August 30, 2014 | 971 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2003 2:30:00 AM More reviews by iamabadfishtoo

I've acne prone asian skin and I've been using this cleanser for almost about 5 years now and it did not give me any problems. After 5 years it gets boring so I usually try different products here and there but always end with Cetaphil. I have a very oily Tzone but even if i just tissue off this product before sleeping it doesnt cause my skin to be oilier or cause breakouts. I think this product helps maintain the integrity of the natural flora of the skin preventing further irritation. This definitely is my HG!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2003 10:48:00 AM More reviews by hollywood

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate--repeat hate--this cleanser! I still do not understand how it receives all the raves and recommendations from dermatologists. I rinse and rinse and I still feel as though I have this nasty film on my skin. It does a terrible job of removing make-up. I threw this right into the trash. Yecch!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2003 10:07:00 AM More reviews by shirfene

I have high expectations on this cleanser that I end up buying the 1 litre pump pack (au$23.95) after hearing all the raves. So, I agree that if you have dry skin/sensitive skin, this is your best option. For my combination skin, its way too gentle that I doubt it cleanse at all. I'm not repurchasing this anymore as its definitely not for my skin type (even though it says 'for all skin types' ).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2003 1:08:00 AM More reviews by skkelber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried many, many cleansers, and I always come back to the tried and true. My skin is so easily irritated by everything, but when I return to Cetaphil cleanser and cream, things calm down quickly. I do wish it made my skin feel cleaner, though. However, with a couple of shakes of baking soda added to a squirt, you've also got gentle, easy exfoliation, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2003 6:54:00 AM More reviews by ellouise_r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reccommended by my dermatologist, does not leave skin dry. Cheap! The best cleanser I have ever had

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2003 5:14:00 AM More reviews by appleqn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a cleanser after the Johnson & Johnson one dried my skin out during winter and bought it based on a lot of recommendations. I'm pleasently surprised with the quality of this product and the price is definitely a bargain. It doesn't remove makeup well so I use a makeup remover before it if I'm wearing heavy makeup but it certainly does leave my skin really soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2003 9:49:00 AM More reviews by wombat

Yes I'll buy this again (just bought 500ml bottle after I used up my 125ml travel sized bottle).

It's about $8AUD for 125ml bottle, $16AUD for 500ml. VERY cheap.

I had a bad reaction to it and totally clogged more pores when I first used this. Then I realised because it's such a mild product, you should really only use it in the morning or the days that you have really clean face already. I wouldn't recommend using this after you used your makeup remover, it won't take the residue off.

I use it about once a day in the morning if I didn't use some sort of treatment on my face the previous night (e.g. clarins lotus oil), at night time I'd use a foaming cleanser. I sometimes use this throughout the day when I sometimes wash my face one additional time. Very mild, think of it as something that cleans only a bit better than water.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2003 3:18:00 PM More reviews by pinky0710

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This cleanser only works if you have DRY/SENSITIVE skin, and doesn't wear a lot of make up. I first used this 7 years ago when my skin was oilier and hate it.
Now that I'm in my 30's, my skin changes and it gets drier, and I remember this cleanser, and now I love it! I only use this when I don't wear make up, because it doesn't remove foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2003 11:24:00 PM More reviews by flyingsnow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i don't understand what the fuss is about this cleanser! it didn't get my skin clean, it left a nasty film on my face and it made me break out! it made me feel really greasy. but i gave it two lipsticks b/c it's ok when u use it without water for a quick cleaning. but i prolly won't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2003 2:08:00 AM More reviews by MakeupArteest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Highly overated,unless you are Extremley oily..Like Purpose or Basis better,not as drying or irritating.