Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Ppg-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Polysorbate 20, Peg-16 Soy Sterol, Citric Acid, Feverfew Extract, Soybean Protein, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Sarcosine, Potassium Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Coco Pg-Dimonium Chloride, Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Tetrasodium Edta, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide

on 11/21/2005 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a good morning cleanser, but this is NOT strong enough to remove make-up at the end of the day. (At least for me it isn't.) I found after using this for over a month, that I was getting clogged pores, and I could see small lumps and bumps under my skin when I looked in the mirror. My skin didn't turn red, and I didn't get full-blown acne, I just started having small blackheads and that sort of problem. (Hey, I'm 43 years old!) I switched to a creamier cleanser (Prescriptives & Lauder) at night, and my skin has definitely improved.

Just for the record, I don't apply my make-up with a spackle, nor apply it so thick that I look like a corpse. As a test to see how good this cleanser was at removing thin layers of foundation and/or concealer... I applied some on the back of my hand and rubbed it in. Then I used this Aveeno cleanser, rubbed it in, then rinsed. There was still ALOT of foundation left on the back of my hand! This was all the proof I needed that Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser is just "too calm" to handle a serious job like make-up removal before bedtime; hence, the clogged pores. All things being considered, I will finish using this as a morning cleanser, but I probably won't be buying it again. I don't want to have 10 different cleansers cluttering my pedestal sink. I think Dove foaming cleanser did the job much better, and for less. continued >>

on 11/21/2005 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Best facewash I've ever used. It's extremely gentle and washes off face makeup but i still use my Nuetrogena fresh foaming cleanser to remove mascara just so i get it all off. Nice n foamy n has a calming slightly cool feel on my face after a long day. I find it most effective if you exfoliate with a facial buffer while washing then put a moisturizer on while my face is still wet ( I use cetaphil lotion b/c its the only heavy moisturizer that doesnt make me break out, I think it's actually helped fade some of my scars:o) For the winter and in the summer i use Neutrogena oil free for combo skin. I've been using this facewash for almost three months and my skin never looks this nice in cold weather:o) I'm happy, I deff reccomend it. Oh, and when the pump starts sticking it means its time to buy a new bottle. You dont want to wash your face with diluted products anyways

on 11/20/2005 9:59:00 PM

I really like this cleanser so far...took off one lippie cause it was a tad drying at first but after a couple of days face not as dry. I will keep u posted....EDITED: This is a very nice non-drying face wash however I felt like I had to use tons to get my sunscreen off. If you use cleansing oil this face wash would be a wonderful follow up cleanser. It caused no breakouts for me.

on 11/19/2005 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Thought I'd give this a try because it seemed my post-adolescent skin had finally stopped breaking out (I'm almost 22) but could use a little help when it came to redness here and there. After about a week and a half of use, I started getting acne worse than I have in years.

IN THE TRASH THIS GOES! I was so disappointed as I've heard great things. I did leave my face soft, I suppose, but now, thanks to this and the medication I've had to slap on to get rid of the zits it caused, my face is in worse shape than ever; here's hoping Cetaphil will help. Would NEVER repurchase and I'd warn friends off of it!

on 11/18/2005 1:23:00 PM

I thought this would be a great product for my dry sensitive skin. I tend to get red at the drop of a hat, particularly when the weather changes. Well, this stuff just made my skin drier, particularly flakey patches on my cheeks and around my nose. I went back to my old standby: Dove Beauty Bar for Sensitive Skin (I know, weird to use SOAP on my face, but whatever, it works). My skin is much happier now. Would not repurchase.

on 11/16/2005 9:33:00 PM

THIS IS FOR PEOPLE WITH DRY SKIN. I bought this because of the good reviews. I'm very picky with cleansers because my eyes and skin are sensitive, and my skin is dry and flaky with acne. This cleanser has worked good in taking off my makeup and not leaving my skin dry or red. I will probably use this at night and use my Neutrogena 60 second pore cleansing mask in the morning, because that gets rid of the blackheads.

on 11/15/2005 4:47:00 AM

Used this for about a week, I don't see any improvement to my sensitive skin. It is too drying and hard to rinse completely, like there is a slippy flim left on my face, I prefer the squeaky clean feeling.

on 11/15/2005 4:38:00 AM

I used this twice... Liked that my face did not feel dried out. It felt calming and soothing during the wash. However after each wash, I woke up with a few itchy red bumps and pimples on my cheek! And this was the only new product to my routine. I even got a huge red hive on my chin area that I washed... Perhaps I am too sensitive to the botanical part of this product.
I bought this after reading the raves on this board... but am disappointed to find that I may not be able to use this product. I returned the product.

on 11/12/2005 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Got this because of the good reviews. I'm happy I did. It's a nice soft cleanser, and surprisingly the foam doesn't disintegrate when you're washing your face. One to two pumps of foam is plenty. It hasn't irritated my skin, leaves a nice soft feeling, not greasy or dry at all. The "feverfew" ingredient does seem to tone down any redness or irritation. Pretty happy and will continue to purchase. My other favorite is Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, which works for me better in the summer when my skin is a little oilier or when I'm wearing a lot of makeup. **UPDATE** 11/20/05, I started noticing some red and dry patches on my face. I still kept using it, but this past weekend I went on a trip and used my old standby, Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash (I have it in a travel bottle). After three days of the switch, my skin looks so much better. No redness and my skin is smooth. I don't know why I bother trying other stuff. My tried-and-true routine works for me every time. (Purpose cleanser, EA Perpetual Moisure at night, Olay Complete sensitive SPF 15 day)

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like this stuff b/c it feels awesome when I put it on my face, and I love the foaming action. It rinses off so easily, and it seems to agree w/ my skin. A nice, basic cleanser that I can use in the A.M.