December 21, 2014 | 885 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2005 4:47:00 AM More reviews by ilec

Used this for about a week, I don't see any improvement to my sensitive skin. It is too drying and hard to rinse completely, like there is a slippy flim left on my face, I prefer the squeaky clean feeling.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2005 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Beli

I used this twice... Liked that my face did not feel dried out. It felt calming and soothing during the wash. However after each wash, I woke up with a few itchy red bumps and pimples on my cheek! And this was the only new product to my routine. I even got a huge red hive on my chin area that I washed... Perhaps I am too sensitive to the botanical part of this product.
I bought this after reading the raves on this board... but am disappointed to find that I may not be able to use this product. I returned the product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2005 12:45:00 AM More reviews by ladyz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this because of the good reviews. I'm happy I did. It's a nice soft cleanser, and surprisingly the foam doesn't disintegrate when you're washing your face. One to two pumps of foam is plenty. It hasn't irritated my skin, leaves a nice soft feeling, not greasy or dry at all. The "feverfew" ingredient does seem to tone down any redness or irritation. Pretty happy and will continue to purchase. My other favorite is Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, which works for me better in the summer when my skin is a little oilier or when I'm wearing a lot of makeup. **UPDATE** 11/20/05, I started noticing some red and dry patches on my face. I still kept using it, but this past weekend I went on a trip and used my old standby, Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash (I have it in a travel bottle). After three days of the switch, my skin looks so much better. No redness and my skin is smooth. I don't know why I bother trying other stuff. My tried-and-true routine works for me every time. (Purpose cleanser, EA Perpetual Moisure at night, Olay Complete sensitive SPF 15 day)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2005 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Sweetest_Taboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this stuff b/c it feels awesome when I put it on my face, and I love the foaming action. It rinses off so easily, and it seems to agree w/ my skin. A nice, basic cleanser that I can use in the A.M.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2005 2:24:00 AM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product to begin with, it removes make up well and doesn't leave the skin feeling stripped. However, it broke me out. This was the only new product I had added to my regime in 2 months...I stopped, cleared up and then tried again but I had breakouts. Too bad...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2005 2:38:00 PM More reviews by sarahbella1012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The last time I used Aveeno to cleanse it was the Positively Radiant formula, which seemed fine, but then I got HOOKED on Dove and they discontinued it, so next I tried Neutrogena which left my skin TIGHT AND HORRIBLE, so this is the next up. I love that they changed the packaging to include a cap, so when I travel, this can come with. This formula is great. It's VERY gentle, fragrance free and doesn't leave me with any skin problems or tightness. My skin is SEVERELY dry and since we're heading into cold weather in Michigan I have to be on top of the skin care regimen. It seems to do a good job of make-up removal as well. I picked this up for $6.49 at Target. Will repurchase (unless my Dove comes back! but this might actually be better)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2005 12:15:00 AM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cleans effectively as far as I can feel and see on a washcloth but not overdrying or irritating and leaves no residue or even the slightest film. There are no harsh smells or ingredients that strip or sensitize. Great cleanser!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2005 4:28:00 PM More reviews by andreautick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used every cleanser from Dove bar cleanser, Clinique, to Lancome, Darphin and Philosophy. This is the best, by far. I'm reviewing it after using it for 2 months (I am still not done with the bottle yet, either!). I LOVE this cleanser. Not only is it cheap and easy to find (I get mine at WalMart), it is great for sensitive skin, and it hasn't irritated my prone-to-breakout skin. Every other cleanser I've ever tried has eventually clogged my pores and caused breakout, making my skin worse after I start using it. But, now my skin is steadily improving in texture, clarity, and evenness, and getting better as far as blemishes. I moisturize with a few drops of pure jojoba oil, and my skin has never been better. I love it and recommend it. The bottle isn't *the best* as the pump doesn't work very well towards the bottom of the bottle, but, I don't really care, the product is still great!

EDIT: Like I've said in other reviews, my skin needs have kind of changed. My skin is drier and needs more moisture from a cleanser, so I use Laventine cleansing oil. But, this is still great stuff for sensitive non-dry skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2005 7:58:00 PM More reviews by teddy_toilet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favourite cleanser. I usually am always changing cleansers but I've stuck with this one. Nothing leaves my skin so clean without dryness, and it really does reduce redness, even in blemishes. The smell is not great but inoffensive (a weird, chemically herb scent) and I love how it foams up but does dry out or irritate my skin. I definatly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by lapin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a rather new product for me, as I've only been using it about evey other day for the last two weeks, but that seems like adequate time for this product. This is a really nice cleanser! I have oily skin, that is easily clogged and rough, and this, while not being a treatment product, helps my skin by gently cleansing it without stripping it or roughing it up too much. If I am wearing tenacious sunscreen, I rub a little sunflower oil into my skin first, and then follow with this cleanser. I like that it comes out as a foam, and so you're not mashing into your face trying to get it to foam and distribute evenly. Definitely helps me in treating my face more gently (as I tend to want to 'kill it' with treatments and scrubs, etc).