January 31, 2015 | 2091 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 7:34:00 PM More reviews by alijay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i started using this while under a dermatologists care. no matter how many cheap imitations i've tried {ie-duane read, CVS..) cetaphil is the absolute best!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2003 6:42:00 PM More reviews by bzbibi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

uck. too slimy and did nothing for me. it did not remove makeup either. i tried it again because my dermatologist told me to try it. but before my makeup wearing days, i tried it too and i was not impressed bk then either

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2003 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Diamonds

Eww! I do not like this at all!
I have heard Cetaphil is a great cleanser, so I tried it, and ...I am semi disappointed. I know that lathering shouldn't make a difference, but this stuff DOESN'T lather, and that makes me sad! :)
"SOAP" to me should lather, call me crazy! This product didn't clean my skin too well either. If it DID clean well, I wouldn't be so cranky about the lathering!

It is a syrupy clear liquid that just doesn't do much to my skin.
Right now, I like Neutrogena and plain ol' Dove soap!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2003 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Optikon

Does NOT remove makeup whatsoever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2003 9:34:00 AM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was recommended to use only this as a teenager by my derm because of eczema. I used it faithfully for years.

It does a decent job, but I always felt like it didn't give me any satisfaction when I used it. This is hard to explain; I felt it felt like thinned out hand lotion (and I hate to sound gross, but it looks alot like a body fluid that I won't mention here); it never rinsed "clean" and it didn't do the best job of removing makeup. On the plus, it's not that expensive and they give you alot.

I grew up and found much better "sensitive" skin cleansers

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2003 6:02:00 AM More reviews by jaypulliam

this stuff is crap and makes me break out. I used to use it because I was brainwashed by dermatoligists who obviously get paid a pretty penny from galderma to endorse this cleanser along with medications like Differin. I love cetaphil moisturizing cream for my acnegenic skin, but this stuff has got to go. try neutrogena extra gentle cleanser, is a million times better

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2003 11:47:00 PM More reviews by SweetPinkRagdoll

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING CLEANSER!!! I have been using this for several years and I truly love this from the bottom of my heart. It cleans my skin but doesnt make it dry and over stripped but at the same time clean and soft. Perfect for sensitive, or irritated skin. Doesnt foam (which I like) and it has no fragrance to it at all. For $10 for a huge bottle this is well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2003 5:53:00 PM More reviews by sgallo

This is the only product I wash my face with, save the few samples I get now and then. I always receive compliments on my skin, and the women at the makeup counter always ask if I use their XYZ cleanser and always blush when I reply that I use only Cetaphil. It doesn't foam, but that's because there are no harsh detergents added. This is the best cleanser on the market.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2003 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've always been really annoyed by Cetaphil. I really dislike it, due to the fact that I don't feel at all clean after using it. Its too slimy and light to get any makeup or dirt off my face. I feel like it does nothing, so I'm surprised many dermatologists reccomend it to people with less-than-perfect skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2003 1:24:00 PM More reviews by cyndi

This is the cleanser I keep coming back to for my combination skin. It cleanses without drying out my face especially in the winter and takes off my makeup pretty well too.