on 11/27/2011 5:19:00 PM

I bought this for $9 + $3.99 in shipping so it wasn't that expensive at all for me considering if you buy it off the brand name site it's about $28. I don't have asian skin so I wasn't sure how this product would work for me. I heard it had a greyish tone to it which is true but when you put it on your face and blend it in, it's not even noticable. I mixed this with my avon foundation and wasn't too pleased because I saw that it was cakey and flaking so I put it on seperately and saw that it was my foundation that was the problem. The bb cream alone can cover up any redness you have such as an irritated pimple or uneven skin tone. Personally I think it's at its best when mixed with a foundation. Put a small pea sized blob mixed with whatever foundation you have and it blends so smoothly and has a flawless aftermath. I just now need to find a new foundation and see what works with the bb cream best but I absolutely love this skin79 product!

UPDATE: I have been using it for a couple months now and geeeezus my skin when and after wearing it looks flawless and naturally beautiful. It has helped with my acne scars and has evened my skin tone drastically! I feel like this will be one of those life long products that I will continue to use no matter what :D LOOOOOVE IT!

on 11/24/2011 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am soooo in LOVE with this BB cream!!! I've had it since April 2011 and this is by far my favorite BB cream! I have Missha Perfect Cover and this beats it!! When I first got it I thought it was so thick and hard to put on but now I don't find it's like that at all. I barely even use a pump and it covers my whole face. I have dry skin and I don't even use moisturizer and it doesn't flake or break me out. I like that it doesn't seem like I have any on and it gives a great flawless look. I also like that it comes in a pump so it's super hygienic. The downside is is that it only comes in one color but it oxidizes very well to your skin tone. I don't use any powder to set it and it lasts all day. If you are looking for coverage I wouldn't recommend this. It does cover up acne scars and redness but that's about it. It does hide the pores which is great because I have huge pores on my nose. I definitely recommend this product to anyone. Again, don't be scared of the texture, it just takes time to get used to.

I really wanted to like this bb cream because of all the wonderful reviews but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I loved the texture and the way it felt on my face. It also covered my pores quiet well. There's just one big problem, the color is way off for my very fair complexion. I'm prob on the lower end of nc 15. The color looked very ashy and had a grayish cast that really bothered me. It made my complexion look dull.

on 11/17/2011 1:28:00 PM

I bought the smaller version for around $15CAD (it cost around $30CAD for the larger one). It lasted about 2 1/2 months. I would use one pump for my entire face. I'm NC20 with combo/dry skin and I needed to use a separate moisturizer beforehand because this product is suited more for combo/oily skin, which I had in the summer. The colour seemed to whiten me out, but that was fixed with a bit of powder. I feel that it helped even out my skin and made it brighter. I do wish that the SPF was higher.

on 11/15/2011 3:36:00 PM

Have spf 25 with whitening and wrinkle improvement function ( actually i do not know it help my skin or not) :). really light weight, cover my redness really well( but not the acne scars). But it does not last long and the color look kinda grey on me ( but set with powder and it will look ok). The main reason i prefer this over foundation is it took less time to take off ( dont need makeup remover)

on 11/13/2011 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I looked into BB creams for a while and found this brand to be the highest rated. I went the official site only to find this sold out! But I found it on ebay for about $15 so I was worried I'd get a fake until I was able to verify that it is in fact authentic! Whew.. Anyway for me the sunscreen aspect is what sold me on it, the coverage and the benefits are added bonuses IMO. I really like the coverage and the ease of use. I do not use a moisturizer before because my skin is combo/ normal and this works well without a moisturizer for my skin. The only thing I don't like it the scent of the sunscreen, but o well it's not that bad! And to top it off I have had ZERO breakouts from using this!! :)

on 11/11/2011 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I absolutely LOVE this BB cream. It makes you look flawless while still looking completely natural. It's moisturizing and has good oil control. It does have whitening properties - I found that after a few months' use of this my face had become lighter than the rest of my body. I'm not a fan of my face being a different color than my body, but I do like the whitening properties in general. The finish is dewy, and the coverage is on the light side - so if you have a lot of acne and such that you want to cover up, this might not be the best for you. However, this does cover up redness and minimal acne scars quite nicely, and has actually evened out the discoloration on my face. I will definitely repurchase.

on 11/7/2011 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

At first I had bought the Skin79 Gold Label because it was so highly rated (and I had no clue starting out which BB cream to buy). What I didn't know at the time is that it did not help control oil. Anyways the Pink Label is nicer than the Gold. The Pink is so much easier to spread onto my face and rub into my skin. Not only that but the Gold starts out with a gray cast while the Pink does not. The Pink just instantly melted into my skin and I didn't have to wait for it to oxidize to match. The finish on this is more natural-matte than the Gold which is a dewy finish. I set both with powder so that doesn't bother me.
3/3/12 update: I am currently using the rest of this up. It's not bad and I'm not getting pimples from it.The coverage to this is about a light-medium. It doesn't cover pimples or the redness around my nose but covers the redness on my cheeks. I apply powder to this and I look pretty good. I could see others liking it. Unfortunately I need more coverage, something that lasts all day, and will not come off my face. If this had those last three things I'd keep this around. But for now I'm back on the hunt for a new BB cream.

on 11/7/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4
Price: 3 (~$20 on Ebay for 40g)
Packaging: 4
Buy again: yes
----------------------------------------------
I actually have a small 5g sample tube of this that I have been using for the last 2 weeks so I had to give a review! I have tried Missha and Skin Food BB Creams in the past and didn't care for them. They both were a bit on the oily side, and were pink based, so they didn't really match my NC30 olive skin. I am Chinese, but when I tan I turn this awkward very olive shade, so I had to wait til my summer tan faded (I am about NC35 in the summer and NC25-30 in the winter). I broke out from Missha and one of the Skin Food BB Creams (Mushroom), so I was hesitant to try Skin79, but I'd heard so many amazing things that I had to give it a shot! BTW: I have combination/Oily, acne-prone skin, and normally I break out within 4 days of using something -- no breakouts! hooray!

Texture:
It feels really creamy and smooth, which I like. It doesn't feel oily at all and blends into my skin beautifully. I only apply BB cream where I need it, which is under my eyes, a little on my forehead, nose, and chin (I leave my cheeks bare), so a pea-size amount is perfect. It doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky, or greasy, and lasts pretty much all day with a setting powder over it (I use Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in translucent on my face, and ELF Complexion Perfection powder under my eyes). I also have a small tube of the Gold BB Cream and I find that the Hot Pink one is slightly less easy to blend, but nothing that deters me from using it.

Colour match:
I am NC30 right now and this matches me beautifully, provided that I don't over-apply. I don't need heavy coverage, so for me the light coverage I get from tiny dabs of product all over is perfectly fine. I also try to focus the application in the center of the face, spreading out so that in case it doesn't fully match it blends in to the point where it is no longer noticeable.

Coverage:
When I initially bought this product I didn't expect coverage above a tinted moisturizer. It has light-medium coverage, depending on how much you apply and how you apply it, I guess. I first started using it with a foundation brush and I found that made coverage sheerer than if I just used my fingers. I use only a pea-size amount for my whole face, so I'm going for light coverage just to even out skin tone and redness, and it's perfect for that. If you need heavier coverage, either use a concealer in conjunction, or use something else entirely...

Packaging:
I only have a small 5g tube, but I do like tubes! They allow you to squeeze out exactly how much you want. The full-size packaging looks beautiful though.

All in all, I really like this BB Cream, and I have definitely ordered a full size! (I used Shiseido Senka Mineral UV gel SPF50 PA+++ and Avene Cleanance Sebum-Regulating Emulsion-Lotion prior to BB Cream).

on 11/3/2011 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I bought this product to wear during the summer because I felt it would be lightweight enough while still giving me the coverage i want. If you have red acne scarring like I do, you might need to go over your trouble spots with a concealer.. besides that it was great and did not make me break out at all. It does leave a grey cast, but that fades within half an hour. I bought the smaller bottle which was fine because it lasted for about 3 months and I used it almost everyday!

Video Reviews & Tutorials