the color is insanely beautiful! I'm a fan of neutral's and I always reach for this paint pot everyday, whether I'm planning on wearing it alone or wear it under my favorite pigments: melon and gold mode. It really does intensify the colors of the e/s and pigments. Bare study is a pinkish, champagne shade with very fine shimmers - no glittery at all so it makes a great highlighter for my brow bones and cheek bones as well. I would definitely repurchase if I ever run out, which I highly doubt it. For $16.50 you get a lot of product out of it. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by oneclassy_broad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first paint pot, and it is gorgeous. Its a pinky/ beige color with a goldish tint to it.Its so creamy! and when its dry it dosen smudge or move! Very pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with all the great reviews - this is easy to apply, longwearing, great alone or under other eyeshadow, not too awfully expensive for the amount that you get - very creamy and easy to blend. Very nice to use if you are in a hurry - it's that easy to work with. I have several Paint Pots and this is probably my favorite one of all. In fact, one of my most favorite cosmetics of all time. Bravo, MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by mintyjulep

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Essential item. Great with mascara for a simple natural look, nice highlighter but not overly shiny, goes on smoothly, dries quickly, good packaging and lasts a long time. Doesn't crease and is great for people who wear contact lenses.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by dukechickie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

color: pinky/beige pearl, shimmery without being frosty, gives my eyelid a very translucent, seemingly natural glow, looks great paired with eyeliner & mascara for easy/casual look

formula: lasts on my lids, makes eyeshadows brighter and more vivid when layered over bare study

perfect color for simple makeup + great base + long-wearing formula = ♥ ♥ continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by mulzanza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am Asian with NC25 skin, dark hair and eyes.

What I like:
= Bare Study is such a beautiful, pearly shade. When applied on my eyelids, the color blends so beautifully with my skin tone that it looks like my skin, but better, brighter, and more luminous!
= A teeeeny-weeny bit goes a long way, so this will last for ages before I need to get a new one.
= It's a great base for other colors. I like layering colors like Goldmine, Fab n Flash or Bronze over it for a natural metallic glow. It looks great on its own too.
= The color doesn't crease on me and stays all day long without fading or flaking.
= It's a great highlighter/browbone color as well and deliver a natural luminosity to skin.

What I don't like:
= It can be hard to blend (or maybe I"m just not doing it right) because it tends to dry fairly quickly and rubbing it will only cause it to flake and look uneven and clumpy.

Will repurchase, if and when I finally run out of this great product!

For more tips, reviews, and makeup tutorials, check out my blog at http://minimerlin.blogspot.com!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Gradle

I love Bare Study. It is the perfect eyeshadow when I want a quick wash of color that looks natural and pretty, and I love the shimmer. This looks great with lots of other colors, and I wear it almost every day. I was hoping that I could use it without UDPP underneath, but it still creases without it on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 1:49:00 AM More reviews by topnotch_babydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bare study is a makeup essential.It is an awesome primer,hilight,or even as a shadow for on the go days.It gives you a more wide eye look.I never really used an e/s base until this,besides bare canvas paint-I like this much better!
it definitely makes a difference on making other e/s on top of it more vibrant,with a subtle shimmer.Makes the shadow last longer,and prevents e/s creasing.Another great MAC product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I only have two Paint Pots, but I love them! This is the one I use most as it's a great neutral, wear-with-anything shade. I like to use it under my powder (or cream: Metal-X) shadows, or even alone over UDPP. In the pot it reminds me of a creamy version of Vanilla pigment because it's ivory with a golden iridescence. When applied, it's very sheer and adds a little bit of miniscule shimmer. It's a great look alone on days when you don't wear much on the eyes, and it's also an amazing base that, like the Paint Pots are supposed to do, pick up a ton of pigment and make your powder shadows pop. I have better color payoff with this than UDPP, and with powder shadow over it, it usually doesn't crease for me, and I crease badly with no primer. When I wear this alone, I do use UDPP as a precaution against creasing. I love this and use it just about every day and would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 12:47:00 AM More reviews by trulylovely

I LOVE this product! I use it over UDPP, as I have super oily lids. Together, they make the perfect natural "no-eyeshadow" look, giving my eyes a slightly sparkly but clean look. This combination also works as the perfect eyeshadow base for me, as UDPP helps prevent my eyelids from getting oily, and Bare Study helps the shadow cling better, and gives the slightest bit of sparkle underneath any shadow. This is a must-have product for me, and I wear it every single day, either alone or under whatever eyeshadow I wear. Definite HG.