July 28, 2014 | 992 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by vivified

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I. LOVE. THIS. FOUNDATION.
(just wanted to say that first and foremost :))

Price: 2- not the cheapest in the drugstore, but still a good bargain for a fabulous foundation

Packaging Quality: 3-I don't love or hate the package. The glass container is solid + sturdy, with a large opening. I suppose the foundation leaks a bit on the opening, but that's not a big deal. It holds the product. woohoo.

Overall Rating: I scored this product a 5... but I'd really give it a 4.5 if that were an option. SOOO close to HG.

Pros: Smooth looking medium coverage//did an excellent job in covering past acne scars//natural finish (in between matte and dewy, blends seamlessly into clean skin)// Didn't break me out, and I have very sensitive acne-prone skin (but didn't miraculously clear my acne.. didn't expect it to)//great color match, I'm nw15-20 (right in the middle!) and no 120 ivory blended in well//

Cons: oooone little thing... the salicylic acid (0.6%) makes this foundation unsuitable for use under the eyes. my undereyes get a bit dry if I use it there. so I'll leave that up to my undereye concealer. but that's the only thing that keeps it from HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2007 4:37:00 PM More reviews by paintedlikeadoll

Wow! I have to say with great surprise and pleasure, that this foundation does not suck!! Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who is strictly anti-drugstore foundations, due to the abysmal shade selections normally consisting of various horrid shades of gray, orange, pink, apricot, and mustard yellow. For this reason, I’ve haven’t given them much of a chance as far as quality and performance because I absolutely will not tolerate foundation that doesn’t match my skin perfectly (or nearly perfectly). But when my skin suddenly turned hyper-acne prone, I had to abandon all my beloved expensive custom-blended pimped-out high end foundations in a desperate search for something my skin could tolerate: namely, something SPF-free, oil-free, myristate-free, basically ingredient-free. This is why I decided to give Almay CCM a chance, not for what it contains, but for what it doesn’t contain. I tried Buff first – hmm not really a good match, too pasty-pale. Yuck. Then I bought Sand, the next darkest yellow-based shade. Way too dark & yellow! Then I mixed the 2 shades in roughly 1:1 proportion and voila! A pretty decent match! I can actually wear this! Now about the foundation itself: The consistency is fairly thin and runny (compared to what I usually use) and I’d describe the coverage as sheer-to-medium and buildable. It spreads and blends very easily, which is a definite plus! Never looks streaky or obvious. The finish is definitely matte. Basically, it’s an OK finish – doesn’t make my skin look as smooth as I’d like, and it certainly doesn’t comoflauge my pores whatsoever, but I will say that it wears well and keeps the shine at bay for most of the day. The most important thing is: it does not give me acne (as of yet, knock on wood). To sum up: CCM isn’t really HG, but it’s surely a keeper. Which is more, much more than I ever expected from a $12 foundation.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 8:03:00 PM More reviews by JCgirlie

This is the best liquid foundation I have ever used. Great coverage! Doesn't give the cakey look. I bought the lightest shade - Ivory - and it is perfect. I'm on my second bottle. Will continue to buy. *Though Walmart seems to not carry it recently. I hope I can find it somewhere so I can continue to use it. I do think drugstore.com has it if I can't find it locally. Highly recommend this makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by geanie11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! It might actually help my skin in the acne area. So far no extra breakouts and I love the coverage, hides my old scars, it is very buildable and blends right into my skin. I find the colors to be good for my skintone and it last all day with a smooth finish wihich evens out my skintone. The only thing it might do is cause a little drying if your skin is already dry, probably best for oily/normal skin, but nothing serious. Will definatley buy this again, not to bad price at around $10.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by dare2move

it covers alright but don't expect it to do anything spectacular for your acne marks. it just makes them look purple but for a drugstore foundation, it works okay. you should use a concealer under it as it has very sheer coverage. i haven't experienced any breakouts so i'm pretty happy with it. i'm sticking with this until i can find a better foundation. biggest complaint is the packaging, it's hard to always pour the foundation out, i really don't know what they were thinking.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by smstanley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I liked this at first, until my mom told me that my complexion looked sallow. I haven't touched the stuff since then. The consisitency is good, but the color was definitely off, at least for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by jagnew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin was in terrible shape from a bad reaction to another product and this is just what I needed. After less than a week of use, my skin has almost completely cleared up. This foundation looks natural and non-irritating to my sensitive skin. Best of all, it has my incredibly oily skin still looking matte well into the afternoon which is amazing for me. Initially, I experienced a little flakiness around my nose, but I've learned to moisturize a little more in that area. As others have mentioned, the packaging could be improved. The glass bottle just seems impractical and difficult to work with. But I can't complain too much because the product itself has done wonders for me. For those who have oily skin and are breakout prone, this is definitely worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Kaylarenee2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I use the AHA souffle by Alpha Hydrox at night and then this foundation for the day and my skin has never been more clear. This controls oil much better and looks more natural than my EL Doublewear did, and costs way less. I would absolutely recommend to anyone with oily and acne prone skin. I think any reviews that commented on it being too drying were posted by people who don't have oily skin. For me it has been wonderful to stay matte past noon. I will buy this foundation for as long as they continue to make it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by aimeedemilo

This foundation is great for the price! I haven't tried many other foundations, but the SA reccommended this to me and I really like it. My nose area is my only problem so i only use the foundation in that area, and it fits my skintone so well you can't tell the difference between my nose and my cheeks. It covers well is you apply a bit thicker and it's really easy to blend. I've tried mineral make-up and i have to say that this liquid one is much more natural looking.I'll probably rebuy this when i use it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 3:48:00 AM More reviews by scoobella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best foundation I have used! I still try others out from time to time, but nothing comes close to this. For oily acne-prone skin it is perfect. Contains salicylic acid and I really think it helps clear my blemishes. I get amazing results using a foundation brush - I don't use much product but it is quite matte and doesn't wear off. I like that it feels quite light but has the staying power of heavy foundations like revlon. Keeps oilies away, I just set with loose powder in the morning and it doesn't need touching-up all day. For night I just use blotting paper or light dusting of powder around t-zone and I'm good to go. Even when I'm concerned I'm getting a bit oily I check in the mirror and it just looks like a lovely glow! Range of shades is limited, I'm at the fair end of the spectrum and used Naked. The bottle frustrates me at times because the opening is so big. Not a big problem though. I don't notice any smell either. I'm yet to find a better product, and the low price is a bonus.