September 23, 2014 | 1815 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2003 5:14:00 AM More reviews by appleqn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a cleanser after the Johnson & Johnson one dried my skin out during winter and bought it based on a lot of recommendations. I'm pleasently surprised with the quality of this product and the price is definitely a bargain. It doesn't remove makeup well so I use a makeup remover before it if I'm wearing heavy makeup but it certainly does leave my skin really soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2003 9:49:00 AM More reviews by wombat

Yes I'll buy this again (just bought 500ml bottle after I used up my 125ml travel sized bottle).

It's about $8AUD for 125ml bottle, $16AUD for 500ml. VERY cheap.

I had a bad reaction to it and totally clogged more pores when I first used this. Then I realised because it's such a mild product, you should really only use it in the morning or the days that you have really clean face already. I wouldn't recommend using this after you used your makeup remover, it won't take the residue off.

I use it about once a day in the morning if I didn't use some sort of treatment on my face the previous night (e.g. clarins lotus oil), at night time I'd use a foaming cleanser. I sometimes use this throughout the day when I sometimes wash my face one additional time. Very mild, think of it as something that cleans only a bit better than water.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2003 3:18:00 PM More reviews by pinky0710

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser only works if you have DRY/SENSITIVE skin, and doesn't wear a lot of make up. I first used this 7 years ago when my skin was oilier and hate it.
Now that I'm in my 30's, my skin changes and it gets drier, and I remember this cleanser, and now I love it! I only use this when I don't wear make up, because it doesn't remove foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2003 11:24:00 PM More reviews by flyingsnow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i don't understand what the fuss is about this cleanser! it didn't get my skin clean, it left a nasty film on my face and it made me break out! it made me feel really greasy. but i gave it two lipsticks b/c it's ok when u use it without water for a quick cleaning. but i prolly won't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2003 2:08:00 AM More reviews by MakeupArteest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Highly overated,unless you are Extremley oily..Like Purpose or Basis better,not as drying or irritating.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2003 4:44:00 AM More reviews by 405hung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

No Offense, but this cetaphil cleanser ISN'T REALLY designed for people who are not on any of harsh acne medications like Tretinoin ( Retin-A, Renova), BHA/AHA, Benzoyl Peroxide..etc. Even I when used Differin(chemical form of tretinoin but much less irritating than Tretionin and PC's BHA )I still hate Cetaphil cleanser! I totally understand people who have sensitive/dry( but somehwat healthy)skin find this cleanser horrible, as it always leaves a film after washing. Needless to say those people who have normal/combination skin--they might never be sure whether their face is clean after many time washing. Another thing is IT DOESN'T REALLY REMOVE MAKEUP. The claim on the bottle is very misleading. For people who prefer this type mild, water soluble, but still want a *clean feeling* after washing their face , Spectro Jel/Derm ( only available in Canada's drugstore) could be one their options. It doesn't contains Sodium Lauryl sulface and also anti-biotic. They come in different sizes and are also cheaper than Cetaphil.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2003 3:40:00 AM More reviews by VonLeuschner

My skin is sensitive to many things, so I thought that I would try this cleanser as most Dermatologists recomend this for sensitive skin. Firstly, it seems to clean very well, infact, too well, my skin "squeaked" after I rinsed the cleanser off. Nevertheless it worked well for a few days and then my skin slowly became irritated and red. I stopped using Cetaphil and went back to my Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Cleanser and my skin calmed down again.......I gave it one more go, and the same thing happened....I'm using it up as a shower gel now.....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2003 10:43:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with xen02 and the others who conclude that this is so boring in its aesthetics and not so great at cleaning. Highly over-
rated imo.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by xen02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this really unsatisfying and dull. It just doesn't feel like it's really _cleaning_. I always felt I had to use toner afterwards to make my skin feel refreshed and properly cleansed.

Also, everything about it is so bland and boring! You just know it isn't going to do anything special for your skin; it's so _basic_. I guess it's something to try if you have really sensitive skin, but otherwise, skip it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2003 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Aphrael813

Absolutely hated it ... did not clean well and left a film. I think I broke out from having makeup left on my skin.