Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 8/21/2006 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was excited to try this as I am starting to search for a replacement for my now discontinued Lancome Matte Finish powder. The powder's texture was nice and seemed to control oil fairly well, and the ingredients seemed great for my sensitive skin. It didn't provide too much coverage, though I could tell it evened out my skin tone a little. However, like so many makeup brands (both high-end and low-end) I have tried, the lightest shade (translucent) was just way too dark and orange for me. I looked dirty and, well, a bit orange...So I would not repurchase.

on 8/20/2006 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this in transluscent. I think the quality is good, as all of the other mineral powders I have used made my already oily skin look oilier and emphasized my large pores. That being said, this product made my skin look "chalky," for lack of a better word, but with none of the other negatives mentioned above. I like many of the other products PF has come out with lately, but will probably not repurchase this one.

on 8/19/2006 7:11:00 PM

I just picked this up today and it is great! It makes my face look flawless. I have tried TONS of mineral makeup, mostly loose power, but this is way better!!! Plus there is no mess since it is a compact. I bought this in Sand Beige which is nice if you have a little tan.

on 8/13/2006 7:33:00 AM

I've been very faithful to my BE and have used nothing else on my skin for the past 2 years. I loved how it felt so light. After reading the reviews here, I was surprised by the positive feedback and there were a lot of you who switched from BE to using Physicians Formula. I was excited about using this since so many of you liked it so much. I bought it last week and it's fantastic! BE made my face so oily. I can control the color of the foundation by the different shades it has in one compact so I don't have to buy other colors to match my skin. I never thought products sold from CVS would be so great. I am such a fan now and wouldn't go back to using BE. A big thank you to all of you who posted here!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Step number 1: toss the useless brush and replace it with a flocked sponge. I keep one in my makeup stash at home and one in my purse for touchups at work. I have it in the lightest shade, Translucent. I use it as a powder foundation, as it would be too much coverage for my taste over a regular foundation. I just buff it in with a circular motion using the flocked sponge. It has more sheer coverage than some mineral makeups, but it goes on very quickly. I mainly use it when I am too tired or lazy to wear makeup but don't want to go out barefaced. It doesn't turn orange or accentuate fine lines or large pores. I would repurchase again simply for the portability- you can't carry loose powder makeup in your purse and not expect a mess. It is neat and clean to apply, with no powder fall out all over my desk at work, bathroom counter, my shirt, etc.

on 8/4/2006 4:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great stuff, evens out my skin, is matte, looks like your wearing no makeup, looks clear, even toned, bare flawless looking skin. Very natural.

on 7/29/2006 5:08:00 PM

I love this product! I had been using Neutrogena pressed powder for years ... got tired of it looking "cakey" on my skin. I decided to give this mineral wear face powder a try and I'm so glad I did! I have oily, blemish-prone skin and it does not break me out (Yeah!). I also get good coverage as I can reapply as much as necessary and it doesn't get cakey or turn orange!
I think a reason some people have problems with it getting their skin shiny might possibly be their choice of moisturizer ... I've been using Olay Complete for oily/normal skin with good results! I also tried the "Bronzer" Physicians Formula puts out in their mineral wear powder with great results. I had never tried bronzer before because I have light/medium skin color & thought it would look too dark on me, but, I was wrong! It looks like I got a little sun without the damage of sunning! Once again, I love, love this face powder.

on 7/26/2006 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Cool

i really had high expectations for this product....i bought it in translucent because of all the reviews here for fair skin, but when i put it on, it made melook ghostly pale and i am really already pale, but maybe i was putting it on wrong. i used my BE kabuki brush and used the same method as i do with my BE, so i think im just gonna buy it in creamy natural once i get some money, this stuff is expensive!!! it 13 where i live so i may just wait for it to go on sale or something.

on 7/25/2006 10:10:00 PM

I love this powder...this is actually talc-free as well - like the loose powder listed. I have, for the most part normal skin, but have in my 30's had problems with breakouts. I had to trash all the makeup I was using, and decided to go with more sensitive skin products. I can honestly say since switching to this powder, my breakouts are no longer a problem. The bonus is that this powder covers without looking like I have makeup on - I don't use foundation. I had used sheer cover before, and cancelled it because it was VERY cakey looking, the price was ridiculous, and the breakouts appeared more exaggerated. I am a PF junkie, and with good reason. It caters to not only acne prone skin, it maintains a flawless natural finish. Fortunately I can use the translucent, so I cannot comment on how the other color ranges may appear.

I'm in LOVE! I put this away and was sampling all of the e-tailers mineral makeup and I have tried probably 15 different types of mineral makeup and who knew I would find it at my local Wal-Mart?! All the others I have tried either looked too shiney, accentuated pores/fine lines or made me look too matte, this one here is perfect!

I had put it away because I was using the brush that came with it and didn't get enough coverage - use a quality flat-top brush, which I did, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the coverage and long-lastability of this, and did I mention excellent pore coverage, the best I have ever found in a makeup, mineral or liquid drug store to expensive department store types. My only gripe would be the color choices - I find the Creamy Natural is a little too dark and the Transulscent is a little too light, I need an in between and more yellow-toned.

I think I paid $12 or $13 for it, which is more expensive for a drug store foundation, but I think it's worth every penny.

Otherwise, this one's a winner with me! Kudos to Physician's Formula on this one!