April 17, 2014 | 1017 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2005 12:17:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

Unlike the other products in the Aveeno Ultra-Calming line, this cleanser is unfragranced, and it actually is gentle and I suppose calming. I have extremely sensitive skin with rosacea and have experienced no irritation from using this. The only problem is that it does not remove makeup that well, and I don't even wear heavy makeup. I always have to use a separate makeup remover to get off all of my mascara, eyeliner, etc. and I find that a bit annoying. I like a cleanser that will take off everything in one step. I will use up this bottle but not sure if I will repurchase. Aveeno's products tend to be rather expensive for a drugstore brand so I have to be pretty "wowed" by them to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2005 3:39:00 PM More reviews by awakewang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This cleanser is very gentle. It cleans the skin very well and the face won't feel tight after using it. Definitely will repurchase it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2005 3:09:00 AM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I am in love with this cleanser! Been using this with the matching face cream for a week and wow am I pleased! My face started going nuts this past January with hormonal breakouts and I've been using all kinds of different brands. None of the creams or face washes have really been doing anything significant for my skin. I bought the Aveeno cleanser and cream just to see if it might work and it does! The facewash is light and does not break me out at all. I do have to use two pumps to clean my face and then repeat to get it really clean if I have makeup on. After I wash my face it's a bit red but that's nothing new with my skin. When I apply the matching night cream my skin calms right down. I will keep buying this face cleanser as long as my skin continues to have good results with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2005 11:29:00 PM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe how much I love this cleanser! The pump causes the cleanser to come out as a foam, but it's a light, airy foam (not super-concentrated or harsh). It cleanses off makeup and sunscreen easily without being stripping and drying. It's a *little* drying, but I am very dryness-prone. I'm also breakout-prone, and this cleanser hasn't broken me out either!

I tried Ponds Pristine Clean foaming cleanser first, and its foam was very dense and concentrated (and very, very drying in only one use) so I was nervous about trying the Aveeno UltraCalming Foaming, but I'm so glad I did! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2005 12:35:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this product, I'm a big fan of foams !!! I noticed I began breaking out from my B&BW Rose Wonder Cream =( I was forced to switch to something new... This foam doesn't dry my face out, but I notice a little tightness on my cheeks. It's very soothing though. I will update if I experience anything negative.

***UPDATE***- this foam has irritated my rosacea horribly, I'm beginning to think I'll never find anything compatiable with my damn skin !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2005 8:18:00 PM More reviews by abfrey974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not usually a fan of foaming cleansers, but am liking this one so far. Have been using for approx. 2 weeks and have seen less redness in my skin. Does not remove 100% of the little bit of make up I wear on a daily basis. I mainly use this in the AM. Would recommend for red irritated skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2005 10:35:00 AM More reviews by BeKind20thers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Surprisingly enough, from a drugstore brand this cleanser does the trick. It washes off makeup well, leaves my skin feeling smooth, and doesn't make my sensitive skin red and irritated. I will repurchase this when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2005 2:44:00 PM More reviews by MisseKast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally!!! A product that will not irritate my skin no matter what season, time, etc....that I use it. Used Purpose Face wash for many years and although that is very gentle too it irritated my super sensitive face in the morning. Not so with this cleanser! The pump is what makes it foam not the ingredients so its not drying like all other foaming cleansers. Feels super soft on your skin, is very hygenic thanks to the pump dispenses a good amount and is good for all types of skin except maybe the super strong oily skinned kind that doesn't breakout. However most of us with oily skin do breakout and treat our skin harshly trying to get rid of it, this cleanser is the perfect addition to your anti-acne regimine or just for those with dry and/or sensitive skin. Love the day moisturizer too with spf!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2005 11:10:00 PM More reviews by katieanng

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have fairly dry skin and I rarely use foaming cleansers because they are often too drying. I can't remember what led me to buying this except the price was really fantastic and I'd heard it was a great product.

This is really foamy. So foamy that I was certain it would be too drying. It is not. It cleans thoroughly and then rinses off clean. I can't remember if it has any kind of odor that could be offensive. Most likely not.

Makeup comes off completely with this. I follow this with the aspirin toner and then a BHA product and then a THICK moisturizer where needed. I was so sure that I would feel as if my skin were stripped but that isn't so. I would say that this is perfect for sensitive or slightly dry skin.

Long term effects have yet to be seen. I have stopped breaking out a bit but I can't immediately contribute that to this product. My face is definitely less irritated. Beautiful packaging. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2005 8:16:00 PM More reviews by il23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the absolute best cleansers I have ever tried. I've been using it for a week now. I see a bit of improvement in my redness, blackheads, and overall complexion. I love the packaging, a pump dispenser, it's very hygenic. It cleans off all my makeup and leaves my skin fresh, not stripped. I would definitely repurchase this and it's very reasonably priced. (8$USD)