October 1, 2014 | 1739 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 5:18:00 PM More reviews by s2casey

A very good product. I was able to use it a lot more when I lived in the south. Great coverage and staying power, even on very hot, humid days. But now that I've hit 50, and am living in Boston, I need something more moisturizing, so I'm back with Chanel.

Also, you get a lot out of a bottle of this foundation, so I still used it a few times last summer.

But for the right type of skin, that just needs good coverage, I highly recommend this!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2009 4:56:00 PM More reviews by pinkelephants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is pretty good. It goes on nicely, does what it claims to do. I'm a little annoyed that I can't find a color match. The texture is strange, the smell is awful, and the bottle is hard to get product out of unless you really shake up the gelatinous blob. I like my MAC Face & Body foundation much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Tempe12mua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best foundations out there. It feels lighter than a tinted moisturizer going on. It is 80% water, and waterproof! I love to mix this with a little bit of MUFE's Full Cover (or Amazing concealer by amazing cosmetics) on the back of my hand, then use a brush to apply it to get FLAWLESS skin! Very natural, weightless, perfect skin :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 4:11:00 PM More reviews by lorencita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This truly is incredible. I wear this when I think my picture might be taken, or on a date. This makes my skin look perfect & it's far from perfect. It evens out my skin, covers most acne scarring & it feels like skin. I use this with some concealer & a light dusting of MAC prep & prime finishing powder. Just amazing. It wears very well, especially now that I'm not sweating ALL day! I just love it. I will continue to buy this forever. Oh.. and this doesn't break me out at all! & I'm one of those people that if you look at too hard, a pimple forms ; ) lol

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by wargman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think my hunt for a foundation might be over. Three times I went to Sephora intending to buy this foundation and three times I left with something else. The finish on this foundation is what I expected the HD foundation to be like it. I bought it in #32 which might be a little dark, but it is forgiving. It looks lumpy in the bottle but when I shake it, it turns into a somewhat runny liquid. The coverage can be light to medium. The finish is dewy enough that applying a sheer powder over it does not make it look dry. I apply it with my #187 brush and my skin looks flawless- no caking or settling into pores or fine lines. I can't say it lasts the whole day (what does?) but I still have some coverage at eh end of the day. It's moderately expensive, but a whole lot less expensive and less frustrating than trying one brand after an other.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I'm surprised I never wrote a review for this.. This is one of my favorite foundations. I remember being very unsure purchasing it. I had once took a sample of it from Sephora (in those little sample pots) and I left it open all day and it evaporated. Seriously. The little jar was completely clean. lol But anyway, I decided to try it. The consistency is very watery and gel like. Almost like jelly or a runny hair gel. I am a MAC NC37-40 and I was matched to #34 (I noticed most NC40's are matched to #34. Some are matched to #6 but I haven't tested it) I typically like medium to full coverage foundations, so trying this was taking a risk for me. I tried it out with the MAC 187 brush and it looked pretty good. Very dewy, moderate coverage, very natural.. but when I really noticed how good it was, was when I was sitting passenger seat in my boyfriends car.. and I pulled down the mirror to look at my makeup.. and woww. My face had looked completely airbrushed. I have never seen a foundation make my skin look like that. It looked so glowy and healthy.. and even though the coverage is light.. it somehow made my skin look flawless. It doesn't cover everything though.. so you will need a concealer on main flaws. I know if I had a pimple and It scarred, it will not cover the scar. But it will even out your skin tone if you have any redness, etc. Since its so dewy, you may need to dust a setting powder over it.. but I really like the dewy look and I only powder under my eyes so I won't get any smudges. I would definitely recommend this foundation. You can find swatches of all the shades on Karla's blog. Here is the link. http://karlasugar.blogspot.com/2008/06/make-up-for-ever-mufe-face-and-body.html. And also, here is a picture of me wearing it without any powder or blush. ****EDIT: I noticed by the end of the bottle #34 made me look slightly red in certain lighting. It's not yellow enough for me. I'll be trying #32 next time - which is more yellow (but lighter...it's more suited for NC35). continued >>

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by JU1CYY69

i honestly dont think i will use any other foundation anymore after using this. best foundation ever. hands down. i went to sephora looking for a waterproof/sweatproof foundation and the SA recommended this and a dior foundation. i'll admit though that when i first saw this in store, i was a bit turned off by both the price and the consistancy. a bottle of this foundation runs for $42 CAD, which to this date i still dont know what pushed me to get this, but i'm glad i did. absolutely no regrets. as for the consistancy, it's a really watery gel that i just couldnt understand how it was a foundation. i thought this would give a really sheer coverage, so i thought it was not the right product for me, since i have a lot of acne and scarring. well i was right about one thing. it does give a sheer coverage, but it totally works for me because you can layer this on until it gives the coverage you want WITHOUT it caking. amazing right? not only that but this stuff is SO lightweight. i honestly can not feel this and often forget i'm even wearing foundation. seriously, this foundation is the BEST out there. i cannot live without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2009 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Vegalyn

My favourite foundation at the moment! Ultra natural finish, nice consistency (kind of jelly like, but once spread very easy to go on the skin), nice cool feeling once on the skin and the exact right finish. It doesn't cake, doesn't give you the mask feeling and doesn't dry out during colder months of the year. 4 lippies because of the shiny T-zone for mixed skin types. But this can be solved by a thin layer of loose powder. This is not exactly a budget buy in the city where I live, but the content of one bottle really lasts for ever, so the price is not that an issue here. The liquid has a light, "medical" scent which goes away once you put it on. I prefer to use this foundation with a sponge or with fingers instead of a foundation brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by keltime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finally. I am so happy to finally find a foundation I'm 100% satisfied with. I really like the consistency of this foundation and the color match is perfect! The buildable coverage while still feeling light and leaving my skin looking luminous is what sold me. It does a really great job of hiding redness, hyperpigmentation, and minimizing the appearance of pores.I don't think my face has ever come close to looking this flawless.

It doesn't have SPF... but I use moisturizer with SPF in it underneath my foundation. The smell is kind of gross when you first apply it, but it fades away within minutes (so it's not like you're smelling the foundation on your face all day). I also wish the bottle had a pump, but it's not that big of a loss because the consistency kind of allows you to pour it in the right quantity.

So there are a few minor downsides, but It won't stop me from buying again!

Edit 12/27/13:

I can't believe I've been wearing this foundation since 2009. Obviously, the bottle has improved since my last review, and they've added a pump. I will not wear any other foundation ever if possible, nothing compares to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by redandfuzzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Pink-36 is the only makeup I've EVER--and I mean--EVER found that matches my skin tone. If this ever gets discontinued I'm going to cry, seriously. Wonderful stuff. The makeup that I've been looking forever for. Only minus is no SPF...but I usually wear sunscreen under SPF makeup anyhow.

Tip about application: I usually flip the container over and use what's in the cap with a brush when I apply. It prevents contamination/spillage.