Clinique Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover eye

4.1

Water, Isohexadecane, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trisiloxane, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth-10 Hydroxypropyldimonium Chloride, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/10/2008 11:14:00 AM

I wanted to like this, love the packaging, but it wound up drying out my eyes, and I had to rub like 3-4x to get my makeup off... Lancomes BiFacil is 10x better and you don't have to use as much...

on 2/8/2008 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I got this as a recent GWP. Its a makeup removal OIL. I have oily skin and, although it did remove most of my MU very well (but not all of my mascara and eyeliner) it left my skin really oily and slimy after. Although it does state on the bottle that you need to rinse your face after - why spend so much money on a product where you have to rinse the skin after??! I would definitely not purchase this again. Ladies, all you need is good old baby wipes - they do a similar job at about a tenth of the price AND you don't need to rinse your skin after!

on 2/3/2008 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm very, very cautious about trying any skin care product from Clinique, which is why I was pleasantly surprised by Take The Day Off. I was expecting it to be harsh and not remove much makeup, but it removes my eye, lip, and face makeup easily. I've never had a product that removed my e/s, mascara, and liner in one clean sweep, but TTDO does exactly that, and I love that I don't have to tug to get everything to come off. I even clean my brushes with it.

My only complaint is that it leaves a bit of an oily film behind, which is intended to moisturize your skin after removal. I made the mistake of reapplying e/s after overapplying on one eye right after removing the previous shadow. The e/s kind of blended with the oil, which didn't ruin my look, but made it harder to control, if that makes sense. TTDO is a bit pricey for a remover ($26), but it's very nice.

on 1/29/2008 8:21:00 PM

Overall, this delivers as a no-frills makeup remover. I only wear waterproof mascara and occasionally play with lip stains, so I need something that removes makeup like turpentine but doesn't disturb my oh-so-sensitive skin. Clinique's Take the Day Off works without being harsh.

You'll have to shake this well before using and scrub a little (with a cotton ball of course) to get off stubborn makeup, but it's worth the trouble--most eyeshadows and lipsticks come off easily on me. I have oily, sensitive skin (yes, that combination is possible :P ) and in the 3+ years I've been using this, it's never broken me out or bothered my skin.

This isn't anything special, but it gets the job done.

on 1/29/2008 6:23:00 PM

This stuff is alright. It gets the majority of eye makeup off, but definitely not all. After I use take the day off, thinking I got every, I wash my face only to find mascara smudge under my eye. So I'm not overly impressed with this product. I'll stick with my $1.99 Johnson & Johnson baby oil--it gets ALL of my eye make up off and is non-irritating.

on 1/27/2008 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This my current HG for removing eye makeup and stubborn longwear lip colors. I wear contacts fairly often, and this doesn't bother my eyes, nor do I have to tug to get off my waterproof (powerpoint eye pencils from MAC) liner or waterproof mascara.

I've tried Almay, Lancome, and various others, but my best friend keeps telling me to go back to the Clinique. It lasts a long time, and worth the price.

Never use a cotton ball with a liquid - it absorbs too much product. I use one of the cotton squares or circles, and It is the right amount, with no waste.

I currently have one back-up, and will buy again.

on 1/27/2008 8:02:00 AM

I must be the only one who's crazy here...I don't like this product at all!
stayed one night at my girl friend's, and this was the only thing she had (she never tried it herself though). thank god it was only an GWP!! It hurt our (both of us!) eyes, and didn't remove my eye makeup. I was only wearing (non-shimmery) eye shadow, non waterproof mascara and no eye liner at all..gee I ended up removing my eye makeup with water...

on 1/24/2008 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wow! At first I was hesitant to try this because I've found some Clinique skincare to be quite harsh and break me out in the past, but this is just fantastic! I received a 50ml trial size in a Christmas gift set and have used it every day since (30 days!), with no dryness or irritation around the eye area. In terms of effectiveness, it's like a miracle! Previous products required me to tug at the eye area, and even then I would be left with black residue, but with this product, only a very small amount is needed and heavy, waterproof makeup can be removed in one swipe. This has become an essential part of my evening routine and is very good value in terms of price ($35 AUD for 125ml - even cheaper on StrawberryNET). I will not hesitate to repurchase a larger bottle when the time comes (Although that will be a while away - I am not even half-way finished this one after 30 days and it's not even full size!).

on 1/12/2008 12:21:00 AM

okay, i must be the only one that thinks this stuff sucks! even after completely saturating a cotton pad with this stuff and holding it over my eye for 10-15 seconds to let the product "dissolve" the eye makeup, it does NOTHING. i usually use maybelline's expert eyes eye makeup remover and it does a MUCH better job than this crap. don't waste your money.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It's great for stubborn waterproof mascara and I use liquid eyeliner everyday so this stuff is awesome for it. It does get a bit greasy feeling but its soo gentle and soft and not much of a horrible smell to it. It is a bit pricey but like someone else mentioned Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover is a great alternative if you don't want to fork up the cash for Clinique.