BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

3.1

water * octyldodecanol * glycerin * cetyl dimethicone * glyceryl stearate * tapioca starch * phenyl trimethicone * potassium cetyl phosphate * cyclopentasiloxane * titanium dioxide * phenoxyethanol * tribehenin * sesame seed oil * caprylyl glycol * mica * behenyl alcohol * cetyl alcohol * polyacrylate 13 * sweet almond seed extract * carbomer * PEG-100 stearate * polylsobutene * aminomethyl propanol * benzophenone-4 * butylene glycol * sorbic acid * lentinus edodes extract * disodium EDTA * BHT * iron oxides * fragrance * sorbitan isostearate * raspberry fruit extract * anthemis nobilis flower extract * polysorbate 20 * sodium methylparaben * algae extract * tin oxide * sodium propylparaben * sodium ethylparaben * methylparaben * linalool * propylene glycol * ethylparaben * butylparaben * chlorphenesin * red33 * citric acid * propylparaben * isobutylparaben * sodium dehydroacetate

on 4/29/2008 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really good product for normal/dry skins, smells delicious and will smooth out any dry patches and brighten complexion so makeup glides on smoother. Will not work that well on oily skin since it has nothing in it to control oil... Having said that this stuff has other uses: you can use it as a blush primer for BE and other Benefit box powders, also works well to refresh undereye concealer...Oh and make sure not to leave it uncapped cuz itll dry out and get clogged

on 4/13/2008 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This was the first product I bought from Benefit, and I absolutely loved it. I have a generally clear NC35 olive complexion, but this just smoothed it all out, covering up slights, and redness. And the smell, oh, so sweet! Sure, it isn't going to last as long as some other primers, but for 'This Gal' that only previously wore moisturiser, and lip gloss - this is just enough for me (teamed with Some Kind of Gorgeous) Definitely buying again!

on 4/11/2008 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product under some kind of gorgeous it really brings a glow to my face and really helps everything look finished. I dont use this as an all over primer but just dab it where I want to bring highlight to my skin. I agree this is pricey but until I find something similar for less that gal will be me spending my $28 bucks

on 4/7/2008 10:47:00 PM

I've had this for several months now, and it sits unused in my kit. When I picked it up at Sephora on a whim (hadn't read about it on here beforehand) it was because of the awesome smell and that the tester made the back of my hand look really nice. Now that I've read through a bunch of these reviews, I feel I need to get it back out and give it another whirl, but I don't recall it doing anything at all for my skin except giving me a decent base to work from. The texture really had me worried that it would clog my pores, but I had no major incidents. I agree that this is a super-piddly amount of product for daily use, but I think the twister and little squeeze holes are neat! I'm going to wear it tomorrow to refresh my memory and see how it does.
Update 4/11/08: Mm, yes. So I wore it yesterday under my mineral makeup, and didn't notice anything different except that my makeup migrated into my wee creases and stuck there! I wasn't able to easily rub it back in, so I looked a little crappier than usual wearing this. I shall designate it for makeup-free Sundays from here on out. Maybe when I'm feeling brave I'll try it under wet foundation.

on 4/5/2008 6:51:00 PM

I got a free sample of That Gal, so I can't really comment on the price, but I am glad I didn't waste any money on this. It just didn't do anything for me, I didn't get any color from this what so ever. I noticed a lot of people talk about how pink it is, but when I rubbed it on my skin, it disappeared. I thought I saw maybe a slight glow, but I get the same glow from rubbing a good moisturizer on my skin. I think people expecting a transfomation will be sorely disappointed.

on 4/5/2008 2:08:00 PM

Really pretty packaging, lovely smell, guess the rosiness didn't show up much because my skin is pretty sallow but my face did look a bit brighter or maybe its just psychological? Can live with it, can live without it so I guess I will do without it in the future cos the quantity is really small for the price.

on 3/29/2008 3:23:00 AM

I like this, but honestly, Monistat anti-chafing gel works better and is half the price.

Great! The packaging is ACE, and it leaves my skin rosy and glowy and springy looking. Perfect to use with Georgia or Dandelion or any clear facial powder. Looks gorgeous on skin witouth anything else, too.

on 3/27/2008 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Like many others, I really wanted to like this product. I looked it up, and the reviews seemed to be okay, so i bought it.

I have tanned skin - so the pink seriously didn't show up at all. To be honest, I really couldn't see any difference. My skin felt a lot heavier, and really artificial throughout the day.

The only plus is the packaging. Benefit's packaging is awesome, so cute!

Oh, and it's incredibly expensive. Around fifty something AUD for a really tiny amount. SO not worth it.

I have fair-medium skin with both pink and yellow undertones...here's what didn't work for me

CONS
- the scent was a bit distracting from the other scents that i wear.. didn't really like that...
- too pink for me, i guess i don't really need a skin "brightener" and feel that adding pink to my skin doesn't even out my skintone since my skin already has a balance between pink and yellow.
- not enough in the container for the price !!
- my makeup didn't stay on for very long either :(