Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 11/17/2003 8:56:00 AM

I wasn't used to low lather, scentless cleanser at first so I was pretty reluctant to try this. The price is pretty alright, I got a whole big pump bottle for SGD15+ so I'm not complaining. :) I've only used this for like 4 days now, but it's already helping to clear some of my zits, I just cleanse my skin with this and use TBS TeaTree Oil blemish stick afterwards, and my zits are dried out pretty nicely.

on 11/17/2003 3:17:00 AM

Very gentle cleanser. So gentle, you wonder if it's working. I once tried using it with the "wipeoff" method (no water), and that's probably where you'd get the filmy-feel. I had to keep myself from rinsing my face with water. I don't think it helped or hurt my skin one way or another.

Excellent basic cleanser for my sensitive/normal skin. Does not leave an oily emollient film, and it's affordable as you get one huge bottle for under ten bucks! Sometimes I mix with a lil baking soda and use the paste to exfoilate. Works wonders! A definite repurchase =)

It's not great with removing makeup but I use this to clease my face. This helped my face become smoother and it decreased the number of breakouts.

on 11/15/2003 9:28:00 PM

My skin has become extremely sensitive now that I am over 30. I always use an eye makeup remover before I cleanse with Cetaphil because it does not do a great job removing eyeliner and mascara. But, otherwise, it is a great product. I break out if I use anything else. That makes me buy this over and over again.

on 11/15/2003 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

*ducks*...i really wanted to like this considering that everybody else in the whole entire world does...but it was a distaster for me. This would have to be the worst product i've ever used...can't beleive i'm saying that considering everyone elses view, but it is. I have acne-prone skin that is very sensitive so acne products never ever work for me. My skin clears up best with products that do not strip your skin, clog pores and are gentle and non-irritating. Checking the sage.com form acne-causing ingrediants, the second listed ingrediant has a rating of 3 which is i think the reason why this did not work. So as a gentle cleanser, this is not gentle at all. I broke out terribly, my skin didn't feel good and it basically just stripped me skin. uck, took ages to clear up too. So yeah, don't buy if you want a really gentle, non-irritating product.

on 11/14/2003 1:53:00 PM

This stuff is great but I prefer to use something else at night to remove make up. It's great as a morning cleanser. It won't make your skin feel tight or anything.I dont know what people say when it leaves a film on your face. Could it be you didnt rinse enough? Warning: If you prefer cleansers that lather then no wonder you will hate this because it doesn't

on 11/13/2003 3:32:00 AM

Removes mascara very quickly, and works okay in removing makeup. My skin is pale and combo (few cystic type of breakouts around the jaw area) if I use it too much when my skin is clear it can over dry me and it will cause the skin around the eye area to become painful and reddish. Personally, I cannot use it when I am using Retin-A or Differin a few times through the year as it BURNS my skin. I think it is a bit overpriced. I will not buy again since I don’t like what it does to my eye area. The only cleanser that doesn’t burn my skin when I’m on these acne meds and removes mascara and makeup well is Neutrogena’s Fresh Foaming Cleanser w/ a clean washcloth works perfect (even Neutrogena’s extra gentle cream cleanser burns my face).

on 11/12/2003 9:58:00 PM

this stuff is horrible, all the chemicals are not good for your skin, try more natural products from aubrey organics, or carol's daughter and your skin will improve 10 fold.

on 11/12/2003 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Cetaphil honestly does nothing for your skin but cover it with a fine film that you can feel after you wash it. For all of you who are tempted to try it, save your energy and try something else that works. I've switched over to MD Forte Facial Cleanser II and I've had results in two days. Cetaphil does nothing to relieve pore congestion or help your skin. Stay away from this cleanser unless you want to waste your money and feel depressed about your skin!