April 17, 2014 | 1585 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Munklepuff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I too was excited to purchase this because of the good reviews. I even got it from overseas as its not yet available in my country. The size of the tube and the brush gave me expectations of large voluminous lashes but in my experience it gave little volume. If you want length and separation then this may suit you, but i didnt give me the drama i expected as the other maybelline mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Dlrainer

I have naturally long lashes and this mascara just didn't do anything for me! I've been using Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express ( which is amazing!!) for about 5 years but I wanted to try something new. The brush on the rocket is just too small. I feel like for people with short, sparse lashes it would work a lot better. I'll still use it til it's empty but won't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really excited when I purchased this mascara because of such good reviews. However, I was so disappointed the mascara did not hold my curl it made my eyelashes clumpy and ugly. I did not like it at all and returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by imkayy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've gone through two tubes of this mascara already. I have short, thick lashes and this mascara really lengthens them. I currently have the waterproof which is really hard to get off, so I regret getting the waterproof. If you use an eyelash curler with this product, the curl holds throughout the day with this mascara. I love it! I've gotten many good compliments about my eyes with this mascara!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 5:54:00 AM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not too picky with mascaras. I have long lashes already, I need something a bit more dramatic with volume. I have a Diorshow mascara, which doesn't do anything and dirties my eyes, a Mac long lash mascara, which is awful and I look spidery, and a Benefit that gal, that is thick and is not good one. I decided to go for something cheaper, even though Maybelline in China is much more expensive than in the US, and yes, I am happy. Summer hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know how this macara will 'behave', but right now I am happy with it, it gives me volume, length, it is easy to remove, no cons I can think off. Let's see in the summer.
PS: I have the normal version, I cannot find the waterproof version in China.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by sherrybird

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the waterproof one. I love this, it's even better than my lash blast waterproof. It really holds a curl, separates, volumizes, lengthens, it does everything. Some people have said that it's really hard to remove but I find it removes like any other waterproof mascara, even easier than lash blast actually. I just use baby oil. Doesn't smudge or flake. I haven't tested it in water yet but I have worked out in this and it's fine. This is my new favourite waterproof mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

Never fails maybelline. I have the rocket volume express in waterproof. The packaging is super cute, royal blue tube with a pointed top. The brush actually reminds me of the one-by-one mascara from maybelline but the formula is more wetter. I instantly notice the volume and even length to my lashes. love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by missmelodyskye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like the formula of this mascara. It thickens my lashes, gives length, and holds a curl. It's also very black. My only beef with this product is the brush. It's very similar to Cover Girl Lash Blast's brush in the sense that it is a rubber bristle brush. I feel like the bristles aren't long enough to really get into the lashes. The bristles taper off at the end so you can't use the end of the wand to get to the corner lashes. If they would make the bristles longer overall or put a spiky ball at the end like Benefit's They're Real, I would call this a HG mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by frecklesrock

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great. The brush allows you to color each little eyelash. I have the non waterproof and it stays on well. No smudges at all. I knocked it down a little for the packaging as the part you hold (the lid) is a odd shape and not user friendly. Otherwise I highly recommend this.
For it to work the best you must do the wiggle and blink method. It will coat your lashes well. I still use a spoolie brush after applying to be extra sure all my lashes are going the direction I want them too.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by StephAByrd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this mascara, but it has continued to disappoint me every time I give it another chance. I purchased the non-waterproof version. The product is easy to apply and one coat is enough for me. I am happy with the length and volume, but after only a few hours of wear, I look like a raccoon! I will fix it, but several hours later the raccoon look returns. This is extremely frustrating because this happens while I'm at work. I can go run a 5K outside and the mascara doesn't budge. I do not understand! Also, like other reviews have noted, this mascara is extremely difficult to remove. Definitely will not be repurchasing.