April 21, 2014 | 917 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2003 8:28:00 PM More reviews by westside

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of the most infamous and well-hated or loved products ever. I love it because it does not dry out my skin or smell badly. It's cheap and you can get it anywhere. But Cetaphil does not do a good job of washing off eye makeup or matte foundation. But I love it because it does not irritate my skin; it's something reliable that I can always return to. I've had the same 16 oz. bottle for over five years! What do they put in it?! It still works!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2003 5:34:00 PM More reviews by LABRUJACLAUDIA

I used this product for many years as it was the only thing that would work on my sensitive skin. But I always felt this cream did not completely clean my skin but it was still the best I could find. Around 3 yrs ago I decided to use baby wash as I had run out of cetaphil and my skin felt clean and great, ever since I have been using baby cleanser, any brand of baby cleanser ( but Johnson & Johnson is my favorite ) and it works great. Ladies: stop spending money on skin cleansers and give baby cleanser a try..if it good enough for sensitive new born skin it is good enough for any skin..at least this is my opinion. Everybody who has followed my advise on this have been very happy with the results. I still gave 3 lipsticks to Cetaphil as it is a good product for sensitive skin...but not as good as baby cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2003 6:04:00 PM More reviews by tkonjura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Apparently, this is one of those products that you either love or hate....I love it! I've used it for years in the same way that another MUA'er has noted....every morning, and any evening that I haven't worn a lot of makeup. I have combination to oily skin, so I usually use the "water rinse" method. (However, in the winter when my cheeks are a little bit drier, I can use the "tissue off" as well.) I have NO problems with breakouts from this cleanser, as a matter of fact, I used this to clear me up after my Dove Foaming Face Cloth debaucle. (Don't get me started about that one!) The product is recommended by just about every dermatologist on the planet (the ones that don't recommend it are probably the ones that tell you to wash with Ivory Soap.) An absolute fixture in my bathroom.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2003 1:33:00 PM More reviews by CaraC

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I hated this stuff. It made my skin feel dirtier than when I started washing. Left a nasty, greasy residue. Unless you have dry skin, I cannot see how this stuff works.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2003 12:27:00 PM More reviews by ModChick

I have used this product since high school. It cleared up my acne (which allowed me to get off meds for it) and always gives me a smooth texture. I mainly use it on days I've worn no makeup or in the A.M. It won't exfoliate or remove alot of product off your face, but it's a staple forever in my shower. Use it for face or body when you want a mild/gentle treatment.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2003 12:15:00 AM More reviews by barcelona1684

i am very surprised that every celebrity magazineinterview i have read say they all swear by cetaphil cleanser. this cleanser is horrible it was to greasy, it made me break out, and doesn't even clean your face. don't waste your money its a waste.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2003 8:03:00 PM More reviews by blueroom

First off, the only reason I got this product is because it came in a sample size with a Cetaphil lotion that I bought. I was interested because the bottle says it's moisturizing and that you even don't have to use water (I used water though). YUCK! I didn't like it at all! It left a film on my skin and all clogged up. I'll keep the small bottle for trips and emergencies, but won't be repurchasing...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2003 4:11:00 PM More reviews by ShortMegan

This cleanser sucks at removing makeup. However, I think it makes a great morning cleanser. Tip- it will remove makeup better if you use it on a DRY face- just rub some Cetaphil onto dry skin, massage it in, and rinse. Works pretty well, and won't irritate sensitive (Accutane!) skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2003 7:46:00 PM More reviews by maandusa

i, too, was suckered into this after hearing rave reviews.

i wasn't impressed.

the best way to use this, though, is to mix in a tad of baking soda; the extra "grit" will scrub your skin gently, and it helps rinse away the Cetaphil without leaving the filmy feeling on your face.

still, i doubt i'll ever buy it again. i'm perfectly happy using cocoa butter soap!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2003 1:58:00 PM More reviews by galaxygoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

You know when you go to a store to buy apples and they are super shiny because they are coated with wax to make them look good? You get them home and want to eat one and you can't even wash that wax off. This is what Cetaphil does to me. I don't like that wax on my apples, or the apples of my cheeks.