January 31, 2015 | 1019 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2003 1:34:00 PM More reviews by trish575

My boyfriend introduced my to this cleanser, which has now become my all-time favourite. This cleanser is very gentle and works best for those with dry, sensitive skin or those who wear little makeup. I find it a little too moisturizing in the summer months (which in Toronto is basically Jun-Aug). I always use a toner right after cleansing, and between the two, all traces of dirt seem to disappear. It is also great for washing ears and belly buttons.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2003 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ashersmom

This is an okay cleanser. One reviewer said you have to use it with a washcloth to really clean your skin, which is true--however, i prefer not to use a washcloth on my skin. It is probably best for very dry skin, and for those who are not sensitive to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. Since i'm allergic to that ingredient, i can't use it anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2003 5:37:00 PM More reviews by lillet

All the raves from magazines and doctors have made me buy this not once but several times. I will eagerly try it, want it to be my HG cleanser, and then break out after three days. At that point, I swear to never use it again and throw it away. But then I read article after article about its wonders and its cheapness, and I think, I must have been wrong. So a year late, I buy another bottle and break out again. I just don't get why it doesn't work for me. My combination skin usually thrives on very gentle cleansers. Maybe it just doesn't clean my face enough or my skin won't tolerate the SLS, not sure which, but I won't I will ever buy again...I promise.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2003 5:39:00 PM More reviews by endlessmike

I don't use this product as a cleanser because it doesn't make my face feel clean (even though it may actually be cleaning it). however, used sparingly it is a good moisturizer. so if you are unsatisfied with it as a cleanser, perhaps you can still get your money's worth.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2003 10:59:00 AM More reviews by joanabigail

I originally tried the Cetaphil soap bar and my face broke out. Since I have switched to the skin cleanser my face has cleared up. I have very difficult skin, combination- oily skin, very prone to breakouts. I think the tip is really to use a washcloth to get the makeup off.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2003 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Jeansplease

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so glad I found this site! I took a look at the most reviewed items and decided to try the cleanser at the top of the list. A little hard to come by here, but I managed. I, too, had a hard time believing that a cream could cleanse very well and it says on the bottle that it 'leaves an emollient film'. But if it comes so highly recommended by the dermatologists, ..... I have to say, I'm delighted. I'm using it with a wet washcloth. It's really working well for me. I feel as if now I can clean my face as often as necessary without running the risk of drying it out. I also don't think I'll need to take night time moisturizers with me on trips. This emollient film should suffice. I hope this review will be as helpful to others as other reviews here have been to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2003 2:11:00 AM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

the big difference between it working well, and it working great is using a washcloth! use it! it really helps. ::::::::::: UPDATE::: After a few months of use I started getting irratation on my skin because of having to use the washcloth so much to get the make up to come off... Also, i think i started having a reaction to the lauryl sulfates? anyways....i switched to PONDS cold cream and my skin is feeling better for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2003 1:11:00 PM More reviews by ballinbebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I like how gentle the cleaser is, the consistency of the gel and lather is great. As others mentioned, it's not the greatest for makeup removal but a repeat wash or face cloth/gentle astringent helps. I'm not a huge fan of packaging, but thats the least of my worries

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2003 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Smilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Another makeup artist's favorite...sigh (see my comments about Maybelline's "Great Lash" mascara). This is a decent, but not great, product. It does NOT remove makeup well. The only time I use it is in the morning, during winter, when my skin is dry. Otherwise it leaves my face feeling a little greasy. My husband likes it and doesn't wash his face with anything else--he says he likes it because it DOESN'T make his face feel greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2003 3:45:00 AM More reviews by junior_k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is always recommended everywhere, my friend swears by it too, and she had the best skin. Plus dermatologists recommend it. But it didn't do anything for me. Maybe it's just not right for my skin (combination skin, but very oily t-zone). Yes, it made my skin feel softer, but I kept breaking out. I thought it must be something else, but after I stopped using it, the acne and cysts stopped, but then after trying again, got more acne. I actually even thought that maybe it was some kind of "conspiracy" from the dermatologists, they recommend you to use it, so you'll be filing back into their office for their expensive treatments. I wouldn't personally buy this again, but my friend stocks up and it works great for her (she has combination skin too, but not as oily as mine)