LUSH Fresh Farmacy

3.6

Calamine Powder, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Decoction (Anthemis nobilis), Elderflower Decoction (Sambucus nigra), Rapeseed Oil; Sunflower Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Chamomilla recutita), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Sodium Chloride, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.

on 2/9/2005 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is worth every penny you spend, and not just because the $20 bar lasts for at least three months! If you have any kind of oily, combination, or acne-prone skin, this product (followed by judicious non-comodogenic moisturising) will make your troubles disappear! It's also great for soothing irritated pimples - just dab the corner of the bar in water, apply to the spot, and let it sit overnight! Works on bug bites too, cos it's calamine! :)

on 1/8/2005 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

If I could I would give this a 3.5. This is good for the summer when my face is more oily. But coalface is good too. I cut mine up into little squares to make it last longer but I still go through it faster then coalface. i like this but I prefere coalface. This drys out my skin to much.

on 1/4/2005 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

sooo good and really really works. me and my sister buy loads of them from the 34th street store. my sister has psorasis and this soap REALLY makes it vanish from her face and i have a acne prone skin and it works wonders for me i use it every day twice a day for best results!!

on 12/30/2004 7:07:00 PM

The only reason I won't buy again is because my skin is pretty normal and on the drier side and I only use this for my chin and nose where it's oiler. My 50 chunk will last about 10 years because such a TINY amount is needed to clean. It is a nice creamy texture that rinses off fairly well. Sometimes it feels like a film is left behind but I just use toner to finish the job. If I had oily skin, I would definetely use this though because it helps to control oil and doesn't smell too bad either!

on 10/20/2004 8:16:00 PM

I originally got a sample of this in a swap, but since then I've traded for a huge block of it.

I have combination skin and tend to get pimples on my chin and at my hairline, so I figured it was worth a shot since I'm a certified LUSH worshipper. I haven't had any problems with dryness with this soap, it's actually left my skin super soft and smooth! I can't say I care for the smell, but it's not bad, just not what I normally would choose.

In the space of a couple of days, Fresh Farmacy cleared up the redness in my cheeks and across my nose, got rid of my pimples and the little bumps I get on my forehead and left my skin soft as a baby's bottom to boot. :)

This is a definite buy again product, it's definitely worth the price!

on 10/12/2004 7:03:00 AM

I bought the tiniest bar for $3, just to try this out. First, it isn't fair to judge this bar if you don't have oily or break out prone skin. It wasn't made for you! That said, I used it in the morning only on my oily and acne prone areas (namely my nose and chin). It is a bit drying, but in a good way. It has a light lather and a very herbal scent. It didn't irritate my skin or make break outs worse. For what it is, it is a nice cleanser for oily skin. And Lush products are so fun...so give it a try.

on 9/19/2004 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This product is very easy to use and doesn't irritate my skin -- which most cleansers do. Unfortunately it is too drying for my combo skin.

on 9/14/2004 9:08:00 AM

It totally dried my skin and made it feel squeacky and tight. Even my eyes were running when I got close to this cleanser.
Maybe good for very oily and not sensitive skin. Not me.

on 7/26/2004 9:01:00 PM

I purchased this for my normal to oily skin. It dried my skin out completely and did not do a thing for breakouts. Also, it totally melts when it gets wet. I guess this is only for VERY oily and/or troubled skin. It isn't too expensive though.

on 7/18/2004 11:13:00 AM

I have oily/combination skin and i use this after i've cleansed with Angels on Bare skin becase i find that this calms my skin down after the exfoliation. i haven't noticed my skin getting any drier unlike some other people who have used it. it is a great calming experience. one tip i have is that if you have a spot on your face, dampen your fresh farmacy and wipe a bit over the spot before you go to bed. when you wake up the spot will have dried up! and trust me it works every time!