December 19, 2014 | 1572 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Face Powder SPF 16

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2006 4:13:00 PM More reviews by miche99

so far i love this mineral powder (had for 2 weeks). I have never used mineral powder before, but it does seem to absorb oil and stay on my skin a long time. I bought the translucient light, but next time i might try the creamy natural.
I don't mind the package at all. I don't use the brush to apply, I put a little puff in the bottom and use that instead. I definately will be buying again! EDIT: months later, still loving it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2006 7:04:00 PM More reviews by i9jadei9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful light weight powder that I use as my foundation!! It goes on very nicely with my smashbox brush #19 and really evens out my skin tone. It stays throughout the day and it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing anything at all. It's not a full coverage powder but covers enough for me so that my own skin is glowing through. Plus it's really inexpensive, only $10 or so, and the compact lasts a very long time! I also tried this version in the loose powder but didn't find it to control the oil on my face quite as well. I also tend to find loose powders extremely messy and therefore prefer pressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2006 7:54:00 AM More reviews by sgilb101578

I have acne-prone/oily/sensitive skin that I finally managed to clear up with the right cleanser/moisturizer combination. Since I have some discoloration from my previous acne and a little oiliness in my T-zone, I needed something to absorb the oiliness, even out my skin tone, and hide any minor imperfections. Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder turned out to be the perfect solution. Drugstore products usually don't work for me - I'm very fair so I can't ever find the right color for myself - but this works perfectly for me. It absorbs the oiliness in my T-zone, evens out my skin tone, and hides minor imperfections, all without irritating my super-sensitive skin. One application in the morning using a makeup sponge (the brush included is terrible) lasts me all day.
I had tried several CHANEL, Clinique, Lancome, Stila, and MAC foundations and powders, but they all turned cakey on my oily skin and broke me out. I have been using the Mineral Wear for about a year now with no breakouts whatsoever. I highly recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2006 10:38:00 AM More reviews by beckie511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was very excited to go out and buy this pressed powder when I read the reviews on here, because I just purchased some Neutrogena Healthy skin enhancers tinted moisturizer (which I love!) and I wanted to find some drugstore pressed powder to cover my acne marks that would be better than Bare Escentuals (which makes me break out a bit, turns me oily, and also turns orange on my skin by midday)....wellll I have to say that I used this product for a few days and it did not make me break out, but I found it to be extremely chalky on my face. I bought this in Translucent since I thought it would be the best match for my light to neutral warm skin tone. UGH! When I put it all over my face I really resembled a ghost, and I felt I looked horrible. I tried using this as a spot treatment just to dab over little pimples or marks and even that made me look odd. Maybe I just purchased this in the wrong shade or something, but I thought the chalkiness of this was not worth it. I will have to return it and pick up some other goody instead. I just recently received a sample of Everyday Minerals concealer in the mail and pairing that with my tinted moisturizer makes me look great! If you are looking for a bit of coverage, try that stuff, it isn't much more expensive than Physician's Formula and does not have the chalky look!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett3030

Okay, I am one that said I would never wear drug store makeup. I just ate my own words. I have used Bare Essentuals and Sheer Cover mineral foundations and this is alot better. The coverage is better. My skin looks totally flawless! It is a matte instead of a shimmer and if you are in your 40's like me, you kind of stay away from a foundation that has alot of shimmer. This foundations stays put on me and I have very oily skin and live in a very humid state. I am really shocked at how this foundation has performed. I will definitely be repurchasing again and again. I thought I had found my HG in Bare Essentuals, but I think this has that foundation beat hands down.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2006 10:18:00 AM More reviews by sundaygirl

I've been using this for a week and I love it. I gave up on Bare Escentuals months ago when I couldn't find the right shade of foundation, because I hated the shimmer, and because I'm pretty sure the Mineral Veil was breaking me out. This is my alternative. It's cheaper, no shimmer, much more travel-friendly, and no breakouts. I use a different, larger poweder brush for it though. I find I have to blot but not reapply around lunchtime and I'm good for the rest of the day. **EDITED 9/21/06** After using almost the entire container, I found this was making me way too oily - even with the summer heat gone. I'm going back to my LM powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2006 5:23:00 PM More reviews by abbyten

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've never had much luck with mineral foundations. For some reason no matter how lightly I applied them using a good brush they always looked too heavy and emphasized the things I didn't want emphasized - lines, pores, etc. I decided to give the Mineral Wear Face Powder a try as my final shot at mineral makeup. I'm very glad I did. I find this compact powder much lighter in formulation than the loose mineral powders. The coverage is very good and isn't cakey or obvious. Most mineral foundations left too much of a sheen on my face, but this gives a nice matte finish. Not dry - just matte. Since this is in a compact it's much more portable than the loose powder, and I can take it to work for touchups during the day. I watch for the 40% off sales at Walgreens or CVS and stock up so I never have to pay full price.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2006 9:11:00 AM More reviews by TwiceBlessed

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I bought this two weeks ago and have not touched any of my other powders or foundations since then! I love this stuff! Makes my skin look so even and "finished" without the weight of a foundation or cakiness. I have had no break-out issues with it whatsoever. In fact, it is talc-free, and touts that it is good for problem skin. Not sure why other reviewers had a problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2006 3:57:00 AM More reviews by belladonna10

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in translucent and it covered well and kept my skin from being shiny. And since it is talc free it works well for my exzema. Have used this for two days and so far no breakouts.
Michelle

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by asa805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What an unbelievable dissapointment. I jumped on the bandwagon with this one when it was on sale at walgreens and i picked up several in different shades (along witht he loose version). It made my [really horribly disgusting, rosacea and acne infested] skin look glorious. Like nearly perfect. All my redness and imperfections were gone. I was so happy. I went back the next day and stocked up. I should have known better. My skin just doesnt like mineral makeup. I had tried BE and JI last year and it gave me cystic zits. At that time i was on teh pill (which was another cause of my troubles) so I figured i coudl try MMU again and maybe id be ok. WRONG! THis stuff ruined my skineven more. I curresntly have a cluster of extrememly painful and sore cystic zits on each cheek (that are huge and red and starting to puss) and considerable other breakouts on my chin and forehead. I litterally nearly started crying earlier becasue i feel just so hideous. Even with all my skin troubles this has just been teh worst of it. ANd i owe it all to this gross makeup. I returned all of them and wish i never succumbed to temptation. I m just hoping that this hasnt made irrepreable damage (but with the way my skin looks and feels (raw and swollen), i think it is beyond help. I hate rosacea... and i hate Physician's formula mineral powder :(