September 22, 2014 | 831 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Roby

Under eye smudges! Ugh! even though this is supposed to be water proof it"s not on me :( The pros on this is that it holds a curl like I've never seen before! & does not clump. I really wanted to love this mascara, but can't do so on account of the smuding.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this better than the non-waterproof version! Both are semi-decent, but this one definitely adds more definition and does not flake at all!

On the other hand, I still prefer CG's Lash Blast or Maybelline's XXL Intense to this...so I probably won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by sparkyjo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My favorite mascara so far! I'm not saying it's absolutely perfect, but it's the best that I've come across, drugstore-wise. I'm on a budget and can't afford the more expensive mascaras, but I'm perfectly happy with this one. I have really straight and fairly long lashes. I holds my curl REALLY well, which is amazing because most mascaras don't. It doesn't smudge at all, and as others have said, it makes it a little difficult to get off. However, I use olive oil to take off my eye makeup and it's fine. The volume on this is ridiculous and it lengthens pretty well. My favorite go-to mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 3:04:00 PM More reviews by indigodoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my 3 HGs! This mascara thickens and lengthens like no other and has fab staying power- it survives sweat and tears. I haven't tried the original formula but the waterproof is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by babybluebird

One of my favorite mascaras of all time, compared to even prestige brand mascaras. The brush is nice and fluffy and even though my eyelashes are stick-straight and short, this mascara gives it lift and volume. I get really up-close to the mirror and brush on the mascara from the base out. I usually layer on quite a bit but even one coat goes pretty far. As far as waterproof-ness is concerned, the staying power is quite impressive. It stays on through tears, rain, and other watery occurences and even with eye makeup remover, it takes a while to get all of it all. This could, I suppose, be a blessing or a curse.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by youcaughtmyeye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this on sale for $4.99 and thought I'd give it a try since I need more waterproof mascaras. Although I know that a lot of people hate the bright yellow packaging, I think it's quite cute even though I generally hate yellow. The brush is smaller than the Lashblast one and the bristles stick out more. If you hold the wand close to your nose, there's a chemical smell but if you hold it away from your face or apply it on your lashes, you can't smell it at all. It does lengthen my lashes and separate them, but it makes my lashes look a bit wispy and spidery. However, it doesn't clump, flake and smudge even after being in water and rubbing my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2009 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Itai

I like how this lengthens my lashes and it hold the curls really well (I have asian lashes). I got compliments on my lashes when I use this mascara but it smudges after 2 hours ! That's why I took off 2 lippies and it doesn't give that much volume. I think if you are looking for a dramatic effect, this is not for you, but if you want length and don't mind smudging, you could try this. It clumps a little bit and does'nt flake.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by cucumber110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Comparable to Cover Girl's Lashblast. The Colossal formula doesn't make my eyelashes "hard", but if I rub my eyes accidentally they clump together. It doesn't smudge and it lengthens my lashes. The CG Lashblast is a little better at thickening, both are equal in holding a curl and volumizing. The CG Lashblast brush is stiff and plasticky, while the Colossal brush is, well, brushy. It doesn't really "dig" into my lashes as much as I'd like it to.

A great mascara though, I purchase either CG's or Maybelline's (whichever is on sale) when I'm at the drug store.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 7:01:00 PM More reviews by ftiandfrh

this is my new HG, i finally found a mascara that gives me some real volume, and i love that it NEVER smudges in the humidity. i'll never need another mascara, this one gives volume like no other, and lengthens enough so that it looks like i have naturally gorgeous lashes, how i love you colossal <3

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by DivineL

i gave this a shot because some MUAers rec'd this when i complained about voluminous (at first no volume, then second use clump-o-rama). previously, i was using MF 2000 calorie, an old fav. but decided to look for something better.

i find that wp always holds a curl. so i get this and when i tried it the first time i was in love! i love the brush, i love that fact that the first use was perfect, unlike other mascaras where you kinda have to wait for the product to thicken up. i really like the brush...i like this out of all the maybelline mascaras. i have tried many from the volum' express line, and they have always failed to do anything right. this is the only one from that catagory that is good. i can't believe that i waited this long to try it! it removes easy with eye mu remover (currently using walmart's version of neutrogena dual) yet it does not smudge or flake. i'm talking 8+ hours of wear. i don't mind the packaging...i'm a lil bummed that the non-wp is purple and yellow, bec i have wp, which is turquoise and yellow.

i will rebuy this again, when the time comes.