BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

3.1

water * octyldodecanol * glycerin * cetyl dimethicone * glyceryl stearate * tapioca starch * phenyl trimethicone * potassium cetyl phosphate * cyclopentasiloxane * titanium dioxide * phenoxyethanol * tribehenin * sesame seed oil * caprylyl glycol * mica * behenyl alcohol * cetyl alcohol * polyacrylate 13 * sweet almond seed extract * carbomer * PEG-100 stearate * polylsobutene * aminomethyl propanol * benzophenone-4 * butylene glycol * sorbic acid * lentinus edodes extract * disodium EDTA * BHT * iron oxides * fragrance * sorbitan isostearate * raspberry fruit extract * anthemis nobilis flower extract * polysorbate 20 * sodium methylparaben * algae extract * tin oxide * sodium propylparaben * sodium ethylparaben * methylparaben * linalool * propylene glycol * ethylparaben * butylparaben * chlorphenesin * red33 * citric acid * propylparaben * isobutylparaben * sodium dehydroacetate

on 4/7/2008 10:47:00 PM

I've had this for several months now, and it sits unused in my kit. When I picked it up at Sephora on a whim (hadn't read about it on here beforehand) it was because of the awesome smell and that the tester made the back of my hand look really nice. Now that I've read through a bunch of these reviews, I feel I need to get it back out and give it another whirl, but I don't recall it doing anything at all for my skin except giving me a decent base to work from. The texture really had me worried that it would clog my pores, but I had no major incidents. I agree that this is a super-piddly amount of product for daily use, but I think the twister and little squeeze holes are neat! I'm going to wear it tomorrow to refresh my memory and see how it does.
Update 4/11/08: Mm, yes. So I wore it yesterday under my mineral makeup, and didn't notice anything different except that my makeup migrated into my wee creases and stuck there! I wasn't able to easily rub it back in, so I looked a little crappier than usual wearing this. I shall designate it for makeup-free Sundays from here on out. Maybe when I'm feeling brave I'll try it under wet foundation.

on 4/5/2008 6:51:00 PM

I got a free sample of That Gal, so I can't really comment on the price, but I am glad I didn't waste any money on this. It just didn't do anything for me, I didn't get any color from this what so ever. I noticed a lot of people talk about how pink it is, but when I rubbed it on my skin, it disappeared. I thought I saw maybe a slight glow, but I get the same glow from rubbing a good moisturizer on my skin. I think people expecting a transfomation will be sorely disappointed.

on 4/5/2008 2:08:00 PM

Really pretty packaging, lovely smell, guess the rosiness didn't show up much because my skin is pretty sallow but my face did look a bit brighter or maybe its just psychological? Can live with it, can live without it so I guess I will do without it in the future cos the quantity is really small for the price.

on 3/29/2008 3:23:00 AM

I like this, but honestly, Monistat anti-chafing gel works better and is half the price.

Great! The packaging is ACE, and it leaves my skin rosy and glowy and springy looking. Perfect to use with Georgia or Dandelion or any clear facial powder. Looks gorgeous on skin witouth anything else, too.

on 3/27/2008 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Like many others, I really wanted to like this product. I looked it up, and the reviews seemed to be okay, so i bought it.

I have tanned skin - so the pink seriously didn't show up at all. To be honest, I really couldn't see any difference. My skin felt a lot heavier, and really artificial throughout the day.

The only plus is the packaging. Benefit's packaging is awesome, so cute!

Oh, and it's incredibly expensive. Around fifty something AUD for a really tiny amount. SO not worth it.

I have fair-medium skin with both pink and yellow undertones...here's what didn't work for me

CONS
- the scent was a bit distracting from the other scents that i wear.. didn't really like that...
- too pink for me, i guess i don't really need a skin "brightener" and feel that adding pink to my skin doesn't even out my skintone since my skin already has a balance between pink and yellow.
- not enough in the container for the price !!
- my makeup didn't stay on for very long either :(

I've found that this stuff is great for in the evenings when I go out. It evens out my skin and gets rid of oiliness from during the day and makes my skin glow. I've also found that it makes my skin photograph amazingly well. I don't usually use this during the day because I don't see much difference, but it's great to use to freshen up and give your skin a boost when it's tired looking. Since I don't use it every day, I don't really know how long it lasts, but I think it is a little pricey for the amount you get.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Like many others, I really wanted to love this product! Initially the cute packaging/name grabbed my attention - this is one area where Benefit always excels- they have a genius marketing/creative team. Of course the product description promised to perfect skin texture and give a radiant glow-- and many of the beauty editors of my fave fashion magazines were giving rave reviews-- so I dropped the nearly $30 to give it a whirl. Honestly, I cant say that it made too much of a difference. I have very fair skin and the pink tone of the product altered my skin to look a little cool/rosier than i would have liked. Im not sure what it did to really improve my skin-- but I kept using it in the vain hope that surely it had to be doing SOMETHING good. It wasnt great, wasnt terrible--Smells good and felt nice going on the skin, did have some softening properties. The worst thing I can say about That Gal is the SCANT amount of product actually contained in the tube- a measly ounce, which youre supposed to use on your entire face daily-- needless to say the tube ran out in a little over a month-- maybe two months max-- and to me that is not worth $30. I will not be repurchasing, was very dissapointed as I am normally a Benefit fan.

on 3/18/2008 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I may be in the minority here, but I like this stuff. It is a light pink shade. After using it for the first time, I found that I didn't need to use foundation, as it definitely covers flaws and uneven skin tone. The packaging isn't that great, however. You have to twist the tube to dispense the product, and it doesn't seem like there is much product in there. It is somewhat expensive for the amount of primer that you receive.

Popular Primer/ Correctors