Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/5/2003 2:08:00 PM

The reason I really like this cleanser is because I know it isn't doing anything harmful to my face. I love the fact that it is fragrance free and gentle. I don't wear a lot of makeup on my face or my eyes so I don't have a problem with this product not removing it but I could see how it would be a problem for some people. I can use this year round and it is so affordable!

on 11/4/2003 5:19:00 PM

I find that this is one of the only products I can use on my skin. I ma a bit frustrated that is doesn't take off all my makeup (mostly on my nose - the makeup congeals there -ew) but it is gentle on my rosacea/sensitive/acne prone skin which is more than I can say for anything else I've tried. It doesn't make me flare/breakout so I'm pleased. I tried the oily skin version and I broke out and flared madly. So, only the sensitive skin formula for me. Also, I tried the moisurizer for sensitive skin - I'M HIGHLY ALLERGIC TO IT. Good lord, did I suffer for using that! Could be the sunscreen in it, not sure. But the sensitive skin facewash is my friend.

on 11/4/2003 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

My daughter's doctor had recommended this over a year ago for her sensative skin. I started using it because of MUA and it does work well. Nothing spectacular but it doesn break me out which I guess is a really good thing! =o)

on 11/4/2003 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I can see this product working for some people... but for me - NO, not at all.
I wear make-up and this stuff does a terrible job (if any job at all) at removing the makeup.
Also, I found that this stuff actually breaks my face out!! And it breaks it out bad... Could it be from the light film that it leaves on my face? Probably. So, if you don't wear make-up, you're not prone to breakouts and if your skin tends to be on the dry side, I recommend this product. Otherwise, don't waste your money. Edit: If you want something similar to Cetaphil, but something that does not leave a film, and washes off ALL makeup (including eye MU), as well as leaves your skin soft and subtle - please try Alpha Hydrox brand, foaming face wash.... it's the best!

on 11/3/2003 8:39:00 PM

This is a nice, gentle cleanser. It's great for sensitive skin like mine, particularly if it's dry. It's fairly good at removing eye makeup as well. It doesn't foam very well, so I have switched to Purpose's foaming cleanser, which is also great for sensitive skin. I don't use this anymore, but I would go back to Cetaphil if Purpose was discontinued.

on 11/3/2003 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

It didn't clean my face at all. I still felt very oily on my face.

I buy the CVS brand which has the same ingredients. I use it every night to remove makeup, but I do not use water. I put it on and wipe it off with tissues. I have dry-ish skin so I like that it leaves the film on my face. My skin is soft in the morning.

it leaves a nice clean feeling but just isn't enough for my skin. does a good job though

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

THis product is very mild which is good for my very very sensitive dry dry dry skin. And it does leave a thin flim of emollients that help nourish my dry skin. However, it DOES NOT CLEAN my makeup off. Especially my eye makeup. Arrgghhhhh....

on 10/28/2003 10:11:00 PM

This product didn't work for me. I don't know what all the hype is about. It didn't work the "miracle" it was supposed to in clearing up my skin. Much too mild for those with more than one little bump on the chin, IMHO. But I guess if you have perfect skin, this would be a decent cleanser.