Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

This mascara does volumized and lengthen well but I cannot get over the smell of the product. It was an overwhelming chemical smell that even when I was wearing the product I was still able to smell it.

This is great at volumizing, it does take two coats for me but it's not clumpy and it stays on well. Very easily removable with mascara remover. Will use again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Most waterproof formulas do not lengthen or thicken much but this one does both but not in the extreme. I use the "glam black" which is there blackest black. The fat brush is not awkward like the fat brush for the Cover Girl stuff and it comes out of the tube clean so you don't have to wipe it over and over and waste product to get the brush ready to use.

I have had LASIK surgery and I need mascara that doesn't flake at all. This is it. I have had no dryness from the waterproof formula like I normally do with my L'Oreal wateproof mascara.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a pretty decent mascara. At first I really hated it because it clumped and was a pain to get off my lashes. It also has a strong perfumey smell. I bought the waterproof Voluminous at the same time and wound up layering the two, Voluminous WP over entire lash and then Colossal WP on the tips. This worked OK a couple times, but my lashes looked heavy and were just not defined enough. I think it is because both are WP formulas and seem to dry VERY quickly to where multiple coats is almost impossible. Anyway, I wear Fiberwig almost daily, and one night before going out I decided to add the Colossal WP over the Fiber Wig. SUCCESS! My lashes remained lengthened, defined and the tips kept their curl. I will use this combo from now on because it looks great and the Colossal is easier to remove from the tips than the base. The packaging is ok, wish it were slimmer and more discrete for taking out and about. It's cute in my makeup case, though.

I got bored with my mascara and decided to try something new, and based on the reviews, I chose this. Unfortunately after a week of wearing this, I decided to throw it away. This smudged horribly under my eyes, and since I was at work without remover, I couldn't wipe the smudges off. I also think it was flaking into my eyes because there were many days that my eyes hurt and felt like something was in them. This was the only new product that I was using. Sounds like it works for a lot of people, so if this is buy one get one free, I guess it's worth a try.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i've never been a fan of waterproof but i can tell u that this one is great because the lashes stay curled unlike any other regular mascaras i've used like Lash Blast. i recommend this to everyone who curl their lashes regularly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Despite my extreme dislike of the non waterproof version, i love this one! i like a bigger brush with my mascara, so i like the brush, i love the packaging mostly just because its pretty. the formula is good, it is volumizing and has good lasting power, but is not impossible to remove. i really like this particularly because it doesn't have the chemical smell that lingers all day, which was my main problem with the non waterproof version

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Using the non-waterproof version was a huge dissapointment so I don't know exactly what made me think the WP version would be better... My HG of mascaras has always been Volum'Express and I've been using this for years now. I once accidentally bought the non-WP version and I noticed it dragged down my lashes after curling. Thinking about this, I thought that this also might be the issue with The Colossal. At a cosmetics discount store I found The Colossal WP and I decided I might give it a try. I'm glad I did because I like the WP version much better. I still think the brush is a bit too big but it doesn't drag down my lasher after curling and it gives a good, inky black coating. I don't think it lives up to the promise of 7x more volume; it's probably just the same as Volum'Express. It didn't smudge or budge and using the right application technique it doesn't clump either. It's not my HG but good enough to keep.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is an okay mascara, but mine turned really fast. After a couple months it started stinging my eyes when I used it. Before that though, it did an okay job of volumizing and didn't smudge. It does now though unfortunately. Very sad!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Waterproof mascaras are the only ones that hold the curl on my straight thin lashes. Iím torn between using water-soluble mascara and curling my lashes before and after applying my mascara, which I know is too harsh on my lashes, AND using waterproof mascaras that are generally quite harsh on lashes. The latter ones also take more effort to remove. This time, I put my money on The Colossal Waterproof (I havenít used the water-soluble version).

Iíve never actually even tried the original VolumíExpress, which has been around for ages and gained popularity. Iíve just found the packaging too clunky and not that attractive, and the brush has seemed too large and messy. Thatís not the case with The Colossal; although its yellow packaging looks quite cheap, somehow I find it kinda cool, and I really like it :) Itís a refreshing change from those golden-coloured and glamourous-looking mascaras from expensive brands. Itís pretty much the same stuff thatís inside the packaging anyway.

Despite being quite large, the brush is surprisingly easy to use! Ok, so it promises to volumise 7xÖ yeah, it most certainly doesnít. That would just be too good to be true. However, its volumising AND lengthening abilities are pretty impressive. In addition, it separates my lashes extremely well. Iím impressed! It also doesnít flake during a long day but it does, on the other hand, smuge ever so slightly on my brow bone and under my eyes... that's a such a shame, because otherwise this would be a solid 5-lippie mascara. At the end of the day, it comes off easily with a silicone-based remover. I guess the ingredient list is pretty much your average drugstore mascara ingredient listÖ but the jojoba oil is a nice additional touch. Despite the slight smudging, The Colossal WP is, by far, cream of the crop among drugstore mascaras!

Ingredients: Isododecane, Cera Alba (Beeswax), C8 9 Isoparaffin (Aqua), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Carnauba (Carnauba Wax), Water (Aqua), Propylene Carbonate, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Lecithin, Silica, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Phenoxyethanol, PEG/PPG 17/18 Dimethicone, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Polyvinyl Laurate, Polyquaternium 10, Soluble Collagen, Panthenol, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice Starch), May Contain (+/-): CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferroxyanide), Mica.

Popular Mascaras