Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

This is my favorite liquid foundation. My skin looks really good with it on. It goes on smoothly and doesn't take much to give me good coverage. It evens out my skin tone really well and covers up my pimply bits. It holds up well enough against my oily skin as well.

on 7/9/2007 6:12:00 PM

I had hoped this would serve the purpose of being a great full coverage foundation that healed blemishes. It is... sort of. The first thing that bothers me is that Almay doesn't make a very extensive color selection, which is guess is typical for drugstore foundations, but even so... there was nothing that really matched me very well. My biggest issue with this, even more than the color, is that it settles into the pores in my T-zone. (Mostly just my nose area) This just looks downright gross! All I've been using this for is for coverage over my acne prone areas (chin/jawline) and it's worked well for that. I apply my powder foundation over it, so the off-color of the liquid foundation isn't noticeable. I suppose I will continue using this, until I find something better, but I'm not going to buy it again. I just wished this had worked.... it's not very cheap at $12 for drugstore products. If you have acne prone skin, I suggest using a mineral makeup foundation, or Maybelline Pure foundation, with acne medication underneath.

on 7/5/2007 3:07:00 PM

I have worn this foundation for 7 years often buying from other lines thinking something else might just be a bit better and though there are some good ones this is still #1 for me. I always come back to it and when I do that's when I get the most compliments on my skin.I use Buff which is a perfect match for my NC15. Always looks fresh and flawless plus it's good for my skin. I've stocked up especially now that it comes with a pump.

on 7/4/2007 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I have this in tan and honey it does not match my complexion very well seeing as how i am farely yellow and olive toned so its a bit off obviously. i was looking for something that was sheer but had coverage and this did look great dont get me wrong but i think it broke me out i have been using it a week or so and i have been through every make on the planet i am thinking of trying estee lauder double wear next, who knows lancome doesnt work then again teint idole does not seem to match up to my skin and color ideal breaks me out as well. If this works for you lucky!! because it does look great!

UPDATE::
i started using this again and it doesnt break me out i love it now lol. but it has a CON. it drys my skin out in places and it drives me crazy other than that i say its a go for it.

on 7/4/2007 1:27:00 PM

I love this foundation. I have combination skin, and this makeup has never once broken me out. I have been using this foundation for a long time, along with the concealer. Apply with a brush, and that bottle goes a looong way.

on 7/1/2007 6:50:00 PM

I've been using this foundation on and off, it's a perfect shade match for my NC25 skin and the coverage is great.
I have combo-acne prone skin which I take care with PC routine and weekly Accutane.
I have clearer skin and this foundation doesn't break me out *big plus for me.
I pair this with NARS loose powder and spot conceal blemishes and scars with MAC studio fix.

Want to try ALMAY TLC, waiting for more reviews on MUA.

on 6/30/2007 5:38:00 PM

This product actually made me break out. I have overly sensitve skin though. It didn't last long, I found myself having to reapply it after only a couple hours. It also comes off super easily on shirts (which my boyfriend did not appreciate too much). Coloring is good though, gives a dewy effect.

on 6/24/2007 4:06:00 PM

I've been using this product for several months now. I use it every day. It does seem to have a healing effect on acne. It looks pretty natural but does make the skin look fairly smooth and even. It lasts for several hours. I apply it in the morning before work with one of that triangular make up sponges. It works great. I use the Buff 140. I've tried several different brands of make up and this one seems to be the best so far.

on 6/23/2007 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I first bought this during a bad breakout three years ago, and have been using it off and on (in Ivory on my NC15 skin) ever since, whenever I start to have skin issues.

The great: the texture, which glides on, blends well, and doesn't feel heavy. It also lasts all day.

The very good: I don't know that it actually clears my blemishes, but it doesn't leave me with more, and I break out at the drop of a hat.

The could use improvement: typical for a drugstore foundation, the color range is limited, which could make finding a match trouble.

on 6/20/2007 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

it does what it says-clears up zits as it helps heal them. i also use benzoyl peroxide at night as an all over treatment. in the winter, the combo of both acne mediactions is too drying, but its great in the summer. i would recommend it for anyone with light to moderate acne