October 25, 2014 | 864 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is quite a nice bronzer - although I can see how those with very tan skin may find this too light. I am NC20 or NC30/35 when tanned, and Hoola works for both those tones. It never goes orange like a lot of other bronzers do on me, but it can look muddy and blotchy if you use too much or don't apply with care. The texture is soft - almost velvety - and lasts pretty much all day on my skin. The box looks decievingly small for such a high price, but you do get a lot of product in it. My first box lasted me nearly 2 years with virtually everyday usage throughout my last year of highschool and my first year of college! Benefit products are very hit or miss for me, and this is definately a hit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by knitsnbytes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just like everyone else, YMMV on bronzers due to your skin tone. In this case, my medium-fair skin (brunette) works well with a matte, non-orange bronzer and Hoola fits the bill.

I use a skunk brush to apply, and not the flat Kabuki included in the packaging. This makes a more natural sun-kissed look on my face. I give this five stars due to the color (tan) and no shimmer. The box does not travel well--they ought to make a compact version of Hoola as an option instead of the cute but impractical box.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

At first I really didn't like it and swapped it but then I really wanted it again so I bought it and haven't stopped using it since.

I like that it is matte, yet has a little bit of sheen to it and it is more yellow than red so it cancels out my redness in the cheek area.

Lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This bronzer is great for fair skin, I use this everyday for all over and contouring. I don't care for the packaging or the price. I also hate that there are parabens, I plan on trying to find a bronzer that's matte and similar in color to switch to. I have changed all of my skincare and makeup to more natural and organic lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by xoj3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My overall rating is a 4 solely because of the amazing effect it has on my skin. I look sun-kissed in the greatest way possible but on the other hand it is VERY over priced. I paid around 45 dollars for a very tiny, tiny box filled with bronzer not even half way full. But because I live in Canada I sort of accepted it ... I just hope that this lasts me a really really long time before I have to re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by AmandaMA54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was on the hunt for a new bronzer, the Bobbi Brown shade I had been using seemed a bit too "orangey". In the store, the Benefit sales rep. did a great job applying Hoola to my face; I looked like I had a natural dark tan. However, the next day when I used it, I felt it just made my face look dirty. I'm going to blame it on the brush I used though - I think I need to invest in a kabuki brush so I can better blend. I tried to do a lighter layer today and I have to say that it does look nice, but I can't decide yet if I like it better than the "orangey" bobbi brown shade...I worry its a bit too dull and missing something.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Lac3andLeather

Hoola is one of my favorite matte bronzers. I love the way it goes onto my skin (NC30-35) and the color output is amazing. It gives me a nice tan glow and I love using it for contour. However, you must apply it with a light hand or build it up. Otherwise, if you get too much product on your brush, it might possibly end up making your face too dark or muddy.
It is quite expensive but I use it just about everyday and it lasts forever. I've had it for over a year and still haven't hit pan!
Benefit boxed powders are sooo worth the money, I feel. They have great pigmentation and tend to last a long time (on your face-wise). Plus, the packaging is too hard to pass up.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after doing some research and asking other members their thoughts on a good bronzer. I wanted something that would look natural on my NW20/ NW25 skin and wouldn't turn me orange! Several members suggested Benefit Hoola. I decided to trust them and I'm glad I did. This bronzer delivers!!! It is very buildable so even the fairest person could wear this. I had read that the brush that comes with it is useless, so I just threw it out. I use a stipling brush which gives me a light, even application. The bronzer is matte, so no sparkle-bomb here. It honestly looks like I spent a day out in the sun. :) It comes in a bulky little box, which is my only gripe (if there is one) about this product. A small compact minus the brush would be a lot better if I had my way. I paid $28 for this which is definitely enough, but with the little product that I need for each application, it should last forever. Definitely worth the money. I highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 7:44:00 AM More reviews by kohud

I love this bronzer! I have quite fair skin so looking for a contouring bronzer that doesn't look orange or cakey is a nightmare. I have tried many bronzers over the time I have started experimenting with my make up but nothing works as well as HOOLA. You can build it up as much as you want and best of all it stays put! Its dark colour ensures excellent contouring and it's peachy undertones really compliment my skin colour and hair colour too. It blends nicely with every blusher of every colour and can also be used for a sun kissed glow when you need it! I initially thought that HOOLA was quite expensive for the size that it was, however when I realised how good it was it felt like a bargin! Plus, it lasts for ages. Depending on the shape of your face, I would consider using a different brush, the rectangular brush could be too harsh and apply too much product, personally I use an angled brush, it means the product goes exactly where I want it! Definately worth it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by prettymar

:) <3 My fav bronzer by far....not super dark so very natural looking but buildable so u can layer without looking too cakey :) LOVE IT and use it every day!!! A tinny bit pricey but worth (had mine since last October and still goin strong)
side note: chuck the brush and invest in a nice contour or skunk brush