September 30, 2014 | 1328 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 5:41:00 AM More reviews by choklad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mother has been using this for as long as I can remember and now I know why! This is a great make-up remover that doesn't irritate the skin or the eye and does the job perfectly. Although I am a contact lens wearer, I never have problems while using this with my lenses on ... It does give a sheen of oil on the lids after using, but it disappears quickly and I always wash my face afterwards anyway. I don't think I'll ever switch to another make-up remover. This thing is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2007 11:54:00 PM More reviews by citylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This doesn't irritate my easily irritated eyes. Takes off waterproof mascara and stubborn gel eyeliner without pulling out your eyelashes. Rinses away with water and doesn't leave a greasy film. Only wish it came in a tube instead of a bottle. The price is reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 12:49:00 PM More reviews by lba619

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! Have used several GWP bottles, and keep coming back for more. My HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 8:46:00 PM More reviews by belcanto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for sensitive eyes. Removes eye make-up well without irritating the eyes. Yes, a bit greasy but I wash my face afterwards anyway so it's not a problem for me. This and the Lancome's DOuble Action Eye make up Remover are the only two that I will use because of my sensitive eyes. Clinique is less expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Deanster

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Its very good at removing makeup but it is..like others have said...its quite greasy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 12:33:00 AM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the last reviewer. It does feel really greasy and I have to take my contacts out immediately after I use it because my eyes feel so...ick. The only reason I'm giving it a 3 is because it does a decent job of removing my makeup, it was free in a bonus, and I've actually tried worse products.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by boredbunny

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fortunately I got this product as a GWP. I hate, hate, hate the greasy, oily, slimy feeling it leaves on my eyelids. It seeps into my eyes. I love the Estee Lauder stuff so much better--even though it has a significantly lower rating here on MUA!

I will use it because it's free, just not quite as willingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 12:55:00 PM More reviews by miabo

So far the best makeup remover I found. Removes everything without irritating my eyes. Miss Sensitive Eyes talking.
You have to use only one or two drops by moderate make up.
My only complaints go to the oily residue it leaves but you can rid off this with another cotton pad and some other cleansing product :))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 3:46:00 PM More reviews by rihannsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must be one of the few oddballs who actually like the oily residue. But then, I have dry skin, so my skin probably soaks up most of the oil.

When I'm washing my face, I purposefully go light on the eye area so I can give it more attention with a cotton swab dipped in this stuff. I use Fludline eyeliner from MAC, which doesn't come off without a fight. A swipe of this stuff does the trick.

I got addicted to this from the samples that Clinique gives out with their "Bonus Week" promotions, so the sample lasted me for a long time. I finally broke down and bought a regular size which should last me at least a year.

That makes me feel better about the price, which is about $17 USD. I tried going with the less expensive L'Oreal version, but it didn't do as good of a job and I actually missed the oily residue (go figure).

For the longest, I just used this on my eyes, since I didn't wear that much lipstick. Now that I'm branching into reds and like to experiment at home before wearing new lipsticks out of the house, I use the cleanser dipped in a cotton ball to remove. It takes all of my lipstick off, period. Works just as well for the lips as for the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 1:37:00 AM More reviews by GinSengTea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My friend introduce me to this eye makeup remover and I love it. When I wear makeup, I like to wear eye shadow, waterproof mascara and gel eye liner. I use one cotton pad for each eye, hold it over my close eyes for 10 seconds to let it soak in. Then I gently wipe my eye areas. There's no stinging and it's not too oily. The price is reasonable compare to other department store brands. I would definitely purchase again.