Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 10/6/2003 8:28:00 PM

I love this product. I used it for awhile last year but then switched to other products and I have no idea why I ever stopped using it. I break out randomly and I use an acne medication afterwards and it gives me clear skin all the time. After using it at night I always wake up with soft, smooth skin. I absolutely love it and will continue to use it for a long time.

on 10/6/2003 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! I have tried so many cleansers. They're either way to expensive for me to keep buying, or they make my sensitive skin break out or dry up. I have been using Cetaphil for years, and I am to the point where there are very few products anymore that will tempt me away from my beloved Cetaphil.

I soooo wanted this product to work for me. Unfortunately, although I think it does a fine job cleaning, it left me feeling like I have a greasy film on my face afterwards, which I certainly don't need since I'm oily enough as it is! I think this might work well for someone who has dry, thirsty skin...but oily/combo gals beware.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried this long ago, and I tried to like this because Paula Begoun said to. Well, Paula, bite me. I don't like it a bit. It doesn't remove makeup, it doesn't make leave skin feeling clean, it doesn't gently exfoliate, it doesn't lather. Bleah!

on 10/5/2003 3:05:00 AM

i don't feel anything when i use this cleanser... my skin does not feel clean, my skin does not feel softer, smoother...NOTHING!! yuck. i prefer gentle foaming cleansers. for something so small and does absolutely nothing... this is quite expensive. i discontinued using it bec i think it even made me break out... :(

on 10/4/2003 8:00:00 PM

I've been using this for years. I have combo skin so this was the answer for me -- so gentle and yet it really works. It took a little while to be okay with a cleanser that doesn't foam, so I couldn't tell if it was working or not, but based on my soft skin AND reduced breakouts, i think it's working. I just feel like I'm being nice to my skin when I use this. I dunno what I'll do when they discontinue this (if they ever do).

on 10/4/2003 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Most of you people are saying"I dont like it ,I don't like it." Guess what "I Don't Like it either."But i did give it a four because my granny uses the lotion and face wash on her soriasis....or however you spell it.It works good for that.But as for a facial cleanser it doesnt foam,doesnt remove makup,doesnt foam,and is way to expensive for the tiny bottle.

on 10/3/2003 6:11:00 PM

An absolute staple in my home. Perfect for the gorgeously unmangled skin of my babies and great as my a.m. (or p.m. if there's no makeup removal involved) cleanser. I'd give it a 5 if it could remove makeup but it just can't. I buy this by the jug at my local warehouse store.

on 10/3/2003 5:42:00 PM

Mediocore! And I don't care what the magazines are saying! I like Neutrogena Gentle cleanser better (or Yonka Gel Nettoyant if you want to splurge)! This smells lousy, doesn't foam, feels too creamy to be a cleanser, and has lame packaging. My skin doesn't even feel that clean when I am done. Don't believe the hype - stay away!

I love this cleanser!! Its very very very gentle and has no fragance and is effective in cleansing my skin in the fall/winter time it makes my skin really silky and smooth :). Its also good to add to scrubs to make a nice silky finish :).