August 20, 2014 | 1628 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Allure for women

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2002 12:03:00 PM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Classy, swank-smelling floral, very feminine to me, with a vanilla tinge that is very well done. For once I disagree with Miss Victoria; I don't find the drydown too sweet. But overall, the fragrance is a little too heavy for me, even applied lightly, so I can't say I'd purchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2002 1:37:00 PM More reviews by unknown

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smelled way to powdery on me. In the bottle it smellled great though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2002 7:24:00 PM More reviews by lucyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great every day perfume. It is subtle yet draws compliments all the time! A true classic I think

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2002 10:00:00 AM More reviews by dreamwalkblue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Eurgh! A prime example of a fragrance that smells terrible and full of chemicals on me (typical department store perfume). It's way too strong, too pungent...like a yellow birthday cake that has been liberally sprayed with pesticide. :( Sweet, powdery, pungent, and chokey.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2002 10:25:00 AM More reviews by estesmcc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just have a sample of this one. I probably wouldn't buy it, but I'll definitely finish off my sample. It is warm and spicy, and I can see why a lot of people like this one. I like the spiciness, but it's just sweet and heavy enough that I think it would get on my nerves if I wore it too much. That's why I only rated it a 3.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2002 1:06:00 PM More reviews by JennBard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smelled so good on the magazine strip! NOT so on me! I guess it may just be my chemistry but I sprayed it on and ended up feeling like an old lady the rest of the evening. I guess the good point is the staying power. I couldn't get rid of the scent until I showered!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2002 3:05:00 PM More reviews by LaFif

I tried this several years ago and thought it was too sweet then. I re-visited this scent recently and found I like it, but ONLY in the EDP not the EDT-properties are different and SA agreed. I'm a Chanel-aholic, and have found same fragrance in different products I have to stay away from. But I do love this scent now in EDP.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2002 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it - its one of my favorites during the winter.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2002 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Mayra

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the few fragrances I absolutely abhor. It reminds me of bug killer. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2001 8:04:00 PM More reviews by MsEKNY

I love this fragrance! It smells sweet and spicy at the same time and it's not that overwhelming. But the application know-how of this fragrance is really important. What I like to do is spray it on one wrist and rub my other wrist together and take that to each side behind my ears. This will generate a perfect balance of the scent, IMO. This scent can be very strong so you have to apply it with a light hand. One spray goes a VERY long way. I still smell it throughout the end of the day, which is a definite plus in my book! :)