September 20, 2014 | 1764 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2006 4:35:00 PM More reviews by LyssyLew

Wow, this is a great product! I definitely recommend it to anyone with oily skin! I use less than a spoonful of the clay, and a tablespoon of ACV. It created a wonderful, mousse like consistency. After it dried, I could feel my face pulsating, just like the tub said. I leave it on for an hour. I personally like the peel some peices off because it allows me to completely remove dirt and oil. You have work a bit to get it off, but I still give it five lippies. Plus, it comes in a large tub that I can't imagine finishing any time soon! EDIT: Definitely DON'T try laughing with this on... ouch!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 11:56:00 PM More reviews by krissmass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff IS pretty cool... I used to use it all the time when I was younger and still breaking out. I mixed it with vinegar and loved the foaminess and smooth texture. I remember the PULSATING... it made you feel like your pores were being purged or something. I think this is probably the best clay-type masks you can buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2006 3:52:00 PM More reviews by coley

I recently bought this and used it. I had a period bump and the next morning after using the mask the pimple was dry and into its healing stage. I plan on using the mask once a week and I hope to see great improvement. I'll post my comments after I've used it for about month. However, I am really impressed how it healed my period pimple overnight.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2006 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Oboechic08

This is for sure one of my HG skin products. Way better than any drugstore or department mask I've tried.. and that's a lot. This stuff is so pure. The label and packaging aren't the most attractive, so I wasn't expecting much when I tried it. WHOA.. I was wrong. This is simply amazing for my skin. I have oily, very acne prone skin with clogged pores. After one use my skin was much smoother and any bumps were far smaller, like everything in them had been sucked right out. I take a spoonful of the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay, and mix it in a bowl with Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar until I get a gooey paste. A few minutes after putting it on I feel a definite tingle, and then.. the PULSATING. Yes, it says it pulsates on the back of the jar, and it really does. Any large pimples I have seem to pulsate more than other parts of my face. I often run up to the mirror to see if I can see it with my own eyes, haha. The bentonite (clay) physically sucks out impurities. After about 30-40 minutes the mask is hard, and admittedly, uncomfortable. I rinse with WARM water (this is important, or else it won't come off) and warm water only. My face is very red, which will go away by the time I wake up. I've been using it anywhere from 4 times a week to once every other week for the last 6 months. It's helped clear up my skin in a major way. I'd definitely buy again, though I don't know when that will be since the jar lasts for so long..

EDIT: Wow, so many reviews since I first wrote this! My skin is a lot better now (maybe I'm growing out my acne... yay!) but I still use this when I feel like having a spa day or I have a bad breakout. I no longer get all that red after using this, either. My boyfriend has made comments about my skin on two occasions after using this... "You look all glow-y" and "You look soft." Definitely helps reduce pore size. If you have the kind of skin that really benefits from extractions, try this.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2006 10:32:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

Be careful with this stuff--it's super-strong! I accidentally left it on for about five minutes too long and ended up with a red, blotchy face. This is a clay powder that you mix with apple cider vinegar to make the mask. It is simple and effective--the tightening/suctioning sensation is pretty intense. It dries very hard and is difficult to remove. I think a washcloth might've helped as I just tried rinsing it off with water. I ended up having to pull small chunks of mushy clay off my face because it was taking too long. Face was left (red and blotchy, but that was my fault) smooth and soft. You do get an enormous tub of this for your 8 or so dollars so it's overall a good value. Probably will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2006 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Kath22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have disgustingly clogged skin on my nose and cheeks (bad skin-care when I was an oily teen) and if I squeeze, I get tons of gunk from the pores there. I had accepted that this was something I had to live with, since everything Iíve tried, from salicylic acid to the OCM, had either helped a little or not at all. But then, this stuff came to my rescue! I just mix it (in a non-metal bowl, with a non-metal spoon) with some Braggs apple cider vinegar and apply it to my face. I let it dry, trying to ignore the occasional slight stinging, and the throb, then rinse. This stuff is a major pain to rinse. I highly recommend doing it in the shower. When I rinse it off, my face is extremely red. (The redness does go away within about 30 mins, though. Sometimes if my skin feels a little irritated, I apply a thin coat of honey for 20 mins. Oh, and I always follow with a thin coat of jojoba oil. Donít want to clog those newly cleaned pores.) Why, if it has all these negatives, am I giving it 5 stars? Because when I squeeze my problem areas after using this, I get almost no gunk. I used it regularly for a month, and couldnít get any gunk out of those areas ever! Then I got lazy, and stopped for a while. Return of the gunk. When I started using it again, it got better again. I have not noticed a big difference in breakouts one way or the other with this, but I donít break out that often, and when I do, itís big, hormonal, under-the-skin acne, so Iím not upset. My biggest skin complaint was all the clogged pores, but this is eradicating it. I wouldnít recommend it for really sensitive skin, but mine is mildly sensitive and it hasnít given me problems.

My google research tells me the bentonite this is made out of forms an electro-magnetic field when hydrated, which literally pulls the toxins out of your skin. And we all know that ACV is good for your skin. The combination of the two can only be a good thing.

I bought this at Whole Foods for about $10, for a huge tub of it. You can find it online at MotherNature.com, and other spots. For more info, the website is Aztec-secret.com.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2006 5:25:00 AM More reviews by melisaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff really works! I mixed the clay with organic apple cider vinegar (which smells awful but not so bad after mixing). I let it dry about 20 minutes which can really be felt (a strong tightening) during that time, and then I washed it off with warm water. I have never seen my face that clean in my life, each pore completely clean, not a single blackhead on my nose left! It also left my skin feeling super soft and smooth. My forehead was a little pink after washing this off too, but it went away shortly. Also, make sure to use a thin enough layer or it'll take too long to dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2006 8:21:00 AM More reviews by goblin_king_groupie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

okay, this is a huge tub of bentonite clay powder-one lb to be exact. you just add water to make a paste. i add rosewater, or vitamin c, or a little jojoba to add other benefits. apply it all over your face, and you can FEEL this working--it tightens way more than the average clay mask. my skin does look cleaner and smoother after using this, and there is so much in here, i don't see myself running out for a very long time. i found this for $5 at whole foods. cheap, simple, effective. what more can you ask for? :)