September 23, 2014 | 1653 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 7:18:00 AM More reviews by Rosefan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best undereye concealers ever!
I've tried many concealers and foundations to cover my circles, and this one beat all of them (except one)

I've tried the following:

Lancome Miracle teint light reflective concealer( too pink, nice natural coverage, a bit too drying)
Lancome effacernes(creamy, nice texture, too matte, heavy coverage)
Estee Lauder Disappear Smoothing Cream Concealer (too heavy for undereyes))
Make up factory Light reflective concealer pen(the best so far!!!!!! it's a relatively new brand, belonging to the Art deco group, sold in Muller drogeries)
Bourjois Healthy mix foundation(great foundation, I love the fact that it's good for my undereye area as well, very light coverage, not too matte, but still a bit on the matte side, not too drying, but it's obviously not designed for undereye area)
Kryloan supracolour foundation( quite heavy, but covers like no other. I stopped using it coz it's too heavy for me, and also drying, gets flaky after some time)
Clinique Airbrush concealer(great concealer for under the eyes, light, but covers well,doesn't get caky. I'd say this is the most similar to this Garnier roll-on pen)

and I've also treid many cheap brands, that didn't work at all

First let me tell you what I was looking for:

A lightweight concealer that is invisible(as much as it is possible) for my dry undereye area. I have some fine lines, especially when I smile and such. My skin is kinda thin, and dry( in certain areas.)
So I wanted something light reflective,liquidy that doesn't dry matte, so it looks like I have healthy skin around my eyes, and of course a lot of it for a reasonable price. I wanted something as yellow as possible,coz my skintone is very yellow, and my circles are purple-brownish. I wasn't going for full coverage, but rather a brigthening effect.

As opposed to this, you can see in brakets what I got with the above mentioned products.

About the Garnier concealer:

It is light textured, but covers nicely. It's not as yellow as my favourite concealer,(I have number one for light skin, it comes in 3 shades), the Make up factory one, and not as light and liquidy, but still a great option for less sunny day, when not every single line is visible on the face. It absorbs quite well, and doesn't cake at all(this is surprising coz most of them cake on me)
I like the fact that it has spf, and you get 15 ml for the fraction of the price of high-end concealers, and the same if not better quality.
Ingredients are not particularly convincing. My review is only about it's concealing qualities, which are great.
Slightly buildable, but I like to put on just a very little of it.
Handy packaging, good for travelling, easy to use.
I got mine for 8(!) Euros.

I'll use it mostly in the colder season when my skin is paler, and this colour suits it perfectly then, but now as the weather gets better and I get some colour(I instantly do) I'll use the Make up factory concealer, as that is just the perfect match for my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by emkazicstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! It really does brighten up your eyes and conceals surprinsingly well. I have slight dark circles, I don't think anybody with really dark circles should use this since it isn't full on coverage like a concealer. I just started using this so I don't know if it will help in the long run but I am taking photos with my camera everyday to see if there is any improvement in my dark circles. I will update later.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by aweyhrauch

I actually really like this product. It does have some concealer in it, so I can understand that some don't like it because it can be the wrong color. Fortunately the color fits me right and I love this stuff! it actually has helped in lighting my dark circles. I have only been using it about a week, but i already see small results.
I love it. :D will buy again. Love this stuff. Recommend it to tanish/pal girls. Works for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Donnz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Maybe it is because I am very pale and not trying to hide dark circles so much as brighten up a bit of mummy sleepless nights fatigue eyes. It is just the wrong colour for me, looks fake compared to my teint miracle foundation which looks more natural and cakes a little even over eye cream. I'll just stick with l'oreal's brightening concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by lilly116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

After the seeing the reviews here (thanks ladies!), I went out and purchased this for about $11.50 at Target. Currently, I use Smashbox Photo Op undereye brightener ($18), as well as Clarins instant light (which is a pen like Touche Eclat, but cheaper -- although at $28 still IMO pricey). I am not unhappy with how the two work, I was looking for a cheaper alternative. I have a separate review of the Photo op, and to me, this product is like a combination of that plus a bit of concealer.

This roller has a thin consistency. I did a test using this on one eye and my current combination on the other. This was a close second as far as coverage without settling into lines, and staying power, but at less than $12 versus $46 for the other two, it really performed well. What I did like is this covers pretty well, but is fairly lightweight and does not crease, or at least minimally and you can just blend it out when you apply. It also has decent staying power -- maybe not all day and evening, but all day, yes). It works well if you do not have really dark circles (and normally I don't). It was a little more drying than the Photo Op (which I use over my whole undereye area to cover some blue veining at the outer corner, followed by the Clarins more in the inner half -- the Photo op gives light coverage without emplhasizing lines and is very moisturizing). I also like that this has no shimmer, while the Photo Op does. Overall, I would repurchase, knowing I might need to use something a little heavier in the inner corner/half sometimes. Plus, I could try adding a little something extra to combat the dryness (which I really only notice at the outer corner of my eyes). Also, since it's only one product, it would be better for travel..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by amydo

I had used all kinds of different products around the eyes area. I always thought these cream/gels treatments never work. It was one of the most disappointing money wasting products I had spent years after years searching for something that works. I tried Garnier moisturizer before and wasn't impress with it , so I didn't have much hope for this either. The reason I gave this a try because all the rave reviews and youtube gurus. With the sale at CVS plus Extra Bucks, it turns out under $10 and to my surprise it works really well. I have a little discoloration under my eyes, mainly purplish around the corner and this covers beautifully. You feel a little cold from the ball that rolls out the product. It blends well into my skin and didn't show my fine lines which is a big plus. It covers well the discoloration and actually brighten my eye area. Since I use this, I didn't need to buy another eye treatment and actually already buy a backup for this. Try it if you haven't found any success with others.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by 30oldbagbeauty

I like this product because it is so easy to use (rollerball to apply then dab with your fingers), portable (only makeup that I take everywhere I go for touch ups), blendable, soothing (cools you under eye areas when applied) and covers my dark circle pretty well without my under eye looking dry nor cakey (can go alone without setting powder). It is not an extra strength, long lasting concealer but it makes me atleast look awake wearing with this alone and no other make up. Downside is it may not match every skin tone (though I believe it now comes in two different tone), it can also be a little pricey depending where you get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 10:01:00 AM More reviews by MasterOfMyDomain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product. It almost completely covers my dark under eye circles and it has a brightening effect to my skin. I recommend dabbing it on and then blending it with your finger as the applicator will roll on too much. This works very well and was not too expensive. The reason for 4 stars is that it doesn't come in darker shades. I am very pale and don't see how this product would work on someone if they were tan or had a darker skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by mymakeuprules

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is The Best under eye concealer I've ever tried! It's hard to believe it actually does anything when you first open the tube/roller. The consistency is really thin but don't be deceived; it gives great coverage. I don't care much for the roller because it's quite hard to get the right amount of product but I just apply it with my -clean- finger. It feels refreshing and it conceals the dreaded dark circles quite well. It doesn't make them disappear but it gives a more softened and awake look. Very happy with it and I'm definitely buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Loopachu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have hereditary dark circles/bags. They aren't blue or anything, but they're dark (maybe hyperpigmentation) and hereditary. I have quite the arsenal of concealers and none of them has quite done the trick; either it gives too little coverage or the coverage is so clearly not my skin color that I've come full circle.

This little thing gives sheer coverage (and it states so) but I've found it brightens and blends in beautifully, especially if you blend it, walk away, and then come back to the mirror. The cold metal ball seems to de-puff a bit, too. I think the rollerball deposits a liiiittle too much product (I tend to just dab it in the corner and blend it out with a finger) but other than that, it works great.

It doesn't completely cover my dark circles, but it diminishes them enough that they're not the main attraction. I'm not sure about decreased bags with continued use (which is claimed) because I haven't used it long enough.