July 30, 2014 | 1404 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2003 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Lambchop1219

I don't see how this product could clean anyone's face, considering the tacky, waxy film it leaves behind. I do not wear a lot of makeup and not only did the makeup remain on my face, but I had this nasty layer of Cetaphil leftover when I was done rinsing for FIVE MINUTES. Plus it made me break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2003 10:25:00 AM More reviews by CattenCri

I think Cetaphil is probably a HG cleanser for those with dry, sensitive skin, but not too effective on combo/oily skin.

A good cleanser if your skin is particularly dry or sensitive (during winter, after using a more harsh cleanser), but I wouldn't use it day in, day out for my combo skin, only occasionally.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2003 4:39:00 PM More reviews by oceankid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After my first chemical peel, my plastic surgeon advised me to use this product. I wanted to know how I was going to wash it off my face completely since I was not allowed to rub, or really touch my skin at all. He said the reason he suggested this product to all his patients was that you need not remove all of the product after you rinsed your face, it will keep your face from drying out and it will not irritate the new skin comming through from the peel. I continue to use this to this day, even though I have tried everyones facial cleansers, regardless of the cost, I keep going back to this product. If it is good for the new skin comming through from a chemical peel, then it must be very gentle for everyday skin on the face. I only wish they made a pump package, it would make it easier to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2003 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Imanaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is not the prettiest bottle but the BEST for my skin. I have combination skin that dries up if I use overly harsh skincare. This cleans my skin and leaves it super soft. It works for shaving my legs and even as an impromptu moisturizer. Classic staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2003 10:53:00 AM More reviews by s2kmadam

I really like this cleanser. I used to use products with harsher ingredients, and I would break out often. But ever since I have been using cetaphil, I rarely have a pimple and my skin is sooo soft. It's inexpensive too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2003 6:28:00 PM More reviews by glamrgrl1480

I will always love Cetaphil (I prefer the bar because it lasts the longest). It's not fancy, but it does the job. It manages to get all of my makeup off without drying my skin. I try the more expensive, more glamorous products but always come back it. It is basic skincare at it's best ranging from young oily skin to the more mature. What makes the difference is what follows (toner, moisturizer, etc.) Try using the lotion cleanser mixed with baking soda, it works as a great exfoliator! I know that doesn't sound very exciting, but just try it once, it leaves your skin feeling wonderful. They should come up with some fancy packaging and marketing like BeneFit and at least this product would be worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2003 1:38:00 PM More reviews by chibi0114

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

this product is very gentle on my dry skin and did not dry it out at all. However, I was not satisfied by the cleansing power either. Although it washed off the oil on the surface of my face, I felt that it did not do a great job of deep cleansing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2003 1:22:00 AM More reviews by moochie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser works very well on my super sensitive skin. I just wish it felt less like a lotion, but I guess the ingredients just combine that way.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2003 1:17:00 AM More reviews by lolligirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good morning cleanser. Leaves my skin feeling relatively clean. I wouldn't reccomend that this cleanser be used to remove make up such as foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2003 12:51:00 AM More reviews by sarahsmiles

I love this product. Cetophil cleanser is my HG face wash the price is right and it's non irritating. Very surprized by the low raitings here