September 17, 2014 | 1964 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by QWERTY2345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Does this sponge give a seamless, flawless finish? Yes. Is it something a brush CAN'T do? No. This sponge gives the same finish a good brush can give. The difference is, the sponge must be cleaned THOROUGHLY immediately afterward to avoid staining. Whereas a brush only needs a quick spot cleaning. Would I buy this again? No. Good product, but too inconvenient to clean and maintain.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by luvbug753

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was very hesitant about buying this product but after a couple of months I caved in and purchased the set that included 2 sponges and the sponge cleaner. I have used damped sponges before and loved the flawless coverage it gave me. The only problems that I had with other sponges was that when dampened they became a little harder to work with because they were not as dense. I love the beauty blender because I get the same effect but its much easier to work with. It covers a larger area and you can get a better grip because it is a larger sponge which is important when you are trying to stipple your foundation on. I really like that there is no tugging of my skin especially when I am putting my under eye concealer and that my concealer doesn't settle on the fine lines around my eyes. Product just gets perfectly distributed. Its egg shape really helps when you want to cover small areas, just have to use the narrow side. Overall a great tool. Very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by vester1228

Love, love, love this item! It makes foundation go on unbelievably beautiful, gives a really flawless finish. I also use it for my undereye concealer and the shape is fantasic and really gets into the eye area perfectly. Well worth the money. I have thrown out all my other sponges.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by behappy08

I was very skeptical about this little pink sponge. I taught it was just a sponge! In my opinion It has exceeded my expectations. I have always applied my liquid foundation with my fingers, I don't really care for brushes. The beauty blender gives me the best finish for my liquid foundation. I use the sponge damp, I think it gives a more natural flawless finish. I use it with MUFE mat velvet plus. It looks as if I am not wearing foundation. It washes well. I am really pleased with the pink sponge. I will repurchase again. On days when I don't use it I can really tell the difference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

EDIT: I stopped using BeautyBlender. I started using EL maximum cover foundation and with this, the Beautyblender just does not work! I think the foundation is too thick or the formula is too creamy or something. Rediscovered my hands as a foundation application tool :) I also use water spray (from Avène) to finish and with this water I also get a nice healthy airbrushed look so no need for expensive sponge at the time... I also found that is absorbed too much product... Might restart using it in the future with other foundation!

Oh My God. I was so sceptical (I mean so much money for a sponge?!) but this is really amazing. I look sooo healthy wow when I use this! I use it for foundation, concealer, blush (even powder), bronzer, highlighter and yes, sometimes even eyeshadow. It gives such a great, instantly blended result!!! Best queeze it few times under the tap and it will grow instantly. In the morning I never have the patience for all the make up fuss but this little thing makes aplication so fast and gives such amazing results.
Downside is that indeed, it does not clean very fast and it's a lot of money for a sponge but I will use it as long as it works, and I've heard one sponge can survive almost a year so we'll see.
I never have used another sponge so cannot compare.
I do have the impression it soaks up a lot of product, but I use Revlon so luckily my foundation does not cost too much. I ordered it from www.shimmerskincare.com as you cannot buy it in Belgium and their customer service is SUPER! (free cute gift, 20% off next purchase, great packaging, fast, sweet note)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by DivineMsN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All I can say is wow! I love this sponge. I ran out and got one after reading the reviews and I was not disappointed. It applies make-up flawlessly and better than all the MAC brushes I have combined. I have not used a brush since I bought this. I bought it with the cleaner that is designed for it and it works well. I clean it after each use and have not had issues with it smelling or breeding bacteria.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by bloodnite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this to apply foundation and tinted moisturizer and it works great. The shape makes it easy to apply concealer under the eyes. The first few times cleaning it, the water turned pink. I use dr. bronner's soap to clean it and that works well. No need to buy their expensive cleanser. I like that it is made in the USA, I returned the knock off Sonia Kashuk one because it was made in China.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The miracle egg! Omg how i love this sponge. This tiny pink egg delivers amazing results with foundation, cream blush, highlighters, u name it. Applys better than any brush ive tryed. Makes foundation look airbrushed, soft and perfect. Cant live without my pink egg! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by StaceyTX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd wanted this product for about 6 months and finally broke down and bought it after my Sonia Kashuk sponge was a flop. I love this thing! It applies my liquid foundation and concealer beautifully and is pretty easy to clean with baby shampoo. I have noticed quite a bit of hot pink dye going down the drain when I wash it, but I assume that will go away after a few more washes. This is definitely worth the money and I will repurchase once my two wear out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by taliajune

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't live without these! Nothing applies foundation better than these pink bouncy cuties. They are very long lasting as well (might sound gross but I have been using the same one for about a year)- don't ridicule me, I wash it really well with anti bacterial soap and have never broken out. If anything it isn't as vibrant as it was when I first bought it, but it still does it's job. It's easy to get under the eyes, around the nose brows and hairline with this sponge. Flawless natural finish every time. It helps your makeup look like perfect skin. Will always repurchase (I already bought backups for travel).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No