Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 10/28/2003 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Okay, first of all, I wish I had one with a pump, the bottle is kinda a pain in the arse.
It CLAIMS to take off makeup, but I still have to take it off before I wash with this. ESPECIALLY eye make up. That being said, I kinda have a love hate relationship with it.
I love it because I love the idea of it being so gentle (I have oily, acne prone skin), and this was recomended by my derm, but do I listen? No, I didn't discover this until I went home and had to use it (my sister is a fan), needless to say, I stole the bottle from her.
I dont like how it leaves a residue, but I guess thats how it moisturizes and conditions the skin.
Honestly, it would be great if I didn't wear make up. I use it twice a day, and prefer the benefits of it in the morning (sans makeup). Wakes me up, nice and creamy. I like that it has no fragrance. Not sure if I would by it agian. Probally, I like this better than SpectroGel (now THAT leaves a film!). Anyway, if it had a pump and took off makeup then I would give it 5 lippies, but since it doesn't, I only give it a 3.

on 10/27/2003 2:42:00 PM

I LOVE this cleanser. It is so gentle on my skin. I read the poor reviews others have given and I think it is because they are used to cleansers that "suds". Rub this on like lotion and use a wash cloth and gently rub it all off.
Update 1/27/04 - bought the Walmart version of this product and it wasn't as good. Stick with the brand name on this one! Also, makes a nice scrub mixed with baking soda.

on 10/24/2003 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was my cleanser for a long time. I'm more into an experimenting mood now. I love this cleanser. It's gentle, it cleanses and it leaves your skin soft and dewy. Very good for sensitive skin.

on 10/23/2003 6:47:00 PM

I tried this stuff a few years ago after reading rave reviews in all sorts of magazines. I'm still scarred from the experience. Nothing has ever broken me out as badly as this atrocity. Seems to work wonders for other people, though.

on 10/12/2003 7:33:00 PM

Not the best cleanser, it's just so plain...good for morning or mid-day cleansing. Great for fixing your mascara when you have an "accident". I have also used it to help take off make-up. Mix with baking soda = homemade scrub which is gentle and really exfoliates without irritation. I've gone through one whole bottle of Cetaphil and I like it, but I don't use it all the time. Just when I need extremely gentle cleansing.

on 10/11/2003 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Too much hype on this one. I dont like it, it did leave a residual feeling on my skin. And my skin is oily (it said its great for all types of skin), but it made it oilier. I think this would be good for sensitive or dry skin. If you have oily, combination

on 10/10/2003 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Said its for all skin types but it made my normalish skin way to oily and didnt leave a nice clean feeling either. Only thing its good for is taking foundation off w/o the use of harsh water.

on 10/11/2003 9:43:00 PM

I think this is a good cleanser to use in the mornings. However, it's not strong enough to remove my makeup. The price isn't bad and I usually try to purchase the generic version at Walmart for half the price.

on 10/13/2003 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have sensitve/dry skin and while it didn't dry out my face, it didn't do much for it. I hate the smell too. It smells like hairspray to me. It didn't make me break out at all but I just don't think it's that great.

on 10/10/2003 3:02:00 AM

Hate it! I tried it b/c my friend uses it and likes it. It doesn't feel like it's cleaning my face. It also leaves a filmy residue afterwards that is very annoying.