September 2, 2014 | 1628 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Foua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont really like this. Upon applying, my skin feels tight. I actually bought the "light" shade which made me look like i have a very fake tan. I need to try the shade in "fair".

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by staci13

First of all, I need to mention that I got this as a sample so I can't say much about the price and the packaging. The sample I got was "Light" and upon squeezing it out of the package it seemed promising, it had the color and texture of other BB creams that I have tried. However, upon applying it and spreading it on to my skin the color of the product turned to a horrid orange color, definitely not "Light". I assume this is the "Magic" aspect of it, the color changing effect. I washed it off instantly. Maybe I would have better luck with a fairer shade, but I'm honestly not even going to waste my time with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by DCMakeupAddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like others, I was a bit weirded out by the texture, but it quickly turned into a smooth product and dissolved into my skin. I am using the Light color, and tested the even lighter tone (Fair, maybe) but it was VERY light and didn't seem to have the same coverage as the Light tone. The Light is a wee bit dark for me, but with concealor in the key areas and powder on top, it evens out into a good color.

I have melasma/dark spots, and this gives me a more even tone that I like, without the heavy feeling of full foundation. With a little Bare Escentuals concealor (LOVE this stuff, by the way), I have an even complexion all day without greasiness except on the most humid of Washington DC days.

The only thing this product is missing is an SPF, which I use every single day to protect my skin. I layer the L'oreal Sublime Skin 50 spf sunblock underneath the BB cream and that works pretty well. I am going to try the new Maybelline BB cream that has an SPF and see how they compare.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by allisonclaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After reading mixed reviews I was really excited to try this product out for myself. My skin type in the summer is usually combination and especially sensitive because of the sun, so I was glad that this product didn't offer any spf because most drug store sunscreens irritate my skin very badly (I use a very expensive brand now). It took a few tries to decide how I felt about the product and which application worked best...I found that using a primer before helped it spread more evenly and smoothly, and I also would recommend rubbing it in until the small capsules burst because those did irritate my skin and make it difficult to spread. Over all though I am AMAZED by how great the coverage is (I didn't even need to build, although it is buildable) and it is so natural looking and feeling too. I would recommend it for a low maintenance option to cover up fading acne marks :) (you would probably want something more heavy duty if you are in the middle of a break out!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I bought this in "light" and am very pleasantly surprised. I wear this on top of my sunscreen, and find it blends well to my skintone. It's quite sheer, but gives my skin a fairly smooth and flawless appearance. All in all, I'm pretty happy with this product and would continue to repurchase. I'm tanned right now, so while the the "light" shade works at the moment, it's actually pretty dark. I tried out the "fair" as well- for the super pale girls (like me, normally) "fair" may even be a bit on the dark side.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my 2nd BB cream, the other one being Korean. This mattifies the face, and comes out of the tube WHITE.... it then oxidizes to a skin color. It's easy to apply with a foundation brush, sort of buffing with my fingers. It's light coverage. I can't tell I have it on and yet it covers up most of my dark circles under my eyes and any reddness. I end up with a complexion that looks perfect - no discoloration! You don't need much - a little bit does the job. It has been helpful for me in the hottest summer we have had in Washington for quite a while - yes, it really does mattify and when oil does finally seep through it, it's fine, stays a good color, etc. Had to retouch yesterday in the midst of horrible humidity, but just barely. I generally avoid drug store cosmetics, but I have to say this was a pleasant surprise.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by cynaga

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Feels like a bare face. Very light coverage. Looks pretty and fresh.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by tracyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not a fan of drugstore cosmetics but I received a sample of this in a small packet in LIGHT and decided to try it out just to see how it would look. I am a medium-somewhat tan shade so when I first squeezed some out, I was frightened by how light it was. I also noticed microbeads in the mixture. I tested it by putting some on my arm. To my surprise, it oxidized to a shade darker than my arm! Remember I am trying this in the lightest shade they have! Then I decided to gently rub and pat some onto my face. It oxidized to my skin color very well and ended up giving me a rosy/pink undertone which was good because I have a weird yellow undertone. The coverage was pretty sheer and could only cover my lightest acne scars. The only thing I liked about this was that it gave me somewhat of an even skintone; it did not make me look like a ghost. :) Overall, this is an okay BB cream.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

thank god for samples...
this product came out gritty and sparkly.
it oxidized and it turned too dark against my skin...
(I'm NC30 for MAC)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by playmate420

This was my first BB cream purchase and i quite like it.
Im someone who wears foundation everyday and especially during the summertime it is way to thick.
this bb cream does not melt off, it actually matifys
i have a more combination skin type

although this product i would not get if you have dry skin because it contains drying ingredients

i also recommend getting a darker shade that your skintone because i am fair and i got fair and the white formula with the beads DOES adjust to my skintone but does leave me paler white in some places particualarly where i had a pimple or a dry spot