October 25, 2014 | 1867 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by jelbee

I tried the sample from my Cosmo, so packaging and price are null

Well... I'm definitely fair and NOT light, this product gave me an orange-y glow I was NOT expecting. Not the product's fault, as they can't anticipate my porcelain-white skin tone, but... it makes me wonder how intense the fake colour is on the "fair" version.

I do like the way the product feels-- and it feels like it's given a good base for my foundation.

I'd probably buy the fair to give it a shot if the price wasn't too extravagant.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:52:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried this BB cream and a Korean brand BB cream (liole). I can't use the asian BB cream because I got way more tan this summer and that particular BB cream is very light and only comes in light shades. In comparison, the asian BB cream is better, but I do like this Loreal BB cream as a tinted moisturizer. It provides me with an evened out skin tone, smoothed surface. I do like this BB cream for a no fuss easy makeup routine (school, errands). I do opt for a foundation when I want to look more put together. I powder after this BB cream because without it, I end up looking extremely shiny after an hour or so, like I just applied a ton of lotion to my face. I would not purchase again only because after this one is done I would like to try other BB creams out there on the market.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

This BB cream is pretty good at stopping my forehead from becoming oily, even on a hot day. It's not too heavy of a coverage, just enough to cover the redness on my face. I broke out a little bit though, so I'll have to try again to see if it was from this product.

Update : I've worn this a few more times, each time I broke out again :( Not changing the rating on the product since it's more of a personal issue, but I thought I'd let you know. Sensitive skin girls be careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by YCR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in Light/Medium and it is just a teeny bit darker than my skintone, but it's nothing I can't work with. At first I didn't like this product that much because when you first apply it, the texture feels kind of gritty/grainy, but when you keep blending the product onto your skin the texture actually disappears and it blends pretty well. It comes out of tube looking white, with teeny tiny particles that contain the color (and I guess that's what makes it feel gritty) and when you rub it against your skin, the white disappears and the actual color shows up. The coverage is quite good for my taste and needs (It covers the slight redness around my nose and some discoloration around my jaw from the few pimples I get every now and then), but its coverage is definitely on the lighter side and you can built up the amount of coverage where needed- but it won't cover any ubber dark spots. The consistency is on the watery side, but it doesn't bother me. I love the packaging because I find it to be very sanitary- it's a tube that you squeeze and has a fine tip from which the product comes out- you can't stick your fingers/nails inside of the product. This is one product that works great on my very oily skin, because it doesn't make it oilier, nor makes me break out. The ONLY two problems I've found with this is that if you have dry patches or peeling skin, this is definitely going to accentuate it and make it look worse. You need your skin to be very well moisturized before using this. And I also don't like that it doesn't contain any SPF, but that's not a huge problem for me because I use sunscreen under this anyways. Bottom line is: I would definitely recommend this unless you have very dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:48:00 PM More reviews by dcakes711

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this product in Light in my most recent issue of Cosmo w/ a $1 off coupon. I've been wanting to try BB cream for a while, so I was pretty excited. The texture is grainy, which isn't a good or bad thing. Light is perfect for my skin tone, so I lucked out. I instantly saw a difference in my skin. I felt I looked overall healthier, brighter and even. I put on Too Faced bronzer after I applied a little over a dime sized amount. My skin is usually oily, so after about 6 hours I used a CVS oil blotting sheet to remove some shine. I usually use an entire sheet and surprisingly I used maybe a quarter! I'm very happy with this product, especially since I'm a very loyal Sephora and Urban Decay shopper that hardly buys from drug stores. I do want to try Maybelline and see how they compare. The price is great and I can honestly say my skin hasn't looked this close to flawless without expensive products in a long time!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2012 12:26:00 AM More reviews by gymgoddess19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

AWFUL! I didn't actually pay for this, I just used the sample that came in my issue of Cosmo. The sample color, as it usually is, is "light" and I think my skin is lighter than that, so "fair" would have probably been a closer match. Anyway, I put the cream on, which was watery in texture and clear upon application. In a few minutes, it turned to a darker shade, which to my surprise, wasn't *too* dark for me (unlike Garnier's BB cream, which completely oxidized and turned an ugly orange). I'll admit- I left the house feeling pretty pleased with the way I looked.

That didn't last long.

Just for some background, I struggle with adult acne and have very acne-prone skin. I am used to not having many clear days and as a result, am very cautious of trying new make up products. I am currently using Revlon ColorStay as my foundation and the Garnier under-eye roller for blemishes, and these products have not negatively impacted my skin.

This crap destroyed my skin! I am now looking at 13!!!! new whiteheads (yes, I just counted, lol) and I am pretty pissed :/ Just glad I didn't buy this junk and now Im just praying that my skin will clear up. If you are acne-prone as I am, DON'T BUY!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Foua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont really like this. Upon applying, my skin feels tight. I actually bought the "light" shade which made me look like i have a very fake tan. I need to try the shade in "fair".

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all, I need to mention that I got this as a sample so I can't say much about the price and the packaging. The sample I got was "Light" and upon squeezing it out of the package it seemed promising, it had the color and texture of other BB creams that I have tried. However, upon applying it and spreading it on to my skin the color of the product turned to a horrid orange color, definitely not "Light". I assume this is the "Magic" aspect of it, the color changing effect. I washed it off instantly. Maybe I would have better luck with a fairer shade, but I'm honestly not even going to waste my time with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by DCMakeupAddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like others, I was a bit weirded out by the texture, but it quickly turned into a smooth product and dissolved into my skin. I am using the Light color, and tested the even lighter tone (Fair, maybe) but it was VERY light and didn't seem to have the same coverage as the Light tone. The Light is a wee bit dark for me, but with concealor in the key areas and powder on top, it evens out into a good color.

I have melasma/dark spots, and this gives me a more even tone that I like, without the heavy feeling of full foundation. With a little Bare Escentuals concealor (LOVE this stuff, by the way), I have an even complexion all day without greasiness except on the most humid of Washington DC days.

The only thing this product is missing is an SPF, which I use every single day to protect my skin. I layer the L'oreal Sublime Skin 50 spf sunblock underneath the BB cream and that works pretty well. I am going to try the new Maybelline BB cream that has an SPF and see how they compare.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by allisonclaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading mixed reviews I was really excited to try this product out for myself. My skin type in the summer is usually combination and especially sensitive because of the sun, so I was glad that this product didn't offer any spf because most drug store sunscreens irritate my skin very badly (I use a very expensive brand now). It took a few tries to decide how I felt about the product and which application worked best...I found that using a primer before helped it spread more evenly and smoothly, and I also would recommend rubbing it in until the small capsules burst because those did irritate my skin and make it difficult to spread. Over all though I am AMAZED by how great the coverage is (I didn't even need to build, although it is buildable) and it is so natural looking and feeling too. I would recommend it for a low maintenance option to cover up fading acne marks :) (you would probably want something more heavy duty if you are in the middle of a break out!)