Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal Waterproof

3.7

Isododecane, cera microcristallina/microcrystalline wax, cera alba/beeswax, c8-9 isoparaffin, disteardimonium hectorite, cera carnauba/carnauba wax, aqua/water, propylene carbonate, allyl stearate/va copolymer, lecithin, silica, sodium polymethacrylate, hydrogenated jojoba oil, phenoxyethonal, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, ethylenediamine/stearyl dimer dilinoleate copolymer, ethylparaben, polyvinyl laurate, polyquaternium-10, souluble collagen, pathenol, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, methylparaben, butylparaben, oryza sativa starch/rice starch. [ /- may contain: ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491/iron oxides. ci 77007/ultramarines, ci77891/titanium dioxide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/ maganese violet, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, mica] F.I.L. d34889/1 U.S. patents: 5,462, 798; 6,099,183; 6,222,735; 6,296,411; 6,305,862; 6,309,123; 6,325,562; 6,331,086; 6,345,923

on 10/29/2009 12:03:00 AM

My HG mascara! I don't need lengthening (or to curl my lashes, honestly) so I'm a volume freak. This thickens and darkens and doesn't flake or smudge while I'm wearing it at work or partying. It's great for me and I have oily eyelids. Removes okay with normal makeup remover, but I use stuff that specifically removes waterproof makeup with no issues.

I love Glam Black because it's so dramatic, but Absolute Black has less gloss without losing that drama. Great pigmentation, great length, wears great, buildable. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to accent and increase their lash thickness that will last through a bit of water and sweat.

My real con for this is minor for me. The tube is quite large for the amount of product and the applicator wand is a bit thick at the end. I counteract this by wiping the excess off the end before getting the outer lashes.

For super-length for a super night out I use Maybelline's Lash Stiletto mascara to the tips of my lashes first, then use a few coats of Colossal at the bases for falsies-like lashes.

on 10/25/2009 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was very impressed with this mascara! Perfect for an everyday look, two coats of this mascara gave my lashes decent thickness and length (I haven't gone past two coats yet, so I don't know how good this mascara is for dramatic looks). Some people have complained about a smell, but I can't smell anything unless I actually sniff the brush.
The only issue I have is that if I apply this mascara on my bottom lashes, too closely to my waterline, it'll smudge. The trick is to apply AWAY from the waterline. The good thing is that it doesn't smudge too much, so if anything, it just looks like you're going for a smokey under-eyes look. Not quite raccoon eyes.

Overall, I'd definitely buy again.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I rarely find a mascara that I like enough to buy more than once, but this is one. It makes my lashes so long and definitely volumizes (although not as much as my HG, CG Fantastic Lash WP), and holds a curl perfectly. And no clumps, no matter how many coats I apply! Absolutely will buy this again.

on 10/22/2009 9:49:00 AM

I'm going through my second Colossal mascara. I enjoyed my first non-waterproof so much that I bought a second one in waterproof formula. So far it's been my default/favorite mascara. It thickens (although not as much I'd want it too but no product in the world does thinkens as much as I want it too anyway) my lases. It holds up the curl so so well, especially true for water-proof version. My lashes are perfect from morning until midnight, seriously; they look exactly the same at midnight as the morning when I first applied it. I was really amazed. Also, I have such straight lashes as I am Asian, this product really DOES curl and HOLDS the curls throughout the day. When I look at my eyes, I thought what a great lashes I have, seriously and I never thought like that before in my entire life. Amazing. Downside to it is that it's quite difficult to remove because such a strong formula.

I have been cheating on it by trying other products few times and I keep coming back to it. It's such a reliable, dependable, consistent-resulted product. If it was a guy, I think I'll ended up marrying it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I enjoyed this mascara for many reasons. It was extremely volumizing, like CoverGirl's LashBlast, without the rubbery brush. Held my curl decently due to the waterproofing. Unlike the regular version, it didn't have the overpowering rose smell, however it did smell like something else, something unrecognizable in my view. The brush is quite large, however I got into my innermost lashes eventually. The big bulky packaging isn't too "travel makeup" friendly but it is quite worth it. As far as price goes, it's cheaper than LashBlast but could maybe drop another 50 cents. Smudging wasn't present and flaking wasn't an issue. Will repurchase in the near future.

on 10/21/2009 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love this mascara! I have been searching for something inexpensive (Cant beat $5) but actually lasts. My brother got married on the beach in FL last week when it was 95 degrees - and after the ceremony my mascara looked flawless. After all the sweat and tears that was all the convincing I needed. LOL. It makes my eyelashes look so long and it holds the curl. Will definitely be buying this again! The color I went with was Glam Black.

on 10/19/2009 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried the non-waterproof version but had discontinued bc the strong smell. The waterproof version is great. Not only is it waterproof but it doesn't have the smell. It is thin enough that you can apply coat after coat.

on 10/13/2009 10:05:00 PM

This doesn't clump, and it really does thicken and lengthen my lashes. Still, I won't buy this again because it definitely is not waterproof and the undereye smudging is out of control. I always apply this carefully to my upper and lower lashes so that it doesn't get on my skin and looks fine, and then in an hour or so I'll notice that I've got mascara smeared all over my undereye area. Yuck.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was recommended by a friend to try this since her lashes looked really nice and full. I love this! I didnt have a favorite mascara since i was looking around for a good mascara at the time. I am glad I found my holy grail of mascaras.I did find that my lashes look fuller, but not longer which is fine with me.I wanted to have the false eyelash look..but not the long dramatic look..I do like that it comes in waterproof so that is good. I will buy this again. I hope they never discontinue selling this mascara!

on 10/11/2009 12:18:00 AM

Tried this after using MAC mascara and for way cheaper got a better result. It is also very waterproof which is a plus for me since I have watery eyes. Def would buy again.