April 19, 2014 | 1737 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by wertmangrg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is so nice. I like it with or without makeup. I am very oily and I feel like it keeps oil in check. It is really fresh and seems to really give me a clean even surface and minimizes pores. My friend just pointed out there is Rasberry and chamomile, no wonder I feel calm and brighter. This is my favorite Benefit product to date! perfect, and still going with my tube after 2 and a half months!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by iamsnazzy

I generally love Benefit products and have never been dissapointed, so I bought this on a whim, and I am very happy. I can't understand why this flakes on some people when used with moisturiser, I have never had any problems. I use it for a subtle glow and to mattify my skin without looking fake, and it does the job perfectly.
My mum has been using it aswell, but with 'Some Kind-A Gorgeous' on top, and she is very impressed, too.
I only need to use a little bit of it, so it has been lasting well, but if and when I do run out, I will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

=sigh= i love this product, but i can't justify $27 dollars loving it for what it actually does.

i hate the smell, and i really don't know what they were thinking when they labeled it a primer. it's a highlighter.

i have dry skin but i love the full coverage of EL Double Wear foundation. needless to say, with it being winter in new england, my face has been looking a little lifeless lately once it's flawlessly covered. and dry. and matte. adding That Gal over top, especially on my cheekbones/temples makes a major, positive difference.

but i'm sure that there's a highlighter out there that can do the same or better for me without costing $30, or giving me a lot more product for $30.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2007 5:26:00 AM More reviews by redjjojin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Like a lot of people, I was lured by the pretty packaging. It didn't do a great job of "priming" my face. It just felt like a normal moisturizer with a pretty color and smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2007 8:13:00 PM More reviews by brunettecouture

Ok, so, let me first say, that I saw this on the BeneFit website and had to have it. I sometimes look a little tired and washed out, and a radiant pink glow was exactly what I needed! Firstly, the "Pink glow" is a little too subtle for me, I wouldnt even really call it pink, I think it made my skin just look freshly moisturised.
I'll explain my ratings. I gave it overall a 4, because I mixed it with my MAC Prep&Prime, and because it didnt, you know, set my face on fire, for that I can give it a 4. Also the pinkness of the cream is really nice, even if it didnt show up on my face. The price I gave a 3 because to me, thats the middle. I gave the packaging a 5, because its cute. I would CONSIDER buying this product again, but I could probably live without it, and use another primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2007 9:04:00 AM More reviews by alicology

I have no idea why I keep buying Benefit products when they usually disappoint me. As someone who doesn't usually wear foundation, I thought this product would give me a natural but slightly more radiant appearance, but while the chamomile toned down the redness of my skin a tiny bit, I definitely didn't notice 'clear complexion radiance'. I also don't see the point of putting your foundation OVER this stuff. Using a good moisturiser before applying make-up is sufficient enough for me. I did apply tinted moisturiser over this once, and got lovely pink flakes for my trouble; if you are applying foundation over this be sure to let it sink in properly first.

The product isn't great value, either. 19.50 gets you 11ml which only lasted for a couple of months. If you want a dewy look with minimal coverage, save your money for something else. If you want a somewhat superfluous pink lotion that smells like bubblegum mixed with antiseptic, go for this product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2007 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing this in the place of my tinted moisturizer for the past few days. I don't really have anything *bad* to say about it, but like others have mentioned, it's nothing to scream and shout about either. It has a pleasant fragrance, and it hasn't irritated my skin or caused me to breakout or anything. It seems to make my skin look and feel a bit softer and smoother when I use it, but it's supposed to be a primer for your makeup, which is why I bought it. Sadly, it does not perform as well as I had hoped as a primer (doesn't seem to make my makeup last any longer, doesn't keep shine away, etc, etc.). And although it's okay by itself in place of my tinted moisturizer, it's unable to do things that my tinted moisturizer can- like even out my complexion, and give my skin that "polished" look. I will continue to use it because I hate to waste, and I will try it under my tinted moisturizer, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The effect of this way way too subtle for me. So subtle that I really didn't notice anything from it. It just didn't seem necessary to put yet another product on my face during the day. It just seemed like an unnesseccary step. Cute packaging though (of course).
UPDATE: This made me break out. I wasn't sure if it was the product (but I suspected it) so I stopped -- and then when I came back and tried it again the clogged pores and pimples started immediately. When you think about it, why would you need something else on your face? I think this just adds another layer and makes it so my skin can't breathe. No likey.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by cg277

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It works well in that it adds moisture before you apply foundation. Foundation goes on smoother. The smell is nice. I don't particularly like the way it comes out because it can get kind of messy. But I still like it. This is kind of pricey for a primer that works as well as others but the packaging is cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by kimmie578

I personally love this product. I live Denver, where it is very dry sometimes, and That Gal gives me some added moisture before putting on powder. I also have an uneven skin tone, and when I use this product it seems to even it out a bit and add some glow. It is expensive (high 20's) but I don't care because I love what it does for me and my skin. Smells nice too.