Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 7/31/2013 11:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is the first mascara I have ever purchased and I will never use anything else unless this gets discontinued. It is absolutely fantastic! I use the waterproof formula in very black and it looks so good! Application is easy, as is removal (the remover I use is intended for waterproof makeup). My eyelashes are already very full so I was worried that using this would make me look like a cartoon character, but it plumped them up just enough to make a statement. I've never had any issue with clumping or running. This is a product that absolutely deserves five lippies!

on 7/31/2013 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Finally my mature light colored puny lashes get some oompf!! Does what the more expensive mascaras do! Holds steady all day until you remove it. Note: other reviewers are spot on when they say it is a bit difficult to remove and I did not get the waterproof one. That is its only downfall. The benefits outweigh it so it gets a five. Oh, and I've repurchased and will continue to do so.

on 7/31/2013 7:53:00 PM

Makes eyelashes look amazing, slightly difficult to take off

on 7/31/2013 6:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I use the waterproof version. This mascara is pretty good if you have sparse lashes like I do. I feel as though this lengthens while not looking too clumpy. I'm not too sure how well it holds a curl because I have yet to find a mascara that keeps my lashes curled for a long time. It also has a large brush that I'm not a big fan of because it does make it harder for me to get to certain areas. I only used this mascara for a couple of weeks before I accidentally dropped the brush on the carpet :/ Overall, it's a good product.

on 7/31/2013 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Theeeeee worst. Harsh, hard brush that feels like you're scraping your lashes with a log. It came off in flakes all day, all night, constantly walked around with a black speckled face. This is definitely going back to CVS.

on 7/30/2013 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have always used Estée Lauder and Lancôme mascara, I was a die-hard you get what you pay for kind of girl. I was on a school trip and realized that my HG lengthening mascara wasn't in my makeup bag! Well we were staying in a hotel near to a CVS so I went and picked this up. I have ridiculously long eyelashes that literally touch my browbone, but are very sparse. This mascara lengthens and thickens, which is what I need most. I can't believe I paid so much money for so long for something subpar to this. I love it. 4/5 because it takes a while to dry, and because my lashes are so long it sometimes makes a mess on my lids and browbones. But new HG, I will never use anything else again!

on 7/30/2013 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS MASCARA. It has adorable packing. I love the volume it brings. However it it quite hard to get off. Even with out being water proof it is very hard to get off. I usually just take a shower afterwords and it gets the rest off.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have dark brown eyes and I love making them stand out. This mascara makes them look darker and bigger, which is perfect for me. It's amazing in combination with the Maybelline Illegal Length mascara, because even though The Rocket mascara does give you a bit of length, the combination of the two makes your eyes seem much bigger and, in my case, darker. It also goes well with the Maybelline Master Precise eyeliner, but make a really thin line because you don't want to go over the top.
The only problem I have with the mascara is that it makes my lashes stick one to another and, if it's really bad, I need to use a brush to separate them.

on 7/29/2013 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

this is a great volume mascara. it gives more volume than colossal (9X). Makes my eyelashes appear longer as well. Its an overall good mascara

on 7/29/2013 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Generally speaking, I have always had great luck with Maybelline mascaras. Their formulas, and their mascara wands always gives me my desired look and my HG mascaras include the Falsies and the Colossal. I was excited to try the Rocket as I believed I would experience the same good results.

TBH, when I first tried it, I hated it. It was wet, glompy, and the brush was very large and the bristles were painful on my eyelids. It clumped very easily and overall, I had a very difficult experience with this mascara.
However, the more I use it, the more I like it. It really holds the curl in my lashes all day and it never smudged or flaked on me. It is difficult to remove from my other non-waterproof mascaras as it comes off in flakes and clumps.

THE APPLICATION:
-clumps very easily
-very black formula
-lengthens & slightly thickens the lash
-build-able but clumpy (personally don't mind bc I have thin lashes)

OVERALL:
Not worth the rave or hype but I still like it bc it gives me dramatic looking lashes for my thin-non-existent lashes. Will not work for everyone but it's growing on me RATING: 3.5