Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using Cetaphil consistently for about 3 years. I switch to the Biotherm cleanser with salicylic acid if I'm in a bad break-out phase, but it's Cetaphil 99% of the time.

Though many others say it's best suited for dry skin, I've found it to be a godsend for oily/combo skin. The other cleansers were drying me out so much that my skin ended up making more oil to compensate. With Cetaphil, I get a great balance.

It's cheap, it can be used on the run w/o water (great for travelling and camping!), or can be left on overnight as a moisturizer, or washed clean off with water. Perfect for me!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser...AT first I thought it was too filmy and took a while to get used to a non-lathering cleanser..but now that I am older and my skin is getting drier.I find this is perfect..Plus I am taking roaccutane which is quite drying..so this cleanser is perfect. I wash it off with water though because I don't like leaving the film on my face..

Very soothing...But I can't tell whether my face is fully clean or not so sometimes I end up cleaning my face twice just in case...

This is akin to Aquanil. I use Cetaphil in my "off-Aquanil" months. Great feeling on skin, especially when I'm too lazy to use water...On a no make-up day, I just get a hand towel, pour some Cetaphil on it, lay down and rub my face with it before I fall asleep.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Another review for Cetaphil! I think this cleanser has led to alot of expectations.. like some sort of miracle in a bottle .. PLEASE people don't assume anything or expect so much from a darn cleanser! .. With that said, I started using Cetaphil about 4 months ago as it seemed like a really gentle cleanser that would be perfect for my skin. I use it morning and night religiously. I don't wear make-up much so I don't see a reason to why I should be using a strong cleanser at night. But when I do wear make-up I use a seperate cleanser (Nivea Gentle Cleansing Gel for combo skin). I know this is going to sound wierd, but I only use Cetaphil on my cheeks in the morning and night. At night my forehead gets cleansed with Nivea. For some reason my skin is clearer then ever and evenly toned and balanced!

This is the only face wash I'll use. Dermatalogists say that you shouldn't have "squeaky clean" skin when you wash your face, the "squeaky clean" feeling just signifies that you've stripped all essential oils and everything from your face which really dries out the skin. What I like about Cetaphil is I don't get the squeaky clean feeling, but I feel really clean nonetheless. It's also great for removing makeup.

I heard a couple of dermatologists on TV recommending this so I tried it and have now been using it for at least 7 or 8 years. It's inexpensive, cleanses well, it's especially good at removing mascara, and it leaves my skin feeling smooth and moisturized. I've tried quite a few of the brand name expensive cleansers and I keep coming back to this because it's simply the best cleanser there is.

I don't like the smell of this, overpriced,and doesn't seem to do anything except burn/irritate my skin.

I thought this was supposed to be for sensitive skin. Well, when I used it, it seem to be burning my skin. I am going back to Peter Thomas Roth Sensitive Skin cleanser. A bit pricey but worth it.

Cetaphil - I just can't figure out if I like it or not....I miss the foamyness of others. My skin hasn't been any worse or better, really, since using it. But I get fewer instances of dryness around my nose and certain areas.
UPDATE +++++++++-
My facialist has had quite a time de-clogging my pores. I no longer use Cetaphil cleanser. She told me a lot of people get clogged from it as well.++++++++++++++++++++ I have combo skin, mid 30's, tend to get dry spots

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This is an okay cleanser IF you don't have a full face of makeup and IF you have normal, zit free skin. I can see this benefiting those with dry skin. Otherwise this won't do jack for you.

Video Reviews & Tutorials