Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

it leaves a nice clean feeling but just isn't enough for my skin. does a good job though

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

THis product is very mild which is good for my very very sensitive dry dry dry skin. And it does leave a thin flim of emollients that help nourish my dry skin. However, it DOES NOT CLEAN my makeup off. Especially my eye makeup. Arrgghhhhh....

on 10/28/2003 10:11:00 PM

This product didn't work for me. I don't know what all the hype is about. It didn't work the "miracle" it was supposed to in clearing up my skin. Much too mild for those with more than one little bump on the chin, IMHO. But I guess if you have perfect skin, this would be a decent cleanser.

on 10/28/2003 10:28:00 AM

This broke me out like no other product ever has, I can't believe celebrity derm P. Wexler always recommends this! Also, I had the same experience as the other reviewer who said that it burned her face. Does the opposite of clean, doesn't remove eye makeup, burns!

I really love this product because it is gentle. When your face needs a break this and it is tired of being "chemicalized" and exfoliated, this is the way to go. I really like that it is non irritating to the eyes so when you wash your face, you don't have to worry about it getting in your eyes. You can use it even without water. I prefer it with but still. This is a great choice!

on 10/28/2003 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Okay, first of all, I wish I had one with a pump, the bottle is kinda a pain in the arse.
It CLAIMS to take off makeup, but I still have to take it off before I wash with this. ESPECIALLY eye make up. That being said, I kinda have a love hate relationship with it.
I love it because I love the idea of it being so gentle (I have oily, acne prone skin), and this was recomended by my derm, but do I listen? No, I didn't discover this until I went home and had to use it (my sister is a fan), needless to say, I stole the bottle from her.
I dont like how it leaves a residue, but I guess thats how it moisturizes and conditions the skin.
Honestly, it would be great if I didn't wear make up. I use it twice a day, and prefer the benefits of it in the morning (sans makeup). Wakes me up, nice and creamy. I like that it has no fragrance. Not sure if I would by it agian. Probally, I like this better than SpectroGel (now THAT leaves a film!). Anyway, if it had a pump and took off makeup then I would give it 5 lippies, but since it doesn't, I only give it a 3.

on 10/27/2003 2:42:00 PM

I LOVE this cleanser. It is so gentle on my skin. I read the poor reviews others have given and I think it is because they are used to cleansers that "suds". Rub this on like lotion and use a wash cloth and gently rub it all off.
Update 1/27/04 - bought the Walmart version of this product and it wasn't as good. Stick with the brand name on this one! Also, makes a nice scrub mixed with baking soda.

on 10/24/2003 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was my cleanser for a long time. I'm more into an experimenting mood now. I love this cleanser. It's gentle, it cleanses and it leaves your skin soft and dewy. Very good for sensitive skin.

on 10/23/2003 6:47:00 PM

I tried this stuff a few years ago after reading rave reviews in all sorts of magazines. I'm still scarred from the experience. Nothing has ever broken me out as badly as this atrocity. Seems to work wonders for other people, though.

on 10/12/2003 7:33:00 PM

Not the best cleanser, it's just so plain...good for morning or mid-day cleansing. Great for fixing your mascara when you have an "accident". I have also used it to help take off make-up. Mix with baking soda = homemade scrub which is gentle and really exfoliates without irritation. I've gone through one whole bottle of Cetaphil and I like it, but I don't use it all the time. Just when I need extremely gentle cleansing.