April 18, 2014 | 852 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Bunny85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love this product its a brilliant highlighter and people are constantly commenting on my eye area , saying all of that i havnt used many other concealer/ highlighter iv used loads of concealers and highlighters separately , and this one out ways them all all by its self.
packaging is nice , bit pricey i may consider trying some copies for a cheaper price ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by milkypop

Er, im here to atone for my sins cos ive always dissed this product, labelling it as overrated and overpriced. I never expected i would join the club.

My opinions have always been : there are many other copycats and rip-offs of the Touche Eclat like Estee Lauder's, Guerlain's, Clarins, etc, and ive tried them all and i found them all jolly good. I know Touche is the original but sometimes newer copies of the original are done much better.

One day while swapping with a MUAer i decided to just pick this thing as im a concealer queen and i collect them all anyway. So i said, ok, ill just take it. When it arrived i was most delightfully shocked to find that the color 03 was a orangey color. Orangey color is so important for me - any other regular skintone turns my dark circles grey-white. I used it for a few days and it slowly became indispensable. Of all the concealers ive tried, this doesnt have the best coverage but it surely does have the softest texture. My eyes are very dry and in order to cover my dark circles i often have to sacrifice texture for coverage.

In comparison i find that Touche eclat balances opacity and texture quite well. Its not 100% opaque but maybe 80%, but at least it doesnt give me more lines. Its a give and take situation. The brush is easy to use to tackle those corners too.

I suspect im almost running out and im wondering if i can continue my life without repurchasing it. One thing i really hate is the horrible smell like what the other reviewers mention. Im still really reluctant to be a sell-out and join the Touche Eclat club but i have a hunch i will be buying a new pen soon. We'll see how it goes....

/// EDIT: i just wanted to add a note that i agree with one of the reviewers above that it does not ever look fake. touche has the most wonderful texture. and also wanted to add a side note.. i suspect that the formulation of 01 & 02 is different from 03. i have very very very bad back from the dead circles and i find the coverage of 03 substantial. whereas my friend who doesnt have circles half as bad as mine complained that her 02 didnt cover well at all. the diff between 01/02 and 03 is that 01/02 are flesh toned whereas 03 is orange-peachy. for myself, i can only orange-peachy undereye concealers as my circles are really bad. give 03 a try if youre looking for a peachy concealer.. forget about bobbi brown and all the rest.. this is the one for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Ophelia77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I have tried, in vain, to cover the dark circles under my eyes for years and years. Concealer just looks thick and gives me an almost purple tone and dry look under my eyes but the YSL Radiant Touch is fabulous. It is light in texture and effective. I usually dab a few dots of it under my eyes, in the corners of my eyes & under my brows. Smooth it in gently, leave to dry for a few minutes, then do the same again, add a light brush of loose translucent powder and it covers brilliantly and also, I think, seems to cover my fine lines (perhaps that's more wishful thinking!!). Although putting too much on has the opposite effect so you can't go mad with it. As other people have mentioned this is not a concealer it will not cover spots. What a difference not having dark circkes makes to your face. I feel so much more confident as I don't look ill or tired anymore!! I had to laugh at 2 comments on here, the old "clickety click" is a happy sound indeed, I agree and I too panick when I think I may be running out! One thing though, the price. It is £25 in the UK ($50) so not cheap but they've got me hooked so I'll keep buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Lususnaturae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this as a gift. I didn't realize how revered the product was until I was in Europe and I met many people who "swear" by it. Honestly, it isn't THAT fantastic. I mean, it works.... But its no better than all of the other concealer pens I've used.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

I have no idea why so many like this product cuz for me, it doesn't work at all!!! This is possibly one of THE WORST eye concealer/highlighter I've ever had. I know you're all thinking that it's probably cuz I didn't wear a good eyecream, well I do! In fact, I have some of the best eyecreams around; I've used La Prairie's Cellular eye contour, La Prairie's Cellular Revitalizing Gel, and Lancome's Absolue Eye creams in conjunction with YSL's Touche Eclat, and nope, nothing works. I KNOW for a fact that my eyes are NOT dehydrated because I use good eyecreams, and I do NOT have major wrinkles since I'm only 21, and I don't use so much that the product becomes clumpy/cakey, but this product SHOWS ALL LINES around the eye area because it is soooooo heavy and DRY. I trying to finish it up as fast as possible, so I use it whenever I can to get rid of it, but I can only use 1 click for both eyes otherwise the heavy product will show even more lines and cakeyness! Also, it gives you the WEIRDEST HALO AROUND YOUR EYES!!! maybe people like it for this to give them the "glow" that they seek, but I find it very odd on me (I use number 2 and I have porcelain pale skin... so I dunno how this product is even lighter than my own skintone! I dare not try number 1). Highly UNsatisfactory to me and will not repurchase.

I gave it 2 lippies because I admit it's not the worst worst worst product ever (even though it's close to it) and it has beautiful packaging!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by mylychee

Pro: Packaging is so pretty. This works to brighten up your face and eyes. It really works but you would still need to use a concealer. It lasts the entire day.
Con: Very pricey and I think it could be cheaper. The colors are a bit limited also.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by rosewitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is really good..not soo thick and easy to blend and it covers up my dark circles well..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by LizaLindsey

I like this just alright. I tried it alone under my eyes and it was not enough coverage. I realize that it is a highlighter so I used it on top of a high coverage concealer and I like the fact that it brings further luminescence and prevents creasing under eye. I think that the pen pumps too much out at once and would a different type of packaging. I might buy it again, might not.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have no idea why this has such a great reputation. I have dark circles and this did ZERO for them. It's of no use as a concealer and I don't think it's even good as a highlighter. Talk about overpriced! You can get the same product from Revlon or any number of drugstore concealer/highlighter pens.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 5:05:00 PM More reviews by haiyen1021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The difference this product makes on my eyes is like night and day. I have dark circles under my eyes and without this I look like death. But with a clickety-click of the pen, ten seconds later I look rested and bright-eyed. The texture is fabulous, very lightweight, blendable and doesn't crease. I dab some on the inner corners of the eyes as well for extra brightness. I use shade #2. I read other reviewers' comments below who didn't like the product and need to mention that Touche Eclat is not meant to be a concealer for blemishes or anything you need an opaque cover-up for. It is a highlighter and should be used to reflect light off dark areas such as the under the eyes and the sides of the nose and to bring attention to areas such as your cheekbones and brow bones.