Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 10/3/2003 6:11:00 PM

An absolute staple in my home. Perfect for the gorgeously unmangled skin of my babies and great as my a.m. (or p.m. if there's no makeup removal involved) cleanser. I'd give it a 5 if it could remove makeup but it just can't. I buy this by the jug at my local warehouse store.

on 10/3/2003 5:42:00 PM

Mediocore! And I don't care what the magazines are saying! I like Neutrogena Gentle cleanser better (or Yonka Gel Nettoyant if you want to splurge)! This smells lousy, doesn't foam, feels too creamy to be a cleanser, and has lame packaging. My skin doesn't even feel that clean when I am done. Don't believe the hype - stay away!

I love this cleanser!! Its very very very gentle and has no fragance and is effective in cleansing my skin in the fall/winter time it makes my skin really silky and smooth :). Its also good to add to scrubs to make a nice silky finish :).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

i would like this product if i had really dry skin. but since my skin is prone to breakouts, it doesn't work that well for me.

I have sensitive skin that is dried out from acne medicine- this cleanser is perfect for me. I put it on dry skin and work it in- then rinse with water. I am thinking of just wiping it off this winter.
No frills with this cleanser, not for those who like brands and nice packaging. I have used the WalMart brand when the budget was tight, and it works as well at 1/3 price.
I use this cleanser as an eye makeup remover as well (with a cotton pad), and I mix it with baking soda for a gentle scrub.
I have been using for over 3 months, this is the longest time I have used a cleanser! I would definitely recommend to those with dry, sensitive skin- it cleanses and does not dry skin out at all.

on 9/29/2003 8:22:00 PM

Advised by my dermatologist to keep my sensitive skin from being flaky. I use it to remove my makeup as well. At this price, I'm fine with the simple packaging.

This is great for cleasing dry skin (hands and face). It's gentle and doesn't dry you out. It can be used with or without water (just wipe it off with a tissue). It doesn't foam up (soapy foam supposedly dry skin out). I have one bottle by the sink and another one by the tub. It's that good! :) I have skin allergies (eczema) and this gentle cleanser doesn't worry me. Too bad it's not great at cleansing off makeup. This cleanser is good for those no-makeup days. Oh yeah! The packaging isn't exactly the prettiest thing on earth... ;p

on 9/29/2003 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

No frills, just cleans my skin and leaves it moisturized. I have to say when I was younger I was not impressed with it -- too boring, but now it's almost perfect. I'm sure I'll continue to try other brands, but I keep coming back to this one.

on 9/28/2003 7:47:00 PM

This cleanser reminds me of a lotion (yuck)! I prefer a foaming cleanser. At least it's very compatible with sensitive skin. I don't feel any difference in my skin after using. Is my skin clean or not?!? Don't ask me because I have no idea.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a pretty good product in my view, but it doesn't give me a fully 'clean' feeling. It definitely doesn't iritate. I use it to take my makeup off by applying it to dry skin and wiping it off, then apply again for a real wash.

Video Reviews & Tutorials