November 27, 2014 | 1411 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2011 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Kiruby82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this after seeing all the rave among the youtube gurus and stuff. Well, i have to say that it doesn't work for me as a primer, neither as a base. It's quite drying for my eyelids. Once applied on the lid, the texture doesn't allow an easy blending at all. And it fades on me too fast, lets say... in less than 3 hrs i already see creasing! And i am sure my lids aren't oily, or at least not more than the average people.
So yeah, i won't repurchase. Now i am very happy with my ELF mineral primer and my NYX white eyeshadow base :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: How fun is this? I like to be able to play with a different type of product. I got to bring out my nonexistant make up artist side when using this. This was okay as a base for my oily lids. Helped my powder last a little bit longer. I would call this a light and pink beige. Quite cool-toned. MAC calls Painterly a "soft beige."

CONS: It definitely takes practice in application and is not something I could just quickly slap on. I hear from many on here that it dries up quick and then you have to add visine or something. ? I've had mine for about a year and a half, and it's just barely starting to pull away from the sides of the jar, but it does not feel any different, consistency-wise.

APPLICATION TIPS: I took the advice of others about dabbing it when it started to move later on in the day, and it did help reset the lasting power for a while. For my N15 (leaning to NC) skin, the soft ochre was nice with a brightening, popping effect for my blue eyes. (Painterly was way too cool/pink on me.) I actually love to use this VERY lightly right under my lower lash line, on top of my concealer. It makes my concealer last forever. (I know. I know. It's odd. But it works so great for me.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

As a primer it still creased on me. As a base I found it a bit difficult to blend out on my lids, the texture a bit too dry and pastry for me. It is not terrible, and I will still continue to use my pot till it finishes or dry out. But I won't be rebuying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 5:09:00 AM More reviews by omgfran

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I used to use too faced shadow insurance and NYX jumbo pencil and milk but this is absolutely the best primer base ive ever owned. The colour sticks and pops better. Price is good and I love the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Aimusk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is a must have!!! I use it every time I put on any makeup, even if I'm not putting on any eyeshadow because it just creates such a flawless finish on my eyes (covering up any veins) to match my face after I apply my foundation. It is absolutely the best canvas for any eyeshadow application as well. The colors go on so nicely over it and blend well over its velvety finish. I actually don't use an Eye Primer anymore because this product pretty much takes care of creasing. I have the Primer Potion by Urban Decay, but I find it unessesary if I use Painterly. My eyeshadow never creases when I apply Painterly before eyeshadow, and stays on all day. The price is great too for the quality and amount. One pot has lasted me 2 years now I think...Amazing!! And it hasn't changed in quality or consistency. You only need about one swipe on your finger per lid when you apply it...If you over apply it can look to cakey. I honestly cannot imagine using any eyeshadow without this product! I will probably buy this product until they stop making it or until I stop wearing makeup! Whichever comes first.:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2010 7:08:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It is a miracle product. Although I do not have oily eyelids, my eye-make up tends to dissepear or smudge easily. A further plus: This product lasts so long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 5:47:00 AM More reviews by overweighty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this as an eyeshadow base for several months now and am very pleased with how long this product lasts. You use very little at a time and it stays on the eyes all day, making for an excellent canvas for all eyeshadows, either powder, cream or loose mineral shadows. I always ask the SAs to open the pot up before I walk away with it because I once got a dried out container. Will continue to repurchase as it neutralizes my eye area that is often red or blue-red with shadows. UPDATE: As I get older, I noticed this primer caused my wrinkles to be accentuated. I have switched to Nars eye primer, which blends more easily and does make my eye area look older.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by caitmeg10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this but it's not for me. The color is good, consistency a bit too dry. You certainly get a lot of product for your money but I had a terrible reaction to it. I simply can't use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am not a fan of primers. But this I love, I really love. evens out the skintone and brightens the ideas.. and the eyeshadow stays in place.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by BrendaLM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product after hearing rave reviews. I tried it and was disapppointed. Maybe I expected to much from one product. I have tried it various ways but still unsure what I'm doing wrong. It creases. I used UDPP first then PP creases, I used it alone it creases. great as a blank canvas matte finish and to hide veining. I'm sure its a great product but maybe not for someone with extremely oily lids.