August 21, 2014 | 1882 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2005 11:34:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

I used a little of my BF's last night as a cleanser and this morning as a mask. First off, I do not in any way, shape, or form have sensitive skin (I use AHA, BHA, peels, clay masks, and various other treatments nearly every day on my combo/oily skin and never get irritated, red, broken out, etc.) This stuff, however, did give me a strong tingling/just-this-close-to-burning sensation due to the menthol in it. No visible irritation but it wasn't a totally pleasant experience.

Rant: I am completely against menthol in face products--sure, it feels like the product is doing something when you feel the cool tingling--but it is an irritant that does no good for skin. The menthol is listed fairly low down in the ingredients list, but it still seemed extra-strong to me. When I used it as a mask, my eyes actually began watering up from the fumes.

My face did feel nicely smooth and fresh after using this as a face wash, but I can't imagine using it on a regular basis. It can't be used to remove makeup since you shouldn't get it near your eyes. Plus, it's meant for acne-prone skin (has benzoyl peroxide in it) so it'd be too drying in the cooler months (right now it's very hot and humid and I'm very oily). Avoid if you have dry/sensitive skin. Use with caution if you have oily/acne-prone skin (but even in this case, I think you should just go with a gentler cleanser that you can use all year round--even the acneic can get irritated). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2005 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jean1021

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have dry, ultra-sensitive skin, but this product works really well for me. i love that cool, tingly feeling and those teeny-tiny scrubbers in this cleanser. it works really well on me too and leaves my skin acne-free and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2005 10:14:00 PM More reviews by dancinbluegirl

people keep complaining about how it burns their skin.well most of the people who are have sensitive skin and it says right on the label not to use it if you have sensitive skin. otherwise it is a great cleanser,though i havent tried it as a mask yet. so for those people who look at this,dont use if you have sensitive skin, honestly it'll save you the burn.EDIT:used it as a mask and it works nicely. i use it in the shower so it'll be easier to wash off and i think its working perfectly

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2005 5:48:00 PM More reviews by bluegirlhere

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is good being a peroxide product, but a word of caution: Do Not Leave On More Than 10 minutes. I left it on over night and it discolored my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2005 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Faerie

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked this in the begining and used it for a few weeks... until I got a bit in my eye... I'm not taking even enough to feel it immediately, just the residual that inevitable ends up on your eyelashes. It made my eyes angry, red and swollen the day after which lasted a few days. I've never had an adverse reaction to a product before, my skin's not sensitive in the least. everyone else seems to love this stuff, my rotten luck

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2005 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I keep running back to this over and over and over again. I love the fact that it's a multi-tasking product. You can use it as a cleanser and also a mask. My skin feels so incredibly clean after using this and makes it so smooth. Will repurchase forever (or as long as they keep making it).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2005 11:36:00 PM More reviews by SunriseSunset

Lol-leave it to me to ruin a product's good rating. I guess I'm one of the very few who didn't like this. I think it's too harsh for my skin. I had a few breakouts I wanted to get rid of so I used this as a mask. The next morning, I woke up with a faceful of new breakouts-even in places where I was clear the previous night. I also looked red and blotchy the next day. Oh, and this isn't a one time thing either. I tried it a few months ago and got horrible results. Put it away, tried it again last night, and the same thing happened. This is not a good product for me. I think my skin is just too sensitive for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2005 3:06:00 PM More reviews by candycanesummer

This is my favorite cleanser (I'm oily-skinned and acne prone). I put down that it was a "4" on the price scale because I go through quite a few of these tubes (about 2 a month). But I will never use anything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2005 12:23:00 AM More reviews by GlisteningStarlights

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have dry skin but I do get those cystic zits when I get my period. So, I just take dabs of this and put it over the zits and leave it on overnight (just on the zits) and by morning, they're practically gone. This is really awesome and does work.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2005 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Peaches27

Well, I usually don't buy this sort fo st uff for frear is will break me out. But after seeing the rave reviews and knowing that I normally get good results from BP I decided to try it.
I think this has really helped to control my breakouts. I've been using Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner as well and then using my Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream and my face has been looking much better.
Great product.