December 22, 2014 | 1604 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by xAlleGegenAlle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely find a mascara that I like enough to buy more than once, but this is one. It makes my lashes so long and definitely volumizes (although not as much as my HG, CG Fantastic Lash WP), and holds a curl perfectly. And no clumps, no matter how many coats I apply! Absolutely will buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by ippyevie

I'm going through my second Colossal mascara. I enjoyed my first non-waterproof so much that I bought a second one in waterproof formula. So far it's been my default/favorite mascara. It thickens (although not as much I'd want it too but no product in the world does thinkens as much as I want it too anyway) my lases. It holds up the curl so so well, especially true for water-proof version. My lashes are perfect from morning until midnight, seriously; they look exactly the same at midnight as the morning when I first applied it. I was really amazed. Also, I have such straight lashes as I am Asian, this product really DOES curl and HOLDS the curls throughout the day. When I look at my eyes, I thought what a great lashes I have, seriously and I never thought like that before in my entire life. Amazing. Downside to it is that it's quite difficult to remove because such a strong formula.

I have been cheating on it by trying other products few times and I keep coming back to it. It's such a reliable, dependable, consistent-resulted product. If it was a guy, I think I'll ended up marrying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by hellokittytrooper528

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I enjoyed this mascara for many reasons. It was extremely volumizing, like CoverGirl's LashBlast, without the rubbery brush. Held my curl decently due to the waterproofing. Unlike the regular version, it didn't have the overpowering rose smell, however it did smell like something else, something unrecognizable in my view. The brush is quite large, however I got into my innermost lashes eventually. The big bulky packaging isn't too "travel makeup" friendly but it is quite worth it. As far as price goes, it's cheaper than LashBlast but could maybe drop another 50 cents. Smudging wasn't present and flaking wasn't an issue. Will repurchase in the near future.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by sarahbm77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! I have been searching for something inexpensive (Cant beat $5) but actually lasts. My brother got married on the beach in FL last week when it was 95 degrees - and after the ceremony my mascara looked flawless. After all the sweat and tears that was all the convincing I needed. LOL. It makes my eyelashes look so long and it holds the curl. Will definitely be buying this again! The color I went with was Glam Black.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by lunagirl81

I tried the non-waterproof version but had discontinued bc the strong smell. The waterproof version is great. Not only is it waterproof but it doesn't have the smell. It is thin enough that you can apply coat after coat.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by megathon

This doesn't clump, and it really does thicken and lengthen my lashes. Still, I won't buy this again because it definitely is not waterproof and the undereye smudging is out of control. I always apply this carefully to my upper and lower lashes so that it doesn't get on my skin and looks fine, and then in an hour or so I'll notice that I've got mascara smeared all over my undereye area. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was recommended by a friend to try this since her lashes looked really nice and full. I love this! I didnt have a favorite mascara since i was looking around for a good mascara at the time. I am glad I found my holy grail of mascaras.I did find that my lashes look fuller, but not longer which is fine with me.I wanted to have the false eyelash look..but not the long dramatic look..I do like that it comes in waterproof so that is good. I will buy this again. I hope they never discontinue selling this mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by sylkii

Tried this after using MAC mascara and for way cheaper got a better result. It is also very waterproof which is a plus for me since I have watery eyes. Def would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this.
I've been using Lancome Hypnose for years now, and it will always be my HG, but lately I've been trying to save money, and haven't had time to get to the mall to buy it, and was running out... so I figured I would give this stuff a try (the advertising was just too effective, really). I'm actually really glad I did. First of all, the brush is really cool. It's HUGE. Much thicker than the Lancome brush. There is a really funky and icky smell that comes off of this stuff, but once it dries the smell is gone, so no worries.
It made my lashes super thick and super long. Even my bottom lashes are very clearly noticeable.
The first time I used it, I did notice some of the under-eye smudging that other reviewers have mentioned. But if you're careful about not letting it touch the skin of the lower lash-line, and only the lashes, it totally eliminates the problem (it's not really hard, just do it slowly).
It doesn't clump, doesn't flake, and doesn't smudge (if you avoid touching the skin). I like it a lot. Also, even the waterproof version is easy to take off with simple eye make up remover (I like Neutrogena) which I can't say for the Lancome (which is why I never bought the Lancome in waterproof - but the regular was so powerful it might as well have been waterproof anyway).

This stuff isn't quite *AS* good as the Lancome, which I will go back to as soon as I can get to the mall, but it's still really, really good. I'm totally happy to use this for as long as I need until I can make my next pilgrimage to Sephora. I would say that this stuff is about 90% as good as the Lancome. Really great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2009 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Metoner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using Cover Girl Lash Blast but I've been having problems with flaking and it being non waterproof, so I decided to try this mascara because it seemed like the same concept.

Well the pros about this is my lashes look great, it holds perfectly and doesnt flake.

The only thing I dont like is I can only do one coat. It says to not to let it dry inbetween coats, but when I go for the second one its already dry, and then starts to clump.

One sweep works for me and its been a good replacement for my lash blast.