November 26, 2014 | 977 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Face Powder SPF 16

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2006 10:38:00 AM More reviews by beckie511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was very excited to go out and buy this pressed powder when I read the reviews on here, because I just purchased some Neutrogena Healthy skin enhancers tinted moisturizer (which I love!) and I wanted to find some drugstore pressed powder to cover my acne marks that would be better than Bare Escentuals (which makes me break out a bit, turns me oily, and also turns orange on my skin by midday)....wellll I have to say that I used this product for a few days and it did not make me break out, but I found it to be extremely chalky on my face. I bought this in Translucent since I thought it would be the best match for my light to neutral warm skin tone. UGH! When I put it all over my face I really resembled a ghost, and I felt I looked horrible. I tried using this as a spot treatment just to dab over little pimples or marks and even that made me look odd. Maybe I just purchased this in the wrong shade or something, but I thought the chalkiness of this was not worth it. I will have to return it and pick up some other goody instead. I just recently received a sample of Everyday Minerals concealer in the mail and pairing that with my tinted moisturizer makes me look great! If you are looking for a bit of coverage, try that stuff, it isn't much more expensive than Physician's Formula and does not have the chalky look!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett3030

Okay, I am one that said I would never wear drug store makeup. I just ate my own words. I have used Bare Essentuals and Sheer Cover mineral foundations and this is alot better. The coverage is better. My skin looks totally flawless! It is a matte instead of a shimmer and if you are in your 40's like me, you kind of stay away from a foundation that has alot of shimmer. This foundations stays put on me and I have very oily skin and live in a very humid state. I am really shocked at how this foundation has performed. I will definitely be repurchasing again and again. I thought I had found my HG in Bare Essentuals, but I think this has that foundation beat hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2006 10:18:00 AM More reviews by sundaygirl

I've been using this for a week and I love it. I gave up on Bare Escentuals months ago when I couldn't find the right shade of foundation, because I hated the shimmer, and because I'm pretty sure the Mineral Veil was breaking me out. This is my alternative. It's cheaper, no shimmer, much more travel-friendly, and no breakouts. I use a different, larger poweder brush for it though. I find I have to blot but not reapply around lunchtime and I'm good for the rest of the day. **EDITED 9/21/06** After using almost the entire container, I found this was making me way too oily - even with the summer heat gone. I'm going back to my LM powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 5:23:00 PM More reviews by abbyten

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've never had much luck with mineral foundations. For some reason no matter how lightly I applied them using a good brush they always looked too heavy and emphasized the things I didn't want emphasized - lines, pores, etc. I decided to give the Mineral Wear Face Powder a try as my final shot at mineral makeup. I'm very glad I did. I find this compact powder much lighter in formulation than the loose mineral powders. The coverage is very good and isn't cakey or obvious. Most mineral foundations left too much of a sheen on my face, but this gives a nice matte finish. Not dry - just matte. Since this is in a compact it's much more portable than the loose powder, and I can take it to work for touchups during the day. I watch for the 40% off sales at Walgreens or CVS and stock up so I never have to pay full price.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2006 9:11:00 AM More reviews by TwiceBlessed

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I bought this two weeks ago and have not touched any of my other powders or foundations since then! I love this stuff! Makes my skin look so even and "finished" without the weight of a foundation or cakiness. I have had no break-out issues with it whatsoever. In fact, it is talc-free, and touts that it is good for problem skin. Not sure why other reviewers had a problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2006 3:57:00 AM More reviews by belladonna10

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in translucent and it covered well and kept my skin from being shiny. And since it is talc free it works well for my exzema. Have used this for two days and so far no breakouts.
Michelle

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by asa805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What an unbelievable dissapointment. I jumped on the bandwagon with this one when it was on sale at walgreens and i picked up several in different shades (along witht he loose version). It made my [really horribly disgusting, rosacea and acne infested] skin look glorious. Like nearly perfect. All my redness and imperfections were gone. I was so happy. I went back the next day and stocked up. I should have known better. My skin just doesnt like mineral makeup. I had tried BE and JI last year and it gave me cystic zits. At that time i was on teh pill (which was another cause of my troubles) so I figured i coudl try MMU again and maybe id be ok. WRONG! THis stuff ruined my skineven more. I curresntly have a cluster of extrememly painful and sore cystic zits on each cheek (that are huge and red and starting to puss) and considerable other breakouts on my chin and forehead. I litterally nearly started crying earlier becasue i feel just so hideous. Even with all my skin troubles this has just been teh worst of it. ANd i owe it all to this gross makeup. I returned all of them and wish i never succumbed to temptation. I m just hoping that this hasnt made irrepreable damage (but with the way my skin looks and feels (raw and swollen), i think it is beyond help. I hate rosacea... and i hate Physician's formula mineral powder :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 8:00:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got the loose in Buff Beige and the pressed in Translucent light. The BB seems a little dark on me. I also tried the Creamy Natural and it was waay too pink. The TL pressed is perfect though. On me, it gives light coverage, just evens out skin tone. I am close to a MAC NC25/C2ish (LLL that is hard to match) and it matches OK. I apply a light dusting of this over sunscreen. I like the application of the pressed better than the loose....its so much easier to just swirl my brush lightly over the compact and then tap off the excess in the lid. The shaker is a real PITA. If I keep it, I'll have to find something I can dump it into so I can get my Kabuki brush in there and swirl it. Update: I do think that using the pressed regularly has helped keep my skin clearer!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 9:37:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smooth, non-caking, non-irritating powder that will work for many skin types. I've tried this in Transluscent on two types of skin: my pre-Accutane oil slick and my current, dried out Accutane complexion. On oily skin, this face powder tones down the shininess to a dewy finish. On my dry, irritated skin it evens out redness and faded acne marks, without emphasising flaky patches.

I find this mineral powder format very handy, preferring the portability and precision of a pressed compact over loose powder. The container is cheap and awkward, but I love having the brush compartment. I loathe the usual compact puffs so having a portable brush is fantastic for touchups (even if it's a cheapo brush). At home I use the Japonesque kabuki-style brush for application. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2006 12:58:00 PM More reviews by marybells

Like everyone else, I keep hearing about this new "mineral foundation". I thought it sounded really simple and natural. So when I saw the Bare Escentuals line I went to have a closer look. I kept looking for this wonderful foundation I'd heard about and only saw powder after powder. I figured "oh well, not for me" because how on earth could a powder work like a foundation? So when I read about Physician's Formula here on MakeupAlley I rushed out to buy this inexpensive and easily available alternative to see what the fuss was all about. WOW! I get it now! This powder actually covers! It disappears on the skin but dramatically reduces redness and blemishes. I look up close at my face in the mirror and my skin looks even and smooth like it does after I apply regular liquid foundation, but so much more natural. I need one or two touchups during the day, just like I would with regular powder over foundation, but I can achieve a fresh "morning" face with each new application and there is no buildup!

I have pale skin so I've got it in Translucent. It's true that the packaging was not well designed but who cares when the product actually works. No breakouts to speak of on my very acne prone skin. I haven't worn foundation since I bought this and my skin is probably better off for it. That tells me that this is a very special product, because I never go without foundation! I'll be trying the bronzer next and am hoping they'll make a talc-free blush someday.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No