January 30, 2015 | 1423 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2006 5:23:00 PM More reviews by beaglebaileysmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh blast! It seems to have good coverage, but like someone else said, the color choices are white, orange, and dark orange. I have fair skin, but 'translucent' is still too white. The next color up is VERY dark; I can't imagine why they didn't choose to make a color somewhere in between. So it's not going to cut it. I'm returning it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2006 12:05:00 AM More reviews by audreyk

weird packaging, but that's already been talked about so i'll skip over that part. at first, i thought it worked great but then, as my skin started getting oily throughout the day, the powder turned my skin ORANGE! mind you, no one else seemed to notice it at first, so i thought it was just my imagination but then, it kept happening. and even though no one else seems to see it, I notice my skin turning orange. therefore, i will finish simply because it was kinda expensive for a drugstore product, but i will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2006 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this in the lightest shade, and it was too dark for me. It gives medium coverage. This looks too powdery for my taste, and the quality is no where near Jane Iredale PurePressed Base.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2006 1:03:00 PM More reviews by karatc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Broke me out in a horrible itchy red rash made of a million tiny bumps that covered my entire face. Something in it obviously irritated me, perhaps the Boron Nitride? I don't know, I wear other mineral foundations without any problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2006 1:01:00 AM More reviews by LUVMYCAT

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale at Walgreens. I wanted the loose powder but saw this and grabbed it by mistake. I decided to go ahead and try it, but it made my skin look dry and old, so I returned it and got the loose powder which I use as a finishing powder over my liquid makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2006 4:13:00 PM More reviews by miche99

so far i love this mineral powder (had for 2 weeks). I have never used mineral powder before, but it does seem to absorb oil and stay on my skin a long time. I bought the translucient light, but next time i might try the creamy natural.
I don't mind the package at all. I don't use the brush to apply, I put a little puff in the bottom and use that instead. I definately will be buying again! EDIT: months later, still loving it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2006 7:04:00 PM More reviews by i9jadei9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful light weight powder that I use as my foundation!! It goes on very nicely with my smashbox brush #19 and really evens out my skin tone. It stays throughout the day and it doesn't even feel like I'm wearing anything at all. It's not a full coverage powder but covers enough for me so that my own skin is glowing through. Plus it's really inexpensive, only $10 or so, and the compact lasts a very long time! I also tried this version in the loose powder but didn't find it to control the oil on my face quite as well. I also tend to find loose powders extremely messy and therefore prefer pressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2006 7:54:00 AM More reviews by sgilb101578

I have acne-prone/oily/sensitive skin that I finally managed to clear up with the right cleanser/moisturizer combination. Since I have some discoloration from my previous acne and a little oiliness in my T-zone, I needed something to absorb the oiliness, even out my skin tone, and hide any minor imperfections. Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder turned out to be the perfect solution. Drugstore products usually don't work for me - I'm very fair so I can't ever find the right color for myself - but this works perfectly for me. It absorbs the oiliness in my T-zone, evens out my skin tone, and hides minor imperfections, all without irritating my super-sensitive skin. One application in the morning using a makeup sponge (the brush included is terrible) lasts me all day.
I had tried several CHANEL, Clinique, Lancome, Stila, and MAC foundations and powders, but they all turned cakey on my oily skin and broke me out. I have been using the Mineral Wear for about a year now with no breakouts whatsoever. I highly recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2006 10:38:00 AM More reviews by beckie511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was very excited to go out and buy this pressed powder when I read the reviews on here, because I just purchased some Neutrogena Healthy skin enhancers tinted moisturizer (which I love!) and I wanted to find some drugstore pressed powder to cover my acne marks that would be better than Bare Escentuals (which makes me break out a bit, turns me oily, and also turns orange on my skin by midday)....wellll I have to say that I used this product for a few days and it did not make me break out, but I found it to be extremely chalky on my face. I bought this in Translucent since I thought it would be the best match for my light to neutral warm skin tone. UGH! When I put it all over my face I really resembled a ghost, and I felt I looked horrible. I tried using this as a spot treatment just to dab over little pimples or marks and even that made me look odd. Maybe I just purchased this in the wrong shade or something, but I thought the chalkiness of this was not worth it. I will have to return it and pick up some other goody instead. I just recently received a sample of Everyday Minerals concealer in the mail and pairing that with my tinted moisturizer makes me look great! If you are looking for a bit of coverage, try that stuff, it isn't much more expensive than Physician's Formula and does not have the chalky look!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett3030

Okay, I am one that said I would never wear drug store makeup. I just ate my own words. I have used Bare Essentuals and Sheer Cover mineral foundations and this is alot better. The coverage is better. My skin looks totally flawless! It is a matte instead of a shimmer and if you are in your 40's like me, you kind of stay away from a foundation that has alot of shimmer. This foundations stays put on me and I have very oily skin and live in a very humid state. I am really shocked at how this foundation has performed. I will definitely be repurchasing again and again. I thought I had found my HG in Bare Essentuals, but I think this has that foundation beat hands down.