April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by destinygodley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooMG I LOVE THIS SPONGE.... I used the one from Sonia Kashuk, as well as the "Beauty Blender" at target $9 got it on sale.. it is AMAZING... if you dont love this and are not in awe of it.. YOU ARE USING IT WRONG... keep it moist and stipple it.. it give THE MOST (((AMAZING))) airbrushed soft perfect blended beyond perfection look... I"M IN LOVE... NO EDGES.. the TIP.. the way you can roll it omg... I'm pretty jaded sometimes so I approached this like.. yeah okay... and ate every word of disbelief.. okay... I think i'm done... you can youtube it to see how to work it ::PROPERLY:: no lines no smear no finger prints no edges just you looking fab ;)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with PandaKoeken's review (below) 100% (well put, btw) and would add two comments on this product: 1. It's not the kind of sponge we're used to...not sure what it is, but it's better (more "cushy, dense...I dunno) and 2. It really bothers me that I can't get it clean. I've used everything but it remains stained. If anyone can hook me up with a solution to this please email me. TIA.
Overall, worth having, great for travel, if used as directed (moisten & bounce onto skin) it does indeed provide flawless application.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by honeyjr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just received mine in the mail recently. I think my foundation brushes are going into retirement. It is idiot proof (perfect for me). My concealer and foundation go on easily and flawlessly. The pointed end gets into every nook and cranny on my face effortlessly.

The only negative thing for me is the price, but I love it nevertheless :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

It's just a sponge, but it works wonders. My foundation has never blended so seamlessly with my face. I only realized after one application that all the foundation brushes I used were inferior. I wish there was a case provided for travel, but this is my HG for home foundation application. I've found that Purpose cleansing gel works well to clean the sponge. However, I still have stains from my cream foundation that I use on it. I watched the introductory video and made sure I allowed the sponge to soak in some water and squeeze it out before I dab a small amount of foundation and bounced beautyblender over my face. I use a much smaller amount of foundation now. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by pandakoeken

I have conflicting feelings about the Beautyblender. As much as I love using it on myself and others, and though it's a cheaper, easier-to-use option then an airbrush (and presents itself as such in it's marketing), It's pretty expensive for what it is (an oblong sponge that you will eventually need to replace.) It's also somewhat awkward to clean and store (the manufacturer wants you to wash it with their special cleanser, then hold on to the original box to store it in so it can dry evenly), and probably not the best for people who are limited as far as space and time. If beauty supply stores ever start carrying a cheaper version it would be well worth seeking out, in the meantime this is worth a try if you have lots of disposable income and love playing with makeup, it's fun and easy to use and gives a great finish, and can soften and blend edges of eye and cheek makeup in addition to simply stippling on foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 1:49:00 PM More reviews by glossy81

i like this product. but i do think that it is a little overpriced and doesn't do anything particularly special. but i would probably buy it again because it's cute and pink!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by treecatd

I gave this 2 lippies for creativity and helping people to be creative in foundation application- i think if everybody took the time it takes to get aquainted to this pink freak-egg and to wash it after every use -we all had perfect makeup...Moist sponges have been used forever,so has the stippling technique- combine the two or any time of experimentation with different foundations the net result will be good looking skin IMO. I would lie, if i would say it doesn't feel good to the touch (the texture and smooth feel remind me of various items one might use in the "bedroom" ...LOL) but i think it's really just another novelty item that will loose it's appeal due to high maintainance and cost. I rather invest in a traditional tool aka a brush (or if your really looking to 'invest' an airbrush )-despite the companie's environmnent-friendly recycling program =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 6:17:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The Beautyblender has transformed the way I do my makeupand the finished result. I used to use brushes for my foundation and concealer, and although I was happy enough with the results, application took forever and I had to be careful to blend really well to eliminate any sign of brush strokes.
With the Beautyblender, my foundation application is surprisingly quick and using the pointy end it just takes a couple of seconds to cover up my dark circles with concealer. And the results are amazing. The finish is flawless, the application looks invisible, and any signs of dark circles are banished.
I'm naughty and only wash mine a couple of times a week as it takes more time to clean than it does to use (I use Philosophy Purity to clean it).
They are horribly expensive, especially in my part of the world, so I wait till cyberemporium.com.au have a sale (I got mine at 30% off).
It comes with a ridiculous amount of packaging, which I find really wasteful. You can supposedly use the packaging to sit the BB on to dry it out, but who's realistically going to keep packaging that's about 5 times the size of the product?
A word of advice: if you have cats, don't leave this out within their reach. I saw my cat racing around last night with a pink toy. "Ooh, cute" I thought to myself, until I realised that he didn't have any pink toys. Thankfully I managed to retrieve my BB before he did too much damage to it.
UPDATE: 09/08/08 (minus 1 lippie). I'm finding that I use twice as much foundation with this to get less coverage than I would with a brush as the sponge soaks up so much product. Am now applying foundation roughly with my fingers and then using this to blend, and am getting great results.
After 3 months am finding that it's starting to disintegrate a little. For the price I would expect it to last longer.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by cashmerewhore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

**Docking a point because mine has managed to become stained by cream based foundations (Stephane Marais)**

Purchased the set of two with the recommended Beautyblender cleanser. Great idea, have two sponges, one to use, and one to have clean while the other needs cleaned. I love these sponges since they make anything easy to apply. Put a dab on the point and get every crevice by your nose, a even covering below your lower lash line... you name it, it'll put foundation there.

I clean mine maybe once a week each (lazy). I don't think "old foundation" has an effect on it's finish. I haven't noticed any pink fuzz from mine.

Would I repurchase? Probably, if everybody else's knock offs aren't as good.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2008 9:18:00 PM More reviews by LindseyZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this and hoped I would change my mind about it. That's why I've waited 5 months to write a review. It does a very good job of applying a light, seamless layer of foundation, but the inconvenience of the sponge outweighs its good points, IMO.

First, my bathroom is tiny and has very poor lighting, so I do my m/u at a lighted mirror in my bedroom where there is no sink. The need to rinse the sponge before and after using it is just too impractical for me. I know that most people don't have this situation, but it's something to consider before buying.

Another problem is that the blender must be cleaned thoroughly after each use. I'm always in a hurry when I do my m/u in the morning and I think washing the blender takes longer than actually using it to apply my foundation.

For the price, I expect something more user friendly. I take out the Beauty Blender only for special occasions and probably will not repurchase when mine wears out.