October 22, 2014 | 1808 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by boomygrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have had mixed results with this. I was about to give up on it, but lately it's made my face look great. I think the trick is to wait and let it absorb really well before applying powder over it. It has medium coverage but you can add more pretty easily if you need more coverage.
If you do not wait for it to absorb before adding powder, your face can look streaky. Or at least mine did.
Not sure it's really doing anything for my acne, but it isn't hurting it either. When my face is ultra oily, it does get blotchy later in the day, but for some odd reason it hasn't lately. My face is weird. I tend to have mixed results with all my foundations, so take it with a grain of salt.
Oh, also, I stopped wearing blush lately and that seems to help it from not getting streaky. If you can pull it off (not wearing blush), I would recommend doing so.
If I'm going for a natural look, this works. when I want to look really made up or if I need lasting power (day and night), then I use my clinique.

EDIT: I gave up on this and took away a lippie. Why you ask? The streak factor was just too much. Yes, sometimes it looked great on my skin...but more often than I would like, it just didn't. I have such oily skin that it just didn't work out for me. Other people might have better results, that's why I only took away one lippie...because on me, it's 1 to 2 lippies...a compromise, I guess.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Smerestain

i can only say so much good things about this product.i have normal/combo skin and get break outs very easily. i have use ulta mineral foundation and it broke my skin out like crazy.I recently purchased Bare Minerals hoping that it would give me good results, but after 2 hours on my face, i look like like i just came out of an oil factory!!!! my face look like it has been dunk in grease, and no matter how much i blot it, it never look as good as when i first it on. that product was a waste of money. this was my first liquid foundation.i was hesitant to buy it at first but it was 50% off at bartells. and after seeing good reviews here i said what the heck?.. i was very happy with the results this foundation last for more than 8 hours folks!! . it stayed put , and i look poreless!! it looks very natural, and it gives medium coverage so your face doesnt really look like a goop! it gave me a little pimple but nothing serious. i think i got the pimple coz my boyfriend keeps touching my face but i put some acne medicine and it went away. just be sure to put a lot of moisturizer because it can be a little drying because of the salycilic acid but other than that i love this foundation and will DEFINITELY buy it over and over again!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2007 5:41:00 AM More reviews by Breauna

This may be a bit early for a review since I've only been using this product for 3 days thus far. I'm so happy with it at this moment that I feel the need to add a positive review. I am very picky when it comes to makeup (and am also a product junkie). To be honest though, I don't normally buy department store brands so I can't compare or comment on those. I usually like to buy more "natural" products like the ones found at Whole Foods or vitamin shops, etc. I have tried several foundations in the past including the powdered mineral types and they never worked for me. For the past couple of years I've been using Zia Naturals liquid foundation (which is ok but a bit thick so I just blend it with moisturizer before application). Lately it's been feeling a bit "dirty" and just a tad too dark for me. I wanted a cleaner, brighter look. After reading the reviews I decided to try out this Almay Clear Complexion liquid. As far as drug store brands go, the ingredients aren't too terrible. I don't really expect it to heal any blemishes, I'll just be happy if it doesn't give me any new ones. I bought some makeup applicator wedges and this foundation in Buff (140). I pretty much assumed I would end up returning it but lo and behold, I love it! The color is not a perfect match, mind you, but it's closer than I expected to find. I have a difficult skin color to match being a quarter Japanese I am very fair yet still have a yellowish-olive tone. Buff is probably the closest match from this line unless I'd want to buy another and blend (which I may have to do when I tan a bit this summer). I put a very light amount of moisturizer on my face then I moisten the wedge and apply the foundation. It comes out even and I barely have to use powder now. Even though my skin is dry it still gets shiny around my nose and on my forehead. But with this foundation I need maybe one touch-up per day now. And when it does get shiny it appears more "dewy" than greasy which is nice. I'd say this is light to medium coverage depending on how you apply it. I suppose you could make it heavy if you really tried. It's not too perfumy smelling and it feels really clean when it's on. It took a couple of years off of my appearance, I swear. So long as this doesn't end up breaking me out, it is my new holy grail drugstore foundation. At under 13 dollars it was so very worth it. I almost didn't buy it because 90% of the time I'm disappointed when I try new makeup but I'm glad I gave it a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2007 12:01:00 AM More reviews by vivified

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I. LOVE. THIS. FOUNDATION.
(just wanted to say that first and foremost :))

Price: 2- not the cheapest in the drugstore, but still a good bargain for a fabulous foundation

Packaging Quality: 3-I don't love or hate the package. The glass container is solid + sturdy, with a large opening. I suppose the foundation leaks a bit on the opening, but that's not a big deal. It holds the product. woohoo.

Overall Rating: I scored this product a 5... but I'd really give it a 4.5 if that were an option. SOOO close to HG.

Pros: Smooth looking medium coverage//did an excellent job in covering past acne scars//natural finish (in between matte and dewy, blends seamlessly into clean skin)// Didn't break me out, and I have very sensitive acne-prone skin (but didn't miraculously clear my acne.. didn't expect it to)//great color match, I'm nw15-20 (right in the middle!) and no 120 ivory blended in well//

Cons: oooone little thing... the salicylic acid (0.6%) makes this foundation unsuitable for use under the eyes. my undereyes get a bit dry if I use it there. so I'll leave that up to my undereye concealer. but that's the only thing that keeps it from HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2007 4:37:00 PM More reviews by paintedlikeadoll

Wow! I have to say with great surprise and pleasure, that this foundation does not suck!! Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who is strictly anti-drugstore foundations, due to the abysmal shade selections normally consisting of various horrid shades of gray, orange, pink, apricot, and mustard yellow. For this reason, I’ve haven’t given them much of a chance as far as quality and performance because I absolutely will not tolerate foundation that doesn’t match my skin perfectly (or nearly perfectly). But when my skin suddenly turned hyper-acne prone, I had to abandon all my beloved expensive custom-blended pimped-out high end foundations in a desperate search for something my skin could tolerate: namely, something SPF-free, oil-free, myristate-free, basically ingredient-free. This is why I decided to give Almay CCM a chance, not for what it contains, but for what it doesn’t contain. I tried Buff first – hmm not really a good match, too pasty-pale. Yuck. Then I bought Sand, the next darkest yellow-based shade. Way too dark & yellow! Then I mixed the 2 shades in roughly 1:1 proportion and voila! A pretty decent match! I can actually wear this! Now about the foundation itself: The consistency is fairly thin and runny (compared to what I usually use) and I’d describe the coverage as sheer-to-medium and buildable. It spreads and blends very easily, which is a definite plus! Never looks streaky or obvious. The finish is definitely matte. Basically, it’s an OK finish – doesn’t make my skin look as smooth as I’d like, and it certainly doesn’t comoflauge my pores whatsoever, but I will say that it wears well and keeps the shine at bay for most of the day. The most important thing is: it does not give me acne (as of yet, knock on wood). To sum up: CCM isn’t really HG, but it’s surely a keeper. Which is more, much more than I ever expected from a $12 foundation.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 8:03:00 PM More reviews by JCgirlie

This is the best liquid foundation I have ever used. Great coverage! Doesn't give the cakey look. I bought the lightest shade - Ivory - and it is perfect. I'm on my second bottle. Will continue to buy. *Though Walmart seems to not carry it recently. I hope I can find it somewhere so I can continue to use it. I do think drugstore.com has it if I can't find it locally. Highly recommend this makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2007 2:09:00 PM More reviews by geanie11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! It might actually help my skin in the acne area. So far no extra breakouts and I love the coverage, hides my old scars, it is very buildable and blends right into my skin. I find the colors to be good for my skintone and it last all day with a smooth finish wihich evens out my skintone. The only thing it might do is cause a little drying if your skin is already dry, probably best for oily/normal skin, but nothing serious. Will definatley buy this again, not to bad price at around $10.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by dare2move

it covers alright but don't expect it to do anything spectacular for your acne marks. it just makes them look purple but for a drugstore foundation, it works okay. you should use a concealer under it as it has very sheer coverage. i haven't experienced any breakouts so i'm pretty happy with it. i'm sticking with this until i can find a better foundation. biggest complaint is the packaging, it's hard to always pour the foundation out, i really don't know what they were thinking.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by smstanley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I liked this at first, until my mom told me that my complexion looked sallow. I haven't touched the stuff since then. The consisitency is good, but the color was definitely off, at least for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 11:29:00 AM More reviews by jagnew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin was in terrible shape from a bad reaction to another product and this is just what I needed. After less than a week of use, my skin has almost completely cleared up. This foundation looks natural and non-irritating to my sensitive skin. Best of all, it has my incredibly oily skin still looking matte well into the afternoon which is amazing for me. Initially, I experienced a little flakiness around my nose, but I've learned to moisturize a little more in that area. As others have mentioned, the packaging could be improved. The glass bottle just seems impractical and difficult to work with. But I can't complain too much because the product itself has done wonders for me. For those who have oily skin and are breakout prone, this is definitely worth a try.