MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study

4.2

on 2/11/2008 1:39:00 PM

I REALLY wanted to like this. (sorry for bringing down the rating!) After reading the rave reviews, I bought this in Bare Study and in Reubenesque. Well, I don't know what I can be doing wrong, but this goes on me kind of splotchy and makes my eyelids look crepey. And I find it very hard to blend e/s over this stuff. I usually use UDPP and I never had this problem. I've used MAC Paints in Bare Canvas too, and I never had this problem. I have to say I'd prefer either UDPP or Paints over this product. The color is odd on me too. But it maybe because of the splotchyness.(?) I am just not thrilled. The Reubenesque is a little better color for me, but with this as well, I get a weird consistency/ texture resulting in a splotchy look on my lids. I will give these a few more days to try again, but I have a feeling they'll be going back to Nordstrom. I don't think I'll repurchase this product again. Unless I can figure out how to make it look right on me!

on 2/11/2008 12:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

If and when I run out I will definitely repurchase. I was looking for this effect in an e/s when I just happened to browse the PP and fell instantly in like w/this little jar. The color is incredibly beautiful, it's a shimmery pearl color, and a "my eyes look bright way". I use it w/mainly shimmery e/s colors to intensify that shimmery and for it's lasting power. I say hop on over to the MAC counter w/no m/u on and have them do you a mini makeover using this as an eyebase-bet you'll like it as much as I did :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

this was horrible, how disappointing. nothing special and not worth the money. get MAC paints instead - better coverage and more color

on 2/2/2008 8:32:00 PM

I purchased this after my huge disappointment with UDPP - somehow the UDPP works wonderfully for everybody but it always look blotchy on me, no matter how little I put on my lids. So I went ahead and bought bare study after hearing that it creates a great canvas for powder e/s and pigments. I don't have oily lids so this cream e/s stay fresh on my lids all day long. And on top of it, the color is insanely beautiful! I'm a fan of neutral's and I always reach for this paint pot everyday, whether I'm planning on wearing it alone or wear it under my favorite pigments: melon and gold mode. It really does intensify the colors of the e/s and pigments. Bare study is a pinkish, champagne shade with very fine shimmers - no glittery at all so it makes a great highlighter for my brow bones and cheek bones as well. I would definitely repurchase if I ever run out, which I highly doubt it. For $16.50 you get a lot of product out of it. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

My first paint pot, and it is gorgeous. Its a pinky/ beige color with a goldish tint to it.Its so creamy! and when its dry it dosen smudge or move! Very pretty!

on 1/28/2008 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with all the great reviews - this is easy to apply, longwearing, great alone or under other eyeshadow, not too awfully expensive for the amount that you get - very creamy and easy to blend. Very nice to use if you are in a hurry - it's that easy to work with. I have several Paint Pots and this is probably my favorite one of all. In fact, one of my most favorite cosmetics of all time. Bravo, MAC!

on 1/27/2008 7:37:00 PM

Essential item. Great with mascara for a simple natural look, nice highlighter but not overly shiny, goes on smoothly, dries quickly, good packaging and lasts a long time. Doesn't crease and is great for people who wear contact lenses.

on 1/27/2008 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

color: pinky/beige pearl, shimmery without being frosty, gives my eyelid a very translucent, seemingly natural glow, looks great paired with eyeliner & mascara for easy/casual look

formula: lasts on my lids, makes eyeshadows brighter and more vivid when layered over bare study

perfect color for simple makeup + great base + long-wearing formula = ♥ ♥ continued >>

on 1/23/2008 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am Asian with NC25 skin, dark hair and eyes.

What I like:
= Bare Study is such a beautiful, pearly shade. When applied on my eyelids, the color blends so beautifully with my skin tone that it looks like my skin, but better, brighter, and more luminous!
= A teeeeny-weeny bit goes a long way, so this will last for ages before I need to get a new one.
= It's a great base for other colors. I like layering colors like Goldmine, Fab n Flash or Bronze over it for a natural metallic glow. It looks great on its own too.
= The color doesn't crease on me and stays all day long without fading or flaking.
= It's a great highlighter/browbone color as well and deliver a natural luminosity to skin.

What I don't like:
= It can be hard to blend (or maybe I"m just not doing it right) because it tends to dry fairly quickly and rubbing it will only cause it to flake and look uneven and clumpy.

Will repurchase, if and when I finally run out of this great product!

For more tips, reviews, and makeup tutorials, check out my blog at http://minimerlin.blogspot.com!

on 1/17/2008 9:52:00 PM

I love Bare Study. It is the perfect eyeshadow when I want a quick wash of color that looks natural and pretty, and I love the shimmer. This looks great with lots of other colors, and I wear it almost every day. I was hoping that I could use it without UDPP underneath, but it still creases without it on me.