Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 2/7/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love! This foundation has a gel consistency that is extremely easy to blend for a smooth finish. It gives medium coverage without much effort. I'm MAC NC-27, BB Skin Foundation in Beige (3). I found that 32 Alabaster in Face and Body is a terrific match. I also use Make-up Forever Full Cover Lift concealer in #6. My skin is usually combo...more towards the dry side. This foundation is perfect. I use MAC prep and prime for the SPF first. Then follow with FB foundation and concealer on a few darker marks. Great wear, too.

on 1/28/2010 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I am a big fan of this MUFE foundation. It's what opened my eyes to wearing makeup in the first place (im still in the rocky stages) What attracted me to this was the fact that I had so much difficulty finding a color match for me and a texture that looked and felt natural. A natural finish is really important to me and since I have what most would consider good skin I just needed something to help even my skintone and give me the finished look that would keep my lipstick or eyeshadow decisions from looking amateur. I found that that #44 Coffee, matched my skin perfectly last summer and I would eventually discover that #12 Caramel is my perfect shade for the rest of the year. I look like i'm glowing when I put it on! I find it easy to blend and work with due to its gelly consistency and as long as I moisturize a bit before hand, it brushes on smoothly. I dont find the smell offensive at all, just a bit flowerry and mature, but like most other odors it goes away. I do wish that the packaging were a bit different. And id be interested to know if anyone has found an aftermarket pump solution because I definitely knocked over my "summer" bottle of the stuff one night and it really is a tragedy when you can hear the cha-ching of $15 of brown liquid going to waste.

on 1/27/2010 10:37:00 PM

This is the best liquid foundation I've tried for my dry, ultra-sensitive rosacea skin with enlarged pores and texture issues. Do try it if you are very pale, as there are new shades for the palest skin tones including #36 (Pink) and #38 (Pink Porcelain). I'm neutral-toned MAC NC/NW 10-15, and #38 is my perfect shade, in fact, the best shade I've found in any foundation, because it doesn't darken my skin at all yet somehow doesn't look ghostly either. Unlike the previous reviewer, I found this shade in my regular Sephora store (in Canada).

(UPDATE: I've realized #38 actually is a touch too pink for me despite how it looks in the bottle, so I may try #20 Ivory, or possibly mix the two)

I was hesitant to shell out over $40 Cdn for this simple-seeming foundation in the clunky glass jar, with no SPF. Also the watery-gel texture (I always shake before using) seems like it would be very thin, but it is actually medium coverage despite the lightweight feel, and easy to build if needed. I actually like the texture as it feels cooling and moisturizing going on, which soothes my rosacea. The foundation has a slight scent and this was another reason I hesitated to buy it, but I've had no irritation at all and I don't notice the scent after applying. I've been using this foundation on and off for months now with no blocked pores or bumps even after having it on for 12+ hours. Only bismuth-free mineral foundations have felt so kind to my skin.

The greatest thing about this foundation is the skin-like natural finish it gives, which blurs texture issues without covering them. I use less concealer with this foundation. I am not a fan of "dewy" finishes because they tend to highlight pores and texture. The finish of F&B is not quite dewy, but has a sheen like that of well-moisturized bare skin. It looks great on my dry cheeks, and I use a setting powder just in my oily t-zone (Maybelline Dream Matte). It wears extremely well on me, and I'm sure oily types could just use a good blotting powder. This foundation seems to work exceptionally well with powder, turning matte without looking "powdery." I also can use this under my eyes, which is amazing as normally I always need a separate moisturizing concealer. Thus, this is great when I'm in a hurry. I find using my fingers to be the best application method for this formula as it dries rather quickly after the initial watery sensation.

I often use mineral-powder foundation (EDM) but I find it takes a lot of buffing and smoothing to look natural and there are days I don't want the hassle. This is the best alternative I've found. Also, it photographs better than mineral foundations or ones with SPF. The huge bottle will last me forever, so I now think this was a bargain!

From the website: "80% water. An ultra-light, ultra-fresh gel emulsion formula for long-lasting wear. Non-oily texture. Volatile silicon for a silky feel and easy application. Pigments coated with hydrophobic properties: water and sweat-resistant, they have a natural affinity with skin. Glycerin makes foundation easy to apply and improves moisturizing. Mango butter enriches the texture, nourishes the skin and reinforces moisturizing. Clinically tested hydration levels: +37% after 1 hour, +17% after 2 hours."

INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Cyclopentasilaxane, Methypropanediaol, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Mangifera Indica Seed Oil (Mango seed butter), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Tromethamine, Potassium Myristate, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Panthenol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Cinronnellol, Ceraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 1/27/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I got three samples of this foundation: #38, #36, and #20. For reference, I am extremely fair (MAC NW10ish) with pink undertones (as opposed to yellow).
Looking at the foundations before putting them on: the 38 looks like a standard fair foundation, with slight yellow undertones. The 36 is light pink. The 20 is a light foundation, but definitely looks too dark for me. The texture is lumpy until you shake it. Then it smooths out to a liquidy gel. All three colors spread really easily and you don't need much, but they can be layered easily.
Now for the colors. 36 is the lightest. It's not pink when you spread it out, it's almost white. I do have a cool undertone to my skin, so on warm skintones, it might look pinker. This is definitely not for fair warm skintones. It's also not for me. I have a fair, cool skin but I'm not paper white with very pink undertones. The 20 is not really fair. It's more light, and it looks warm, with very yellow undertones.
The 38 is PERFECTION. It is the perfect color for my skin. It is very fair (but not white) with very faint pink undertones, neither aggressively pink or yellow. It covers any redness in my skin easily without caking up and without looking like foundation. This is lightweight and really looks like skin. It needs about two minutes after application to set. The coverage is definitely on the light side, though, and you will need a separate concealer for blemishes and undereyes. However, if you are looking for a lightweight foundation to even out redness while still looking completely natural, this is the one. Yes, it is on the expensive side (I know I never thought I would spend this much on foundation) but you only need a little and this foundation is so good that it's worth it.
The packaging (a glass, open-mouthed container) isn't great but I don't think this foundation would be compatible with pump packaging.
NOTE: #38 and #36 are only available on Sephora.com or from the NYC Make Up For Ever boutique, which is where I got my samples.
This compared to MAC's Face and Body: I have N1 in MAC, which is a little too dark for my fair skin. The MAC foundation is a fluid liquid. I use much more in every application - it is more sheer than the MUFE Face and Body. The MAC needs more product to get the same amount of coverage but does not control oil for more than three hours on me. I set it with powder after applying it, and three hours later, I need to blot. It also doesn't look as natural as the MUFE. Also - after about six hours, the MAC Face and Body oxidizes, turning slightly orange on me. The MUFE is longer lasting and does not oxidize. On a side note: I've been using the MAC for a year and it has never broken me out.
I will finish my bottle of MAC F&B, but I won't repurchase because the MUFE F&B is much better, with a better color match for me, and nicer, longer lasting coverage.
UPDATE: I wore this foundation to my friend's wedding and it was perfect. Perfect. It looked so natural but polished. And it lasted for eight hours! I didn't even need to touch it up, blot, or repowder! It was incredible. It did not give me clogged pores or break me out. Also: I did notice a faint scent. It didn't bother me and it fades after about five minutes.

on 1/27/2010 5:21:00 PM

I bought MUFE F&B in #18. Im usually a MAC C4. This looked good, and very dewy. It was easy to spread, and I liked the sheer coverage. Only problem was that SO said it made me look kinda red/orange.

I wish this had a pump, because its hard to pour a small amount out, you either end up with little or a huge blob. I put a small blob on a petri dish to use, I didnt clean up yet, and when I came home, I saw that there was BIGtime oil separation! Soo much oil! It also made my skin feel itchy, and I noticed small bumps right away. I'm returning it!

on 1/25/2010 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am not a fan of this foundation like most. I have oily skin so maybe this is why...it just doesn't sit well on my skin. I don't like the smell either...sort of plasticky. Oh well I'll stick to my MUFE HD..now that, I love!!

on 1/23/2010 2:50:00 AM

This is a good foundation just color selection isnt good if you are NC15-20 since the only color that would match is pink toned. The only reason why I choose the MAC F&B over this is because it has a better color range I use C1 and C2 and it takes away all my redness and evens on my skin tone. The bottle is also like 4x the size of this. I say if you have a good color match then this is a good product, if not try the MAC version.

on 1/19/2010 6:32:00 AM

This is my first foundation ever and i'm in love. I love the fact that it gives me a glowing look not looking cakey at all. It is very sutable during winter coz I have combo skin my my skin became quite dry this time. I recently moved to dubai and found this foundation make me look like a grease ball during summer time. SOmehow i use my afterglow finishing powder and it seems to perfect the foundation... I have this foundation sincw last june and still have much of it. Coverage is sheer to medium and it very buildable. I still have to use MUFE full cover concealer in 6 and my foundation shade is alabaster 32 but unavailabe in dubai. I have to try different color match coz i have light to medium skintone with yellow undertones.

on 1/18/2010 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Easily the best foundation I have yet to use! I have very fair skin, so I took a mark off the overall rating because the lightest colour they have is just a touch too dark for it to get a perfect review.

At first I found it difficult to wear it without it being obvious. After time I learned that I have to moisturize very well before I use it for the application to be flawless. If it came a touch lighter, it would get an A+ !!!

on 1/16/2010 12:06:00 AM

Well here we are. Recently, I was in Macy's and learned that my beloved Prescriptives Virtual Skin in Real Camellia has been discontinued. This, my friends, is even worse news than finding out they've stopped making your favorite bra. And that's pretty bad. Well, I was able to buy up a couple last bottles of Virtual Skin, but I knew that eventually I'd have to commence the search for a new foundation HG and that it could take years. My problem is that I am very fair, and very cool toned. Clinique, for example, has nothing that matches me. I did quite a bit of online reading and came to the obvious conclusion that the color swatches they provide on beauty websites are COMPLETELY WORTHLESS. I don't know why they bother. Anyway, after reading all the good reviews here, I found the one that stood out and that I had a good feeling about is MUFE. I tramped back out to Sephora and, of course, they didn't carry the color I had read about, Pink 36. I persevered, however, and within a few days, the UPS man was ringing my doorbell. I had spent $38 on a makeup shade sight unseen. But it is just beautiful. When I compared the color even to the Px, I thought it was even more perfect for me. Today was the first day I gave it a try. After moisturizing as usual, I shook the bottle and used my fingers to apply it around my eyes, and my usual clean, damp sponge for the rest of my face. Since I use a sponge, I'm glad it doesn't have a pump, but I wish the opening was a bit smaller so I could cover it with my finger, but you can't have everything. Yes, it smells like rosewater, but I love roses, so no problemo. Yes, it has a weird lumpy sort of consistency, but I am really, really happy with it. It actually does look like my skin but better. I'm so happy to have stumbled on this find and this site. Thanks for a great recommendation.