Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 10/14/2003 4:45:00 AM

I've repeatedly bought Cetaphil for my morning cleansing for years now. I lather it on my dry face, massage, then rinse it out with water. My face is refresh and just feels so normal (not drying) afterwards and ready for moisturization.

on 10/9/2003 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

After many recs from friends, I decided to purchase this cleanser on a whim one night at Target. I am slowly finding that these "whim" purchases are not paying off. This left a film on my face & did not remove my makeup sufficiently. Will not repurchase.

on 10/9/2003 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought a travel size container of this because it had been recommended to me for use as a cleanser when my skin was irritated. But boy is this stuff awful. It feels like you're rubbing lotion on your face, it never rinses off properly and it's cleaning and makeup removal properties are abysmal. I will never touch this stuff again, plus it can be on the pricey side here in Canada too, another reason to avoid it like the plague! So in conclusion, unless you have dryish skin and you NEVER wear makeup don't even consider this poor excuse for a 'cleanser'!

on 10/9/2003 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The weather is changing and my face is getting dry and thus very itchy and tight. I decided to pick this up yesterday and replace my current cleanser which I use for summer. It does feel like there's a oily film left on my face that won't come off. However, I love how soft and comfortable my face feel afterwards! It also minimize the itch and redness. Yes, it doesn't clean makeup well, so I cut back on the amount of makeup I wear everyday. It's better for my face anyway. :)

on 10/9/2003 12:56:00 PM

I found J&J baby body wash, Oil of Olay Sensitive Foaming Face Wash and Dove Unscented Soap all too drying for my face. Cetaphil cleans while preserving the integrity of the skin (and thus preventing irritation and redness). I try to avoid the eye area though because it stings if I accidently get even a miniscule amount of it in my eyes. After a few days of using this product, I break out in little bumps, probably because this is too emollient and doesn't do a good enough job of cleaning. I'd still buy it though to make my baking soda and Cetaphil scrub.

I have bought Cetaphil ever since a dermatologist recommended it to me, about 6 years ago. I have never used anything else (except the cheap store sub that saved me money but my skin broke out). TO really get it to work you have to use it for a couple weeks, then RESULTS!

My combo skin stopped breaking out immediately after 2 weeks and I've never again had a problem (like when one zit heals another breaks out somewhere else) People (especially medium-skinned like me) complimented me everywhere. I "sold" it on my friends and they all use it now.

Sure, it kind of smells and looks medical, but I think I'll buy a pretty lotion dispenser to put it in.

I used to use it twice a day to feel cleaner but this is not a typical soap. I use it once a day to PRESERVE the oils on my face. ALl other cleansers (incl. Clinique face soap) left my skin harshly dried out and prone to breakouts and uneveness. Cetaphil traps the moisture in your face while wiping out the extra oil. I can't explain it well but it is the Number One best product I have ever tried and I will use it forever!

on 10/8/2003 2:27:00 PM

I recently switched to this gentle formula from the n/o formula. I loved the n/o formula but thought I would prefer the gentle for colder months. I absolutely love this stuff! It removes all my makeup (don't know why it doesn't on others??) and isn't harsh at all on my combo sensitive skin. It leaves my face soft without being greasy. I have never even noticed the smell - in fact, I assumed it was unscented. I think the bottom line with Cetaphil is that you have to try it before you will know if you are one of the millions that love it or the minority that don't. However, be forewarned: if you prefer lather, you won't like this. Lather does not always equal clean, however. The plastic squeeze bottle is easy to use...I don't really expect it to come in designer glass bottle for the price? And speaking of, the price can not be beat - I got last bottle on sale for $4! I much prefer spending my hard earned money on other facial stuff that won't be washed down the drain.

on 10/7/2003 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Not good if you're trying to get foundation off, but a nice gentle cleanser to use first thing in the morning. My skin is oily and acne prone and after I use this it always seems softer and happier. Ugly packaging but a nice, gentle, dermatologist-recommended soap.

on 10/7/2003 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Did not like this product at all! I would liken it to cleansing with milk + water. You have to use copious ammounts of it, because the liquid is so runny and does not lather at all. Does not do a thorough job cleansing either. Would not recommend.

on 10/7/2003 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great product. I started using it while on accutane. Makes my skin feel soft and clean!!!