Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 8/13/2006 7:33:00 AM

I've been very faithful to my BE and have used nothing else on my skin for the past 2 years. I loved how it felt so light. After reading the reviews here, I was surprised by the positive feedback and there were a lot of you who switched from BE to using Physicians Formula. I was excited about using this since so many of you liked it so much. I bought it last week and it's fantastic! BE made my face so oily. I can control the color of the foundation by the different shades it has in one compact so I don't have to buy other colors to match my skin. I never thought products sold from CVS would be so great. I am such a fan now and wouldn't go back to using BE. A big thank you to all of you who posted here!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Step number 1: toss the useless brush and replace it with a flocked sponge. I keep one in my makeup stash at home and one in my purse for touchups at work. I have it in the lightest shade, Translucent. I use it as a powder foundation, as it would be too much coverage for my taste over a regular foundation. I just buff it in with a circular motion using the flocked sponge. It has more sheer coverage than some mineral makeups, but it goes on very quickly. I mainly use it when I am too tired or lazy to wear makeup but don't want to go out barefaced. It doesn't turn orange or accentuate fine lines or large pores. I would repurchase again simply for the portability- you can't carry loose powder makeup in your purse and not expect a mess. It is neat and clean to apply, with no powder fall out all over my desk at work, bathroom counter, my shirt, etc.

on 8/4/2006 4:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great stuff, evens out my skin, is matte, looks like your wearing no makeup, looks clear, even toned, bare flawless looking skin. Very natural.

on 7/29/2006 5:08:00 PM

I love this product! I had been using Neutrogena pressed powder for years ... got tired of it looking "cakey" on my skin. I decided to give this mineral wear face powder a try and I'm so glad I did! I have oily, blemish-prone skin and it does not break me out (Yeah!). I also get good coverage as I can reapply as much as necessary and it doesn't get cakey or turn orange!
I think a reason some people have problems with it getting their skin shiny might possibly be their choice of moisturizer ... I've been using Olay Complete for oily/normal skin with good results! I also tried the "Bronzer" Physicians Formula puts out in their mineral wear powder with great results. I had never tried bronzer before because I have light/medium skin color & thought it would look too dark on me, but, I was wrong! It looks like I got a little sun without the damage of sunning! Once again, I love, love this face powder.

on 7/26/2006 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Cool

i really had high expectations for this product....i bought it in translucent because of all the reviews here for fair skin, but when i put it on, it made melook ghostly pale and i am really already pale, but maybe i was putting it on wrong. i used my BE kabuki brush and used the same method as i do with my BE, so i think im just gonna buy it in creamy natural once i get some money, this stuff is expensive!!! it 13 where i live so i may just wait for it to go on sale or something.

on 7/25/2006 10:10:00 PM

I love this powder...this is actually talc-free as well - like the loose powder listed. I have, for the most part normal skin, but have in my 30's had problems with breakouts. I had to trash all the makeup I was using, and decided to go with more sensitive skin products. I can honestly say since switching to this powder, my breakouts are no longer a problem. The bonus is that this powder covers without looking like I have makeup on - I don't use foundation. I had used sheer cover before, and cancelled it because it was VERY cakey looking, the price was ridiculous, and the breakouts appeared more exaggerated. I am a PF junkie, and with good reason. It caters to not only acne prone skin, it maintains a flawless natural finish. Fortunately I can use the translucent, so I cannot comment on how the other color ranges may appear.

I'm in LOVE! I put this away and was sampling all of the e-tailers mineral makeup and I have tried probably 15 different types of mineral makeup and who knew I would find it at my local Wal-Mart?! All the others I have tried either looked too shiney, accentuated pores/fine lines or made me look too matte, this one here is perfect!

I had put it away because I was using the brush that came with it and didn't get enough coverage - use a quality flat-top brush, which I did, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the coverage and long-lastability of this, and did I mention excellent pore coverage, the best I have ever found in a makeup, mineral or liquid drug store to expensive department store types. My only gripe would be the color choices - I find the Creamy Natural is a little too dark and the Transulscent is a little too light, I need an in between and more yellow-toned.

I think I paid $12 or $13 for it, which is more expensive for a drug store foundation, but I think it's worth every penny.

Otherwise, this one's a winner with me! Kudos to Physician's Formula on this one!

on 7/21/2006 2:29:00 PM

I love the mineral pressed powder, I have been using it for the past 2 years now, and I do not know how I could go back to a foundation ever again. I would highly recommend this to people who are combination skin to oily. It does not look too heavy or chalky, and looks very natural. You may have to use a bigger thicker brush if you are applying it instead of a foundation, because the brush which is included I think is for more lighter coverage. Overall it is a great powder.

on 7/21/2006 10:22:00 AM

So far I love it.....yesterday, I applied it atleast 15 times and it didn't look caked on or chalky. It blends great and works like a foundation. I just apply moisturizer only where i need it and load on the powder. I don't hate the packaging like most people do, I think it's fine. I'm hoping it will continue to work for me, and my oily t-zone. I bought the lightest shade, it cost me $20.00 at Pharma Plus, but you can find it cheaper.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh blast! It seems to have good coverage, but like someone else said, the color choices are white, orange, and dark orange. I have fair skin, but 'translucent' is still too white. The next color up is VERY dark; I can't imagine why they didn't choose to make a color somewhere in between. So it's not going to cut it. I'm returning it.