August 20, 2014 | 1848 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by cherryshake290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I've used Everyday Minerals and Pure Luxe, and this stuff is the best deal. The color selection is a bit lacking, and I had to mix some lighter Pure Luxe samples in with it to achieve the right color, but it turned out alright.
The coverage is excellent and does not appear cakey. To apply, I actually tap some powder through the sifter into the round lid and use it from there. You only need a little bit, so it lasts forever. I've had it for about three months or so and I use it 5x a week and still have a little over half remaining. For only $11, this is a way better deal than the online retailers, and works just the same if not better. After a few hours I usually need to apply some powder, because it doesn't stay matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by dacocoa

With the high costs of mineral foundation out there i came across a cheaper alternative, Mineral Wear. I decided to try the cheaper because i wasn't sure if my skin would be allergic to any of the ingredients.

Anyways, i decided loose powder because my skin does get oily during the day so the loose powder would soak up some of the oil.

So the packaging i only give a two because the plastic lid easily comes off and when you open the other lid to access the powder, powder flys up and makes the air dusty. I do like that the packaging comes with a sifter for the powder.

The item does include a kabuki like brush but i have abandoned it because it does not hold a lot of product and is terrible at blending; i find that a sponge is more effective. For a while i was using my MAC 187 SE but the brush doesn't hold the powder in so makes a mess.

The actual product is pretty good; it's finely milled and not chunky. I love that it conceals redness pretty well and that there is a reasonable range in shades. It also blends well with a sponge. If you want heavy coverage i would not recommend this product; this coverage is light to medium.

I would purchase this product again because it is mineral and is inexpensive. I would later in the future find an alternative container, perferably with a screw lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Reannaxo185

I have only been using this product for a day and i love it already! It is a bit messy but it cleans up easy. I was using covergirl trublend mineral loose powder and this is a huge step up. It actually matches my skin tone and doesn't stick to my dry skin! The brush could be a little better but it works. I totally recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by pinkuz

I have two of these: creamy natural and translucent light.

I find that as foundation, this powder does a really good job. It does not give me breakouts, it is easy to apply and gives a nice finish with staying power.

Price-wise, I used to avoid this brand because of its high price point when compared to other drugstore brands. However, I think it is well worth it.

The packaging is quite unique too and gives the product an interesting look. The brush could have been softer though. I think they may have modified it as the newer one I got was significantly of softer bristle quality...I could be just imagining it though haha.

On color selection though, I found it quite tough to find the right color match. I'm Asian with fair skin and pink undertones. The creamy natural shade seemed fine when in the package but made my face look orange. This was a surprising as my usual shade in other foundation brands fell under creamy natural--and yet this did not match. Anyway, I tried translucent light and thankfully the color matched perfectly.

All in all, it's a great buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2007 8:05:00 PM More reviews by xoxo_pink24

I like this powder for days when I don't need a ton of coverage. I use my BE kabuki brush to buff this stuff on, and it really evens out my skintone. It's especially good for using around the corners of my nose to cover discolorations. However, this stuff doesn't really control oil, and it my face doesn't look very fresh at the end of a long day. Although if I blot my face, and apply Clinique Stay Matte over this, it seems to help quite a bit. I'll still repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by amay77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so upset over this powder. I love it so much but it breaks me out terribly. Every time I use it I wake up with breakouts, every single time. The color is great, feels great and covers wonderfully. I dont know what in it breaks me out but sadly it does. I'd say if your not prone to breakouts this powder is worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by corrinetam

I had high hopes for this product, and read through lots of reviews before buying it. I am disappointed, it really isn't the product for me. The powder feels smooth when i test it on my hand, but over foundation the colour changes and turns orange on contact! By itself, it's chalky and noticable on my face, even after I exfoliate and moisturize. It is hard to blend even with my soft brush and separates on my skin by the end of the day. For the price, this product is not worth it! At least not for me...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by luke_ava_leah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I brought this MMU when I ran out of my BE foundation. I must say that out of all the MMU besides BE this is my favorite. The only thing is that the color match is not as good as BE for me. Otherwise I like it very much. I apply BE Warmth over the Creamy Natural and it looks really good. A very good MMU for the $.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2007 2:51:00 AM More reviews by gkhulan89

I really really love this product. I have an ultra sensitive skin and this works for me perfectly. I had a terrible acne prone skin prior using this product but now.... my skin is back to NORMAL. I never broke out again and this product makes me look so natural that I don't even want to look at any other products anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 6:32:00 PM More reviews by didi83

I love this product. I used to buy liquid foundations but ive been trying to figure out what was making me break out...I decided to stop wearing liquid foundation and bought this loose powder in Buff beige and Creamy natural (to see which one would be a perfect match for my skin). Creamy Natural is more for someone with pink undertones(not too pink) while buff beige is more yellow. I actually like both. Buff beige seems to be a decent color match for me while creamy natural covers every single imperfection better...Strange...Maybe buff beige is too light for me? ANYWAYS, i just love how much coverage this has without looking like you have tons of makeup...I honestly stopped breaking out...I dont even have to put concealer under, it really does cover everything! I suggest this to anyone...