July 30, 2014 | 1978 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i have dark brown/black hair and i bought this in medium and i am in LOVE! this product is amazing!! the teeny brush is useless but i honestly didnt plan on using it anyway. the color is perfect and it works just as good as other more expensive brands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by PaulaNC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I paid $1.50 during the Studio sale at E.L.F. It was my first order and boy, was I thrilled. After reading reviews, I bumped up to light, although I am anything but. My hair and brows are medium brown. This worked perfectly. I find that using either side produces the results I want. It's a bit much to use both since I don't have much in the way of brows. The tiny brush is useless to me, but it's there if you want it. I use my Bobbi Brown hard slant brush that I've had forever. I tried and returned BeneFit's Browzings because I was sold a color that was much too dark. I also use the wax, and only occasionally the powder, so when I hit the pan I can throw it in the trash not regretting I didn't use the powder.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmm. I didn't know whether or not to get dark or medium but I finally fell for the dark shade. I have black hair with sparse brows and I was scared that dark would give me that drag queen look.
Now... This is one of those things that you might need to play around with before you get the hang of it. I prefer to use the gel side alone because I feel that the powder darkens it just a little too much and creates a really odd shade of "dark". However, that might just be me - I am not used to seeing my brows look so full so I think the gel alone is a more subtle natural look for me anyways. The double sided brush that comes with it is awesome. It looks SO professional too!
If you have super black dense brows though, this is more browny/red than black. It's ok for me because I only use a tiny bit of the gel at a time.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by entreprentice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not sure if I would buy this again because the gel seems a little dark and not a good consistency but I like the powder however it's not a very unique color so I would probably get something else.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

EDIT: unfortunately the powder color just isn't very long lasting. i noticed unlike my Anastasia brown pencil, which lasts pretty much all day, the ELF is gone by mid day. the wax doesn't seem to help all that much. That part sorta sucks... :
i'm NC25 asian with very very sparse eyebrows and black hair (that runs a bit light due to being very thin). I've tried Benefit's Browzing and Lorac's Take a Brow, and while both were good, i find them to be a bit on the darker side. I have been using Anastasia's eyebrow pencil in Medium Ash and it works pretty well, but again sometimes i find it to be a bit too dark for me.

on a whim i picked this up in Medium. The wax side is a dark neutral brown and the powder side is slightly lighter in color. Both color looks to be pretty neutral to me, but the powder might be slightly more warm.

The colors end up being almost perfect for me, however. The brush that came with it is too small and a bit useless though i like the fluffy side to use with the powder. I like the wax side's color better. it seems to match up to my natural hair color better without running too warm/orangy nor too cool. the powder, like i said, i think maybe a bit warmer because when i accidentaly applied too much, my brows looked a lot more "warm" toned than my natural hair color. i use the wax side to first darken my brows and define shape, then use a small amount of hte powder (you really need only a small amount, it's pretty pigmented) to just darken/tint just the center of my brows.

considering the price, i would definitely repurchase this over rebuying any of my other choices (Benefit, Lorac, or Anastasia)!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am light-medium Asian with black hair. My eyebrow hairs are black, but pretty sparse, so I always have to fill my brows. Before this, I used a dark brown powder and lightly fill it in, which looked fine, except I noticed in some pictures, my eyebrows look a bit too dark on me. I bought this kit in Ash, which is one of their new colors. The wax is a light light brownish color, and the powder is sort of a grey color. The wax glides on very smoothly, and makes all my hairs stay in place. The powder is perfect for my coloring, and is not chalky at all. When I use both together, I get very natural looking brows, but fuller. It doesn't look like I had to fill them in or anything. I like this a lot better than the powder I was using before. The brush provided is way too small, so I just use a straight eyeliner brush. I was worried that the Ash color might be too light for me, but because my eyebrow hairs are so sparse, it fills them in perfectly.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As long as E.l.f. doesn't come up with a grayish dark tone for this product, I won't be buying it again. Not every lady has eyebrows in a shade of brown. The tiny brush that comes along with it is also of bad quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by soiia

Ah, this thing is no good for me. Perhaps, it's because I'm Asian and the colour is just way too brown that it looks so unnatural on me.

The WAX doesn't really have a colour when applied (except if you're caking your eyebrow with the wax), so it is good enough. A little bit is enough to set the powder afterward. That's the good part.

But then, when you add the POWDER, that looks a lot less brown than the wax, the colour goes off-court. The result came out to be a lot more brown than my eyeshadow -.- and needless to say, this is no good.

I don't know if e.l.f sells this in other tone (hopefully a lot more gray), because the texture is nice, but it's just the colour that is so off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This color matches my brows well. Don't love the brush that comes with it.

Applying it can be different. You do need to really work it in to make sure it is natural, but it definitely looks natural.

Neither the gel or powder was dry or heavy.

This stuff will get any stray hairs, so make sure any hair out of place is gone, or it will show.

As for staying power, I don't know yet.

Overall it's ok, but isn't the funnest to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

This is a great little eyebrow kit. I decided to give it a try after watching a Youtube review by YayaLifestyle.

I bought the kit in "Ash," as recommended by Yaya since we have similar hair color. We're both Asian with yellow skin undertones and dark brown hair. The "Ash" kit looks quite light in the palette, but when you combine the wax and powder, it darkens quite nicely without looking too warm or red.

The kit comes in a sleek matte black plastic case. On the left side is the wax, on the right is the powder. It also comes with a two-sided brush; a stiff angled brush to apply the wax and a softer wider brush to apply the powder. They both have a pretty good consistency. The wax isn't too stiff or too goopy. It glides onto the hairs pretty well, and the powder isn't too loose or messy. The wax helps tame unruly hairs while also providing a surface for the powder to stick to.

If you're interested in giving brow powders a try, this is a good kit to start with. It's only $3, but you can usually find ELF coupons to use on the website (I've gotten $5 off on all of my online purchases for the past few months!).

Inexpensive, easy to use, convenient, great quality. Highly recommended!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No