September 20, 2014 | 1813 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat (Radiant Touch)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2008 8:48:00 AM More reviews by blushingham

okay so i bought i, enticed by the pretty sleek golden packaging. what i didn't pay for though was the gross smell after a couple of months use and the grey tinge that seemed to creep up the brush as time went by. as an undereye concealer it was ok. just ok. the colour made me turn a bit orange if overapplied though.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2008 12:25:00 AM More reviews by melkwek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this as an undereye concealer and it gave me reddish, itchy, painful bumps on my undereye area. It was terrible! I stopped using it and even stopped using eye cream and using other concealers until the rash went away because I was afraid to irritate it.

I didn't see a great effect on other areas of my face which I applied it on as advised by the SA. Also, it smelled really awful after a while, smelled like it had gone bad so I threw it away.

I didn't think the product was worth it for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by mulan400

Wow. I never thought I'd EVER give 5 lippies to any product but this surely is it!!!!!! It is actually annoying how people fail to grasp that this is not a concealer (and nowhere on the packaging does it claim to be so) and base their judgement on its ability to conceal.

As someone with moderate dark circles and discolourations of various shades I was absolutely stunned at what could be achieved with a simple stroke of the magic wand. Not only did it make my eyes brighter and made the discolorations barely noticeable but for the first time in my adult life I actually went out without foundation. My guess is that it can even be used all over the face instead of foundation if you require light coverage, though with the price tag one would have second thoughts about that. I am a drug store brand kind of girl and this is the first time I've splurged like this on a beauty product and boy am I glad I did!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this, i knew it would be great. the only downfall is the pricetag, but it lasts me awhile so i don't have a problem shelling out for it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As many reviewers have already noted, this is more a highlighter than a concealer. It might still be OK to use on its own if you don't have dark undereye circles, but if you do then you'll need to use this in combination with a proper concealer. I have dark undereye circles, redness and deep hollows and this wasn't able to cover them so this was only adequate as a highlighter for me. The No2 was the best match for my skintone but I still found it too light. It tended to create a pale halo around my eyes which even drew attention to the fact that I was trying to conceal something and made me look like a reverse panda. It was also quite drying and caused my undereye area to become flaky and crusty. As with most YSL products though, the packaging is lovely and so luxe. I didn't have a problem with the brush becoming smelly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont know why people complain about the price of this. Its a luxury brand, and the prices are actually quite comparable to others on the market.

This is the first, the original. People think this is a concealer which it is NOT. Its a brightener. It will conceal, but its more for adding light to areas of the face (under eye, above the brow bone, around the nose and mouth to soften lines).

If you need more coverage find a good concealer and use this on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by dawnsch

I love this product, and the price is why I had to take off a lippie. Before you try or buy, know that it is NOT a concealer. Rather, it's a lovely, sheer yet effective highlighter. I place a few tiny dots at the inner eye after applying my Prescriptives concealer. It does a great job of waking up tired eyes, and I've also found that it adds a touch of glow on my upper cheekbones. I know there are similar products out there, and maybe they're fine too -- but for me, this is the best of the best. In fact, I've had mine for over a year (that's how little is needed if used as directed), so really the price isn't too bad if I look at it for cost per use.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by alpha79

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice product, but SO not worth the money. I don't have terrible circles, but they can get bad when I'm tired or stressed. Lasts about 4 hours, easy to touch up, but it dries up my under-eye area... sometimes burns when I apply it. I'm more keen to try some of the other products out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by irange180

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ah! The infamous Touche D'Eclat. I first began coveting this alleged "magic wand" after seeing it in countless supermodel beauty bags. the $40 price tag alarmed me, no doubt, but I was determined to get it. And I did. Eventually. This product is excellent at covering redness and blotchiness, especially ideal for acne and it does a very good job covering my dark circles. The most amazing part of Touche Eclat has to be that IT NEVER EVER EVER LOOKS FAKE. Often times when I apply concealer around the eye, I end up looking way too airbrushed, and it is painfully obvious I have made an effort. Not so with this. It is without a doubt the most natural looking concealer I have ever found. But for all its fame and glory, I expected it to really wow me away, and for $40 it sure as hell better be good. That being said, I think this is a very nice product, but there are much better, cheaper, alternatives out there. PF Wanderful Wand, Sephora Light Touch, Givenchy Mister Light. Because when you spend a lot money on a product, it must pay itself back, no?

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Kagali

I really wanted to love this as over the years I had read so many wonderful "OMG HG" reviews of this concealer. But alas, it didn't do anything for me. My gripe with it wasn't really that it provides minimal coverage-normally I don't have anything disastrous to cover so that wouldn't be a huge problem for me. But even with eye cream and facial moisturizer this dried out my undereye area and areas on cheeks and on the sides of the nose and amplified this dryness by sticking to every little flake. It looked horribly caked on.

Edit: The gross smell intensified more yet, truly gag-worthy. If I wash the brush end it disappears until the next application so it's really the product that smells, not the "dirt trapped in the brush" or anything like that. Not using this at all any more. If someone comes up with a product that uses this delivery method and is worthwhile I will absolutely try it. I now have a $40 pen that doesn't write. :P

I do really like the idea of the clicky pen, I think that is comfortable to use and gives you good control over how much product you use, but everything else about this sucked. Plus I do notice that after a few weeks this has acquired a sort of odd smell that wasn't there before even though I wash the brush end. Plus for the price I think there are a ton of better concealers that do not dry you out and provide better coverage. I am really disappointed because normally I love everything in the YSL line (especially the lippies mwwwuahhh).

Maybe it would work for someone with really oily skin.

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No