April 17, 2014 | 1771 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Clinique - Take The Day Off Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by boredbunny

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fortunately I got this product as a GWP. I hate, hate, hate the greasy, oily, slimy feeling it leaves on my eyelids. It seeps into my eyes. I love the Estee Lauder stuff so much better--even though it has a significantly lower rating here on MUA!

I will use it because it's free, just not quite as willingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 12:55:00 PM More reviews by miabo

So far the best makeup remover I found. Removes everything without irritating my eyes. Miss Sensitive Eyes talking.
You have to use only one or two drops by moderate make up.
My only complaints go to the oily residue it leaves but you can rid off this with another cotton pad and some other cleansing product :))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 3:46:00 PM More reviews by rihannsu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I must be one of the few oddballs who actually like the oily residue. But then, I have dry skin, so my skin probably soaks up most of the oil.

When I'm washing my face, I purposefully go light on the eye area so I can give it more attention with a cotton swab dipped in this stuff. I use Fludline eyeliner from MAC, which doesn't come off without a fight. A swipe of this stuff does the trick.

I got addicted to this from the samples that Clinique gives out with their "Bonus Week" promotions, so the sample lasted me for a long time. I finally broke down and bought a regular size which should last me at least a year.

That makes me feel better about the price, which is about $17 USD. I tried going with the less expensive L'Oreal version, but it didn't do as good of a job and I actually missed the oily residue (go figure).

For the longest, I just used this on my eyes, since I didn't wear that much lipstick. Now that I'm branching into reds and like to experiment at home before wearing new lipsticks out of the house, I use the cleanser dipped in a cotton ball to remove. It takes all of my lipstick off, period. Works just as well for the lips as for the eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 1:37:00 AM More reviews by GinSengTea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My friend introduce me to this eye makeup remover and I love it. When I wear makeup, I like to wear eye shadow, waterproof mascara and gel eye liner. I use one cotton pad for each eye, hold it over my close eyes for 10 seconds to let it soak in. Then I gently wipe my eye areas. There's no stinging and it's not too oily. The price is reasonable compare to other department store brands. I would definitely purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by starfruitvj

A nice eye make up remover, does the job well, however I find it a little too expensive and a bit too oily to buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Supergirl17

Wow, I just got a small bottle of this (in the free gift set) and I love it! I was amazed by the amount of make-up left on the tissue I used to remove it with. It got every bit off too... a first with any remover i've tried! Unfortunatly, I would repurchase this, but I think it's too expensive for my college budget. It's a hard desicion though... I think I'll probably cave in and buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by beemoody

I've used a lot of d/s versions of eye mu remover (but not many dept store versions) and finally got this Take the Day Off (TTDO) MU remover a few yrs ago as part of a free gift and I am SO glad i did! Clinique gives it out a lot as a free gift too, so you can really test it out while enjoying other Clinique products. Actually, this month, Macy's in PA is giving out a free gift that has a 1.7 FL OZ TTDO as a part of it (along with a really cool tiny wristlet, a similiar mu bag, and a bigger green print mu bag plus a dramatically different moisturizing lotion and a mascara...and I got a supermoisture sample to try).

TTDO really works to take off any mu including w/p mascara and liner pencil. I usually use one cotton ball for each eye and then a q-tip to get whatever is left over. With most other MU removers I've tried I have still had to use vaseline, my be all and end all, to get the little bit that is inevitably left over, but there is no need with TTDO. Plus it doesn't sting my eyes - AT ALL!

It isn't cheap but it isn't as expensive as some others. I love it and will keep using it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 5:02:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

This reminds me a lot of Mary Kay's version and also one by Almay. I got this for free in a gwp at Macy's and the formula is superb. I am a huge fan of Estee Lauder's Take It Away cream eye makeup remover, but this Clinique one is just as good. Takes off even tough glitter and waterproof formulas with ease, all without irritation nor tugging. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2007 1:03:00 AM More reviews by ticklemeangel

It takes off my eye makeup so quickly & easily. I find that eye makeup removers that AREN'T oil free wipes off my makeup easier. I apply it on a qtip each night and that's all I even need. I have a sample size & by using my method I positive this tiny bottle will last me a while. Although I like this product, I don't think I wil be buying it again because it's just too pricey for a makeup remover. I hear around that Almay's Makeup Remover works just as good. It even comes in a purple bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 11:50:00 AM More reviews by softgrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

quick, effective and effortless! everything i need in a makeup remover.

the end!