Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

I'm in LOVE! I put this away and was sampling all of the e-tailers mineral makeup and I have tried probably 15 different types of mineral makeup and who knew I would find it at my local Wal-Mart?! All the others I have tried either looked too shiney, accentuated pores/fine lines or made me look too matte, this one here is perfect!

I had put it away because I was using the brush that came with it and didn't get enough coverage - use a quality flat-top brush, which I did, and I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the coverage and long-lastability of this, and did I mention excellent pore coverage, the best I have ever found in a makeup, mineral or liquid drug store to expensive department store types. My only gripe would be the color choices - I find the Creamy Natural is a little too dark and the Transulscent is a little too light, I need an in between and more yellow-toned.

I think I paid $12 or $13 for it, which is more expensive for a drug store foundation, but I think it's worth every penny.

Otherwise, this one's a winner with me! Kudos to Physician's Formula on this one!

on 7/21/2006 2:29:00 PM

I love the mineral pressed powder, I have been using it for the past 2 years now, and I do not know how I could go back to a foundation ever again. I would highly recommend this to people who are combination skin to oily. It does not look too heavy or chalky, and looks very natural. You may have to use a bigger thicker brush if you are applying it instead of a foundation, because the brush which is included I think is for more lighter coverage. Overall it is a great powder.

on 7/21/2006 10:22:00 AM

So far I love it.....yesterday, I applied it atleast 15 times and it didn't look caked on or chalky. It blends great and works like a foundation. I just apply moisturizer only where i need it and load on the powder. I don't hate the packaging like most people do, I think it's fine. I'm hoping it will continue to work for me, and my oily t-zone. I bought the lightest shade, it cost me $20.00 at Pharma Plus, but you can find it cheaper.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh blast! It seems to have good coverage, but like someone else said, the color choices are white, orange, and dark orange. I have fair skin, but 'translucent' is still too white. The next color up is VERY dark; I can't imagine why they didn't choose to make a color somewhere in between. So it's not going to cut it. I'm returning it.

on 6/24/2006 12:05:00 AM

weird packaging, but that's already been talked about so i'll skip over that part. at first, i thought it worked great but then, as my skin started getting oily throughout the day, the powder turned my skin ORANGE! mind you, no one else seemed to notice it at first, so i thought it was just my imagination but then, it kept happening. and even though no one else seems to see it, I notice my skin turning orange. therefore, i will finish simply because it was kinda expensive for a drugstore product, but i will not repurchase.

on 6/17/2006 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this in the lightest shade, and it was too dark for me. It gives medium coverage. This looks too powdery for my taste, and the quality is no where near Jane Iredale PurePressed Base.

on 6/5/2006 1:03:00 PM

Broke me out in a horrible itchy red rash made of a million tiny bumps that covered my entire face. Something in it obviously irritated me, perhaps the Boron Nitride? I don't know, I wear other mineral foundations without any problem.

on 6/2/2006 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on sale at Walgreens. I wanted the loose powder but saw this and grabbed it by mistake. I decided to go ahead and try it, but it made my skin look dry and old, so I returned it and got the loose powder which I use as a finishing powder over my liquid makeup.

on 5/31/2006 4:13:00 PM

so far i love this mineral powder (had for 2 weeks). I have never used mineral powder before, but it does seem to absorb oil and stay on my skin a long time. I bought the translucient light, but next time i might try the creamy natural.
I don't mind the package at all. I don't use the brush to apply, I put a little puff in the bottom and use that instead. I definately will be buying again! EDIT: months later, still loving it!

on 5/30/2006 7:04:00 PM

This is a wonderful light weight powder that I use as my foundation!! It goes on very nicely with my smashbox brush #19 and really evens out my skin tone. It stays throughout the day and it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing anything at all. It's not a full coverage powder but covers enough for me so that my own skin is glowing through. Plus it's really inexpensive, only $10 or so, and the compact lasts a very long time! I also tried this version in the loose powder but didn't find it to control the oil on my face quite as well. I also tend to find loose powders extremely messy and therefore prefer pressed.