August 23, 2014 | 1925 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2004 6:49:00 PM More reviews by glamourmama

I really like this, it calms my skin at the same time it removes oilies! It is very drying though so I definately use moisturizer afterward.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 10:56:00 AM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have read few product reviews with such differing commentary. I'm beginning to think that each batch of product is slightly different and therefore differs the results wildly. All I know is that I don't have very oily skin, but rather it varies from slightly oily to dry all year long (the rapid changes of season) and I have had lots of wonderful results from FF. Mine lathers just enough in my hands and I even use the bar itself to exfoliate a bit and my skin has never felt softer. I'm not prone to breakouts, but do have the occasional blemish (monthly) but using Fresh Farmacy really evened out my skin tone and made it feel soft and “normal”. I should say that I did change other parts of my skincare regime, as I often do, so I can't say with certainty that FF was solely responsible, but I have no cause to be disappointed. So far, I am really enjoying using this product and would recommend others to at least give it a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2004 4:42:00 PM More reviews by sherpabeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the look of this cleanser. It looks like a block of pink cheese and smells quite nice. However, it is very drying. Those with very oily skin might find it helpful but I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2004 7:59:00 PM More reviews by elvish_penguin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is absolutely PERFECT for those with oily skin....and for people with acne. I keep breaking out.....this zaps my zits and keeps the oil under control. yay! Even prescription stuff I've tried have not worked as good. I don't find it very drying, but I can see how it would be if you already have normal or dry skin. This also helps get the redness out....great as a spot treatment at night. I love this stuff. And it lasts forever....you only need a little bit at a time. Its a great price too! Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2004 9:53:00 PM More reviews by eureka

This is a great cleanser, and the only one that works for my oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2004 9:19:00 AM More reviews by nastycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In Fresh's catalog, it says "this is the soap to reach for when you feel a spot starting to make its unwelcome presence noticed."
I tried it, I liked it.
as has been previously mentioned, it WILL dry out your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2004 8:59:00 PM More reviews by vojnovica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have extremely sensitive combination skin and so far, this is the only cleanser that hasn't left redness or made my skin sting.

It does leave skin feeling quite tight (but clean!) afterwards but that could be fixed by applying toner and moisturiser (I use eau roma water toner & imperialis moisturiser) immediately after (or else you'll be as dry as a prune!).

My skin is definately looking better with much less breakouts. I like the fact that it doesn't lather/bubble, doesn't have an overwhelming smell, washes off easily and is all natural.

A cube of this stuff will last you ages.

$11.50AUS for 100g

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2004 1:55:00 AM More reviews by huili82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is really for those with extremely oily skin. It's really not suitable for dry/sensitive skin, although it's designed for senstive skin. I have combi/sensitive skin, my skin was so squeky clean to the extend it felt tight. I cant put this on for anytime longer than 30 secs. It's extremely drying. So I'd just use it once a week to zap the oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2004 2:14:00 PM More reviews by cleanserholic

I love the way this cleanser looks and smells, like a block of pink cheese with flowers draped all over it. It felt nice lathering it all over my skin but it left my dry, sensitive skin feeling tight. It did blast away some pimples though, but I wouldn't buy it again. It would be a good cleanser for someone with oily or acne-prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2004 11:09:00 AM More reviews by clkcurlyq

***ETA: This totally dried out my skin after less than a week. I'm not going to continue using it.***I was really hesitant to buy this because of all the bad reviews, but I got a sample when I was in the store the other day and it's great so far. My skin has turned incredibly oily and acne-prone in the last year, so I have tried a number of products to keep it under control. Large pores and blackheads have becomee an issue too. I was most recently using a cleanser with 10% benzoyl peroxide and after a break-out session I decided that if I was going to break out anyways, I might as well use a skin friendly cleanser. I've only been using this for about 4 days, but there is a noticeable difference in the size of my pores, and no new breakouts. It does make my skin a little dry (more so than the benzoyl peroxide cleanser), but I just follow up with Imperialis and everything is fine. I'll update after I use it for a while longer.