Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

I've been lookingfor a dry shampoo for a long longtime since my hair gets greasy really fast and I don't always like washing my hair everyday since it is very damaging and is also quite time consuming. I first bought this in the scent "Diva" and have gone through a few cans of that, and have also tried the Original scent. It is quite easy to use and gives my hair some volume and makes it look fresher. Just make sure to spray from about half and arm's lengths away and do it in a "misting" motion while picking up strands of hair (you want to spray under your hair) and avoiding spraying too much on one spot. Overall, this is a must have whether your hair gets greasy quickly or you are always short on time, or both in my case. :)

LOVE THIS STUFF! I used to buy it in Germany for 4euros in a big can (just under 5 bucks). I was surprised to find it was nearly 8 bucks at Sally's for a way smaller can! Spoiled me!

Still, this stuff is the best stuff on the market I've found so far. Dry shampoos are really pretty much all the same (I am aghast at people who spend more than $15 USD!) so it comes down to how much is in the can and the smell. Batiste smell isn't the best, but better than the other cheap German alternatives alternatives. And there is a ton of product in the can! (In contrast, to say, the massively expensive Rene F.) I find that in my dark brown hair, it absorbs quite well.

Now that I'm back in the US I'm going to try out some other cheapo brands here, since everyone seems to have a dry shampoo these days, but I'll be stocking up on Batiste every time I go back to the EU.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is simply amazing, if you're in a rush and washing you're hair simply isn't on the agenda- give you're hair a few sprays, holding the can 15cm away from the head, massage the residue into the scalp for a minute or so and then brush out! Voila! Clean, fresh, versitle hair within a minute. No wonder why its held onto fame throughout the years. I find the smell slightly overwhelming- make sure windows are open! The price is OK but I find that the product runs out very quickly so hence my score for the price only being a 3/5, the packaging is fine just like a deodrant can really- no inconvienience about that one. Great for all hair types, its never really let me down.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My HG hair product. I used to use 'Klorane' but found it left too much of a white cast on my very dark hair, and it was a little more expensive and a little less accessible (i.e. not everywhere like Batiste is). Batiste is a little cheaper and smells better, comes in a bigger can and doesn't leave a white cast (so long as you work it/comb it through well). I try not to wash my hair too often as I have a greasy scalp and used to overwash my hair and make things worse (like get dandruff as a result) but now my scalp is healthy after switching shampoos and conditioners and also using a dry shampoo in between washes. I will now go a maximum of 3 days between washes, as opposed to washing every second day, which seems to relieve my scalp a lot and minimise (well, get rid of) dandruff. Worth your money, just make sure you let it settle for at least 30 seconds before working the product through with your fingers gently, then combing any excess out. Leaves my hair perfectly volumised and clean looking.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My go to dry shampoo, it's the first one I ever tried and I don't see a reason to change. I really does transform greasy hair, makes it look and feel fresh. Even if my hair smells of smoke I'll spray some on to make it smell nicer :) It doesn't make your hair feel great (maybe more stylable though!) if you use too much but it looks fine. I use it on the day inbetween washes. Love it, especially the mini ones that go so nice in my hand bag. Been meaning to try the brunette one as you have to rub the original in or your hair goes white!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Best dry shampoo I have tried! I've used Tre Semme Fresh Start (liked the fragrance, but the formula is gummy and just feels like heavy hair spray) and Psssst! (works well, but I feel like you have to use a lot to get the desired effect) and Batiste is hands-down the winner. You don't need a lot and when you brush it out, your hair really looks fresh and clean. I like to pull up a few sections near my crown with a comb and blast the roots and then flip my head over and brush out. Smells fresh and slightly citrusy (did not like the "Blush" scent which smelled way too strong for me).

For reference, I have dry, fine (but a lot of it) highlighted blonde hair and I try not to wash it more than a couple times a week. This stuff is tremendous. If it was a bit cheaper ($8 for shampoo is a bit much for my budget), I'd give it 5 stars. It really is pretty awesome.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

this is a great dry shampoo for days in between days of washing my hair. it smells nice and does not leave gross white gunk in my hair. love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I buy three or four cans of this every time I'm in London; it is my personal miracle worker. I spritz in on not just if I've skipped washing my hair, but also on clean hair days. I wash my hair almost every day anyway, so I use a spritz or two at my roots to add body, dimension and lift. It's perfect. I have blonde hair so I don't even need to brush it out, I just fluff my roots with my hands. The only downside to me (I buy the "Blush" formula) is that I'm not crazy about the smell. It's a little too reminiscent of cheap powdery perfumes aimed at teenagers. Oh well. The smell fades pretty quickly.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this from a local shop at about SGD$6.90. My hair gets oily on the same day I washed my hair and this works pretty well. I have oily roots and dry ends as I colored my hair constantly. I did what the container says, spray onto the root and brush. This works!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite range of dry shampoos. I've tried three types: Proud & True Brit, XXL Volume, and Nude. I loved them all.

Proud & True Brit is, as I understand it, the same as the original Batiste dry shampoo except for the scent. It smells kind of perfumey but isn't too strong. It definitely makes my dark brown hair gray, but that's nothing some rubbing and a good brushing with a natural bristle brush can't fix. This stuff degreases, freshens, and lightly volumizes my hair with minimum fuss. Also, one can lasted me over two months--and I was using it probably three times a week. (I've bought other brands of dry shampoo that lasted two uses. Heck, I've bought cans of dry shampoo I haven't gotten any uses out of at all because the nozzles were faulty.)

XXL Volume is a combination dry shampoo/volumizing hairspray. Dry shampoo is always going to volumize your hair a bit simply because it gets rid of the grease that makes your hair go lank. But this stuff volumizes your hair like whoa. It's serious stuff. The only downside is that it makes your hair feel a bit like cotton candy.

Nude is the fragrance-free, non-aerosol option. It's a white powder that comes in a plastic squeeze bottle with a fine-tip nozzle. You can either dispense some directly onto your roots or into your palm and apply with your fingers. (The latter method seems to work better for me.) It performs a lot like the Proud & True Brit version.

All in all, I love Batiste dry shampoo. They perform well and are very reasonably priced (between 2.99 and 3.99 each). I wish this were more widely available, in all its many varieties, outside the UK because it's a great product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials