MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 3/21/2005 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought this cus everyone raves about it. and i needed something with firmer bristles than the 213.

I do love it. application is easy and my shadow turns out beautiful. i use this for blending too. I am going to buy another 239 this week i love it so much. i need one for lighter shadows. This is becomming one of my fave brushes (besides my current love the 231)

on 2/26/2005 9:26:00 PM

I bought this on a whim and almost immediately returned it because of the price: $24. Decided to give it a try and *so* glad I did.

I have always spent money on makeup--mainly MAC--because of the quality, amount of time it lasts on my face, and colors. Always bought cheap brushes from Maybelline. Never could really see what the difference would be between a cheap brush and an expensive one.

I came home and used the MAC 239 brush with Satin Taupe eyeshadow. What a world of difference! My eyeshadow shows up so much more with smoothness that I never achieved with good ole Maybelline. I will never buy a cheap brush again! So much so I bought the 129 brush off ebay for blush and powder. Hasn't arrived yet, but hope it'll make the difference I noticed with the eyeshadow brush.

I have just bought this #239 brush in Diana Ross LE Collection. And you know what? Every girl should have it!!! Bye bye sponge aplicator!!!

on 1/11/2005 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't know why I haven't been investing in MAC brushes till recently. This brush picks up just the right amount of shadow and you can use this to blend and shade. Love this!

on 1/3/2005 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I can't believe I hadn't reviewed this yet! 239 is my favorite brush, I have 2. It's made of goat hair, which is densely packed and picks up loads of color. It distributes great color easily, packing it on. I absolutely love this brush. I even prefer it to the 272 which is the angled version.

on 1/3/2005 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love this one! I used to use the 213 for applying most of my color, but found this one is far more superior! This one deposits color exactly where you want it. It works great for those shadows that have the glitter so that the glitter goes where it's supposed to and not on your cheeks. Also great for concentrating color on the lids and building it up. I can't live a day without mine! I was surprised that I'd love this one so much!

on 10/16/2004 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Is is one of the best brushes in their line. It's a semi-soft brush which is densely packed. It doens't shed at all! Also, its great to apply an all over wash of color, or to apply color just on the crease, or to apply a highlighting color near the brow bone. It's a very versatile brush that I see myself picking up each morning. Check this one out- it's a real winner.

on 10/8/2004 9:25:00 AM

Simply amazing. I agree with what everyone has said. So soft, tapered to pick up lots of product, dense enough to put the product where you want it. I like to buy cheap brushes when I can but this baby is worth every penny I paid.

on 7/24/2004 11:44:00 AM

I love the MAC #239 brush! The best thing I like to use it for is patting on MAC pigments (or other pigment powders I have) over a base. They do not flake all over the face, and application is more precise.

I use it for a few other things, but the patting of the pigments is the most essential I have found for it. Excellent quality.

Been using it constantly over a year now and it is still in great shape. Color will stain the white bristles, but I do not care. Does not bother me a bit. Some people it might, however. continued >>

One of my absolute FAVORITE brushes for the lid area! This is the one I use almost every day. I love, love, love this brush & own a couple. Did I say I LOVE this brush!

This brush, made of fine goat hair, is excellent for packing e/s also. I highly recommend owning at least one of these brushes. Worth every penny! continued >>

Video Reviews & Tutorials