July 26, 2014 | 1541 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2004 6:51:00 PM More reviews by cynderella724

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my absolute FAVORITE brushes for the lid area! This is the one I use almost every day. I love, love, love this brush & own a couple. Did I say I LOVE this brush!

This brush, made of fine goat hair, is excellent for packing e/s also. I highly recommend owning at least one of these brushes. Worth every penny! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2004 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Katya94

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Is it possible to love a brush too much? Because I really really really really love this brush. Really. It's most similar to the #242 brush, but I much prefer #239 because it's fuller, denser, and softer. Great for a more intense but soft (does that make sense?) application of eyeshadow. My only thing about the white bristles is that they really show that they're dirty, but that's just me. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2004 4:47:00 PM More reviews by danby4me

I love this eye shadow brush. I have #242, and it's not close to 239. I like how the bristle are short-more power and pressure. Plus, it's so soft. Best eye shadow brush I've own. I bought it on ebay to save some $$, but it's worth retail price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2004 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Snowfnugg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is soft and dense... gives a great result! I hate that the bristles are white. I know it's silly, but I feel like it's dirty although I wash it regulary, because after been using it with dark colors it's hard to wash it all off. Oh well, not a big deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2004 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Kristie999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After years of using, what I now know as, scratchy brushes, I coughed up the $24 to buy this shadow brush. I have to say it was well worth it. It's soft and glides easily. I'm thinking of buying more MAC brushes because I love this one soooo much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2003 11:35:00 AM More reviews by BSteee2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This brush is perfect for applying eyeshadow very precisely. Much like the 213, but more compact in how it was put in the brush. The 213 is more fluffy.Although, I try to use this brush when applying a light colored eyeshadow, due to the white hair as opposed to the brown/black hair in the other brushes, this is a great brush. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2003 7:46:00 PM More reviews by maryam

this is an excellent brush for lid work and general eyeshadow applications...i wasn't happy with the 213 or the 242 for applying color to my lid area but this brush deposits just the right amount of pigment and color and doesn't require a lot of work...the hairs are pony and so are white and they feel substantial so it should last me a while...it's $27CDN which is kinda pricy but i fihure good brushes are a in investment so definately check this one out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2003 12:21:00 PM More reviews by bastet

If I had to choose only one brush by MAC or only one e/s brush by any brand it would be this one. It's super-soft and can be used to apply e/s all over as well as for the crease area. I wash it regularly and it has never shed any hair. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2003 5:17:00 PM More reviews by ALim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush! I use it to apply my base shadow and it works perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2003 4:31:00 PM More reviews by dpkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got my husband to pick this one up for me after looking it on the web site. The pics on the MAC website make it look like its on the same scale as the 213 fluff brush that everyone raves about. So I was shocked to see how large it actually was. I have small eyes so it didn't work for me. I like my 228 mini shader better and the 219 pencil brush is divine for crease work. Needless to say, I returned it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No