September 23, 2014 | 1799 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2003 2:32:00 AM More reviews by PradaPrincess

I absolutely love this cleanser. It's so gentle and leaves my skin feeling baby soft. I havent had much luck with this removing any makeup so thats why I use this only in the mornings.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2003 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Idea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Paula Begoun's comments: "Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser was once one of the only water-soluble cleansers available that cleaned the face without drying it out or leaving it feeling greasy. Times have changed, and there are now many more alternatives for cleaning the face, but Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser remains a primary option for women with dry, sensitive skin who don't wear much makeup. Unfortunately, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is not very good for removing makeup, but it is very good in the morning or if you wear minimal makeup, and now they have Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser that can be used to remove makeup no matter what your skin type may be!" My addendum:
So now you have it from the horse's mouth! I even remove my makeup with it. Most people use a cleanser and a toner. I put this on, wipe it off with a damp washcloth. The makeup slides right off. Then, instead of toner, I do it again and rinse. I used to wipe the 2nd application off with another washcloth, but after having confirmed that no makeup is left on my skin after the first wipe off, I just decided to rinse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2003 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best! Doesn't dry out my skin and leaves it feeling moist, also great for removing eye makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2003 4:29:00 PM More reviews by pensativa

I hate Cetaphil. Though not quite as bad as some of Neutrogena's facial cleansers, this stuff is horrible, imho. hollywood (see review below) pretty much summed up what I think of Cetaphil. My two cents: Cetaphil leaves a filmy residue on the face after washing, doesn't remove makeup very well, and most importantly, it breaks me out every single time I've used it!
I first bought it in high school after I heard so many recs for it, and how dermatologists rec it, etc. It broke me out then and I hated it. Turned to Sage Facial Shampoo and Paula's Choice One Step Cleanser in the next few years, which are both excellent, if a little pricer. I tried Cetaphil again about a month and ago when I was visiting my parents and did not have any face wash around and voilá, it did the exact same thing. argh! I found out my younger sister had started using it and warned her away from it. I also threw the bottle away.
For the life of me, I cannot figure out why this product is so consistently raved about by dermatologists! Or maybe it's not and that's just Glyderm's PR kicking in. :P continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2003 4:05:00 PM More reviews by MargoAlex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Was very disappointed with this "dermatologist recommended" product. My sensitive, slightly dry skin was angry after using this, and trust me, I really wanted to like this. This was my first crossover face wash, after using high end products for 10 years. I was searching for the cheaper, easy accessable alternative and am proud to say, after much trial and error, I have found it: Olay Sensitive Skin Foaming Wash. How did I ever survive without it?

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2003 2:30:00 AM More reviews by iamabadfishtoo

I've acne prone asian skin and I've been using this cleanser for almost about 5 years now and it did not give me any problems. After 5 years it gets boring so I usually try different products here and there but always end with Cetaphil. I have a very oily Tzone but even if i just tissue off this product before sleeping it doesnt cause my skin to be oilier or cause breakouts. I think this product helps maintain the integrity of the natural flora of the skin preventing further irritation. This definitely is my HG!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2003 10:48:00 AM More reviews by hollywood

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate--repeat hate--this cleanser! I still do not understand how it receives all the raves and recommendations from dermatologists. I rinse and rinse and I still feel as though I have this nasty film on my skin. It does a terrible job of removing make-up. I threw this right into the trash. Yecch!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2003 10:07:00 AM More reviews by shirfene

I have high expectations on this cleanser that I end up buying the 1 litre pump pack (au$23.95) after hearing all the raves. So, I agree that if you have dry skin/sensitive skin, this is your best option. For my combination skin, its way too gentle that I doubt it cleanse at all. I'm not repurchasing this anymore as its definitely not for my skin type (even though it says 'for all skin types' ).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2003 1:08:00 AM More reviews by skkelber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried many, many cleansers, and I always come back to the tried and true. My skin is so easily irritated by everything, but when I return to Cetaphil cleanser and cream, things calm down quickly. I do wish it made my skin feel cleaner, though. However, with a couple of shakes of baking soda added to a squirt, you've also got gentle, easy exfoliation, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2003 6:54:00 AM More reviews by ellouise_r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reccommended by my dermatologist, does not leave skin dry. Cheap! The best cleanser I have ever had