Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a fantastic balm. It really moisturises your lips rather than just sitting on top. I like this better than the original for two reasons - it isn't minty and it glides on more easily. I have been a big Burt's Bees fan for years and this just proves how good they are yet again.

on 5/17/2009 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

i LOVE this chapstick! my only gripe is that it doesnt really smell like pomegrante, but other than that, its good!

on 5/14/2009 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

It works fine. But the original is better. The smell/taste is awful! It's not pomegranate.

on 5/14/2009 11:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

one word = WOW

on 5/13/2009 11:41:00 AM

I'm not impressed by this balm. The scent is nice - not really like a pomegranite, but mild and fresh, not overwhelming or fake-fruity like so many lip balms. But I don't feel like it's very moisturizing - it's an oilier (rather than waxy) balm, and it has no staying power. It either dries or gets sucked into my lips after a few minutes, so I feel like I need to constantly re-apply. I don't notice any tint. Also, no SPF.
I like it better than a lot of flavored or overly scented balms because it doesn't constantly assault my senses with fakeness - but I don't think I'd bother to repurchase.

on 5/12/2009 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this lip balm, I am pretty impressed. It smells nice too!! I loooove it <333

on 5/11/2009 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really like this! It smells amazing and feels great, It doesnt stay on really long, so I loved keeping it in my pocket to apply every so often. But then I lost it :( I would definatly buy it again though. But I want to try the honey one, so after that one!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this chapstick. It gives my lips a very subtle reddish tinge, moisturizes, doesn't melt, and isn't too dry or too greasy. It also smells really good. I wouldn't say it smells like pomegranate, but it's a strong, sweet, vaguely fruit-like scent. I just wish it had SPF... that would make it perfect.

on 5/4/2009 4:15:00 AM

This lip balm does not replenish, nor does it smell or taste like pomegranate...and nor does it REPLENISH anything close to your lips. Its like a layer of nothing after 5 minutes after application. It dries out very quickly. I think this is their worst product by far, and I love this company. Very disappointing.

on 5/2/2009 6:24:00 AM

It's chapstick! I have had an erie relationship with Burts Bees due to a surplus of mini products that I received from everyone at Christmas. Of course, I had asked for it because I was really curious to investigate the dealio behind this more natural brand. I found a mixed bag of results....
For starters I would like to talk about my dislikes with their lotion products... granted they are made with bee-byproducts, but seriously- why the stickiness factor? I brought all my lotion leftovers to the office so "that guy" who is always hovering over my desk to swipe the last tissue, use up my hand sanitizer, and swipe from my lotion stash could actually use something that I am not dependant on.
Now on to the main attraction, their chapsticks, specifically the Pomegrantie formula has become a staple in my purse. I love it, it actually moisturizes without drying out my lips (therefore I am automatically giving 4 lippies for this breakthrough). The only downfall, as I noticed someone else had already noted- was that this product contained no SPF. For a product that boasts natural, the type of crowd that this would appeal to are looking for health-friendly products. I am hoping they come around, because this is an important factor for me (docking a lippie).
Lastly, their other chapsticks are good too, however they need to be broken in- the smooth application is only apparent after the initial surface is worn away.

Popular Lip Treatments