October 25, 2014 | 1287 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by poeticdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was a huge step up from the Tressemme one but it's not great. It made my hair feel frizzy and heavy. It is nothing compared to the amazing dry shampoo from Klorane so I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by heather22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This makes life so much easier. I love the travel size can because you can keep it in your handbag for a quick refresh if you are ever caught out, or nights when going out straight from work and don't get time to go home first and freshen up. For a long time I used it every second day (washing my hair each day in between) but felt like it was starting to leave a build up in my hair and not working as well, so I stopped and only use it every now and then. Also I have a sensitive scalp and felt like this product was causing my scalp to become even drier. So I only use this product now when I really need to, and it is very effective at making hair look clean. An added benefit for us blondes is that it seems to disguise dark roots, so its perfect for when you are trying to stretch out hair appointments.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by enokirocky

I love this product! I've been looking for a dry shampoo for a while and I wasn't happy with Oscar Blandi powder dry shampoo - it was really expensive and it made my scalp itch. This however, smells great, and works amazingly! A few sprays on the roots give hair lots of volume, soap up the grease from the roots and give hair a clean look and smell. I have brown hair and I used the tropical version, it didn't make my hair white/greyish at all - I found the powder disappered after a few minutes and a good brushing. Love this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by jaynek

I love this stuff! I also buy the smaller purse size bottles so I always have some on hand. I have a habit of playing with my hair so it gets a bit flat and greasy by the end of the day, and this product really makes it feel so much less limp. Also great for building lots of volume without hairspray! By the way, I have darkish brown hair, and as long as I give it a good brushing, I don't notice any "greyishness" in my hair, which was a problem I had with the Klorane dry shampoo. Batiste have a few new fragrances in Australia now - there's one on a purple can which smells EXACTLY like the original Michael Kors fragrance. Love it, love it, love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love, love Batiste! This is such a practical, useful, well-designed and cheap product that I go through it like deodorant. I blow-dry and straighten my hair and try to wash it every 3-4 days to give my hair and scalp a rest. Batiste is great for the last one or two days when the sides and top of my head can show a little greasiness. I started with the original but now moved on to Brunette version as it looks more discreet and is easier to remove.

I shake the can really vigorously and apply it by lifting sections of hair away from my scalp, holding the can away from my hair and move the can sideways while spraying. Then I wait for about 10 seconds, massage the product into my hair, then brush it off with a natural bristle brush (I have Kent's half-moon one). It doesn't interfere with the other products on your hair (loads on my straightened curly hair) or the hairstyle and keeps the hair fresh until the next wash.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

In my opinion, this product is disgusting. I've used it on days where my hair got a little oily due to the weather or sweating for a quick refresher. Yes, it made my hair fluffy and appear less oily, but if I didn't wash my hair that same night, I would have loads of dandruff the following day. I remember using this on vacation and I had flakes in my hair every day. Also, I probably purchased three to four cans of this stuff and only got a couple uses out of each can. I don't know if I just got unlucky and picked up a bad batch of cans.. but the product felt like it clumped out in the can and wouldn't come out anymore. At $6 a can, this was not at all worth a couple of uses. There is one pro about this stuff though.. it gives your hair texture if you have really soft hair. Many people like to use this prior to teasing so it will hold the tease. I prefer the brand they sell at walgreens (Pssssssssssst) it lasts a lot longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by pink1223

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know how many cans of Batiste I've bought at this point, probably 20 and going strong. It is THE BEST and helps me to get by so many days without washing my hair! I have really long hair so I hate taking the time to do it. I just shake the can and spray in sections at the root, then massage in with my fingers, then brush through. And voila! Clean hair. Seriously this is a lifesaver and HG product for me. It does spray out white and can leave a grey-ish tint to your hair, but if you really brush it well you can't even detect it. Once it really settles in, it's invisible. My hair is really dark brown and it's never been a problem for me. Go buy this at your local Sally's and you won't be sorry.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by clarklovesyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very oily hair and there is no way I can leave the house without washing it EVERY day. This causes my color to fade much faster than it should, so I decided to try dry shampoos. I first tried non-spray hair powders, including an expensive "all natural" one called "The All Nighter" that came in black (my hair color). It was terrible. The loose powder was incredibly difficult to use and the dark colored powder would make everything it touched look dirty (and no running your fingers through your hair at all during the day - unless you want dirt colored hands)

THIS however, actually works and the fact that it's a spray makes it very easy to distribute all over your scalp. Because my hair is jet black it does leave a slightly grey tint once I brush the product out but it's hardly noticeable. With this, I'm able to wash my hair every other day - something that I would never otherwise been able to do!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by pavitra2000

I'm pretty pleased with this product. i didn't want to wash my hair in the winter as often because it dries out my hair, so when a friend recommended this product i decided to give it a shot. i spray a bit on my roots at different spots around my head and massage and voila! 2nd day hair kinda looks like 1st day hair. it gives a bit of volume, nothing to go crazy over, but it does what i wanted it to do which is to make my hair look clean for a few days longer. the smell is nothing to complain about. packaging is fine. and has lasted me a couple months so far. there's no way to tell how much is gone, so i can't say how much longer it will last. the first time i used it i wiped my fingers on a black shirt i was wearing and thoroughly regretted it after. i'd buy it again, my only problem is the price is a bit steep. still a good product to have

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by IslandLover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I don't love it but I like it. It's practical for those who do not wash their hair everyday or those whose hair gets oily. My hair gets very oily & greasy so I've been on the lookout for a good dry shampoo. I tried Oscar Blandi's powder but it didn't work for me. I tried a sample of Fekkai's powder and that worked really well but I wasn't about the fork down the money for the full-size version. Finally, I heard people talk about this affordable Batiste Dry Shampoo that you spray into your hair. I have the blush scent and I think it's okay. At times it can be a little overpowering but I don't particularly mind the scent. I spray this directly into my roots and let it sit for a minute before massaging into my hair. It certainly gets rid of the oil and gives my fine hair an extra "oomph" but I HATE the white residue it leaves. I have dark hair and no matter how careful I am with this product, it always leaves the top of my head looking ashy. I try to massage it well into my hair & I keep brushing it out but my roots still have a gray tinge to them. I hate it but this dry shampoo still gets the job done. On days when I'm rushed & don't have time to wash my hair, this is a very quick & convenient fix despite the residue. My hair doesn't look greasy & it stays oil-free for a whole day which I do like. So this product works but if you have dark hair, beware of the ashy tinge you may get. Until I find something better, I will continue to repurchase.