September 22, 2014 | 1921 users online

BB Cream - Maybelline - Dream Fresh 8-in-1 BB Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by peachgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wearing this BB cream for probably two months now...it's my go-to foundation as it is light, matches perfectly to my skin and I have also found it to be very buildable on those occasions when I need a little more coverage. Yesterday, I had to work the 138th Annual Preakness. I was up at 4 am putting on my makeup and did not take it off until around 9:30 pm when I finally made it home...and you know what? This BB cream stayed on my face ALL. DAY. I didn't have to do a single touch-up other than reapply lipstick every so often. My skin was seriously flawless the entire day...and some lady in a big floppy hat told me that my makeup was perfect!

Of course, with makeup being on my somewhat dry, sensitive skin for that long, I was worried about possible breakouts. This morning, I woke up...and not a single red speck. I love it! My face looks so clean and fresh.

The only reason I gave this 4 stars was because of the packaging. It can get a bit messy, but the product itself is a 10!!

Now, this BB cream is made for those who have the occasional breakout. It does not cover very well, but that is why I use a bit of powder concealer AFTER I put this stuff on. It seriously works and I have found that the concealer stays on longer this way. But since this stuff doesn't break me out...I don't usually need concealer!

Please, Maybelline...don't ever discontinue this amazing product!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by frankiedarling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this product I was sure it was going to be my HG, but I soon discovered that I was wrong.

My skin is fairly nice, can get a bit oily in the t-zone with a spot or two now and then and a bit of uneven color, but I can get away with wearing no foundation. Nevertheless, being a perfectionist (with a self-professed beauty obsession) I wanted to find something that would even out my skin tone, wouldn't clog my pores and wouldn't break the bank.

I turned to Maybelline, a brand trusted by both my mother and I. The bottle wasn't huge (no big commitment, thank gosh), shade was correct (the lightest), had SPF in it, and the price was right ($8CA at Superstore, I believe). I wasn't sure about the whole "8-in-1 BB" claim, as most BB creams on the drugstore market are basically tinted moisturizers with a fancy label, but I digress. I went home, giddy with the idea that I had discovered a gold mine of skin perfection.

After washing my face the next morning, I slapped some on my face. Obviously this is an exaggeration -- you don't need very much at all, maybe a quarter-size amount or less. It blended into my skin flawlessly, and didn't collect in any fine lines or crevices. I put a bit of finishing powder on my t-zone and went off to school (approximately 8:30 AM). At around noon I went to the bathroom to check out my sassy self, and was completely disgusted at my appearance. Anymore oiliness on my face and you could've fried an egg on it. Seriously. My t-zone (which I had thoroughly powdered) was extremely shiny, as well as the rest of my face (cheeks, temples, etc).

Over the course of the week I tried a few different permutations: With, or without moisturizer underneath? More product, or less? Powder? Maybe a different powder? Primer? I tried everything I could think of to no avail, and by the end of the week I had suffered quite a severe breakout on my forehead and cheek, which has never happened before.

Alas, I was incredibly disappointed in this product. I realize that SPF often causes a bit of shine, but this was unbelievably overboard. Maybe this product would be better for someone with very dry skin, but for all you combination/oily ladies out there -- stay away!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by sweets0002

Minimal coverage. Not great for people with combination/oily skin. Leaves a glowy look to the face because of the titanium dioxide sunscreen in it. For normal to dry skin, this would be great. I used Deep Sheer Tint

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by heidiem

I never use liquid foundation when the weather is hot, so I always look for a tinted moisturizer or bb cream to get me through. I bought this last summer and I used the entire tube. It's a decent product and it does make your skin look nice but the coverage is very, very sheer. I would very much recommend this product to young teenagers who are just starting out with makeup, but if you want something with coverage, this is not for you. It would be a nice product for the younger girls who don't have mature skin, don't have acne scars, age spots etc. The coverage in this would be just enough and it would be better than a foundation as it's lighter and has benefits for keeping skin healthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by erinbrittannyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite drugstore BB cream. So watery and feels light on your skin, but covers just enough...thank God! Color selection is good and gives basic color choices. Great for the price especially :) Will be purchasing again in the summer when it's too hot for thick foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by supahstelly

I personally use this product everyday, and I like it. I have a n acne medications, so my skin is clear, and I use it to even out my skin tone. But it is very sheer, and I honestly think that the lightest shade might even be too dark for me. It oxidizes like craaazzzzyyyyyy and I always worry my face is too dark for my neck. Nonetheless, it's an OK product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is o.k. Better than Garnier and cheaper too. I got Medium and it is a bit too light on me but the next shade up is dark and orange. Mixing them together isn't an option, still dark and orange, lol. This goes on sheer. Doesn't cover the dark sun spots under my eyes and I did tan with this which I wasn't expecting. Not too thrilled with that, but I like it enough that it doesn't have chemical sunscreens in it. My tube doesn't smell either. While it dried matte on my face, about 3 to 4 hours later the oils from my nose and sides of my nose pushed out and left me to add a powder (Neutrogena Mineral Sheer) to counter that. Would not buy again. Im going to try the Lumene one next.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by holaitsstephxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't like this BB cream, I used it ages ago but I remember I didn't like it as it was really hard to rub in to my skin and I just didn't like it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by ktmacup

This BB cream was not good for my combination skin. It made me break out the first day and my face looked like a grease slide. Bought it because I had heard pretty good things and the price was reasonable. I did think that color (I bought medium) was great when first put on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by konfidentialglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this BB cream. I bought mine in medium At first I bought it in light and It was the too light but I loved how it looked on so I bought the medium one and was a perfect fit. After using for about 2 months my skin looks and feels better. My only complain I guess would be the price $8.00 I feel you could buy a drugstore foundation with it also the packaging it can get a little messy but overall i love and would buy again.