July 22, 2014 | 1653 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2006 11:33:00 PM More reviews by asa805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What an unbelievable dissapointment. I jumped on the bandwagon with this one when it was on sale at walgreens and i picked up several in different shades (along witht he loose version). It made my [really horribly disgusting, rosacea and acne infested] skin look glorious. Like nearly perfect. All my redness and imperfections were gone. I was so happy. I went back the next day and stocked up. I should have known better. My skin just doesnt like mineral makeup. I had tried BE and JI last year and it gave me cystic zits. At that time i was on teh pill (which was another cause of my troubles) so I figured i coudl try MMU again and maybe id be ok. WRONG! THis stuff ruined my skineven more. I curresntly have a cluster of extrememly painful and sore cystic zits on each cheek (that are huge and red and starting to puss) and considerable other breakouts on my chin and forehead. I litterally nearly started crying earlier becasue i feel just so hideous. Even with all my skin troubles this has just been teh worst of it. ANd i owe it all to this gross makeup. I returned all of them and wish i never succumbed to temptation. I m just hoping that this hasnt made irrepreable damage (but with the way my skin looks and feels (raw and swollen), i think it is beyond help. I hate rosacea... and i hate Physician's formula mineral powder :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2006 8:00:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got the loose in Buff Beige and the pressed in Translucent light. The BB seems a little dark on me. I also tried the Creamy Natural and it was waay too pink. The TL pressed is perfect though. On me, it gives light coverage, just evens out skin tone. I am close to a MAC NC25/C2ish (LLL that is hard to match) and it matches OK. I apply a light dusting of this over sunscreen. I like the application of the pressed better than the loose....its so much easier to just swirl my brush lightly over the compact and then tap off the excess in the lid. The shaker is a real PITA. If I keep it, I'll have to find something I can dump it into so I can get my Kabuki brush in there and swirl it. Update: I do think that using the pressed regularly has helped keep my skin clearer!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 9:37:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smooth, non-caking, non-irritating powder that will work for many skin types. I've tried this in Transluscent on two types of skin: my pre-Accutane oil slick and my current, dried out Accutane complexion. On oily skin, this face powder tones down the shininess to a dewy finish. On my dry, irritated skin it evens out redness and faded acne marks, without emphasising flaky patches.

I find this mineral powder format very handy, preferring the portability and precision of a pressed compact over loose powder. The container is cheap and awkward, but I love having the brush compartment. I loathe the usual compact puffs so having a portable brush is fantastic for touchups (even if it's a cheapo brush). At home I use the Japonesque kabuki-style brush for application. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2006 12:58:00 PM More reviews by marybells

Like everyone else, I keep hearing about this new "mineral foundation". I thought it sounded really simple and natural. So when I saw the Bare Escentuals line I went to have a closer look. I kept looking for this wonderful foundation I'd heard about and only saw powder after powder. I figured "oh well, not for me" because how on earth could a powder work like a foundation? So when I read about Physician's Formula here on MakeupAlley I rushed out to buy this inexpensive and easily available alternative to see what the fuss was all about. WOW! I get it now! This powder actually covers! It disappears on the skin but dramatically reduces redness and blemishes. I look up close at my face in the mirror and my skin looks even and smooth like it does after I apply regular liquid foundation, but so much more natural. I need one or two touchups during the day, just like I would with regular powder over foundation, but I can achieve a fresh "morning" face with each new application and there is no buildup!

I have pale skin so I've got it in Translucent. It's true that the packaging was not well designed but who cares when the product actually works. No breakouts to speak of on my very acne prone skin. I haven't worn foundation since I bought this and my skin is probably better off for it. That tells me that this is a very special product, because I never go without foundation! I'll be trying the bronzer next and am hoping they'll make a talc-free blush someday.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2006 5:31:00 PM More reviews by heyjenb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have it in Creamy Natural, and mix it with Bare Escentuals bare minerals (I just scrape a bit into my bare minerals container.) It tends to cut down on the super shiny-ness of the bare minerals and make it a bit more matte, this give me my perfect mineral foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2006 3:09:00 AM More reviews by jayden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This could be it! My HG :o)
I love this stuff. I never thought I could go without wearing foundation under a powder until this stuff! I think I'm in love.... I have this in Creamy natural and it matches perfectly with my skin tone. However, I will give PF an A- due to the compact is so bulky and not that cute. Other than that I love PF!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2006 1:20:00 AM More reviews by princess101

I am totally in love with this product. I only bought this because I wasn't able to find the loose powder version, that everyone has been raving about. I am normally an NC20 during the winter/early spring months and a bit darker during summer. I had recently applied Jergens Natural Glow in Light, so I had a faux tan going on and purchased this powder in Creamy Natural which was a perfect match. It wasn't too yellow nor pink, but just perfect. I wouldn't recommend using a brush applicator, as I find it easier with a sponge. You are able to control the coverage much better with a sponge.

The product is quite long-lasting on the skin, however I did have to re-touch a bit during the day, for my t-zone and cheeks. This could also be b/c I have combo skin.

The packaging is horrendous, as is with all PF products. It is housed in a cheap plastic compact with a useless mirror and flat brush hidden below. The mirror is a good size though, but not practical if used during application.

This cost me a whopping $20CDN for a drugstore product, but then again, it's still cheaper than BE and Pur Minerals.

*UPDATE* I eventually bought the loose powder, but still prefer the pressed powder instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2006 10:03:00 AM More reviews by toofaced

I bought this based on reviews in P'Ville ofcourse. I must say this is great stuff. For referance I have used BE, Philosophy, and Everyday Minerals mineral MU. This stuff is comparable to all the high end brands. I do not use a brush to apply it though, I use a sponge for full coverage. This totally evens out my skin tone, hides imperfections, and minimizes the look of my pores. Long lasting and CHEAP!! Highly recommend trying this. For the price you can't go wrong!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2006 11:18:00 AM More reviews by jas_mine

i don't like it though i buy it becuase of it's talc free formula. it's quite powdery on the face. i guess the losser version is better. i have it in translucent and the colour suits most skin tone. there's is no coverage at all, so, maybe it works better as a setting powder. the one thing i hate most is the packing is really bulky and ugly. really need improvement.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2006 8:43:00 PM More reviews by dont

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

update:
Surface colors not all the way through the compact. Lighter color only is looking ghostly when applied.
end of update.
The first powder I've ever felt good about using with or instead of foundation -
no breakouts and no thick cake look or feel to it.

Foundation with a dusting of Mineral Wear during the week tones down my skin's
oil without caking or irritating. On the weekends, I've been using only this
powder to give my skin a rest from the foundation and it does a good job on it's
own. Creamy Natural shade - gets the red out, smooths out the color to a more
even tone, no heavy feel to it. The brush that comes with the compact - a bit
dense so I use a better one when home.