Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 8/4/2006 4:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great stuff, evens out my skin, is matte, looks like your wearing no makeup, looks clear, even toned, bare flawless looking skin. Very natural.

on 7/29/2006 5:08:00 PM

I love this product! I had been using Neutrogena pressed powder for years ... got tired of it looking "cakey" on my skin. I decided to give this mineral wear face powder a try and I'm so glad I did! I have oily, blemish-prone skin and it does not break me out (Yeah!). I also get good coverage as I can reapply as much as necessary and it doesn't get cakey or turn orange!
I think a reason some people have problems with it getting their skin shiny might possibly be their choice of moisturizer ... I've been using Olay Complete for oily/normal skin with good results! I also tried the "Bronzer" Physicians Formula puts out in their mineral wear powder with great results. I had never tried bronzer before because I have light/medium skin color & thought it would look too dark on me, but, I was wrong! It looks like I got a little sun without the damage of sunning! Once again, I love, love this face powder.

on 7/26/2006 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Cool

i really had high expectations for this product....i bought it in translucent because of all the reviews here for fair skin, but when i put it on, it made melook ghostly pale and i am really already pale, but maybe i was putting it on wrong. i used my BE kabuki brush and used the same method as i do with my BE, so i think im just gonna buy it in creamy natural once i get some money, this stuff is expensive!!! it 13 where i live so i may just wait for it to go on sale or something.

on 7/25/2006 10:10:00 PM

I love this powder...this is actually talc-free as well - like the loose powder listed. I have, for the most part normal skin, but have in my 30's had problems with breakouts. I had to trash all the makeup I was using, and decided to go with more sensitive skin products. I can honestly say since switching to this powder, my breakouts are no longer a problem. The bonus is that this powder covers without looking like I have makeup on - I don't use foundation. I had used sheer cover before, and cancelled it because it was VERY cakey looking, the price was ridiculous, and the breakouts appeared more exaggerated. I am a PF junkie, and with good reason. It caters to not only acne prone skin, it maintains a flawless natural finish. Fortunately I can use the translucent, so I cannot comment on how the other color ranges may appear.

I'm in LOVE! I put this away and was sampling all of the e-tailers mineral makeup and I have tried probably 15 different types of mineral makeup and who knew I would find it at my local Wal-Mart?! All the others I have tried either looked too shiney, accentuated pores/fine lines or made me look too matte, this one here is perfect!

I had put it away because I was using the brush that came with it and didn't get enough coverage - use a quality flat-top brush, which I did, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the coverage and long-lastability of this, and did I mention excellent pore coverage, the best I have ever found in a makeup, mineral or liquid drug store to expensive department store types. My only gripe would be the color choices - I find the Creamy Natural is a little too dark and the Transulscent is a little too light, I need an in between and more yellow-toned.

I think I paid $12 or $13 for it, which is more expensive for a drug store foundation, but I think it's worth every penny.

Otherwise, this one's a winner with me! Kudos to Physician's Formula on this one!

on 7/21/2006 2:29:00 PM

I love the mineral pressed powder, I have been using it for the past 2 years now, and I do not know how I could go back to a foundation ever again. I would highly recommend this to people who are combination skin to oily. It does not look too heavy or chalky, and looks very natural. You may have to use a bigger thicker brush if you are applying it instead of a foundation, because the brush which is included I think is for more lighter coverage. Overall it is a great powder.

on 7/21/2006 10:22:00 AM

So far I love it.....yesterday, I applied it atleast 15 times and it didn't look caked on or chalky. It blends great and works like a foundation. I just apply moisturizer only where i need it and load on the powder. I don't hate the packaging like most people do, I think it's fine. I'm hoping it will continue to work for me, and my oily t-zone. I bought the lightest shade, it cost me $20.00 at Pharma Plus, but you can find it cheaper.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh blast! It seems to have good coverage, but like someone else said, the color choices are white, orange, and dark orange. I have fair skin, but 'translucent' is still too white. The next color up is VERY dark; I can't imagine why they didn't choose to make a color somewhere in between. So it's not going to cut it. I'm returning it.

on 6/24/2006 12:05:00 AM

weird packaging, but that's already been talked about so i'll skip over that part. at first, i thought it worked great but then, as my skin started getting oily throughout the day, the powder turned my skin ORANGE! mind you, no one else seemed to notice it at first, so i thought it was just my imagination but then, it kept happening. and even though no one else seems to see it, I notice my skin turning orange. therefore, i will finish simply because it was kinda expensive for a drugstore product, but i will not repurchase.

on 6/17/2006 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this in the lightest shade, and it was too dark for me. It gives medium coverage. This looks too powdery for my taste, and the quality is no where near Jane Iredale PurePressed Base.