December 21, 2014 | 1967 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2003 10:59:00 AM More reviews by joanabigail

I originally tried the Cetaphil soap bar and my face broke out. Since I have switched to the skin cleanser my face has cleared up. I have very difficult skin, combination- oily skin, very prone to breakouts. I think the tip is really to use a washcloth to get the makeup off.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2003 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Jeansplease

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so glad I found this site! I took a look at the most reviewed items and decided to try the cleanser at the top of the list. A little hard to come by here, but I managed. I, too, had a hard time believing that a cream could cleanse very well and it says on the bottle that it 'leaves an emollient film'. But if it comes so highly recommended by the dermatologists, ..... I have to say, I'm delighted. I'm using it with a wet washcloth. It's really working well for me. I feel as if now I can clean my face as often as necessary without running the risk of drying it out. I also don't think I'll need to take night time moisturizers with me on trips. This emollient film should suffice. I hope this review will be as helpful to others as other reviews here have been to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2003 2:11:00 AM More reviews by jezseeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

the big difference between it working well, and it working great is using a washcloth! use it! it really helps. ::::::::::: UPDATE::: After a few months of use I started getting irratation on my skin because of having to use the washcloth so much to get the make up to come off... Also, i think i started having a reaction to the lauryl sulfates? anyways....i switched to PONDS cold cream and my skin is feeling better for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2003 1:11:00 PM More reviews by ballinbebe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I like how gentle the cleaser is, the consistency of the gel and lather is great. As others mentioned, it's not the greatest for makeup removal but a repeat wash or face cloth/gentle astringent helps. I'm not a huge fan of packaging, but thats the least of my worries

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2003 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Smilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Another makeup artist's favorite...sigh (see my comments about Maybelline's "Great Lash" mascara). This is a decent, but not great, product. It does NOT remove makeup well. The only time I use it is in the morning, during winter, when my skin is dry. Otherwise it leaves my face feeling a little greasy. My husband likes it and doesn't wash his face with anything else--he says he likes it because it DOESN'T make his face feel greasy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2003 3:45:00 AM More reviews by junior_k

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is always recommended everywhere, my friend swears by it too, and she had the best skin. Plus dermatologists recommend it. But it didn't do anything for me. Maybe it's just not right for my skin (combination skin, but very oily t-zone). Yes, it made my skin feel softer, but I kept breaking out. I thought it must be something else, but after I stopped using it, the acne and cysts stopped, but then after trying again, got more acne. I actually even thought that maybe it was some kind of "conspiracy" from the dermatologists, they recommend you to use it, so you'll be filing back into their office for their expensive treatments. I wouldn't personally buy this again, but my friend stocks up and it works great for her (she has combination skin too, but not as oily as mine)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2003 12:29:00 AM More reviews by SarahKi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Basically this product is good for people who have dry to normal skin, my skin is pretty oily and when I wash my face with it, my face feels even more oilier than it was before I washed it! I personally wouldnt buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2003 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know whether to love this cleanser or not - I give it raves for the minimal ingredients and no dyes/fragrances, so the most sensitive skinned can use this. It's also multipurpose as an all over body wash. However, I don't really like the emollient consistency - it's almost slimy, and my skin doesn't feel totally clean after rinsing unless I use a toner afterwards. This doesn't dissolve makeup too well either - it's better to use some cloth cleansing wipes. I'd only resort to using Cetaphil if there wasn't anything else around the house, - it's just TOO gentle for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2003 3:10:00 PM More reviews by ronitabandita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Here's a trick to get that make-up off with Cetaphil. Before you take a shower, rub cetaphil all over your face, deep down till your face is foamy white. Then just putter around (get undressed, make sure the shower water temp is just right, etc.). Take your shower and towards the end of the shower, rinse off the cetaphil and be sure to use a face cloth. Afterwards, your skin will be baby soft and make-up free. If you have oily skin like I, be sure to use a stronger cleanser 1-2 times a week to remove hidden dirt & oil. Cetaphil is gentle so it prevents breakouts by not introducing foreign chemicals to your face. Think of it as the HMO of face washes. I like it lots.
P.S. Buy the store brand. It's the same thing and cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2003 1:29:00 PM More reviews by mskim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's not very exciting, but it's a necessity for me. My skin's dry and sensitive so this is the best every day skin wash for me. It's a great product, and I will probably use it for the rest of my life. However, I do buy the knock-off drugstore brands instead of the name product because it's cheaper.