July 25, 2014 | 1930 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by makemeupplease

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Obsessed with this sponge! cannot live without it! I've purchased 2 kits with the 2 sponges and cleanser and am about to purchase my 3rd kit. Foundation looks flawless, is great for applying concealer, and is also nice for blending. I always use mine damp but towel dry it before I use it. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

I was so under impressed with this product. I get the same effect with my fingers. For $40, I promptly returned the 2 sponges and cleanser back to Sephora after one try.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by lboogy

The bomb! I love this sponge. I normally use my fingers or MAC's 187 brush to stipple on liquid foundation. With this sponge I literally use less than 1/2 the product I used to with the same coverage. The only downside is that I have to wash the sponge after every use, but I do the same with the 187 brush anyway. If you didnt pick up with cleanser, you can use Phil purity foam cleanser b/c it gets all the makeup out of the sponge.

Before I picked up the BB, I purchased the Sonia Kashuk purple face sponge and I like that sponge too but that dense sponge is no comparison to the light soft feel of the BB. Follow the tips, wet the sponge first and squeeze it out on a dry towel then apply foundation. Works like a charm

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by NikkiM225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this sponge! Yes, it's expensive but the professional results it gives are well worth the cost. I bought a package of 2 BB sponges and BB cleanser in August. It's December and I'm still using the first sponge, which is just starting to show signs wear. I've tried using my fingers, foundation brushes & various cheaper sponges with no success. The BB sponge has made a believer in me. I get a smoothe, even, streak-free application. I use a dampened BB sponge and use the stippling technique the manufacturers suggest. I recommend you get the BB cleanser. And wash your sponge every day. It should only take a couple of minutes. t thoroughly cleanses the sponges (I've even use it for my brushes and have used it on cheap drugs store sponges).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Applies foundation that is otherwise hard to apply evenly, if sheerer. Great for cream blush, and even setting powder. Expensive, but it seems like it will last a long time, after 4 months it still looks like new.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Jennee_B

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bid farewell to my MAC foundation brushes over a year ago....okay I still have them and use them for other functions...but I will never use them for foundation again!!! My beautyblender is my most prized make up tool and I will never be without....

It is pricey, but it will last forever as long as you take care of it. Which means you must wash it often, but you probably didn't need me to tell you that. All make up tools must be washed in order to maintain cleanliness.

Definitely this girl's best friend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by adele37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Guys- grab this. Yes, it's expensive, but it's so amazing! Use it damp and watch it transform your face! I love this! Just make sure to wash it often, otherwise, ewww, but besides for needing frequent washing, this scores! I am not using my foundation brush anymore because this is so, so much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by CinnamonDish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

An interesting concept....my skin looks dewey and pretty flawless when I use the BB. The problem I have though is that I can achieve pretty much the same look with any other regular sponge or my 187. The BB on the other hand is expensive, doesn't last, and I am concerned about cleanliness. Not fantastic...will continue to just use my 187.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by missrachel2930

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just first want to say when I first came upon the beautyblender, I thought it was ridiculously expensive. So, I tried the Sonia Kashuk blending sponge (which I guess is the generic version of the beautyblender). It was poorly made and starting shedding in just a few weeks after starting use. I threw it away and decided to try the beautyblender. I love it! I use transfer resistant foundations and they dry way too fast to use a makeup brush or my fingers. I use the beautyblender to stipple my foundation and it immediately melts into my skin for a flawless finish. Yes, there is some waste of product. But, it's a tradeoff since I get such a good finish plus like I said, I can't use makeup brushes or my fingers with my foundation. My only complaint is cleaning the sponge. Because my foundation dries so fast, it's virtually impossible to remove all the foundation from the sponge. I do get most of it and I make sure I clean the beautyblender very well to reduce the bacteria in it. I do pour my foundation into a bowl and then dip my sponge into that before applying. And after I have cleaned my sponge, I clean out the bowl very well to reduce bacteria there as well. It does take 7-10 minutes to clean the sponge and that is a bit too long, but it's a minor problem. I've been using this for about a month and I have had no problems with irritation or breakouts. I gave it only 4 lippies though, because of how long it takes to clean the sponge. Other than that, it's an amazing product.

*Just an update* I have recently discovered Daiso detergent for puff and sponge and it cleans my beautyblender completely in less than 2 minutes. So, the beautyblender now gets 5 lippies from me!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am mystified by the hype for this product. Yes, it's a nice makeup sponge. But it's a SPONGE and makeup sponges are supposed to be disposable - not for convenience, but for hygiene. Google sponges and bacteria: no matter if the sponge is natural or synthetic, it harbors and grows enormous colonies of bacteria. You cannot significantly reduce the number of bacteria in a sponge by hand washing it. You can kill roughly 99% of the bacteria in a sponge by microwaving it, running it through a full cycle in your diswasher, or soaking it in bleach (not quite as effective and the microwave or dishwasher). None of these methods work for makeup sponges. They should be washed after each use and THROWN AWAY after 3 or 4 uses. The fact that this sponge is meant to be used wet makes it even more unhygienic. Makeup sponges can be great tools, but they are hardly environmentally friendly. That includes this one. At a ridiculously high price, Beautyblender is offering us an oxymoron: "Long lasting makeup sponge." I'd think twice before using it around my eyes. Use at your own risk.

37 out of 68 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No