August 2, 2014 | 1616 users online

Treatments (Face) - Retin A

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2006 5:13:00 PM More reviews by oohsoojuju

i was given this product by my dermotologist and it definately cleared up my face. after i discontinued using it and broke out within a year or two. from then on i tried everything from over the counter products and fade creams. so i recently remembered i had an extra tube of the retin-a so i started to use it again. immediately i saw results. acne of all types/sizes cleared up and scarring/blemishes began to fade. though it's quite dryin, it's nothing a little moisturizer can't fix! i'll never stray away from this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2006 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ebeth114

I've always struggled with my skin and acne. I have taken Accutane before, the last time being about 10 years ago. Recently my face started breaking out horribly. I had 5 huge cysts on my chin, and one on my forehead. My face has been ruddy and red, and looked horrible! I was trying everything to treat myself from aspirin mask to cortisone cream. finally in desperation I went back to the dermatologist. I was given cortisone shots in my cysts which helped some but they were still bright red and I was having smaller breakouts on my chin. The doctor recommended I go back on Accutane. This can be a process. I had went off birth control but recently went back on it and with Accutane you have to wait a month, do blood work, do a pregnancy test, register online.....In the meantime, she gave me samples of Retina A Micro. I didn't touch this stuff for a couple of days because as a teenager was given Retina A and all it did was make my face even brighter red and very dry. Finally I decided what the heck. After using it just after one night I can tell you my face did a complete turnaround. When i looked in the mirror my jaw literally dropped. I couldn't believe it! The cysts were nearly gone, the redness had faded and even some old scars looked less visible. It really was a miracle. I have been using this every other night and my face has only continued to get better! This stuff is amazing!!!!! Now I don't even know if I need to get on Accutane. This stuff is awesome!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2006 8:26:00 PM More reviews by youngnjaded

I understand what a god-send Retin-a has been to many people but if you are even slightly prone to broken veins/capillaries, this will create as big of a problem as it solves. I used various forms of retin-a several different times, spanning about 15 years and everytime, a new broken vein would pop up which must be removed by a dr. even veins aside, retin-a gave me a weird, reddish skin tone, like I was flushed ALL THE TIME. I know they say it will go away, they say start off slow, but the last time I was using the lowest dose of Micro there is, ever few days, and I still had the red, scaly thing going after 6 months. I think retin-a is great for some but I wish drs would stop making it the first answer to all skin problems without warning you about broken caps.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2006 5:31:00 PM More reviews by spinster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had been on Retin A .025% twice before and it has never worked for me. This year, determined to do something serious about my skin, I finally went back to my dermatologist (after 4 years) and tried to convince him that Retin A does not work on me. I've had problem skin since I was 13. I'm 32 now. You name it, I've got it - acne-prone skin, enlarged pores, blackheads, hyperpigmentation, oiliness AND dryness. No products work on me. My skin is the opposite of sensitive, it's like impenetrable armor. Sheesh. But, apparently, I'm only classified as having mild acne so, Accutane was not recommended. So the doc prescribes me Retin-A Micro .04% and Minocycline. I was slightly skeptical but I said I'd try it. Holy hell, my skin felt smoother after the first night. It's only been a couple of weeks, but my skin feels like it's really healing. It's slow but, I've had no breakouts even though I'll be getting my period soon. Pores look more refined. I'm peeling gently. But here's the best part: I went for my physical today and told my internist that my dermatologist wanted me to ask her to put me on birth control for my skin. My internist examined my skin and shrugged. She said she didn't think I needed the pill because my skin looks fine, just some residual scarring/hyperpigmentation that the Retin-A should help. That's the first time anyone has ever looked at my skin and said it looked fine. I kept saying, "Really?"
I use a microdermabrasion scrub twice a week in conjunction with this. Retin-A helps your skin exfoliate but it can also cause dead skin build-up for some people (like me).
I'll update this review perhaps in a month or so. But for now, I highly recommend trying RAM!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2006 12:14:00 PM More reviews by ninagirl

This has been a god-send. When I turned 18 I developed painful acne, the kind that lingers for weeks and leaves dark spots. Three months of Retin A 0.05% cleared it up like a charm. It's also kept lines and wrinkles at bay; I've been repeatedly told I look much younger than I really am :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2006 5:13:00 PM More reviews by xxsharonxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am using Retin A Micro. Great prdouct I got from my doctor. It peels the skin a bit the day after, but its the only thing that keeps my acne under control . Sometimes it works in just a few days.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2006 1:52:00 PM More reviews by gothchiq

This stuff is horrible. It ate my face off. Even 6 months after stopping it, I find that my skin texture is coarser and I have twice as many lines and wrinkles. It's the worst thing I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2006 1:46:00 AM More reviews by blondeangelwing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Retin A is definitely a life saver but it requires TIME & Patience. I'm 22 and I've had breakout all my life and I have pale skin so that makes it even more horrible since they're more prominent on my skin. I also have sensitive skin so when I used this, it BURNED LIKE HELL! and I broke out more, I was pissed even though they told me it would happen. However I continued, and now my skin has never been more clear! it took about 2 months to start working but I havent had one zit (even around my period when I used to break out horribly) this really does work if you give it time. If you have sensitive skin, it will burn, turn your face red, and literally make it feel like it's on fire--- It got SO bad with me that I had to splash my face with ice water numerous times a day for the first month. By month 2, my skin adapted and burning stopped and it's never looked better. So trust me, I'm extremely stubborn and if you're the same, then really try to give it a shot. If you cant afford it, then just ask for the generic one, it works just as good :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2006 10:38:00 AM More reviews by lilly10

So far so good for me. I have been using retin a Micro for about 3 weeks now for some mild acne on my forhead that developed from over use of a moisterizer. It started clearing my skin right away and I noticed my skin tone evened out as well. My chin just started to get red from RAM yesterday but that is to be expected. I have not had the initial breakout yet and hope I dont have one but we will see. RAM can take 7 weeks to see improvement. It is pulling out the blackheads from places I did not even know I had blackheads as they were not visible at all so this is a good sign it is working. The other drawback I am noticing is that it has made my face oily and shiny so I hope this to shall pass in the coming weeks. Cant go wrong here acne treatment and wrinkle prevention all in one.

I do not put this product on my nose or near my lips or under my eyes per instructions that came with RAM. By the way I use .04%.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Retin-A Cream 0.025%. It prevents and clears my clogged pores very effectively, and it has the added bonus of anti-aging properties. I started with short contact therapy and left it on for 1-2 hours per night. A few months later, I am able to leave it on all night with little irritation. I use it a few times a week, and cut back when I experience redness. I never purge from tretinoid, thank goodness.