April 18, 2014 | 1225 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2004 9:19:00 AM More reviews by nastycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In Fresh's catalog, it says "this is the soap to reach for when you feel a spot starting to make its unwelcome presence noticed."
I tried it, I liked it.
as has been previously mentioned, it WILL dry out your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2004 8:59:00 PM More reviews by vojnovica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have extremely sensitive combination skin and so far, this is the only cleanser that hasn't left redness or made my skin sting.

It does leave skin feeling quite tight (but clean!) afterwards but that could be fixed by applying toner and moisturiser (I use eau roma water toner & imperialis moisturiser) immediately after (or else you'll be as dry as a prune!).

My skin is definately looking better with much less breakouts. I like the fact that it doesn't lather/bubble, doesn't have an overwhelming smell, washes off easily and is all natural.

A cube of this stuff will last you ages.

$11.50AUS for 100g

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2004 1:55:00 AM More reviews by huili82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is really for those with extremely oily skin. It's really not suitable for dry/sensitive skin, although it's designed for senstive skin. I have combi/sensitive skin, my skin was so squeky clean to the extend it felt tight. I cant put this on for anytime longer than 30 secs. It's extremely drying. So I'd just use it once a week to zap the oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2004 2:14:00 PM More reviews by cleanserholic

I love the way this cleanser looks and smells, like a block of pink cheese with flowers draped all over it. It felt nice lathering it all over my skin but it left my dry, sensitive skin feeling tight. It did blast away some pimples though, but I wouldn't buy it again. It would be a good cleanser for someone with oily or acne-prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2004 11:09:00 AM More reviews by clkcurlyq

***ETA: This totally dried out my skin after less than a week. I'm not going to continue using it.***I was really hesitant to buy this because of all the bad reviews, but I got a sample when I was in the store the other day and it's great so far. My skin has turned incredibly oily and acne-prone in the last year, so I have tried a number of products to keep it under control. Large pores and blackheads have becomee an issue too. I was most recently using a cleanser with 10% benzoyl peroxide and after a break-out session I decided that if I was going to break out anyways, I might as well use a skin friendly cleanser. I've only been using this for about 4 days, but there is a noticeable difference in the size of my pores, and no new breakouts. It does make my skin a little dry (more so than the benzoyl peroxide cleanser), but I just follow up with Imperialis and everything is fine. I'll update after I use it for a while longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2004 7:38:00 PM More reviews by lushfan89

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product comes in a bar form and smells very nice with little elderberry leaves draped on it. It lathered up well on my face and was easy to rinse off, but did not do anything for my complexion and dried out my skin a lot. I think it is more for people with oily skin, and my skin is probably normal/dry.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2004 10:07:00 PM More reviews by celedine

This comes in the form of a solid pinkish chunk with little peices of dried leafy/herby things on one side. As a cleanser it was just average. It wouldn't take away a lot of makeup, but it was enough for simple cleansing. It didn't leave my skin dry and bare-feeling. The scent was pleasant and not too strong. The texture was soft although it didn't lather much.

The one thing that bothered me about this is the fact that it melted and got quite messy. I tried to keep it dry, and when I did it would crack and go totally dry, and if I forgot to keep it in a dry place even for half a day it would start getting mushy. It would start with the surface getting slippery and soft - like a peice of clay watered down. This got worse until in the end it was just a pool of pink mushiness. I did use it till the end, since I'm like that and as a cleanser it wasn't that bad, but the mess and the trouble it gave me was just a big bother, so I won't be getting this again any time soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2004 4:58:00 PM More reviews by kitty0

Fresh Farmacy may be a little drying, but right now it is my salvation. I have only been using it for a week or two. My skin is clearing on a rapid basis and I am actually excited to wake up in the morning to see the progress. The calimine took the redness out almost instantly. You might want to keep it out of the shower though because it melts rather quickly. If you are combination acne prone and the harsher acid based products only worsen your condition give it a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2003 5:22:00 PM More reviews by EquoniWahya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have dry, sensitive skin, and all using Fresh Farmacy got me was even drier, blemish-covered skin. Partly my own fault, since I'm allergic to chamomile, but I still wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2003 8:42:00 PM More reviews by KommunistSmurf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product if you have sensitive skin and prefer to have a soap that lathers. It doesn't really lather but it has the illusion of lather. For extremely sensitive or dry skin, this is probably the only "lathering" soap safe for you. It also helps to reduce redness and irrtation. **Update** The lather is real now, and I suspect a reformulation. It still has all the great anti-redness properties, and it is still a wonder-cure for acne, but it is best for sensitive oily skin. If your skin is dry, you may not like the new formula. Aquamarina or Angels on Bare Skin, may be a next product to try if you find this new formula too drying. Now, back to the rest of the original review ;)Always be sure to rinse this product well, or it will leave a residue which will feel dry and tight. I gave it a lower score on packaging because it is difficult to store and not good for travel, but a large soap case may be the answer.

It is also interesting that in some cases, this is also excellent product for breakouts. It cleans the skin without irritating the breakout and helps make the skin stronger to fight breakouts. It seems as if this product is good for anything red or irritated on the face because it helps to soothe all types of irritation. It also can be applied as an ointment with a wet q-tip to get rid of zits. However, don't expect it to be a cure for acne (as I will explain below).

I understand a little bit of the reason behind the bad reviews. Many people are under the misconception that this soap is intended as a cure for oily skin and acne ... It is more of a sensitive skin soap or skin that is prone to rash, eczema etc... Sometimes it is very good for acne, but remember there are many reasons for acne, hence different types of acne. This is best for acne that is caused by a sensitivity to a product, bacterial infection or hormone imbalance, but I don't think it would help clogged pores, because it doesn't appear to be a deep pore cleanser. So if you get acne due to oily skin and large pores, it may not help it. Acne can usually be traced to many things, and I think that it is important to know what might be causing yours. Many things in addition to using a particular soap may need to be done to help your acne. Everything from birth control pills to long nails can contribute to acne, and can be caused by any combination of these things. Until you determine the main source of your acne, you will not know how to help eliminate it. It's best to go to the dermatologist, and it may take some time before you and your dermatologist find a solution.

I have several friends who have cured severe cases of acne with the help physicians recomendations. This soap may be good for you once you have eliminated the primary cause of your acne, but don't expect a soap to get rid of acne. This rarely happens. The good news is that most acne can be helped, but there is no one cure all product for all types of acne.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No