Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is an okay cleanser IF you don't have a full face of makeup and IF you have normal, zit free skin. I can see this benefiting those with dry skin. Otherwise this won't do jack for you.

This is my staple cleanser. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin or dry it out, even in the winter. I don't find that it leaves the "film" that many people speak of, although I rinse it off as opposed to wiping it off. Sometimes I try other "fancier" cleasers because Cetaphil is so boring, but really it's the best, and cheap too.

Have you taken a look at the ingredient deck, girls? This is DETERGENT!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

So, okay, I'll add a review! It's a great product for me. I like using it as a makeup remover when I can't be near a sink, such as when I'm camping OR when I am too tired to do a proper face wash before bed. I put a little on a tissue, and wipe my face perfectly clean and dry, no need to rinse. It's also AWESOME as a shaving cream for my legs! Again, I don't even need to use water to shave with Cetaphil. It leaves my legs super soft. Very nice price, too! Two thumbs up for Cetaphil!! I noticed other reviewers said that it doesn't work well as a make up remover for them. I guess I'm lucky or something because it totally does the trick for me.

After hearing so many wonderful things about this I had to try it. I thought it was just terrible. My face didn't feel clean after using this and it made me break out.

I have to say that I did not care for this cleanser. I felt a reside on my skin after using it, even with aggressive rinsing. After continued use, I developed tiny bumps on my face (clogged pores). I don't know why it is called "gentle" when it contains SLS. I went back to my holy grail Spectro Jel, and my face cleared right up within a week!

This is a very gentle cleanser. It doesnt leave your face with a clean feeling until it's dry, but it seems to work just fine for dry skin, and it removes makeup.

Finally, it's time to add my review to the throngs of other sometimes glowingly positive, sometimes seethingly negative reviews for this product.

I was blessed with acne-prone, oily yet alternately sometimes painfully dry and peeling skin. I was using Neutrogena for a long time as it was a simple, basic cleanser that removed all of my makeup. However, as I got older I noticed that the Neutrogena was very drying to my poor embattled skin and was actually starting to worsen my skin woes. Since I noticed this change, I've tried a lot of cleansers to calm everything down, and Cetaphil seems to be the best.

Cetaphil seems to be one of the most truly gentle, non-irrritating cleansers I have found. It doesn't dry out my skin one bit, in fact, quite the opposite. It seems to cleanse my face and allow my skin to retain some moisture. It's gotten rid of the dry flaked and seems to have helped somewhat with the breakouts (I'm not sure of this yet, but it's been a week and I haven't noticed my skin getting any worse...). I did remove 1 lippie though, as I felt the same burning sensation as some of the previous reviewers, although it didn't really bother me too much. Also I haven't even tried it to remove makeup, as I cannot imagine it would even make a dent. :o)

Cetaphil might be gentle, but if you read the contents, it's full of chemicals- no wonder my skin was so dry. I'm going back to my natural soap/loofah treatment.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i have super oily skin normally but after retin-a micro transformed my face into a peeling, burning, dry mess i tried this....again. when i used it before i didn't like it for my oily skin b/c it left my skin feeling oily! now however, it leaves my skin soft and supple and when used with the lotion, all the dryness and burning has disappeared and my skin is glowing. however, it doesn't remove eye makeup too well so it loses a lippie for that.

Video Reviews & Tutorials