LUSH Fresh Farmacy

3.6

Calamine Powder, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Decoction (Anthemis nobilis), Elderflower Decoction (Sambucus nigra), Rapeseed Oil; Sunflower Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Chamomilla recutita), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Sodium Chloride, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.

on 1/4/2005 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

sooo good and really really works. me and my sister buy loads of them from the 34th street store. my sister has psorasis and this soap REALLY makes it vanish from her face and i have a acne prone skin and it works wonders for me i use it every day twice a day for best results!!

on 12/30/2004 7:07:00 PM

The only reason I won't buy again is because my skin is pretty normal and on the drier side and I only use this for my chin and nose where it's oiler. My 50 chunk will last about 10 years because such a TINY amount is needed to clean. It is a nice creamy texture that rinses off fairly well. Sometimes it feels like a film is left behind but I just use toner to finish the job. If I had oily skin, I would definetely use this though because it helps to control oil and doesn't smell too bad either!

on 10/20/2004 8:16:00 PM

I originally got a sample of this in a swap, but since then I've traded for a huge block of it.

I have combination skin and tend to get pimples on my chin and at my hairline, so I figured it was worth a shot since I'm a certified LUSH worshipper. I haven't had any problems with dryness with this soap, it's actually left my skin super soft and smooth! I can't say I care for the smell, but it's not bad, just not what I normally would choose.

In the space of a couple of days, Fresh Farmacy cleared up the redness in my cheeks and across my nose, got rid of my pimples and the little bumps I get on my forehead and left my skin soft as a baby's bottom to boot. :)

This is a definite buy again product, it's definitely worth the price!

on 10/12/2004 7:03:00 AM

I bought the tiniest bar for $3, just to try this out. First, it isn't fair to judge this bar if you don't have oily or break out prone skin. It wasn't made for you! That said, I used it in the morning only on my oily and acne prone areas (namely my nose and chin). It is a bit drying, but in a good way. It has a light lather and a very herbal scent. It didn't irritate my skin or make break outs worse. For what it is, it is a nice cleanser for oily skin. And Lush products are so fun...so give it a try.

on 9/19/2004 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is very easy to use and doesn't irritate my skin -- which most cleansers do. Unfortunately it is too drying for my combo skin.

on 9/14/2004 9:08:00 AM

It totally dried my skin and made it feel squeacky and tight. Even my eyes were running when I got close to this cleanser.
Maybe good for very oily and not sensitive skin. Not me.

on 7/26/2004 9:01:00 PM

I purchased this for my normal to oily skin. It dried my skin out completely and did not do a thing for breakouts. Also, it totally melts when it gets wet. I guess this is only for VERY oily and/or troubled skin. It isn't too expensive though.

on 7/18/2004 11:13:00 AM

I have oily/combination skin and i use this after i've cleansed with Angels on Bare skin becase i find that this calms my skin down after the exfoliation. i haven't noticed my skin getting any drier unlike some other people who have used it. it is a great calming experience. one tip i have is that if you have a spot on your face, dampen your fresh farmacy and wipe a bit over the spot before you go to bed. when you wake up the spot will have dried up! and trust me it works every time!

on 6/8/2004 6:49:00 PM

I really like this, it calms my skin at the same time it removes oilies! It is very drying though so I definately use moisturizer afterward.

on 5/22/2004 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have read few product reviews with such differing commentary. I'm beginning to think that each batch of product is slightly different and therefore differs the results wildly. All I know is that I don't have very oily skin, but rather it varies from slightly oily to dry all year long (the rapid changes of season) and I have had lots of wonderful results from FF. Mine lathers just enough in my hands and I even use the bar itself to exfoliate a bit and my skin has never felt softer. I'm not prone to breakouts, but do have the occasional blemish (monthly) but using Fresh Farmacy really evened out my skin tone and made it feel soft and “normal”. I should say that I did change other parts of my skincare regime, as I often do, so I can't say with certainty that FF was solely responsible, but I have no cause to be disappointed. So far, I am really enjoying using this product and would recommend others to at least give it a try.