Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

I love this product. I've been using it for about a month and I always find my lashes get much longer and gain more volume. It is easy to get off with just water. It can clump together sometimes and that is the only thing I am not a fan of.

on 6/30/2013 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The best of the maybelline mascaras. Separates and adds loads of volume and a bit of length to my lashes. Doesn't flake, and most mascaras seem to on me! Love the brush, I used to hate plastic bristle brushes but I'm converted! Robust packaging, cute & colourful. A bit pricey but not that expensive you wouldn't take it out with you

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is too wet it smudges all over my crease and puts my eyelashes together reqiure a lash come to fix it. The other problem no matter what concealer I use it gives my that raccoon look all over my under eye.It not as wet or clumpy as the voluminous mascara by l'oreal but still this is more expensive and not worth the work.
The only thing I liked how easy it was to get off.I think in a couple weeks I'll try in again I'm hoping that it dries out enough that I can at least use it.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I love this mascara. I have long and thick eyelashes, so I like to curl and play them up a lot. Finishing off with this mascara gives them dramatic and noticeable length & volume. The brush is decently sized and very easy to use, in fact I use one now from a previous bottle as a lash & brow comb. The packaging and "rocket" marketing ploy are too cute as well. When Maybelline first released this mascara it was my HG. However, my only complaint with this is that even the non-waterproof version is difficult to remove, it almost acts as a waterproof. I don't buy waterproof mascaras because I don't like having to scrub it off at night, especially since my eyelashes are notorious for falling out. In conclusion, it is a great mascara, and I would buy it again.

on 6/27/2013 1:55:00 PM

I don't really get the hype, it's pretty good, but if you put too much on it gets VERY VERY VERY VERY clumpy, like SO bad, but if you put the perfect amount your eyelashes look amazing, mixed feelings :/. Try it out though, just use it sparingly!

on 6/26/2013 6:10:00 AM

i enjoy this mascara, im very hesitant to try new makeup. im glad i tried this! this is my emergency go to when i cant find my covergirl lash blast. it doesnt flake onto my skin and it doesnt weigh my eyelashes down like covergirl lash blast does. it takes some time to build up a full eye lash look but it is possible with some warmed up eyelash curler and patients!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all, I wear this in waterproof. Where I live is very humid and you have no idea when it's going to rain, most of the time. It's definitely a good idea to wear waterproof mascara in the Summer time. This mascara separates my lashes, but gives me volume at the same time. I haven't found that it clumps, which is just marvelous. My only problem is that by the end of the day, my lashes have fallen. Overall, it's a great buy. I would recommend other people trying it, as well. (This doesn't irritate my contacts, either.)

on 6/24/2013 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this mascara! It does the best job out of any mascara I have ever bought, it lengthens SO much, and volumizes well too. I have good eyelashes to begin with so I can literally make it look like I'm wearing false lashes when I take time to apply this well. It does not clump or make your lashes stick together, it separates well. Lasts aalllll day! If you try to reapply this while the first coat is dry it does make your lashes look a little "scraggly" as I would put it...so layering has to be done rather quickly.

The only NEGATIVE I have with this product and why I gave it 4/5 and will not be repurchasing (it was given to me as a gift) is not to do with the formula, but the fact that Maybelline tests their products on animals... NOT cool. I don't think people realize the extent of suffering test animals go through (yes, they do test on cats & dogs), therefore I do not support Maybelline. I'd rather go with BeneFit who is cruelty free :)

on 6/24/2013 11:13:00 AM

this mascara is the BESTT!! i absoulely love it so much. but i have short and straight and thin lashes so after i curl them and apply this on.. it doesnt seem to hold the curl so i might have to buy an waterproof version of this but overall its AMAZING. def lengthes out your lashes. very volumizing and i like the colors of the package! very cute!

on 6/23/2013 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is HG for me. I have decently thick, long lashes but they really hate holding a curl. I thought my HG was the One by One Waterproof, which did a good job at separating my lashes and holding my curl while providing a cute fluttery look, however, by the end of the night my curl would be deflated with the One by One. The Rocket on the otherhand (waterproof formula) holds my curl even after a long night out dancing and sweating. I highly recommend for those who have hard to curl lashes

Video Reviews & Tutorials