Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 7/29/2013 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

this is a great volume mascara. it gives more volume than colossal (9X). Makes my eyelashes appear longer as well. Its an overall good mascara

on 7/29/2013 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Generally speaking, I have always had great luck with Maybelline mascaras. Their formulas, and their mascara wands always gives me my desired look and my HG mascaras include the Falsies and the Colossal. I was excited to try the Rocket as I believed I would experience the same good results.

TBH, when I first tried it, I hated it. It was wet, glompy, and the brush was very large and the bristles were painful on my eyelids. It clumped very easily and overall, I had a very difficult experience with this mascara.
However, the more I use it, the more I like it. It really holds the curl in my lashes all day and it never smudged or flaked on me. It is difficult to remove from my other non-waterproof mascaras as it comes off in flakes and clumps.

THE APPLICATION:
-clumps very easily
-very black formula
-lengthens & slightly thickens the lash
-build-able but clumpy (personally don't mind bc I have thin lashes)

OVERALL:
Not worth the rave or hype but I still like it bc it gives me dramatic looking lashes for my thin-non-existent lashes. Will not work for everyone but it's growing on me RATING: 3.5

on 7/29/2013 8:00:00 AM

I bought it 3 or 2 months ago, I don't remember exactly. I'm not a fan of these silicon brushes but The Rocket is great. I have long and rare lashes and they're very different by eyes but this mascara makes them look great. Another + on my list is the fact that it lasts very long and water doesn't :influence: it...oh, and the price is really great ( at a store in my town it was a promotion so I've bought it for 6 $)

on 7/28/2013 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara is great for anyone who likes to wear makeup to the pool, beach, etc or just when they'll be super sweaty. This product will not come off! At night I have to scrub it off, which is not good for your eyes. That's why I only wear this for activities such as swimming. It does lengthen your lashes alright, but if you have naturally short lashes this wont work very well for you. It doesn't create volume either, which is a downer for me :( if you want it to come off easier, just apply a different mascara first before applying this one.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this some time ago and never opened up the package till last week. With mascara I always give it a week before giving a review so I can be fair. The first intial application was a bit thin so my lashes didn't exactly look lush and full. Second application...WOW! The volume appeared before my eyes and there was no clumping. That time I did curl my lashes and after spending some serious time outside in humid Florida and cooking over a hot stove my lashes did not go flat, smudge or flake. 3rd time I applied without curling the lashes and I received the same outcome as the second wear. I always buy Rimmel mascara's but this one just kicks its out the field. I will definitely repurchase this once I go thru the rest of my mascara stash.

Update: 10/8/2013 This is quite difficult to remove. Even if I use a cleansing oil and make-up remover its a struggle to remove.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This formula is amazing! The wand is amazing! Even the packaging is pretty amazing!!!! I would suggest this to anyone. It's kinda my top used mascara out of my collection

on 7/28/2013 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

At first, I was a little taken back on just how wet the formula of this mascara was; I just wasn't really used to it. After I got used to the wet formula and huge brush, I fell in love with this! It can clump a little bit if you aren't careful, but I think your going to get that with any volumizing mascara. My absolute favorite way to use this is to do 2 coats and then run Covergirl's Clump Crusher through it. It makes my lashes look amazing. It looks great on it's own as well.

on 7/28/2013 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara! It's one of my favorite mascaras from Maybelline! The packaging is very bright and colorful and the mascara itself makes your lashes insanely voluminous and big! This mascara looks good on any eyes, the brush is insanely easy to use and the product glides on very smoothly and softy. You don't need many coats and it holds the curl of your eyelashes.

on 7/27/2013 1:59:00 AM

This mascara is the best mascara I've ever used. It's made such an impact on my confidence, just because it works so well!! Doesn't clump, makes my lashes practically touch my eyebrows, and lasts ALL DAY. I've come home from school many times and looked in the mirror with nothing on my lashes. You would have never known I put on makeup that day because my mascara would flake off by the middle of the day. When I use Rocket Volume, you can actually tell that I have makeup on. It also photographs beautifully.
10/10 repurchasing for the rest of my life. ♥

on 7/27/2013 1:42:00 AM

Total waste of money. The brush is too hard and the product is terrible. No volume, little length, LOTS of clumps. Very ink-like.