Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 7/23/2013 8:29:00 PM

I really like this mascara. My eyelashes are not very long to begin with, but this mascara makes them super long. I love the application and the brush makes it so I have no clumps. I normally curl my eyelashes before applying this mascara, so that may help. The only downside is by the end of the day this mascara tends to run in my crease or below my waterline. I normally don't have this problem, so normally ill put one layer of waterproof to seal it in. Besides that the product really works!

on 7/23/2013 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is definitely my HG mascara. I've purchased it twice so far. The first one my dog chewed up I has in blackest black. The second one I picked up brown by mistake but it was still amazing. Best drugstore mascara I've used by far. Definitely will re-purchase.

on 7/22/2013 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this mascara in waterproof about 3 weeks ago and I LOVE it. It holds the curl and makes my lashes look 3x longer then it actually is. It does not clump as long as you don't put too much on. It's so far my favourite mascara. The only dislike is that this mascara takes me a long time to remove but I don't mind. I would recommend buying this product.

on 7/21/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Eh, so far it's not good. The wand is big, which is basically useless. Bigger does not always mean better when it comes to mascara wands. It's hard to get the inner corner lashes, and it clumps right from the start. So you're left with lashes that are stiff and stick out in all different directions. It builds volume fast, but what is the point when it gives spider leg lashes? This is not the look I'm going for, and drugstore mascaras need to stop with the huge wands. All Maybelline mascaras also tend to flake in recent years, so I don't know what I was thinking. They should stop and take notes from high end companies, where the wand is just as important as the formula. I'd like just basic black plastic packaging as long as the product works!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product wasn't one of the worst mascaras I ever used, but it wasn't the best and I wouldn't waste my money buying another one, the worst thing was it clump a lot even by doing one thin coat, it clumped like I said and made me feel ugly, I need to find a new mascara, if you know any good drugstore mascaras for short straight lashes contact me please x

At first I really liked how this product made my lashes look! They were really long, volumized and non-clumpy. However after about an hour it seemed like it was just getting everywhere! It was under my eyes and worst of all it was getting in like the corners of my eyes and I had try and get out these little balls of mascara!! That was not fun and I overall didn't really like this product.

I quite liked this mascara! I like the brush, and when I put it on I have big, full, long lashes. Not super natural looking, but if you like that look its great! It slightly irritated my eyes, because of its flakiness and watery formula, but not too noticeable and not a tipping factor. I wont repurchase, I'm in love with Maybelline's Falsies Volum' Express!

on 7/18/2013 3:06:00 AM

This mascara looks cute. Whats NOT cute is having racoon eyes. I have it in waterproof n it still refuses to come off. I used a makeup remover wipie AND liquid eye makeup remover n my lashes were still stiff. Even after washing it off i woke up the next day to black smudges under my eyes. I bought this from my job so when i asked my boss if i could return it he asks why n i told him. He goes "oh so the problem is that it works too god" ughhh men! Anyway cute packaging fair price good color but its too wet n is a bitch to remove. The brush is ok but not enough to save it. Will b getting my money back asap!!!!

on 7/17/2013 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

After hearing lots of beauty gurus on youtube talk about this mascara, I decided to go ahead and buy it. I purchased this mascara over 3 months ago and I still use it all the time!
Although, I do have a love/hate relationship with it....

The mascara comes in a wide, blue bottle shaped like a rocket. The brush is quite big with a unique style of bristles. Not like other cheap mascaras. When I first used this product, I noticed on how lame all my other mascaras were! I am not a huge fan of expensive mascaras and even though this mascara is 12 euro (which is expensive for drugstore) I think it gives a great finish!

Pros
It makes your eyelashes black as black and gives good length and makes them thick.
The packaging is creative and durable.
Its a great price and easy to get at my drugstore.
It wasn't too messy removing it.

Cons
They made some of my eyelashes clumpy and dry just after applying it. Even when I went in to to brush them out with a clear eyelash brush they would not separate.
There was a bit of fallout at the end of the day on my lower eyelashes.. (Not cute!)
I found the brush was the main part that made my eyelashes clumpy. I found the bristles weren't long enough and the brush picked up too much mascara.

Although there is a few cons, I still love this mascara and gives a great finish for 12 euro! If you want black, think noticeable eyelashes this is the one for you! Boots tend to do a deal every now and then and reduces the mascara to 9 euro!

Thur x.

I really like this product. It definitely lengthens lashes without having to build it up a whole ton. It also stays on all day and doesn't produce any fall out. The rubberized brush is also awesome. I was skeptical at first because I usually like mascara with bristles, but I think that this mascara works great.

The packaging is super cute and it isn't super bulky like some mascaras are. The only complaint I have is that the mascara is VERY hard to get off. I can't even imagine what the waterproof version must be like! But besides this, it's an awesome mascara!

Popular Mascaras