November 28, 2014 | 1495 users online

Mascara - Jordana - Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hell Yes I'd buy this product again! OMG. I kept hearing all these raves here on MUA about this cheap mascara being so awesome & great & phenomenal & all that good stuff. There's somebody on the makeup board always talking about it. Naturally, when I was @ Kmart the other day & spotted it for $2.99 I had to grab it. This truly is totally A-mazing!! I love both HE & DS products, and have had my fair share of mascaras in every price range. I gotta say, this by far surpasses most of them. I don't think my lashes have ever been this long before. It just performs beautifully.

I have zero smudging, flaking, smearing, drooping, clumping, spidery lashes, none of any of that crap. Just gorgeous long, dark black lashes that hold a curl & aren't all hard & crunchy feeling (pet peeve of mine, I despise mascaras that give me those type of crispy lashes). It's not too dry, & not too wet of a formula either, it's the perfect balance imo. I know this is called volumizing, but I'd say it's definitely more lengthening. You do get volume, don't get me wrong, but the length is just amazing. My lashes touch my eyebrows when I open my eyes when I wear this stuff. And it comes off easily with my makeup remover, or soap & water. Highly, highly recommend! This is a great example that,"you get what you pay for," isn't always true. I never would've known about this if it weren't for MUA, I love this site! **I MUST go buy many, many backups like the freak that I am for fear they'll discontinue it!**

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by dokoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on all the great reviews here, of course. I'm in NYC and picked it up at the Kmart near Penn Station for $3. At first I was more than a little disappointed and thought this was one of those products that worked for everyone else but missed the mark for me. On its own it gave me spidery, clumpy lashes and refused to hold a curl. However, layered on top of my trusty Shiseido lash primer, I now see what the hype was about. My lashes look super long! Plus, (this is a miracle for me) no smudging! I did find it was a little difficult to remove, but I think it'll be worth it for me based on the price and performance.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After trying countless mascaras in the 20+ years that I have been using mascara, both high end and drugstore brands, this ultra-cheap mascara is amazing. What a well-kept secret! The only reason I knew about it was because of you guys---thank you! It thickens decently, lengthens, and best of all holds a curl all day without smudging. I don't really understand the complaints from others about it being difficult to remove; I just wash my entire face, eyes included, with Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover ( my new favorite cleanser...it's so awesome...I could eat it) and the mascara just comes right off, all of it. I barely have to swipe under my eyes with e.m. remover. So if you are looking for an amazing cheap mascara, definitely give this one a try. You can find it at Walgreen's. Go now!
UPDATE: I still like this mascara; it still adds volume, lengthens, curls and lasts all day, but it's really wet and sticky. I find that it makes my lashes stick together very easily when applying and I have to be quick about separating them with a spoolie. But still a good mascara for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by dmd1

This is a great mascara for this (or any) price; however, it was IMPOSSIBLE to remove, which is a deal-breaker for me. It is not labelled as waterproof and yet it was impossible to remove with anything but waterproof mascara remover. It's a shame, b/c it thickened and lengthened beautifully, and did not smudge at all. The search continues....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by sweetgardenangel

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I knew MUA's advice on a good mascara was spot-on when it took me 2 weeks to finally find the product! I was successful at K-Mart's and for $3 it was a steal, and by the way, the very last one on the hook!

First, after I opened the package, I examined the wand. I found it to be small, with tiny "teeth". I am not an expert in mascara, btw. I usually use the freebie ones in gwp at highend beauty products at the department store.

Anyways, the teeth of the wand separated my lashes and made application a dream. They were wet, though & you have to be careful during the first couple minutes to let the lashes dry so the mascara won't bleed or transfer to any other area. The lashes were indeed longer, and because I have few lashes, they did appear spidery but I didn't care. I'm dealing with stubborn, short, straight lashes that are a major pain, so when I find a product that reverses these setbacks, I'm a happy camper. When it came to applying my eye makeup remover at the end of the day, it was super easy peasy. I didn't have to keep wetting my cotton round, and applying and re-applying.

Grade: A

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by smurfettesg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love this mascara, its tied with four or five others for my second favorite, gives me thick long lashes that are very black and its so inexpensive, i have repurchased a couple of times already, only thing that bothers me is it has kind of a strong smell, but not enough for me not to use it, i will keep buying and keep loving it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by MoMo25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This did not work for me at all! I love that it's really black but that's about it. My lashes look brittle when I put this on and the curl goes away within an hour and I need to keep the curl! It tried wiping the excess product on a tissue to prevent my lashes from looking spidery and it did help but the curl still went away. I still prefer my Full & Soft Waterproof.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

**EDIT: This mascara smudges too easily. It's quite sad that this mascara makes my eyelashes look amazing but by lunch time I look like a Panda. Fix this, Jordana! I want to love my lashes again!
***ORIGINAL REVIEW:
So I had to try this mascara after seeing the cult-like status it has achieved here at MUA. It was super easy to find at my local Walgreen's and only cost like $2.50.
As soon as I returned home from purchasing this mascara,
I immediately washed off my eye make up to give it a whirl.
I have to say...I see what all of the hub-bub is about! My eyelashes where immediately transformed into longer than life lashes. I mean, I could jump rope with them if I really tried. Volume wise, I've used better. But, the results were still stellar. No clumps, very smooth application and super black results. This mascara makes me look like I'm wearing false lashes (Unlike some other brands that claim to do the same). The only con is that it tends to stay wet a little too long. My bottom lash line had some pretty serious product-transfer after about 5 minutes. But, this was not anticipated when I first tried it and I have since learned to not blink while it is still wet. This is an amazing mascara for the price. Just wish it would be a little less wet.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by lexmyers88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a few years I've dropped some serious cash on designer products believing that the heftier the price tag, the better the product. I've been devoted to diorshow blackout, and to my surprise this beat the tar out of it in the sense that it's just as good (if not better) in my opinion. I already have dark, long, curly lashes but I try to go for a faux lash look all the time. Diorshow was the best mascara I experimented with, and this measured up. No more $25+ mascaras for me! Do yourself a favor and convert to this hidden drugstore gem.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by CorrineSays

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find fault with every mascara I try & I try them all. This one is really good & I think I will be using this one from now on. I could only give it 4 lippies because 5 = best & I don't yet know what the best is.