October 1, 2014 | 1775 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Iammelody

I bought this in Translucent Light. At first I wasin't that thrilled with this one because of the stupid packaging, and I also didn't know how to use it properly. After learning from my mistakes, this makes a wonderful foundation on its own, rather than just being a finishing powder(works well for that too).
The key is to blend well especially in redder areas. I have to work it a bit, but the end result is worth it. This works so much better than my beloved Maybelline Purestay which is crap compared to this stuff. And It really does feel like a second skin. Not heavy at all. I also notice that this dosen't have that pinkish undertone that most d/s foundations seem have. This color matches me perfectly.
For the record, I'm acne prone, have red acne scars, big pores, alot of red areas and dry/oily skin. With this I have to admit for once I look FLAWLESS.....Until I take it off. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2008 5:54:00 AM More reviews by superha74

After reading all the reviews, I decided to give this product a try. The Buff Beige was the shade I brought home and at first, I tried using it to set my make-up with a fluffy powder brush. I was using MAC Studio Fix(NC35) but it's too dark a shade for me now that it's winter time...this definitely did not have the staying power of my Studio Fix powder and the finish kind of took the life out of my skin.
Then I tried using it as my foundation by applying this over my Smashbox primer with a dense face brush from Philosophy. It looked chalky and it settled into my pores.
Just as I was about to chuck this product, I decided to give it one last try. This time I used the mini Kabuki brush that came with the product over my Dr. Feelgood primer. I couldn't believe my eyes!!! My skin was smooth and luminous without looking glittery. The shine in my T-zone was gone and my skin didn't look flat and lifeless. I applied my blush right on top and after a spritz of Fix+ I was done and didn't have to retouch all day. I guess the firmness of the brush was the key, since all the brushes I had used prior were all soft and had too much"give". I'm loving the finish now and as an added plus, I've noticed a reduction in redness that I naturally have in my skin. Very happy with this product...just wish the packaging wasn't so crappy. When you tap it into the fliplid, there doesn't seem to be enough product and when you tap it into the dome lid, it's too much. Other than that, I will be using this for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by cherryshake290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I've used Everyday Minerals and Pure Luxe, and this stuff is the best deal. The color selection is a bit lacking, and I had to mix some lighter Pure Luxe samples in with it to achieve the right color, but it turned out alright.
The coverage is excellent and does not appear cakey. To apply, I actually tap some powder through the sifter into the round lid and use it from there. You only need a little bit, so it lasts forever. I've had it for about three months or so and I use it 5x a week and still have a little over half remaining. For only $11, this is a way better deal than the online retailers, and works just the same if not better. After a few hours I usually need to apply some powder, because it doesn't stay matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2007 8:22:00 PM More reviews by dacocoa

With the high costs of mineral foundation out there i came across a cheaper alternative, Mineral Wear. I decided to try the cheaper because i wasn't sure if my skin would be allergic to any of the ingredients.

Anyways, i decided loose powder because my skin does get oily during the day so the loose powder would soak up some of the oil.

So the packaging i only give a two because the plastic lid easily comes off and when you open the other lid to access the powder, powder flys up and makes the air dusty. I do like that the packaging comes with a sifter for the powder.

The item does include a kabuki like brush but i have abandoned it because it does not hold a lot of product and is terrible at blending; i find that a sponge is more effective. For a while i was using my MAC 187 SE but the brush doesn't hold the powder in so makes a mess.

The actual product is pretty good; it's finely milled and not chunky. I love that it conceals redness pretty well and that there is a reasonable range in shades. It also blends well with a sponge. If you want heavy coverage i would not recommend this product; this coverage is light to medium.

I would purchase this product again because it is mineral and is inexpensive. I would later in the future find an alternative container, perferably with a screw lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Reannaxo185

I have only been using this product for a day and i love it already! It is a bit messy but it cleans up easy. I was using covergirl trublend mineral loose powder and this is a huge step up. It actually matches my skin tone and doesn't stick to my dry skin! The brush could be a little better but it works. I totally recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2007 12:40:00 AM More reviews by pinkuz

I have two of these: creamy natural and translucent light.

I find that as foundation, this powder does a really good job. It does not give me breakouts, it is easy to apply and gives a nice finish with staying power.

Price-wise, I used to avoid this brand because of its high price point when compared to other drugstore brands. However, I think it is well worth it.

The packaging is quite unique too and gives the product an interesting look. The brush could have been softer though. I think they may have modified it as the newer one I got was significantly of softer bristle quality...I could be just imagining it though haha.

On color selection though, I found it quite tough to find the right color match. I'm Asian with fair skin and pink undertones. The creamy natural shade seemed fine when in the package but made my face look orange. This was a surprising as my usual shade in other foundation brands fell under creamy natural--and yet this did not match. Anyway, I tried translucent light and thankfully the color matched perfectly.

All in all, it's a great buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2007 8:05:00 PM More reviews by xoxo_pink24

I like this powder for days when I don't need a ton of coverage. I use my BE kabuki brush to buff this stuff on, and it really evens out my skintone. It's especially good for using around the corners of my nose to cover discolorations. However, this stuff doesn't really control oil, and it my face doesn't look very fresh at the end of a long day. Although if I blot my face, and apply Clinique Stay Matte over this, it seems to help quite a bit. I'll still repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2007 10:42:00 PM More reviews by amay77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so upset over this powder. I love it so much but it breaks me out terribly. Every time I use it I wake up with breakouts, every single time. The color is great, feels great and covers wonderfully. I dont know what in it breaks me out but sadly it does. I'd say if your not prone to breakouts this powder is worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by corrinetam

I had high hopes for this product, and read through lots of reviews before buying it. I am disappointed, it really isn't the product for me. The powder feels smooth when i test it on my hand, but over foundation the colour changes and turns orange on contact! By itself, it's chalky and noticable on my face, even after I exfoliate and moisturize. It is hard to blend even with my soft brush and separates on my skin by the end of the day. For the price, this product is not worth it! At least not for me...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by luke_ava_leah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I brought this MMU when I ran out of my BE foundation. I must say that out of all the MMU besides BE this is my favorite. The only thing is that the color match is not as good as BE for me. Otherwise I like it very much. I apply BE Warmth over the Creamy Natural and it looks really good. A very good MMU for the $.