December 22, 2014 | 871 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2003 2:09:00 PM More reviews by chopstix888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is a good and simple cleanser IF you don't have oily skin and aren't trying to remove makeup. because of these reasons, i use it only in the mornings when i wake up. at other times, it is not strong enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2003 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Violeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First a big rant : I am sick and tired of that people that used this cleanser ONCE in their life to come and right 10 rants just because they feel so. I feel that it is not right for the people that come here to read the reviews and to get an idea about this product.

As for the cleanser, from all the cleansers that I have used this is the only one that doesn’t dry my skin at all. I have seen a difference though when I went on vacation and the water was different, so maybe a lot of you out there have a type of water that just doesn’t cut it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2003 4:48:00 PM More reviews by grenadine_00

Indeed, gentle AM cleanser, particularly after nightly Retin-A/AHAs. Had tried this dermatologists' darling in my late be-pimpled teens without success as it only exacerbated acne. However, years later, works well for my sensitive/combo skin - simple, non-drying, soothing. Not a make-up remover, hence AM. I do rinse, however, as the thought of leaving cleanser on my skin is distinctly unpalatable. So, give it another try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2003 2:04:00 PM More reviews by kimk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used this for years, and it's great stuff IF you're not trying to take off makeup with it. Then it stinks. It's a perfect AM cleanser, or just to refresh your face if you're not wearing makeup. It rinses cleanly, and leaves my face soft! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2003 9:02:00 PM More reviews by angel_eyed_lass

I have used products ranging from Neutrogena Oil Free Cleanser in both gel and cream cleanser form to Erno Lazlo black mud bar over the years. What I never realized after all of the money I wasted on products was how sensitive my acnegenic skin was. After over eight years of dealing with my skin I found my HOlY GRAIL cleanser. Cetaphil is amazing! I never thought it could clean my heavy makeup off my face, however it does. One thing to note: remember to use an fragrance free baby wipes if you find your make-up is too stubborn. Cetaphil does not remove my eye make-up so I use the baby wipes prior to washing my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2003 2:07:00 AM More reviews by sheerhea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this on my Baby's face. I started using this on her when small red spots appeared on her face. Upon using it, I noticed that it began to vanish, until her face became very clear and spotless. It has the same ingredients as that of our dermatologist's handmade cleanser. I likewise use this but not regularly. I really am amazed at its cleansing ability.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2003 12:25:00 AM More reviews by brea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love Cetaphil cleanser. Dermatologists recommend it, makeup artists recommend it, everybody who knows anything about skin care recommend it! While it doesn't make my skin feel super clean (you know how some cleansers make your skin feel tingly clean?) the results are so fantastic that I don't mind that the purely fictional clean feeling of most cleansers are not included. It may not feel like your makeup is coming off but try it for awhile, and you'll see that it's a fantastic cleanser AND makeup remover. And Laru, it does come in pump form to make it easier to use. It's great to just keep in the shower.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2003 4:56:00 AM More reviews by laru

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Starting from the beginning. I don't like the fact that you have to turn the whole bottle upside down to squeeze some out. They should make it in pump form or something. Secondly, it did absolutely nothing for my skin. It felt super greasy while I was washing, and it didn't like..foam or anything, no bubbles at all. It felt like rubbing lard on my face or something. And then afterwards I wiped my face off and there was still all this nasty greasy residue. I did not enjoy this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2003 1:22:00 AM More reviews by cdid

I think it helps in clearing up my face. My sister seems to notice it. I still get pimples now and then due to my period but it clear up pretty quick. 4 lippies only because i need to be really sure. I've only used it for about a month. Could become my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2003 2:18:00 AM More reviews by ClassyChicka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

worst cleanser i ever used . it doesn't cleanse it just sinks on your skin and does nothing beneficial. why conitnue with this crap!!