December 20, 2014 | 1590 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2008 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Bombshell00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I may be in the minority here, but I like this stuff. It is a light pink shade. After using it for the first time, I found that I didn't need to use foundation, as it definitely covers flaws and uneven skin tone. The packaging isn't that great, however. You have to twist the tube to dispense the product, and it doesn't seem like there is much product in there. It is somewhat expensive for the amount of primer that you receive.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by domino23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been conned by the hype for this product, the Benefit description of the product sounds like it would give me every thing- smaller pores, even skin tone, and a lovely glow- sadly I can't see a single one of these when I use it. In fact I'm not sure I can see that it does a single thing. I use it occasionally to justify its exsistence in my make up bag, but I really don't know what it does. It's a shame as it potentially could of been a great product, but in its present form is just a disapointment and waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by mysticalgal16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i did not like this at all. it made my makeup look cakey and made me break out within hours of having it on. i got this because it said it would "brighten" and it did not do that. if you want that effect try high beam by benefit. has the same effect and a heck of a lot cheaper :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 4:38:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I bought this on a whim when I went to try on Thrrrob at the BeneFit counter. I find a lot of their products gimmicky, so I didn't have high expectations of this, but since my skin has seemed to go haywire these days, I've been on the hunt for a good primer to use under my foundation.

For reference, I've used Smashbox (the original one) which I hated... MAC Prep & Prime (which I didn't care for), the Prep & Prime Protect (which I like), and NARS (which I like, but hate the squeeze tube.)

I have combo skin with any oily t-zone... lately, I've been getting breakouts (not sure if it's my hair products or just stress/hormones).

I like the convenience of this twist-up tube. It's easy to just put a dot on nose, cheeks, forehead and chin and then blend in. I was scared of the pink color, but it really just blends in and brightens the face a little bit.

I've worn this under Chanel DPF powder compact and Prescriptives Anywear foundation stick, and it's given a nice luminous effect under both. It doesn't offer any oil control or sun protectiion, but it does help the foundation to go on more smoothly.

Overall, I would probably repurchase if I ran out (which, based on previous reviews, may be soon, since the package is so small!) continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by dlkarp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I so wanted to love this product I really did....I loved the packaging and the *that gal* campaign at Sephora...I'd even watched makeovers on QVC using this and there was no stopping me buying this. I was so excited the day it arrived and thought it would be the anwser to my make up routine and would wake my whole face up. However, on me it only gave me a greasy face and did nothing to *brighten* my complexion. I'd tried it both under and on top of makeover and seemed to get the same effect. In fact, today at work two people commented that I looked tired (loving that gal a lot less after that!!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

let me start by saying i've never used a primer before but i really like how this one evens out my skin and adds just a little bit of glow.. I wear it alone sometimes but mostly with some kind of gorgeous by Benefit. Luckily that product fits my skin tone to a tee.. I really like the natural look that both of them give. Some reviewers say that it runs out quite fast but i find using more didn't give me anymore coverage so i've scaled back how much I use and i've been quite happy. EDIT: i used this everyday for about six weeks and it got over.. I now realize what other people were talking about! i looked at the amount of product for the price and i was SHOCKED! (it's only one third of an ounce!) all the other primers in are double if not triple the amount of product for the same price point.. I'm really disappointed in benefit.. I'm now looking for another great primer..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by longhairdreams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was afraid to buy this after the reviews I read on here.But after trying it out at sephora, I decided to buy it.I had only tried a little bit on my hand for sanitary purposes at the store.So after I tried the one I bought on my face I was pretty happy.I dont wear foundation so I was looking for something to brighten my face and improve the overall look.It did just that.The pink is very subtle giving a nice glow over the face but looking real at the same time.It stayed matte all day which is an important quality to me.Plus it actually made my pores look slightly smaller,another added bonus.I have tried alot of primers,but this one is far better on my combination skin.I cant say how it reacts with foundation or mineral makeup but for those who want to enhance their bare skin this is a great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by kcappella

I'll admit it. Truly, I think I bought this mainly because I was attracted to the oh so pretty packaging!

This was really worthless to me. It didn't brighten my face and it didn't help smooth out foundation application. To sum it up, it's a pointless, piece of BeneFit packaging trickery.

Don't buy this. I only have it 2 stars because it doesn't have negative results.

Also, it's WAY overpriced. You can buy useless makeup primers for less than $5.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by wertmangrg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is so nice. I like it with or without makeup. I am very oily and I feel like it keeps oil in check. It is really fresh and seems to really give me a clean even surface and minimizes pores. My friend just pointed out there is Rasberry and chamomile, no wonder I feel calm and brighter. This is my favorite Benefit product to date! perfect, and still going with my tube after 2 and a half months!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by iamsnazzy

I generally love Benefit products and have never been dissapointed, so I bought this on a whim, and I am very happy. I can't understand why this flakes on some people when used with moisturiser, I have never had any problems. I use it for a subtle glow and to mattify my skin without looking fake, and it does the job perfectly.
My mum has been using it aswell, but with 'Some Kind-A Gorgeous' on top, and she is very impressed, too.
I only need to use a little bit of it, so it has been lasting well, but if and when I do run out, I will buy it again.