Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

4.1

Water (Aqua), Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Cichorium Intybus (Chicory) Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Propanediol, Triethanolamine, Polyamide-5, Galactoarabinan, Caprylyl Glycol, Aminomethyl Propanediolo, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Acacia Senegal Gum (Acacia Senegal), Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate. +/-May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

This is the closest I've ever come to the perfect mascara, HG status for sure! This mascara almost makes me look like I'm wearing falsies, and I have wimpy lashes, it really is incredible the difference this makes. My only complaints are that the formula is kind of wet, and you have to be careful how much you have on your brush or it will go on gloppy, and it's a little hard to wash off considering it's not supposed to be waterproof. That being said though, it doesn't flake, it holds a curl, and it wears like iron all while looking fantastic.

I went from Benefit's badgal lash, which, at 30$, i was only sort of impressed with, to this 3$ mascara, that I totally fell in love with. This stuff is seriously awesome. It works better than my volume express, which was my favorite, prior to this. AWESOME MASCARA.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

My new favorite mascara! If you're looking for dramatic lashes, look no further. This will lengthen and thicken lashes to the point where it leaves you baffled at the potential you never knew your lashes had!

Initially, I was hesitant about purchasing this due to the fact that there is no waterproof version. I like waterproof mascaras because they hold curled lashes really well. However, for $3, I was willing to take my chances. I was pleasantly surprised to see that this mascara did hold the curl! Here's the technique I found to work best: curl lashes at base, then in the middle, finally at the tips. I like to hold my curler in place for about 10 seconds. This way, I can get an extreme curl lasting me all day. I also found that I can apply coats after it dries for even more drama without clumping.

So, in short...

PROS:
1) Holds a curl
2) Easily removed
3) Lengthens
4) Adds a TON of volume
5) Extremely black despite "black" being the only color
6) Does not clump
7) $3

CONS:
1) Leaves you disappointed about all the money you spent on high end mascaras that just can't compare.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

One of the best mascaras I have ever used. And for 2.99 I can buy it with pocket change.

Holy Geez! I have been paying $30 for high end mascara when I could be paying $3 for something way more amazing. This is the blackest mascara I have ever tried. It provides both volume and length and holds a curl. One coat provides thick, flawless lashes which has everyone wondering if I am wearing lash strips. Simply AMAZING!

on 8/4/2012 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i'm very on the fence about this product. yes the formula has A LOT of potential as far as volume but i've never had such a hyped up product be so much of a hassle. this does get very clumpy very fast and the brush deposits way too much product if you don't mess with it before. also many times it difficult to get a feathery softer look on the ends of your lashes and you will have too much volume or even worse, chunks, on the ends of your lashes. i was really expecting more with this MUA rating especially considering i had never been disappointed by a item raved on MUA before.

on 8/3/2012 10:16:00 PM

Amazing mascara. Truly gives length and volume and no smudging. You have to get this withiut regret.

on 8/3/2012 5:50:00 PM

I went on here and saw all the negative reviews this mascara has been getting lately, and wondered "Why are these beotches talkin' smack about my baby?" No but seriously. I don't throw around the term HG often, and this is truly HG for me. I've tried just about every drugstore mascara there is, and a few high end, and this is the mascara that I cling to for dear life. You can find it at Walgreens, Kmart, or CherryCulture.com.

PROS:
- Jet Black
- Seriously lengthening. I have extremely stubby lashes and this mascara doubles the length of them.
- Volumizing. Not as volumizing as something like L'Oreal Voluminous, but definitely volumizing.
- Doesn't smudge on me throughout the day, even though it's not waterproof.
- Holds a curl well. I usually end up recurling my lashes after about 4 hours of wearing this, which is fine by me.
- Costs 3 freaking dollars. Need I say more?

CONS:
- Not natural looking. If you like the natural look, this is NOT the mascara for you. If I put more than one layer of this on, it looks like falsies.
- No waterpoof formula. I don't find that this smudges, but if you have oily eyelids and you're super-paranoid about smudges, this may not be for you. I do find that layering a waterproof formula over it, such as Maybelline Full n' Soft, seals it in and keeps it from smudging even while swimming.
- No Dark Brown color. I really wish they had a brown color for daytime, as I am quite pale and the black looks a bit dramatic for the day.

All in all, this is hands-down my favorite mascara. If you like dramatic lashes, go to Walgreens. Buy it. Thank me later.

NOTE: Make sure you are buying the black tube with the PURPLE writing. Not the pink writing! Purple.
ANOTHER NOTE: If you're looking for this at Walgreens, it's slightly difficult to find. The display is usually very small, and located at the makeup checkout area near where the Sinful Colors nail polishes are.

I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this product even after hearing all the rave reviews, I still figured I wouldn't like it but for 2.50 I can find out for myself! I really like using this mascara for days that I don't want to use a waterproof but still want something that lasts well since my eyes tear up easily. It gives great volume although the key is to keep adding coats while its wet bec if you do it when it has dried it will look horrible. I will def repurchase if they ever have it in stock (its always out!)
*Update: this stuff is HG, even though I thought it would be non-waterproof, it actually has better staying power than my other wp mascaras (loreal voluminous etc) and is pretty difficult to remove. and man the lashes it gives you, GO BUY IT NOW

on 8/3/2012 5:26:00 PM

This one ended in up the garbage can. I tried to make it work, I really did. I bought into the MUA hype about how miraculous it is, and though the folks here are generally right on the mark, not so in this case. Appiication and formula were just all right, but the deal breaker was the horrible black smudges. I had the worst raccoon eyes you can imagine.