BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

3.1

water * octyldodecanol * glycerin * cetyl dimethicone * glyceryl stearate * tapioca starch * phenyl trimethicone * potassium cetyl phosphate * cyclopentasiloxane * titanium dioxide * phenoxyethanol * tribehenin * sesame seed oil * caprylyl glycol * mica * behenyl alcohol * cetyl alcohol * polyacrylate 13 * sweet almond seed extract * carbomer * PEG-100 stearate * polylsobutene * aminomethyl propanol * benzophenone-4 * butylene glycol * sorbic acid * lentinus edodes extract * disodium EDTA * BHT * iron oxides * fragrance * sorbitan isostearate * raspberry fruit extract * anthemis nobilis flower extract * polysorbate 20 * sodium methylparaben * algae extract * tin oxide * sodium propylparaben * sodium ethylparaben * methylparaben * linalool * propylene glycol * ethylparaben * butylparaben * chlorphenesin * red33 * citric acid * propylparaben * isobutylparaben * sodium dehydroacetate

I've found that this stuff is great for in the evenings when I go out. It evens out my skin and gets rid of oiliness from during the day and makes my skin glow. I've also found that it makes my skin photograph amazingly well. I don't usually use this during the day because I don't see much difference, but it's great to use to freshen up and give your skin a boost when it's tired looking. Since I don't use it every day, I don't really know how long it lasts, but I think it is a little pricey for the amount you get.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Like many others, I really wanted to love this product! Initially the cute packaging/name grabbed my attention - this is one area where Benefit always excels- they have a genius marketing/creative team. Of course the product description promised to perfect skin texture and give a radiant glow-- and many of the beauty editors of my fave fashion magazines were giving rave reviews-- so I dropped the nearly $30 to give it a whirl. Honestly, I cant say that it made too much of a difference. I have very fair skin and the pink tone of the product altered my skin to look a little cool/rosier than i would have liked. Im not sure what it did to really improve my skin-- but I kept using it in the vain hope that surely it had to be doing SOMETHING good. It wasnt great, wasnt terrible--Smells good and felt nice going on the skin, did have some softening properties. The worst thing I can say about That Gal is the SCANT amount of product actually contained in the tube- a measly ounce, which youre supposed to use on your entire face daily-- needless to say the tube ran out in a little over a month-- maybe two months max-- and to me that is not worth $30. I will not be repurchasing, was very dissapointed as I am normally a Benefit fan.

on 3/18/2008 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I may be in the minority here, but I like this stuff. It is a light pink shade. After using it for the first time, I found that I didn't need to use foundation, as it definitely covers flaws and uneven skin tone. The packaging isn't that great, however. You have to twist the tube to dispense the product, and it doesn't seem like there is much product in there. It is somewhat expensive for the amount of primer that you receive.

on 3/10/2008 8:44:00 PM

I've been conned by the hype for this product, the Benefit description of the product sounds like it would give me every thing- smaller pores, even skin tone, and a lovely glow- sadly I can't see a single one of these when I use it. In fact I'm not sure I can see that it does a single thing. I use it occasionally to justify its exsistence in my make up bag, but I really don't know what it does. It's a shame as it potentially could of been a great product, but in its present form is just a disapointment and waste of money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

i did not like this at all. it made my makeup look cakey and made me break out within hours of having it on. i got this because it said it would "brighten" and it did not do that. if you want that effect try high beam by benefit. has the same effect and a heck of a lot cheaper :)

I bought this on a whim when I went to try on Thrrrob at the BeneFit counter. I find a lot of their products gimmicky, so I didn't have high expectations of this, but since my skin has seemed to go haywire these days, I've been on the hunt for a good primer to use under my foundation.

For reference, I've used Smashbox (the original one) which I hated... MAC Prep & Prime (which I didn't care for), the Prep & Prime Protect (which I like), and NARS (which I like, but hate the squeeze tube.)

I have combo skin with any oily t-zone... lately, I've been getting breakouts (not sure if it's my hair products or just stress/hormones).

I like the convenience of this twist-up tube. It's easy to just put a dot on nose, cheeks, forehead and chin and then blend in. I was scared of the pink color, but it really just blends in and brightens the face a little bit.

I've worn this under Chanel DPF powder compact and Prescriptives Anywear foundation stick, and it's given a nice luminous effect under both. It doesn't offer any oil control or sun protectiion, but it does help the foundation to go on more smoothly.

Overall, I would probably repurchase if I ran out (which, based on previous reviews, may be soon, since the package is so small!) continued >>

on 2/22/2008 2:48:00 PM

I so wanted to love this product I really did....I loved the packaging and the *that gal* campaign at Sephora...I'd even watched makeovers on QVC using this and there was no stopping me buying this. I was so excited the day it arrived and thought it would be the anwser to my make up routine and would wake my whole face up. However, on me it only gave me a greasy face and did nothing to *brighten* my complexion. I'd tried it both under and on top of makeover and seemed to get the same effect. In fact, today at work two people commented that I looked tired (loving that gal a lot less after that!!)

on 2/20/2008 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

let me start by saying i've never used a primer before but i really like how this one evens out my skin and adds just a little bit of glow.. I wear it alone sometimes but mostly with some kind of gorgeous by Benefit. Luckily that product fits my skin tone to a tee.. I really like the natural look that both of them give. Some reviewers say that it runs out quite fast but i find using more didn't give me anymore coverage so i've scaled back how much I use and i've been quite happy. EDIT: i used this everyday for about six weeks and it got over.. I now realize what other people were talking about! i looked at the amount of product for the price and i was SHOCKED! (it's only one third of an ounce!) all the other primers in are double if not triple the amount of product for the same price point.. I'm really disappointed in benefit.. I'm now looking for another great primer..

I was afraid to buy this after the reviews I read on here.But after trying it out at sephora, I decided to buy it.I had only tried a little bit on my hand for sanitary purposes at the store.So after I tried the one I bought on my face I was pretty happy.I dont wear foundation so I was looking for something to brighten my face and improve the overall look.It did just that.The pink is very subtle giving a nice glow over the face but looking real at the same time.It stayed matte all day which is an important quality to me.Plus it actually made my pores look slightly smaller,another added bonus.I have tried alot of primers,but this one is far better on my combination skin.I cant say how it reacts with foundation or mineral makeup but for those who want to enhance their bare skin this is a great product.

on 2/15/2008 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'll admit it. Truly, I think I bought this mainly because I was attracted to the oh so pretty packaging!

This was really worthless to me. It didn't brighten my face and it didn't help smooth out foundation application. To sum it up, it's a pointless, piece of BeneFit packaging trickery.

Don't buy this. I only have it 2 stars because it doesn't have negative results.

Also, it's WAY overpriced. You can buy useless makeup primers for less than $5.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products