October 26, 2014 | 875 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by sylkii

Tried this after using MAC mascara and for way cheaper got a better result. It is also very waterproof which is a plus for me since I have watery eyes. Def would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this.
I've been using Lancome Hypnose for years now, and it will always be my HG, but lately I've been trying to save money, and haven't had time to get to the mall to buy it, and was running out... so I figured I would give this stuff a try (the advertising was just too effective, really). I'm actually really glad I did. First of all, the brush is really cool. It's HUGE. Much thicker than the Lancome brush. There is a really funky and icky smell that comes off of this stuff, but once it dries the smell is gone, so no worries.
It made my lashes super thick and super long. Even my bottom lashes are very clearly noticeable.
The first time I used it, I did notice some of the under-eye smudging that other reviewers have mentioned. But if you're careful about not letting it touch the skin of the lower lash-line, and only the lashes, it totally eliminates the problem (it's not really hard, just do it slowly).
It doesn't clump, doesn't flake, and doesn't smudge (if you avoid touching the skin). I like it a lot. Also, even the waterproof version is easy to take off with simple eye make up remover (I like Neutrogena) which I can't say for the Lancome (which is why I never bought the Lancome in waterproof - but the regular was so powerful it might as well have been waterproof anyway).

This stuff isn't quite *AS* good as the Lancome, which I will go back to as soon as I can get to the mall, but it's still really, really good. I'm totally happy to use this for as long as I need until I can make my next pilgrimage to Sephora. I would say that this stuff is about 90% as good as the Lancome. Really great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Metoner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using Cover Girl Lash Blast but I've been having problems with flaking and it being non waterproof, so I decided to try this mascara because it seemed like the same concept.

Well the pros about this is my lashes look great, it holds perfectly and doesnt flake.

The only thing I dont like is I can only do one coat. It says to not to let it dry inbetween coats, but when I go for the second one its already dry, and then starts to clump.

One sweep works for me and its been a good replacement for my lash blast.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by wicked1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ok, so I have tried every mascara on the market. I mean every one. from Chanel to Dior to every drugstore brand you could think of. I truly thought my HG was L'oreal voluminous carbon black. it did the job and gave me long lashes that I desperately craved. no matter what I tried I always went back to voluminous. it did the job ok. soooooooo yesterday I saw on the today show that Allure magazines best of the best was Maybelline Colossal. the woman on the show claimed it gave you the " false eyelash " effect. being a sucker for false lashes I had to try it. After all, what was another 8.00 for a mascara. I got to the store to find it was on sale for 4.49. SOLD now I had to try it. I bought the glam black waterproof. I got home curled my lashes and applied. I have never EVER used anything like it. what really amazes me is that it holds the curl and I can honestly say the formula is different than anything else out there.
it doesn't clump and I don't get spider lashes. I have to agree with the woman on the show that it does in fact give you the false eyelash effect. I even let it dry and layered it and FOOF huge whispy gorgeous lashes. I can't stop looking at my eyes. yea, save your money on the high end mascaras and get yourself a dior quad or something. this stuff rocks 1

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Roby

Under eye smudges! Ugh! even though this is supposed to be water proof it"s not on me :( The pros on this is that it holds a curl like I've never seen before! & does not clump. I really wanted to love this mascara, but can't do so on account of the smuding.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this better than the non-waterproof version! Both are semi-decent, but this one definitely adds more definition and does not flake at all!

On the other hand, I still prefer CG's Lash Blast or Maybelline's XXL Intense to this...so I probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by sparkyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite mascara so far! I'm not saying it's absolutely perfect, but it's the best that I've come across, drugstore-wise. I'm on a budget and can't afford the more expensive mascaras, but I'm perfectly happy with this one. I have really straight and fairly long lashes. I holds my curl REALLY well, which is amazing because most mascaras don't. It doesn't smudge at all, and as others have said, it makes it a little difficult to get off. However, I use olive oil to take off my eye makeup and it's fine. The volume on this is ridiculous and it lengthens pretty well. My favorite go-to mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by indigodoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my 3 HGs! This mascara thickens and lengthens like no other and has fab staying power- it survives sweat and tears. I haven't tried the original formula but the waterproof is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by babybluebird

One of my favorite mascaras of all time, compared to even prestige brand mascaras. The brush is nice and fluffy and even though my eyelashes are stick-straight and short, this mascara gives it lift and volume. I get really up-close to the mirror and brush on the mascara from the base out. I usually layer on quite a bit but even one coat goes pretty far. As far as waterproof-ness is concerned, the staying power is quite impressive. It stays on through tears, rain, and other watery occurences and even with eye makeup remover, it takes a while to get all of it all. This could, I suppose, be a blessing or a curse.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by youcaughtmyeye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this on sale for $4.99 and thought I'd give it a try since I need more waterproof mascaras. Although I know that a lot of people hate the bright yellow packaging, I think it's quite cute even though I generally hate yellow. The brush is smaller than the Lashblast one and the bristles stick out more. If you hold the wand close to your nose, there's a chemical smell but if you hold it away from your face or apply it on your lashes, you can't smell it at all. It does lengthen my lashes and separate them, but it makes my lashes look a bit wispy and spidery. However, it doesn't clump, flake and smudge even after being in water and rubbing my eyes.