August 22, 2014 | 1757 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by hazecat

This is my favourite lip balm! I really hate lip balms with mint or menthol in them, they sting my sensitive lips, so the neutral, slightly fruity taste and feel of this lip balm is fantastic. It's a bit pricey, but I find it adds just a little bit of colour which is fabulous to wear casually or even to go out with, so it doubles as lipstick and saves me the money! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by JasmineMago

This is my favorite lip balm. It is not oily and has a pleasant, natural smell. I often apply this first and then follow with lip liner and lipstick or gloss. Highly recommend this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by heavendelivered

I dont like that there is not spf. It goes on smooth but does not help super chapped lips nor does it have lasting power. Does not feel as it moisturizes enough. It's good for under lipstick or gloss when you don't want a heavy product. The smell is ok not one of my favorites reminds me of medicine at times but not too overpowering.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by vickpezz

Went to CVS because I lost my favorite lip moisturizer (Vaseline's Lip Therapy). They didn't have it so I bought this one because I always hear how everyone loves Burt's Bees. It was uber expensive for a chapstick ($3.29 vs the $.98 I pay for lip therapy). Hate the smell. Doesn't feel great when your lips are dry. Overall, I will not repurchase and go back to my cheap and effective Vaseline Lip Therapy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by prblms4loki

I love Burt's Bees. I really like all of their lip balms and this one is no exception.

I like the minty feeling of the original, but this is nice for the times when you don't want to perfume the air around you with that strong minty smell. And like everyone else said, it's got a nice rich color in the tube and just adds on a teensy bit of color to your lips. No biggie if you don't like color, but it's nowhere near the intensity of cherry chapstick, I'd have to say. Then again, I really disliked cherry chapstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

This, like the original and the Honey Burt's lip balms, is pretty moisturizing and is a good quality lip balm. There are a couple things that hold it back though. My biggest beef with it is that it tints your lips (others probably love this). I like my lip balms to be clear. It's the same reason why I don't really care for Cherry ChapStick. I also wish it had SPF. I would probably use it more if it did.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by kiskadeett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it! I love the smell. I love the texture. I love the color. I love the moisturization. My lips feel so soft and smooth from using this and it only takes a few minutes for it to absorb. It's a keeper for winter that's for sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't say I really like the smell of this stuff either (smells a little odd but tolerable) but it makes my lips nice and soft. It has average staying power and leaves a slight red tinge to my lips. It's a little expensive for a lip balm but so worth it. I have 2 of these that I always carry with me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by MDgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I ♥ everything pomegranate so I couldn't wait to purchase this lip balm! So here is the review:
1. The smell was peculiar. I was expecting something fruity (pomegranate, duh!) but instead noticed a strong, curious not so minty scent.
2. The texture was nice and smooth. Not greasy or waxy. I love the all natural ingredients.
3. The color in the tube is a beautiful beet red but came on clear on my lips which was fine.
4. The result~ nice smooth lips that weren't that weren't hydrated but not chapped, either.
********************************************************************
I prefer the Yes To Carrots lip balm because it beats this one on every count! So this is a one time purchase for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by acollis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great lip balm, and not that expensive compared to the $25 stuff at Sephora that has more artificial ingredients. The smell is nice and not that strong, and the hint of color is great. It doesn't stay on long, but it's lip balm--easy to reapply. This is the only lip balm I've found that I like as well as regular Burt's and almost as well as the much more expensive Fresh Sugar (which does last much longer). I do wish they'd explain whether the ingredient "fragrance" is naturally or artificially made. Relative to regular Burt's Bees (peppermint) lip balm, this is a little smoother and less waxy. I prefer the pomegranate to the regular balm for everyday use, but I prefer the soothing peppermint in the regular balm for chapped lips.