August 1, 2014 | 1139 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by 3dogsnight73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is hands down, the one product i will never be without. i have tried imitations, sonia kashuk, sephora, cheap drugstore wedges, to no avail. they are NOT the same as the beautyblender. is it an expensive sponge? on it's face, i guess, but when you consider how long this thing lasts that is no longer a consideration. i guess if you are a die-hard brush lover, then this will likely not change your mind. but i tried brushes and i come back to this over and over. i've turned on multiple women in my family to it. it is awesome for liquid foundation and because i wet it i don't feel like it sucks up any more foundation than any other implement. i also use it dry to apply my mac msfn for spot application.

any makeup lover out there owes this thing at least one try. if you don't like it, return it. but don't even bother trying to save a few bucks with imitations and think they are even close to the same as this, they aren't.

wow, i sound militant. we'll just call it enthusiasm. :-)

pros: lasts a very long time when cleansed and cared for properly, applies liquid and powder foundation beautifully

cons: my dogs love to get their paws on it

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by iillylabrati

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This sponge is so overrated. I used wedge sponges for a long time, but lately I am using foundation brushes, which I prefer over sponges. The price of this sponge is crazy. Try the Sonia Kashuk for about half the price...the principle is the same. It will be interesting to see if this thing stands the test of time or goes the way of the go-go boot. These sponges will never replace wedges.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by makemeupplease

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Obsessed with this sponge! cannot live without it! I've purchased 2 kits with the 2 sponges and cleanser and am about to purchase my 3rd kit. Foundation looks flawless, is great for applying concealer, and is also nice for blending. I always use mine damp but towel dry it before I use it. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2009 3:12:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

I was so under impressed with this product. I get the same effect with my fingers. For $40, I promptly returned the 2 sponges and cleanser back to Sephora after one try.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by lboogy

The bomb! I love this sponge. I normally use my fingers or MAC's 187 brush to stipple on liquid foundation. With this sponge I literally use less than 1/2 the product I used to with the same coverage. The only downside is that I have to wash the sponge after every use, but I do the same with the 187 brush anyway. If you didnt pick up with cleanser, you can use Phil purity foam cleanser b/c it gets all the makeup out of the sponge.

Before I picked up the BB, I purchased the Sonia Kashuk purple face sponge and I like that sponge too but that dense sponge is no comparison to the light soft feel of the BB. Follow the tips, wet the sponge first and squeeze it out on a dry towel then apply foundation. Works like a charm

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by NikkiM225

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this sponge! Yes, it's expensive but the professional results it gives are well worth the cost. I bought a package of 2 BB sponges and BB cleanser in August. It's December and I'm still using the first sponge, which is just starting to show signs wear. I've tried using my fingers, foundation brushes & various cheaper sponges with no success. The BB sponge has made a believer in me. I get a smoothe, even, streak-free application. I use a dampened BB sponge and use the stippling technique the manufacturers suggest. I recommend you get the BB cleanser. And wash your sponge every day. It should only take a couple of minutes. t thoroughly cleanses the sponges (I've even use it for my brushes and have used it on cheap drugs store sponges).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2009 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Applies foundation that is otherwise hard to apply evenly, if sheerer. Great for cream blush, and even setting powder. Expensive, but it seems like it will last a long time, after 4 months it still looks like new.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by Jennee_B

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bid farewell to my MAC foundation brushes over a year ago....okay I still have them and use them for other functions...but I will never use them for foundation again!!! My beautyblender is my most prized make up tool and I will never be without....

It is pricey, but it will last forever as long as you take care of it. Which means you must wash it often, but you probably didn't need me to tell you that. All make up tools must be washed in order to maintain cleanliness.

Definitely this girl's best friend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by adele37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Guys- grab this. Yes, it's expensive, but it's so amazing! Use it damp and watch it transform your face! I love this! Just make sure to wash it often, otherwise, ewww, but besides for needing frequent washing, this scores! I am not using my foundation brush anymore because this is so, so much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by CinnamonDish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

An interesting concept....my skin looks dewey and pretty flawless when I use the BB. The problem I have though is that I can achieve pretty much the same look with any other regular sponge or my 187. The BB on the other hand is expensive, doesn't last, and I am concerned about cleanliness. Not fantastic...will continue to just use my 187.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No