November 28, 2014 | 1086 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

How I use this product: On the second day I spray this at greasy looking spots near my roots, leave it there for a few minutes while I do my makeup, and then brush it out. It is sometimes difficult because I tease my hair and so I can't run the brush through smoothly; I have to sort of wiggle/massage the teeth of the brush until the whiteness of the shampoo disappears.
Alternatively you can use this at the end of the first day (before you sleep) to prevent your hair from getting greasy, instead of using it to remove the oiliness.

* PROS
- My hair definitely looked and felt a lot less greasy and more presentable. Of course it's not the same as actually washing your hair with shampoo, but this helps preserve my styled hair for another day.
- Wide range of scents. There's supposed to be 5, but in Australia they only have Original, Blush (pink) and Tropical (yellow). I bought Tropical because I LOVE coconut/beachy scented hair products (like Herbal Essences Hello Hydration shampoo and David Babaii Bohemian Beach Spray. :).
- Not quite sure if this helped achieve any volume. I mean it probably did slightly, but certainly you're not going to get the same amount of volume as with styling or backcombing. It's barely noticeable, if any.

* CONS
- I have dark brown hair, and when first sprayed on this made my hair white/grey. Luckily it fades after brushing it out, but if you miss a spot you would look like you were aging prematurely. If I were to repurchase, I would try the coloured versions they have for Black and Brunette. Unfortunately those don't come with the same scents, because I really like my Tropical.
- Batiste is cheaper than Klorane and all those other dry shampoo brands. But IMO, it is still expensive for the tiny amount of product you get! The mini can (30g) is $5 AUD and the large(r) can is $10. Plus this gets used up pretty fast. Regular shampoo is nowhere near as expensive! Because of this I am forced to use it sparingly.
- The aerosol sprays out very forcefully and the area is quite concentrated. Be sure to hold it a good distance away from your head and avoid your face!
- There is a 'I have product in my hair' feeling afterwards, but it doesn't bother me since I have hairspray in my hair every day anyway.
- EDIT: After using this for a bit longer, it leaves white flaky residue even AFTER I wash my hair, which could be mistaken for dandruff.

EDIT: Bought the coloured Brunette version and it is way better! If you have black/brown hair I would recommend getting the coloured ones. I hated how the regular one left me with grey roots.

- - -
PRICE [3] $4 AUD | PACKAGING [4] | REPURCHASE [yes]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I had such high hopes for this dry shampoo based on the reviews and a friend's recommendation, but it just didn't work for me. It barely makes my hair look better, and the effect only lasts a few hours at most. It definitely doesn't get me through a workday. But, what put the nail in the coffin is when my hairdresser commented that I have greyish powdery and faded-looking patches in my (brown) hair. And this was after she had just washed my hair, so washing didn't even get rid of the residue! I hadn't even used it in the preceding week or two, just the morning of my haircut, so it's not like it built up over time from too much use. No thanks, this is going in the trash asap!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2010 7:22:00 AM More reviews by somethingforsam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I have the tropical one. I'm on my 3rd bottle and I have a backup lying around. I think I love this product for it's smell than it's actual use, because I don't see a huge difference. I've come to understand theres nothing you can do to really greasy/oily hair than to wash it. But I love how gives your hair coconutty fragrance. I hate that the product runs out so quickly, but thats inevitable considering I use it 3 times a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 6:21:00 PM More reviews by jetstar

This stuff is just awesome. Everyone should have one in there handbag. I use it at night massaged into the root brush out in the morning and my hair still looks good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Szvetlana

I just bought the new one with Gold Shimmer and got fantastic results! The shimmer is sublte (not tacky) the smell is gorgeous! I tried the Diva and Original before and although I got good results at the gease field I didn't like the smell, it was just too strong and somewhat old-fashioned for me. But this one doesn't smell strong, really really lovely! I soo happy I've find it!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I had horrid results with the Tresemme dry shampoo and almost didn't try this for fear of the same. I don't know if I did the Tresemme wrong or if this just works better (I took the Tresemme back for the mousse version of it after 1 try). I really like this.

I wash every other day and on the morning of the off day, use this. A little goes a long way. I have the pink one (blossom?) and love the smell. Your hair does get a little tacky, like hair spray so if that bugs you try to use as little as possible. I tend to spray it in and leave it for a bit, maybe while I eat breakfest or something, and then brush it out. I did buy a natural fiber brush like the bottle suggests and it does seem to make a difference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by poeticdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product was a huge step up from the Tressemme one but it's not great. It made my hair feel frizzy and heavy. It is nothing compared to the amazing dry shampoo from Klorane so I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by heather22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This makes life so much easier. I love the travel size can because you can keep it in your handbag for a quick refresh if you are ever caught out, or nights when going out straight from work and don't get time to go home first and freshen up. For a long time I used it every second day (washing my hair each day in between) but felt like it was starting to leave a build up in my hair and not working as well, so I stopped and only use it every now and then. Also I have a sensitive scalp and felt like this product was causing my scalp to become even drier. So I only use this product now when I really need to, and it is very effective at making hair look clean. An added benefit for us blondes is that it seems to disguise dark roots, so its perfect for when you are trying to stretch out hair appointments.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by enokirocky

I love this product! I've been looking for a dry shampoo for a while and I wasn't happy with Oscar Blandi powder dry shampoo - it was really expensive and it made my scalp itch. This however, smells great, and works amazingly! A few sprays on the roots give hair lots of volume, soap up the grease from the roots and give hair a clean look and smell. I have brown hair and I used the tropical version, it didn't make my hair white/greyish at all - I found the powder disappered after a few minutes and a good brushing. Love this product!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by jaynek

I love this stuff! I also buy the smaller purse size bottles so I always have some on hand. I have a habit of playing with my hair so it gets a bit flat and greasy by the end of the day, and this product really makes it feel so much less limp. Also great for building lots of volume without hairspray! By the way, I have darkish brown hair, and as long as I give it a good brushing, I don't notice any "greyishness" in my hair, which was a problem I had with the Klorane dry shampoo. Batiste have a few new fragrances in Australia now - there's one on a purple can which smells EXACTLY like the original Michael Kors fragrance. Love it, love it, love it.