November 23, 2014 | 1947 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2006 9:22:00 PM More reviews by sninz69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love the feeling of this product on my skin - it IS just mineral water (so no extra ingredients etc - which sometimes makes me feel a little silly lol) but i have been using it for jus over a day now and must say that my skin is looking ALOT smoother and dewier than it was - and i have been breaking out recently, and this has relieved the redness of those ingrown hairs and zits...

its not all that cheap for what it is ($19.95 for i think its a 100ml or something like that - i got the medium size bottle), but it does work well annd i cant wait to try it over foundation (i use a matte finish foundation coz of my combo skin, but i do prefer a dewy finish) - i heard that this gives a great dewy finish to any makeup - will report back i gess!!

AND i can also see how this product is great in air con too - jus for refreshing and renewing ur skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2006 7:43:00 AM More reviews by zubroza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've also tried the Vichy and La Roche Posay brumisateurs, but this one somehow got me hooked. I use it almost everyday. In the morning before applying my Regenerist serum and/or in the evening after cleansing to calm down my skin. On non-tretinoin nights, I use more than usual and let it sit for a few minutes. When my face is still damp I apply my Avene recovery cream and vaseline on extra dry or sensitive spots.

Tip for all other males: this has made my shaving routine much more tolerable. I not only use it after shaving to calm down my skin, but I use it to wet my skin before applying shaving cream and spray a bit in my palm to lather up my shaving product. Works wonderful!

I've always been quite sceptic about the effectiveness of brumisateurs, but there seems to be a lot of evidence that Avene thermal water really has an anti-inflammatory function. Check out these links to pubmed-articles for more information.

Article 1

continued >>

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2006 8:51:00 AM More reviews by sallieee3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

can't live without this product, really calms my irritated skin (dry and sensitive), always spray it on after cleansing...its great for sudden itch attacks too, relieves it immediately

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Steph5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Since Iíve used Avene thermal spring water I have noticed a slight difference in my skinís texture. I think most of its appeal is that it is a refreshing alternative to using a toner, which might leave the skin tingly and irritated. It is also great during the summer or after working out, to cool down your face and body. Iíve even seen people using it while on vacation for treating their sunburn. All in all, it is an interesting product and definitely worth trying (having too). But if the price is a problem, you can try using a cotton swab dipped in cool water, and spread it around your face before moisturizing to achieve a similar effect.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by shinran

It's just water in a can. Tap water with few drops of glycerin did better job than this for my dry, ultra-sensitive skin. I personally suspect placebo effects.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2006 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Ashley88

great as far as water goes ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2006 11:29:00 PM More reviews by bonnie_71979

I bought this from my aesthetician after she used it on me during a facial. I never would have bought this without her insistence because I thought it would have been pointless to spray water on my face. I have some redness on my face from old acne scars as well as from when I exfoliate. Spraying a little bit on my face after bathing really soothes my face and lends some glow and non-oily shine. This also works well on rashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2006 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Zeljana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is just great. I use it in the morning, before make up, after putting on make up to give my skin a more natural look and after removing make up. Thermal water is a way to go to refresh myself in the summer and to soothe my sensitive skin in cold weather. I always wear a 50ml spray in my handbag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2006 6:07:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

For several years I was using the Mir Cleansing Gel, which I loved, but I developed more and more redness in the area around my nose. I thought it was my perioral dermatitis getting worse, but for the last six weeks or so, I have been "washing" my face with this alone (not wearing makeup, of course) and the redness is probably 90% gone and in general my skin looks quite good. I think this is going to be a staple for me. I just wish it wasn't so hard to come by.... UPDATE 8/07: I never use this anymore. For some reason, I get weird irritation around my jawline and eyebrows when I use this. I now use LRP Thermal Water to tone and calm my skin after cleansing. I've had much better luck with LRP products than with Avene.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2006 2:00:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I do think this is slightly overhyped, as I haven't noticed any improvements in my skin. But it hasn't messed it up either (how could mineral water do anything, anyway?) I do like that it comes in a little can and sprays a very fine mist. I use this before applying moisturizer; I can use less product and it seems to sink in better. I've heard that it's always best to apply moisturizer when your skin is slightly damp, but since I don't keep my stuff in the bathroom, my face is usually dry by the time I get to my bedroom. So this is nice to have around. It feels very refreshing as well. I do wish it weren't so pricey; I may try some other brands (or I may try prying open the can so I can refill it with my own mineral water). I also tried using this to 'set' my makeup but I think that only works for powder foundations--I use tinted moisturizer and concealer and set it all with loose powder--spritzing this on just caked up the powder and ruined my makeup.