July 29, 2014 | 1520 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2003 10:43:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with xen02 and the others who conclude that this is so boring in its aesthetics and not so great at cleaning. Highly over-
rated imo.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by xen02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this really unsatisfying and dull. It just doesn't feel like it's really _cleaning_. I always felt I had to use toner afterwards to make my skin feel refreshed and properly cleansed.

Also, everything about it is so bland and boring! You just know it isn't going to do anything special for your skin; it's so _basic_. I guess it's something to try if you have really sensitive skin, but otherwise, skip it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2003 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Aphrael813

Absolutely hated it ... did not clean well and left a film. I think I broke out from having makeup left on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2003 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Mkim

I think this is only for people with dry or sensitive skin.
It did not clean my skin and left traces of make-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2003 12:24:00 AM More reviews by sherina614

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am 43 with normal/dry skin and I love this cleanser. Granted it is not the best at removing makeup, but like the other ladies have suggested, I use it *after* using a cleanser meant for makeup removal and it leaves my skin soft and calm. I also use it alone in the morning and it is the perfect gentle cleanser. Not fancy, not expensive, it just works. Loses a lippie for ho-hum packaging that lacks a pump dispenser. Best for dry and/or sensitive types.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2003 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Lissa2677

Everyone is every magazine ranted and rave about this cleanser. Give me a break it was awlful it did nothing for my skin but make it look awlful. I hated this cleanser, I do not care a how much money you save it was not even worth a dime to me. I hope it truely does work for some people. I wish I could have given it 0 lipsitcks.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2003 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Starladee

I feel like I've missed the boat on this one- I hear the rave reviews but I hate it! it does absolutely nothing for my skin. I have the opposite to sensitive skin and I need my cleanser to make my skin clean! yuck!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2003 3:56:00 AM More reviews by melbell_au

Cetaphil cleanser is very gentle on the skin.
It is usually recommended for dry/sensitive skin.I have combination skin and it works great.It definitly does not irritate the skin.
It does not take off makeup well so either use it in the morning.Or use some cleansing wipes first then use it.Thats what i do & it seems to work fine.
It makes the skin feel soft afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2003 11:18:00 AM More reviews by rakkle99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great, gentle cleanser for combination skin. I used to think that I had to use a harsh cleasner because of my oily patches/zits, but this works really well with no irritation. I do use a washcloth to rinse the cleanser off, and it does a great job of removing makeup with no residue left behind. This is the only product I use to wash my face now. (I have also tried the Wal-Mart generic version of this, which is almost identical but cheaper. It smells a little bit different but that's about it.)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2003 4:08:00 PM More reviews by hobak_squash

I think this stuff is great. It toned down my reddening and zits. My skin hasn't gone completely clear yet but it has done a lot compared to what my skin was before.