August 23, 2014 | 1160 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2003 4:44:00 AM More reviews by 405hung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No Offense, but this cetaphil cleanser ISN'T REALLY designed for people who are not on any of harsh acne medications like Tretinoin ( Retin-A, Renova), BHA/AHA, Benzoyl Peroxide..etc. Even I when used Differin(chemical form of tretinoin but much less irritating than Tretionin and PC's BHA )I still hate Cetaphil cleanser! I totally understand people who have sensitive/dry( but somehwat healthy)skin find this cleanser horrible, as it always leaves a film after washing. Needless to say those people who have normal/combination skin--they might never be sure whether their face is clean after many time washing. Another thing is IT DOESN'T REALLY REMOVE MAKEUP. The claim on the bottle is very misleading. For people who prefer this type mild, water soluble, but still want a *clean feeling* after washing their face , Spectro Jel/Derm ( only available in Canada's drugstore) could be one their options. It doesn't contains Sodium Lauryl sulface and also anti-biotic. They come in different sizes and are also cheaper than Cetaphil.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2003 3:40:00 AM More reviews by VonLeuschner

My skin is sensitive to many things, so I thought that I would try this cleanser as most Dermatologists recomend this for sensitive skin. Firstly, it seems to clean very well, infact, too well, my skin "squeaked" after I rinsed the cleanser off. Nevertheless it worked well for a few days and then my skin slowly became irritated and red. I stopped using Cetaphil and went back to my Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser and my skin calmed down again.......I gave it one more go, and the same thing happened....I'm using it up as a shower gel now.....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2003 10:43:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with xen02 and the others who conclude that this is so boring in its aesthetics and not so great at cleaning. Highly over-
rated imo.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by xen02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this really unsatisfying and dull. It just doesn't feel like it's really _cleaning_. I always felt I had to use toner afterwards to make my skin feel refreshed and properly cleansed.

Also, everything about it is so bland and boring! You just know it isn't going to do anything special for your skin; it's so _basic_. I guess it's something to try if you have really sensitive skin, but otherwise, skip it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2003 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Aphrael813

Absolutely hated it ... did not clean well and left a film. I think I broke out from having makeup left on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2003 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Mkim

I think this is only for people with dry or sensitive skin.
It did not clean my skin and left traces of make-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2003 12:24:00 AM More reviews by sherina614

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am 43 with normal/dry skin and I love this cleanser. Granted it is not the best at removing makeup, but like the other ladies have suggested, I use it *after* using a cleanser meant for makeup removal and it leaves my skin soft and calm. I also use it alone in the morning and it is the perfect gentle cleanser. Not fancy, not expensive, it just works. Loses a lippie for ho-hum packaging that lacks a pump dispenser. Best for dry and/or sensitive types.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2003 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Lissa2677

Everyone is every magazine ranted and rave about this cleanser. Give me a break it was awlful it did nothing for my skin but make it look awlful. I hated this cleanser, I do not care a how much money you save it was not even worth a dime to me. I hope it truely does work for some people. I wish I could have given it 0 lipsitcks.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2003 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Starladee

I feel like I've missed the boat on this one- I hear the rave reviews but I hate it! it does absolutely nothing for my skin. I have the opposite to sensitive skin and I need my cleanser to make my skin clean! yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2003 3:56:00 AM More reviews by melbell_au

Cetaphil cleanser is very gentle on the skin.
It is usually recommended for dry/sensitive skin.I have combination skin and it works great.It definitly does not irritate the skin.
It does not take off makeup well so either use it in the morning.Or use some cleansing wipes first then use it.Thats what i do & it seems to work fine.
It makes the skin feel soft afterwards.