April 19, 2014 | 1923 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by blueberry17

I had to get this brush set since there were so many raves on the boards. My favourite brush of the set is the blush brush. So soft, picks up the colour well, and no shedding at all so far, even when washing! As for the eyeliner brush, it is bigger than what I am used to, it will only be useful if you draw thick lines. The eyeshadow and concealer brushes are great as well. No love for the lash/brow groomer. The comb works fine, but the brush side is much too big and feels a bit scratchy on me. The brush roll is a great touch.

This is eco-friendly, very affordable and of good quality. I am so glad I got this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by aychan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just got this set today. the blush brush was kinda squished so the hair/bristles were kinda weird. and i'm noticing a bit of shedding... hopefully it wont shed more later! the angle brush i really like cuz it works really well with my cream eyeliners.

if you live in canada and are looking for this.. go to London Drugs

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by flirty

This is an awesome set!! I bought it online for $10.99 plus shipping..

It includes: a blush brush, a medium eyeshadow brush, an eyeliner brush, a concealer brush, and a eyelash/eyebrow brush. And a cotton/hemp brush roll.

First of all, I love the quality of these brushes.. I wasn't sure of how great the quality would be considering the price...but it is unbelieveable!
I've spent waaaay more on brushes that weren't even that great.

They have sturdy handles and bristles that are SOOOO soft! After washing them with a mild soap, I had no problems with the bristles falling out or misshaping.

It's definitely a great buy, and with the price, a steal! On top of all that, they're made from recycled materials, bamboo, and synthetic bristles.

Highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am really impressed with these brushes. They are super soft and much softer than animal hair brushes that I own (2008 costco set). After owning this synthetic brush set and the Too Faced Kabuki, I'm never buying animal hair brushes again. Not only do animal hair brushes irritate my face, but they tend to smell after washing and I rather have scent /odor free brushes. These brushes also have not shed on me. Maybe 1 strand did come off but that was pretty much it. I also love the fact that these brushes are earth and animal friendly and that they give back some of it's proceeds to organizations. I hope they come up with more different types of brushes other than the basics because I would love to have a whole set of these brushes.

The only thing I dislike about this set is that the blush brush bleeds its color after washing. I hope this subsides after several washing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Kianaa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love it, the brushes are soft enough but won't disturb or brush off foundation. So far I feel no irritaition or scraping of the skin like other makeup brushes. I also like to sanitize/wash my brush...no shedding! Great, and I don't feel so much tugging or scratching when using the brushes for eye shadow and liner. And it's all eco-friendly...ALOHAAA!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by kams64

This is a great brush set for the price. I had read great things about these brushes but was having trouble finding them. When I spotted the set at my Walgreens, I didn't hesitate. They are super soft and sturdy. Well made. I've been using them for about a week and they haven't shed a single hair. I don't use the comb/brush much at all, but the others are well worth the cost of the set.......$10.99 for 5 brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by gudiyachettu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this as a gift from my DH who has no idea about makeup or brushes though he knows how much i love such stuff.i have read & heard so lot of good things about these brushes & was too happy when i got them as gift.The brushes, with the softest of taklon bristles & bamboo handles are among the best i have ever used. also,i love the fact that they are cruelty free & eco friendly.For the price u cannot beat the quality.i love the eye shading brush which picks up a lot of color,the big concealer brush still does a good job& the blush brush feels like silk on your skin..I didnt want the eye brow /lash comb brush but its always there.I highly recommend these brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Nekura

These caught my eyes at a Duane Reade a while back. Since then I've had a lemming to buy them.. when I saw the reviews pop up for Ecotools on MUA, it increased my lemming. I love the concept behind these brushes and a lot of the brushes goes to good... from the recycled materials to the bamboo handles and the company donating a bit of the profit of each sale to charity.

The 5 piece set seems to be the best deal. The greatest thing about this set is that it offers the brushes in full size unlike many "brush sets" out by other companies. The brushes look nearly identical to their individual brushes in regards to the size/length of bristles and handles... the only minor difference is that the brushes in the pack aren't stamped engraved with the logo unlike the individual brushes otherwise it's virtually impossible to tell which is which. You get your bang for the buck getting this set (5 brushes for about $11-$12) and picking up whatever brushes are not included individually (I bought the large powder brush seperately to have a set and am currently trying to find the foundation brush).

Granted I don't believe these are the "best" brushes out there but they're really a good investment and for a good cause. I'm one to have more than enough brushes (high and low end) but I like these a lot. The other thing I like about these is that it's the first time I've run into really soft non-shedding 100% synthetic brushes in a commercial drugstore/pharmacy. Synthetic cosmetic brushes are difficult to find (the ones outside of the concealer/foundation brush) and many companies that do make them are high end brands selling it for a lot... leaving anyone who can only use synthetic brushes not left with many options. Usually drugstores brushes, especially synthetic type are crappy and disgusting on the face... The standard black bristle dollar-store feeling sort of brush... however Ecotool brushes have a very expensive velvet lush feel to them! Great for the price. I recommend this to anyone whether you're starting out or just need a few extra brushes lying around.. grab some Ecotools :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by one

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These brushes are absolutely wonderful. Soft, well-made, great length. Definitely worth the hunt to find them. And I love the bamboo handles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by eternalstarangel

I LOVE these brushes. They are an excellent find for $12. They aren't the best brushes in the world, but they are definitely very good. They're soft, economical, don't shed, and work very well (somewhat comparable to expensive brand name brushes) and hold up well to repeated washings.
EDIT: DO NOT WASH THE BRUSH CASE...even hand washing it in cold water and air drying this will result in shrinking. :(