November 28, 2014 | 1033 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by ZoeLouise123

I do like this mascara, but it wasn't as good as I was expecting due to the 'hype' about it. It is better than previous mascaras I have had but I have had others which worked better on my eyelashes. Although I'd probably buy it again as I really like the wand and it doesn't leave clumps!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by BritneyHok

My HG mascara , it separates , adds volume, and length ! It looks like your wearing false lashes. It's perf basically.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by seajay23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in brown! I hated it at first...I got this and the colossal cat eye, b/c walgreens had buy one get one 1/2 off on maybelline mascaras, and I wanted to try a drugstore mascara, due to being underwhelmed by my Smoky Lash. Anyway, long story short the second time I used this mascara I was hooked....I don't know what changed but I've been wearing it everyday for around a week now!
I did notice that it hasn't flaked, or smudged at all, which I love!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Chloewalton

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought this mascara is great! it made my eyelashes triple in volume and added lots of length too, however if you apply more than 2/3 coats it will start to get clump.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Jselig15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because I saw it was the cheapest mascara on the shelf and I loved it. I never saw the commercials for it and was surprised when I did. This mascara definitely does what it says!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I was hesitant to purchase this because I very much dislike Maybelline's generic do-nothing-but-tint outdated GreatLash mascara. But I purchased after learning a girlfriend of mine (who has TO DIE FOR lashes) uses this. My eyelash envy/lust justified that it couldn't hurt to try.
The price is worth it for the mascara brush alone! I'm not kidding- the brush is awesome. This mascara curls, darkens, volumizes like crazy and adds length, too. It's super pigmented and dense. I can see where people are coming from on the clumping complaints- but it needs to be viscous as to provide volume. I noticed if I am careful to not get too much product onto the brush and if I avoid 'snagging' the lashes during application (always 'roll' the brush with the lash- don't wipe mascara on) it looks pretty dang good. Very much like it. This helps give my eyes the 'Brigitte Bardot' effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Micheleellsworth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really wanted to like this but i did not like it as much as i wanted to. When i used this it made my lashes clump together like crazy and even when i curled my lashes, my lashes still werent as curly as when i used different mascarra. I do not if maybe it was weird and it didnt work right but i will definetly want to try this product again

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Naina27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I have been on a mission lately to find a mascara that would give me fun flirty lashes. I have bought so much mascara in past few weeks, its crazy! This mascara really did exceed my expectations! The first thing I loved was its packaging. I liked how it fit well in my hand. I also examined the brush before i dunked it into the mascara. I liked how the bristles were really close together, and it felt soft. So then i put the wand in the tube and finally applied the mascara. I couldnt believe the volume that this mascara gave me. You do of course have to put on atleast 2 coats, but I put on 3 and it really made my eyes pop. I think the fact that the bristles are so close together, it gives you that edge. It also gave my lashes some length, but I bought it primarily for the volume effect. I'd say if you are looking for volume, then this is the mascara for you :) :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good mascara. I have long, fairly dark lashes, so I look for thickening and volume in a mascara. The Rocket delivers on both accounts, it gives a nice dark fringe of lush lashes. The volume isn't off-the-charts, drag-queen-style intense, but it's noticeable.
My only complaint is that it's on the wet side and can be clumpy at times, even with using a lash comb afterward. The wand is on the thick side, similar to the CG Lash Blast wand, with short plastic bristles. The outer packaging is cute and distinctive.
I'd buy this again, and I'd recommend it if you're looking for volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Maxxi12

I have been loving this mascara! It's one of my favorites. It doesn't clump my lashes and my lashes look longer. My favorite mascara is benefits they're real (about $26). The maybelline the rocket mascara give me the same effect as benefit they're real! The rocket is only $7! I would definitely repurchase.