April 16, 2014 | 1464 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2003 2:21:00 PM More reviews by JennieRose

My dermatologist suggested that I try this...I tried it and HATED it. It is a gentle cleanser but i did not like they way it felt after I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and ...get my point! I just do not think that it cleaned my skinned or removed any of the make-up that I had on (and I hardly wear any).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2003 2:18:00 PM More reviews by krichards

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this product for years and love it. THE BEST at removing mascara raccoon eyes without stinging. At this price, you've got to give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2003 11:13:00 PM More reviews by mendlmt

This is a fantastic cleanser. I use it morning and night. Night time I use it twice to effectively remove my make up but it does a great job considering it's so cheap.

Leaves my skin so soft and smooth. Definitely recommend this especially to those prone to redness.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2003 9:36:00 PM More reviews by bbetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So overated as a skin cleanser; yes, it's mild, but too mild to remove make-up. The only way it's good for make-up removal is used straight, without water, and even then it's not so good. My dermatologist said it's the closest thing to water...no kidding! I use it my pro kit to clean up eye make-up smudges, but that's about it. And when the samples run out, I'll stick to my beloved L'Occitane Extra-Gentle Cleansing Water, which does a much better job of removing make-up.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2003 12:47:00 AM More reviews by AutumnBreezes

I tried this a few years ago, and it didn't do a thing at all for my skin. This cleanser is not for acne-prone skin. And it's definitely not for removing heavy amounts of makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2003 8:13:00 PM More reviews by aslan21154

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Cetaphil Cleanser was an enormous disappointment for me considering the hype over it. It does not remove make-up at all. It leaves a film. In addition, it contributed to the worst breakout period of my life. I really can't recommend it despite the number of people who use it with satisfaction.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2003 1:44:00 AM More reviews by VHS04

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this, the only problem is it doesn't take all the makeup off. I started to only use it in the morning now, and it works great to freshen up my face. I always have a bottle of this in my cabinet.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2003 1:36:00 PM More reviews by longhorngal

This is a staple in my bathroom. I have sensitive skin and this really calms it down and softens it. In the summers, I only use this in the mornings because it's not strong enough to wash off the effects of a hot, humid summer day, at night. However, it's perfect in the mornings when I just need a light, refreshing face wash!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2003 12:47:00 AM More reviews by lisadoc

Going on my 3rd purchase here! It's a good gentle cleanser for my dry sensitive skin. I use it for a lot of things. Since my skin is too sensitive to scrubs all i do is add a little sugar and mix with Cetaphil and Voila! A simple but, yet gentle scrub. I also use it on my son who is sensitive to everything. I use it in the mornings but, i gotta admitt this is NO makeup remover but, pretty good to start off the day. I totally recommend this product for sensitive skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2003 4:19:00 PM More reviews by ambersobeautiful

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this skin cleanser doesn't really work for long periods of time either. i have found that it gives me more breakouts and it leaves my skin dry. so i wouldn't purchase it again.