January 30, 2015 | 1939 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by strawpearies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have dry and slightly "rugged" eyes..i use this as a primer under my eyes before concealer. It did create a smooth surface and lessen my fine lines. It feels really smooth but not that effective in filling up fine lines or comforting your dry skin for the entire day. Its a cheap and OK product..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by ck923

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this primer, it's so cheap covered to other primers such as Smashbox and I feel like the quality is pretty good. This really helps my makeup stay on and helps to provide a smooth canvas before applying makeup. I don't use this everyday and I don't think it's a good idea to use primers everyday since most primers have a type of silicone ingredient which clogs pores. So I only use this on special occasions and when I go out partying to help my makeup stay on the whole night.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Mom2pdm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this stuff as a makeup primer. Goes on silky smooth and does wonders to keep makeup on all day :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by janeeee999

I don't know if this has been discontinued or not. I haven't seen it in stores since last summer and it was on major clearance then. I had bought 10 tubes when they were $3ea. I just wanted to review it tho because I LOVE this stuff. If you can still find it where ever you are, definately pick up a tube or 4.

From 7am to 7pm, my makeup never needs touching up, I don't need to blot. Eventho my nose is oily, my foundation never budges. For less than $10, it is definately the best primer I have ever used. People should at least try this before buying something more expensive. Why buy Smashbox for $40+ if you can get something that works just as well or better for more than 75% less.

I have been using this for a year now and I've not had any major breakouts from using this. In fact, I've not had any major breakouts at all this year so I can't blame anything on using this product...that's why I'm still using it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by stellar4217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I loved this product initially. It seemed to work great and I liked it so much that I bought it twice. however when I was on my 2nd tube I couldn't help but notice that I seemed to be breaking out so much more than normal. I stopped wearing this for a couple of weeks & my skin cleared up. This was the culprit because it was the only product I stopped using and my skin cleared. kinda bummed me out because it was so cheap & now I have to find a replacement. Be careful if your skin is sensitive because this seemed to work well for me in the beginning & by the time i got around to the second tube my skin reacted. Maybe the 2nd tube was a bad tube but i don't want to take that chance w/my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

Very embarrassed to say that i use this as a primer for my entire face but true because it's so good. I like this much better than smashbox photofinish primer. The consistency
of this gel is much thicker and smoother feeling and makes my foundation, mac paint pot, and concealer much easier to blend and it doesn't let those products sink into any lines. It also makes my makeup last longer than usual. I don't use it everyday tho so that may be why I don't get break outs or little pimples here and there.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well this didn't work out for me unfortunately. After a week of using this, I started getting milia-like rash around my face. Returned it to Wal-Mart for a refund.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't use primers often since I stay home a lot but I wanted one to use for going out, pictures, etc. Before I only had samples to work with. Loved the DHC but the rest didn't thrill me. This seems a lot like the DHC & since it's cheap & readily available I'm very happy.
I don't think I'll use this often enough for it to break me out, which is a problem I've heard that ppl have had w.it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Hollyandivy73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I do not use this all over my face, because I'm sure it would break me out. However, this is brilliant for spot concealing pitted acne scars. I used Prescriptives magic gel for the longest time, but they d/c'd it and of course now whole line is d/c'd.

I just take a teeny, tiny dot and put it into the scar, then take a tiny brush and dab a bit of powder over the gel. Works fantastically!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by hannaxbear

Pros:
- Smooths out skin for even application
- Feels very similar to Smashbox Photo Finish and produces the same result as far as I can tell
- Cheap at ~$8 for 1.5 oz tube

Cons:
- Don't like the powdery feel left on fingers
- Photo Finish feels slightly better
- Don't like the smell

Overall, I would purchase this again and use it from time to time, particularly because it's so cheap and gets the job done. However, I recently started using MUFE HD Primer and I love it! (See my review on it for more details) Nonetheless, this is a good buy.