April 24, 2014 | 1936 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2004 9:53:00 PM More reviews by eureka

This is a great cleanser, and the only one that works for my oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2004 9:19:00 AM More reviews by nastycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In Fresh's catalog, it says "this is the soap to reach for when you feel a spot starting to make its unwelcome presence noticed."
I tried it, I liked it.
as has been previously mentioned, it WILL dry out your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2004 8:59:00 PM More reviews by vojnovica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have extremely sensitive combination skin and so far, this is the only cleanser that hasn't left redness or made my skin sting.

It does leave skin feeling quite tight (but clean!) afterwards but that could be fixed by applying toner and moisturiser (I use eau roma water toner & imperialis moisturiser) immediately after (or else you'll be as dry as a prune!).

My skin is definately looking better with much less breakouts. I like the fact that it doesn't lather/bubble, doesn't have an overwhelming smell, washes off easily and is all natural.

A cube of this stuff will last you ages.

$11.50AUS for 100g

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2004 1:55:00 AM More reviews by huili82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is really for those with extremely oily skin. It's really not suitable for dry/sensitive skin, although it's designed for senstive skin. I have combi/sensitive skin, my skin was so squeky clean to the extend it felt tight. I cant put this on for anytime longer than 30 secs. It's extremely drying. So I'd just use it once a week to zap the oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2004 2:14:00 PM More reviews by cleanserholic

I love the way this cleanser looks and smells, like a block of pink cheese with flowers draped all over it. It felt nice lathering it all over my skin but it left my dry, sensitive skin feeling tight. It did blast away some pimples though, but I wouldn't buy it again. It would be a good cleanser for someone with oily or acne-prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2004 11:09:00 AM More reviews by clkcurlyq

***ETA: This totally dried out my skin after less than a week. I'm not going to continue using it.***I was really hesitant to buy this because of all the bad reviews, but I got a sample when I was in the store the other day and it's great so far. My skin has turned incredibly oily and acne-prone in the last year, so I have tried a number of products to keep it under control. Large pores and blackheads have becomee an issue too. I was most recently using a cleanser with 10% benzoyl peroxide and after a break-out session I decided that if I was going to break out anyways, I might as well use a skin friendly cleanser. I've only been using this for about 4 days, but there is a noticeable difference in the size of my pores, and no new breakouts. It does make my skin a little dry (more so than the benzoyl peroxide cleanser), but I just follow up with Imperialis and everything is fine. I'll update after I use it for a while longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2004 7:38:00 PM More reviews by lushfan89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product comes in a bar form and smells very nice with little elderberry leaves draped on it. It lathered up well on my face and was easy to rinse off, but did not do anything for my complexion and dried out my skin a lot. I think it is more for people with oily skin, and my skin is probably normal/dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2004 10:07:00 PM More reviews by celedine

This comes in the form of a solid pinkish chunk with little peices of dried leafy/herby things on one side. As a cleanser it was just average. It wouldn't take away a lot of makeup, but it was enough for simple cleansing. It didn't leave my skin dry and bare-feeling. The scent was pleasant and not too strong. The texture was soft although it didn't lather much.

The one thing that bothered me about this is the fact that it melted and got quite messy. I tried to keep it dry, and when I did it would crack and go totally dry, and if I forgot to keep it in a dry place even for half a day it would start getting mushy. It would start with the surface getting slippery and soft - like a peice of clay watered down. This got worse until in the end it was just a pool of pink mushiness. I did use it till the end, since I'm like that and as a cleanser it wasn't that bad, but the mess and the trouble it gave me was just a big bother, so I won't be getting this again any time soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2004 4:58:00 PM More reviews by kitty0

Fresh Farmacy may be a little drying, but right now it is my salvation. I have only been using it for a week or two. My skin is clearing on a rapid basis and I am actually excited to wake up in the morning to see the progress. The calimine took the redness out almost instantly. You might want to keep it out of the shower though because it melts rather quickly. If you are combination acne prone and the harsher acid based products only worsen your condition give it a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2003 5:22:00 PM More reviews by EquoniWahya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry, sensitive skin, and all using Fresh Farmacy got me was even drier, blemish-covered skin. Partly my own fault, since I'm allergic to chamomile, but I still wouldn't recommend this to anyone.