April 17, 2014 | 1827 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Mineral Face Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2005 7:53:00 AM More reviews by etain_anders

The Good: It DOES NOT CONTAIN TALC!!! Talc, by the way, widens pores, making even young skin look old (something I know from experience) and is found in almost every powder on the market, and definitely every powder found in most drugstores. But not Mineral Wear!

The case is seperated into two parts and you 'pop' open the top (powder) or bottom (brush and mirror, ventilated) which for the most part is great, but can be a little irritating if you have long nails.

Also, the color combo means that it goes on looking fairly natural.

The Bad: I have fairly oily skin, and I have to re-apply every 2-3 hours. While the first time I apply you can't even tell I'm wearing powder (unless you're like a foot away), by after the second and third times, it's pretty obvious. Still, my skin is much more oily than most, so most users ought to be fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2005 1:53:00 AM More reviews by mochaviolino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this the other day at wal-mart for $11. bit steep for ds makeup. but it certainly is nice.

some good things:
nice texture. it hasn't made me break out (yet). after a light application, my face doesn't FEEL like it has makeup on, very good! plus today, i wore it on one side of my face, and regular powder on the other. this stuff lasted longer.

some not so good things:
not too many, but i think the translucent was a bit light from my first application. i don't know, it was hard to tell. plus, the little brush that comes with it seems too small. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2005 5:26:00 PM More reviews by dulceflor

I finally used up most of my Chanel powder foundation so i went and bought this makeup out of curiousity and because the reveiws were decent. I've been wearing it for a few days (4 to be exact) and so far so good. I picked out the color translucent and Its a good match (me, light olive complexion). I Use a sponge to apply it and it works, the powder itself goes on smoothly and doesn't highlight flakey spots however if you use too much it can look a bit cakey. It does'nt control oil that great but so far I am satisfied! Coverage is light to medium and it looks better once it settles into your skin. Not bad at all! And no breakouts so far even thouht I did fall asleep with my makeup on after dancing and sweating!(I do use avita though) Will update if it does'nt work out! Edit: Sadly, it did'nt work out and here I am at work stuck with caky looking skin...my skin gets oily faster with this foundation. Oh well better luck with the next foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2005 12:54:00 PM More reviews by veroP

I just love this product. the color
is good for me ,lucky because there is no choice, but most of all it is the only powder that does not break me out and does not irritate my very sensitice skin.Give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2005 1:11:00 PM More reviews by shadder

First off let me say for a drug store brand, imo this is very costly. Ok now as far as the color selection goes, really crappy. I purchased this in Beige thinking it would work for my skin, nope!! I think unless you are more tanned, this would be too dark for you. Even olive skinned girls, I would suggest try the translucent first. I'm assuming it is not necessarily translucent and it is lighter. Again, it may just be my skin type and I'm not really fair I'd say I'm medium. I will try this again in a lighter color and update later. But as another reviewer suggested, hold on to your receipt lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2005 4:13:00 PM More reviews by 9england9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin, usually some breakouts - I've never tried mineral makeup before, but I left my powder at home and was experiencing lots of shine, so I ended up buying this in "beige." I think it's really awesome -- beige is a smidge (just a smidge) darker than I'd like, but I have a light/medium olive complexion so it's not noticeably dark or anything. It really does give my skin an almost "airbrushed" look. The first day I got it, I liked it so much I kept re-applying it and I think by the end of the day it was a bit to heavy-looking, but with a lighter hand, this is really great. It improves the look of my complexion, probably 40%. Haven't broken out using it (yet.) I don't use the brush that came with it because it kept leaving strands all over my face - and I'm not sure I've found exactly the right application tool (I'm using a big fluffy powder brush - which works well) but I think I'll experiment with a few other tools to see what I like best. All in all though (from someone who wishes she had a smoother complexion) this really does improve the look of my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2005 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Hedonic_Devotion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

since i've been using BE, i've been trying to find mineral makeups that come in a pressed powder, since i am the world's hugest klutz and cant apply my BE without getting the powder everywhere. i'd already tried zia pressed mineral powder, and JI amazing pressed base(which turned out to be my fav), and i noticed this in the d/s while i was waiting for a prescription to be filled. astonished that mineral makeup had made it to the drugstore, i (of course) HAD to buy it!!! i was so annoyed that there are only three shades to choose from!!!! who ever heard of such a thing?!? i chose the beige, which is the middle of the 3, since the bronze was way too dark and the lightest shade is labeled as 'translucent.' apparently, from some of the other reviews here, the translucent is actually a lighter shade....(?) either way, this stuff went on smoothly (comparable to my higher-end mmus), but (SURPRISE!!) the color was totally off. the beige was a shade too dark (i am BE 1.2 JI satin, zia quartz for reference), and the PF turned (gasp) the dreaded orange on me!!! yikes!!! back to cvs it goes!!! maybe i will try the 'translucent' (lol, i still find the color names to be amusing in an annoying sort of way) shade.... perhaps it will be light enough for me? who the hell knows. either way, be careful when you buy this stuff...save ALL packaging and your receipts!!!!! **********UPDATE*********
ok, returned the stuff to cvs and bought the 'translucent,' which isn't translucent at all! THIS is the color to get if you're a PPP gal like me! for a drugstore brand, i give THIS color an A++. it's a perfect match for me!!! woohooo!!!! i still havent decided if i like this more than my JI, but damn, Ms. Iredale has certainly gained a healthy competition with this one! i still don't like the fact that there's no SPF, but that's what face lotion is for. :o) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2005 3:36:00 PM More reviews by hopmom

I think this is a pretty good drugstore powder. I bought this on a whim since lately I've been really into PF products. The older I've gotten the more sensitive my skin has become, so I thought this would be a nice powder since it contains no talc.

I wasn't disappointed. It does go on a bit heavy if you aren't careful. I apply with my Cat Kabuki and haven't had any problems, but I would suspect the little brush they give you might not be the best for application. I got this in translucent and it turns out to be the perfect shade for me (NC30-35). However, I do not use this as my foundation, simply as a setting powder. I apply this over my Tarte SO and it looks beautiful. It might be a tad too light, but beige would be too dark and I'll stick with what I've got. So far I've had no reactions or bumps or even itchies!

I think for the money this is a good product and has exceeded my expectations. I bet this would also look great over the retro glow foundation, which I also have! I'll try it tomorrow! Recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2005 8:44:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in translucent and really like it. Nice color, evens out my reddish areas, but I found it tricky to apply right. Using a powder brush (my regular one or the enclosed one) didn't work for me on this because although finely milled it's not as "powdery" as most powders. It didn't cover my pores enough.

So I used the flat sponge from my powder foundation and it works well...
UPDATE: This made me break out in tiny pimples. Went away when I stopped using it. Sigh. Back to my CG Simply Powder Foundation. I can't believe a mineral powder made me break out!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got beige, and it is a bit dark. I should have got transluscent instead. However, sometimes my pallor looks like death, so beige could be an ok pick- me-up. Great coverage.