July 31, 2014 | 2074 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2005 4:50:00 PM More reviews by HeatherMarieLawrence

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this facewash..I'm completely ecstatic. I started using it about a week ago. I have dramatic improvement. I have very acne prone, sensitive skin. I have been using Pro Activ for the past 3 months. It made my face dry, red, and instead of healing the pimples, they were just hidden under my skin. When I stopped using the Pro Activ, it's like they all came back out of hiding. This Aveeno Calming facewash truly lives up to its name. It is helping clear my face of the pimples, moisturizing, and reducing redness. I am in love with it. Now, for the perfect moisturizer...Any suggestions?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2005 3:30:00 PM More reviews by LL712

I've been in the market for a cleanser for a long time. Cleansers I've used: Paula's Choice Cleanser Normal/Dry and Skin Balancing, Prescriptives Fresh Foaming and a couple Lumene. I saw this on sale at CVS and decided to give it a try. I wasn't sure what to expect since my skin is normal/slightly dry/sometimes oily in spots (is that combination?) and prone to breakouts/blackheads if I use something that doesn't agree with my skin. I've been using it for 1 month now and can truly say that I saw results within a few days. Immediately after washing, I notice that my skin isn't tight and truly feels clean with no lingering residue. There is no funky scent and the light foam can be deceiving. It really does clean.

Packaging: I really like the pump! It makes for easy travel.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone with normal to slightly dry/slightly oily skin and sensitive skin individuals. Thumbs up; I'll be buying again. If anything changes, I'll let you all know!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2005 10:32:00 PM More reviews by esamms

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My long search for cleanser is over! The cleanser I've used for years was discontinued not too long ago, and I'd been through at least a dozen bad ones until I found this new gem by Aveeno. I have dry, sensitive skin, and this face wash doesn't irritate it in the least! It removes every trace of makeup, and doesn't make my skin feel tight at all... rather, it feels somewhat moisturized. I don't know that it's made my skin actually LOOK any better, but I didn't expect it to. All I want is a simple cleanser, and now I've found it! I won't stray from this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2005 12:58:00 PM More reviews by BriChz

This is a really great face wash. I've been using it for the past couple of weeks and my skin is noticeably smoother, softer, and more even. I have pretty sensitive skin, especially since I use prescription cream at night, and this has been perfect. It's really gentle b/c it's soap-free, but it still removes make-up. I highly recommend this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2005 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Lilo1013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser is quite interesting. it foams but its soap free! and i dont know what the soap free feature does exactly but its working for my skin! My skin has never felt softer and cleaner. Its not drying and has a faint smell but not in a bad way. I've tried other aveeno cleansers before but this is the one that didnt have any bad effects on me. I'm not sure if my redness is going away but my skin does feel calmer... maybe its all the marketing but whatever! i feel comfy with this and i'm sticking to it! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2005 6:48:00 PM More reviews by sarah6ee88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite cleanser :o) I love this stuff! I've been using it for about a week now and it makes my face so soft after i wash it. My skin looks less fatigued than usual and most of the redness has gone away. I have acne/combonation skin and this stuff is working wonders for me... I dont even wear foundation anymore. :o) thank you aveeno, it's about time!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2005 12:17:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

Unlike the other products in the Aveeno Ultra-Calming line, this cleanser is unfragranced, and it actually is gentle and I suppose calming. I have extremely sensitive skin with rosacea and have experienced no irritation from using this. The only problem is that it does not remove makeup that well, and I don't even wear heavy makeup. I always have to use a separate makeup remover to get off all of my mascara, eyeliner, etc. and I find that a bit annoying. I like a cleanser that will take off everything in one step. I will use up this bottle but not sure if I will repurchase. Aveeno's products tend to be rather expensive for a drugstore brand so I have to be pretty "wowed" by them to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2005 3:39:00 PM More reviews by awakewang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This cleanser is very gentle. It cleans the skin very well and the face won't feel tight after using it. Definitely will repurchase it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2005 3:09:00 AM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I am in love with this cleanser! Been using this with the matching face cream for a week and wow am I pleased! My face started going nuts this past January with hormonal breakouts and I've been using all kinds of different brands. None of the creams or face washes have really been doing anything significant for my skin. I bought the Aveeno cleanser and cream just to see if it might work and it does! The facewash is light and does not break me out at all. I do have to use two pumps to clean my face and then repeat to get it really clean if I have makeup on. After I wash my face it's a bit red but that's nothing new with my skin. When I apply the matching night cream my skin calms right down. I will keep buying this face cleanser as long as my skin continues to have good results with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2005 11:29:00 PM More reviews by alliebeth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe how much I love this cleanser! The pump causes the cleanser to come out as a foam, but it's a light, airy foam (not super-concentrated or harsh). It cleanses off makeup and sunscreen easily without being stripping and drying. It's a *little* drying, but I am very dryness-prone. I'm also breakout-prone, and this cleanser hasn't broken me out either!

I tried Ponds Pristine Clean foaming cleanser first, and its foam was very dense and concentrated (and very, very drying in only one use) so I was nervous about trying the Aveeno UltraCalming Foaming, but I'm so glad I did! continued >>