Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

on 11/12/2009 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Despite my extreme dislike of the non waterproof version, i love this one! i like a bigger brush with my mascara, so i like the brush, i love the packaging mostly just because its pretty. the formula is good, it is volumizing and has good lasting power, but is not impossible to remove. i really like this particularly because it doesn't have the chemical smell that lingers all day, which was my main problem with the non waterproof version

on 11/11/2009 11:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Using the non-waterproof version was a huge dissapointment so I don't know exactly what made me think the WP version would be better... My HG of mascaras has always been Volum'Express and I've been using this for years now. I once accidentally bought the non-WP version and I noticed it dragged down my lashes after curling. Thinking about this, I thought that this also might be the issue with The Colossal. At a cosmetics discount store I found The Colossal WP and I decided I might give it a try. I'm glad I did because I like the WP version much better. I still think the brush is a bit too big but it doesn't drag down my lasher after curling and it gives a good, inky black coating. I don't think it lives up to the promise of 7x more volume; it's probably just the same as Volum'Express. It didn't smudge or budge and using the right application technique it doesn't clump either. It's not my HG but good enough to keep.

on 11/5/2009 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is an okay mascara, but mine turned really fast. After a couple months it started stinging my eyes when I used it. Before that though, it did an okay job of volumizing and didn't smudge. It does now though unfortunately. Very sad!

on 11/1/2009 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Waterproof mascaras are the only ones that hold the curl on my straight thin lashes. Iím torn between using water-soluble mascara and curling my lashes before and after applying my mascara, which I know is too harsh on my lashes, AND using waterproof mascaras that are generally quite harsh on lashes. The latter ones also take more effort to remove. This time, I put my money on The Colossal Waterproof (I havenít used the water-soluble version).

Iíve never actually even tried the original VolumíExpress, which has been around for ages and gained popularity. Iíve just found the packaging too clunky and not that attractive, and the brush has seemed too large and messy. Thatís not the case with The Colossal; although its yellow packaging looks quite cheap, somehow I find it kinda cool, and I really like it :) Itís a refreshing change from those golden-coloured and glamourous-looking mascaras from expensive brands. Itís pretty much the same stuff thatís inside the packaging anyway.

Despite being quite large, the brush is surprisingly easy to use! Ok, so it promises to volumise 7xÖ yeah, it most certainly doesnít. That would just be too good to be true. However, its volumising AND lengthening abilities are pretty impressive. In addition, it separates my lashes extremely well. Iím impressed! It also doesnít flake during a long day but it does, on the other hand, smuge ever so slightly on my brow bone and under my eyes... that's a such a shame, because otherwise this would be a solid 5-lippie mascara. At the end of the day, it comes off easily with a silicone-based remover. I guess the ingredient list is pretty much your average drugstore mascara ingredient listÖ but the jojoba oil is a nice additional touch. Despite the slight smudging, The Colossal WP is, by far, cream of the crop among drugstore mascaras!

Ingredients: Isododecane, Cera Alba (Beeswax), C8 9 Isoparaffin (Aqua), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Water (Aqua), Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, Silica, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Phenoxyethanol, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Polyvinyl Laurate, Polyquaternium 10, Soluble Collagen, Panthenol, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice Starch), May Contain (+/-): CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferroxyanide), Mica.

on 10/30/2009 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a good mascara. It's not the best for volume. I like L'Oreal Voluminous much better, but this is a good mascara. I think the reason I like the Voluminous better is that it gives me just the right amount of length with GREAT volume. Colossal doesn't give the length (not that it's advertised to do that). So all-in-all, this is simply an okay mascara for me. I'll probably purchase it again to mess around with and try layering with some other mascaras I have.

on 10/30/2009 3:57:00 PM

I accidentally purchased this one instead of the non-waterproof and all I can say is that I wish I had this mascara in the summer!

It has amazing staying power, it's almost too waterproof >.> <.<

The packaging is a little bulky since I stay over night at my boyfriends many times a week it takes up a big portion of my make up bag.

I will definitely be using this for Halloween since it holds curl so well and I think it will easily combine the false eyelashes with my real ones.

...Now I just need to buy a stronger eye make up remover! continued >>

on 10/29/2009 12:03:00 AM

My HG mascara! I don't need lengthening (or to curl my lashes, honestly) so I'm a volume freak. This thickens and darkens and doesn't flake or smudge while I'm wearing it at work or partying. It's great for me and I have oily eyelids. Removes okay with normal makeup remover, but I use stuff that specifically removes waterproof makeup with no issues.

I love Glam Black because it's so dramatic, but Absolute Black has less gloss without losing that drama. Great pigmentation, great length, wears great, buildable. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to accent and increase their lash thickness that will last through a bit of water and sweat.

My real con for this is minor for me. The tube is quite large for the amount of product and the applicator wand is a bit thick at the end. I counteract this by wiping the excess off the end before getting the outer lashes.

For super-length for a super night out I use Maybelline's Lash Stiletto mascara to the tips of my lashes first, then use a few coats of Colossal at the bases for falsies-like lashes.

on 10/25/2009 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was very impressed with this mascara! Perfect for an everyday look, two coats of this mascara gave my lashes decent thickness and length (I haven't gone past two coats yet, so I don't know how good this mascara is for dramatic looks). Some people have complained about a smell, but I can't smell anything unless I actually sniff the brush.
The only issue I have is that if I apply this mascara on my bottom lashes, too closely to my waterline, it'll smudge. The trick is to apply AWAY from the waterline. The good thing is that it doesn't smudge too much, so if anything, it just looks like you're going for a smokey under-eyes look. Not quite raccoon eyes.

Overall, I'd definitely buy again.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I rarely find a mascara that I like enough to buy more than once, but this is one. It makes my lashes so long and definitely volumizes (although not as much as my HG, CG Fantastic Lash WP), and holds a curl perfectly. And no clumps, no matter how many coats I apply! Absolutely will buy this again.

on 10/22/2009 9:49:00 AM

I'm going through my second Colossal mascara. I enjoyed my first non-waterproof so much that I bought a second one in waterproof formula. So far it's been my default/favorite mascara. It thickens (although not as much I'd want it too but no product in the world does thinkens as much as I want it too anyway) my lases. It holds up the curl so so well, especially true for water-proof version. My lashes are perfect from morning until midnight, seriously; they look exactly the same at midnight as the morning when I first applied it. I was really amazed. Also, I have such straight lashes as I am Asian, this product really DOES curl and HOLDS the curls throughout the day. When I look at my eyes, I thought what a great lashes I have, seriously and I never thought like that before in my entire life. Amazing. Downside to it is that it's quite difficult to remove because such a strong formula.

I have been cheating on it by trying other products few times and I keep coming back to it. It's such a reliable, dependable, consistent-resulted product. If it was a guy, I think I'll ended up marrying it.