November 21, 2014 | 1695 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by nicoledomain

I would only suggest this bronzer for people with some-what darker skin tone. A few months ago when I purchased this bronzer I could NOT pull it off! It was too much contrast to my skin tone, looked very un-natural. Now that my skin is darker because it is summer, it looks great and I love it now!

Good: Great natural color, matte, has lasted me for a long time

Bad: Brush sucks, the box is a little small for my bronzer brush to fit in but I can def make do, and not good for people with paler skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This used to be my HG bronzer I discovered Tarte Park Ave Princess in matte. I love a matte bronzer, as I find sparkle breaks me out and tends to look too much for day time. So I love that Hoola is matte. I also love the color is not orange at all. I just found it a tad too muddy. In the summer it worked well but year round it could get too dingy and not really brighten up my face. The packaging is lacking, the brush it comes with sucks and then the box is a bit tight if you like to use a large powder brush. If you contour it may be perfect for you though! I would say overall, it's a great bronzer if you have the right skin tone to pull it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by nelson2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i wanted this because all of the good reviews. and i believe, that on darker skin it does look wonderfull. but i m too fair for it unfortunally. it just doesnt look anything natural at all. and i m all about looking natural with bronzers. but i found out bronzer in general is not quite my thing. i d probably have to use a darker face-powder to creat a sunkissed look. i dont understand the price at all. i mean look at the packaging. -but i could never say bad things about benefit -i love this brand because its just special. and they do have some great products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by surf222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a great matte bronzer that is great for the summer. The price seems steep but it lasts a long time. The one thing Benefit can do is improve their packaging especially when traveling. I don't use their brush that's included but a fluffier one to apply the bronzer. I find the results to be more natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by mesloan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

WOO HOOLA! Love it! I've used many bronzers and have never liked them including the "famous" Guerlain one. They have always been too glittery, too sheer or too matte--Hoola is perfect for me. First, I used a kabuki brush and used it to contour. Loved it so much that I kept going and did my entire face and neck. It looks so lovely and natural. I went outside with a mirror, in the bright sunlight, to see if I had applied too much color or if it looked fake-Nope!

Negative: I actually prefer to apply with the same type of fan brush that is included in the box, especially for contouring: however, the Benefit Hoola Brush bristles got all over my face and I threw it out. I remembered that I had a similar brush in an old "Jane" bronzer--great, little brush. It will do the trick until I my next brush shopping trip.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is quite a nice bronzer - although I can see how those with very tan skin may find this too light. I am NC20 or NC30/35 when tanned, and Hoola works for both those tones. It never goes orange like a lot of other bronzers do on me, but it can look muddy and blotchy if you use too much or don't apply with care. The texture is soft - almost velvety - and lasts pretty much all day on my skin. The box looks decievingly small for such a high price, but you do get a lot of product in it. My first box lasted me nearly 2 years with virtually everyday usage throughout my last year of highschool and my first year of college! Benefit products are very hit or miss for me, and this is definately a hit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by knitsnbytes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just like everyone else, YMMV on bronzers due to your skin tone. In this case, my medium-fair skin (brunette) works well with a matte, non-orange bronzer and Hoola fits the bill.

I use a skunk brush to apply, and not the flat Kabuki included in the packaging. This makes a more natural sun-kissed look on my face. I give this five stars due to the color (tan) and no shimmer. The box does not travel well--they ought to make a compact version of Hoola as an option instead of the cute but impractical box.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 6:22:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

At first I really didn't like it and swapped it but then I really wanted it again so I bought it and haven't stopped using it since.

I like that it is matte, yet has a little bit of sheen to it and it is more yellow than red so it cancels out my redness in the cheek area.

Lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This bronzer is great for fair skin, I use this everyday for all over and contouring. I don't care for the packaging or the price. I also hate that there are parabens, I plan on trying to find a bronzer that's matte and similar in color to switch to. I have changed all of my skincare and makeup to more natural and organic lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by xoj3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My overall rating is a 4 solely because of the amazing effect it has on my skin. I look sun-kissed in the greatest way possible but on the other hand it is VERY over priced. I paid around 45 dollars for a very tiny, tiny box filled with bronzer not even half way full. But because I live in Canada I sort of accepted it ... I just hope that this lasts me a really really long time before I have to re-purchase.