Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I recently purchased this product while on the hunt for something a little lighter than my usual GA LSF. I picked it up at a Shoppers Drug Mart for $42 + tax. I'm somewhere in the NC35-40 range, East Indian background, and F&B #34 is a great colour match for me!

The texture is a fluid-gel consistency, and please, PLEASE shake this product vigorously prior to using or swatching! It doesn't really separate, it just has a slight tendency to settle.

I find the foundation to feel extremely refreshing on my skin when applying, so I'm pleased by that. I shake the bottle vigorously, apply a bit of product to the back of my hand (roughly what would be accumulated under the cap of the bottle) and use a MAC 130 to apply/buff into my skin. The result is extremely natural, satiny-verging-on-luminous skin. Total love. I set it with a bit of pressed powder (I vary between Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder, MAC MSFN and GA LSF powder, though I like Rimmel's Stay Matte best with this fdtn). I'd classify it as light to medium coverage that is very buildable if desired.

I have combination skin with a very slightly oily t-zone. This foundation does not go oily on me at all, it stays put all day. I typically apply around 6-7 a.m. and remove around 11 p.m. and the staying power is great in my experience. It should be noted that I do not use a primer, but I do wear this in conjunction with Chanel UV Essentiel sunscreen.

Update: i love this even more now than i originally did. I use 20 since I don't have a tan this year, works great. My skin looks perfect and no breakouts.

Old review: i had a coupon, so I purchased two colors (I figured that since I'm darker in the Spring/Summer, I can blend the two, as needed). I got 20 and 32. I have a light complexion, blond hair blue eyes, and for me, 20 is a PERFECT match. 32 is not too far off, though, so when I am a little darker, that will work.

$38 (for me) is steep for foundation, but I've been looking for a great foundation...

My skin is combination (can be greasy and dry on occasion, and I usually have one or two zits.. ugh), so I've been looking for something that won't break me out, not TOO creamy, and something not TOO matte or drying.

This foundation does have a scent to it, but it really didn't bother me. It reminded me of a 'Tinkerbell makeup set" I had when I was little, I think the 'Lipstick" smelled sort of like this foundation. I shook the bottle and the makeup was still very liquid-y, which I am not used to.

This foundation sinks right in to my skin, so I had to blend one section at a time and quickly. I wasn't sure about the coverage, but once I had applied it, I could see how amazing this foundation really is. Satin-finish, second-skin feel, and it makes me look like I have naturally perfect skin.

I wanted to wear this the whole day before I reviewed it, to see if I turned into an oil slick by the end of the day, but this stuff passed the test. I didn't even need my oil-blotting sheets like I usually do.

Unless this makes me break out (fingers crossed that it won't), this will most likely be my favorite foundation. My face feels so nice, it seriously feels like I'm not wearing makeup.

I will definitely repurchase this when I run out, but that will take forever since there is so much in the bottles.

EDIT: I have been using this for a few months now, and this is my HG. I have not experienced ANY breakouts, and my skin looks amazing with this. I love it. I have been using 32 now during the summer, and it's a perfect match for me since I am slightly darker.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this liquid foundation. It covers my blemishes well, and also evens the texture of my skin! For reference i'm a NC 35-40, and i use #34. I was kind of skeptical to use it first because it came out looking really liquidy, but it actually blends really well! So yeah, definitely loving this product :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Thanks to MUA I discovered this little gem of a foundation. The only thing that bothers me is the fragrance. Other than that, it is fantastic. The finish is natural with a little sheen and the coverage is medium. I have blemishes and some uneven areas and this does the trick.
I use my fingers as I find it gives the most natural look.

REFERENCE: I am NC25-30, and I use shade #32. Not an exact match (a tad too pink/beige) but close enough.

Most interesting foundation I've ever used. It has a very watery composition, but the texture is gel-like, a cross between tofu and jello. It's not runny like a typical liquid foundation, so it's also quite difficult to get out of the bottle. I've resolved this problem by transferring into a seperate pump bottle, but I'd really prefer if MUFE came out with a better packaging for this otherwise fantastic foundation.

The product itself offers sheer to medium coverage depending on how much you build it up, and it NEVER cakes. My skin seems to "drink" it up, which never happens with normal liquid foundations. The finish is dewy and natural, feels like a second skin. SCORE FOR SURE!

The one downside? The granny smell. D: But I can deal.

Wow, I can't get over all the good reviews. This foundation did nothing for me, and in fact made my skin look a little worse. Absolutely no coverage and it wore off by the end of the day. Defintely not worth the price tag. And the gel-like consistency put me off a little as well. Bummer. I would think the only person that could pull off wearing this foundation is someone with perfect skin to begin with, but then why would they need a foundation anyway? haha

I might be in love. I just recently started wearing liquid foundation. I did some research and read many reviews on MUA. I tried Lancome Renergie Lift(Porcelain 40) and Color Ideal. Neither were good for me as my T-zone is too oily. I also tried Elizabeth Arden Mousse(my sister swears by this)(Natural) but no good either. Then I tried L'Oreal True match in N-3 and W-3. Not a true match and too sparkly. Anyway, I went to Sephora the other day and was matched with MUFE F&B in 20(perfect) and 32(for summer). I was given very generous samples and have been using for a few days. I really like this. I prime with Smashbox photofinish light(T-zone) and then apply this with the beauty blender. I set with a little Lancome Dual Finish in Matte Buff, which is the foundation that I used to wear. The coverage is light to medium. The finish is not dewy and not matte. More Satin. Very natural looking. You do not feel this on your face.
Thanks again MUA. I do not go to the cosmetics store without checking here first.
Update. I'm still in love. I ordered a full size in color 20(Ivory) from Sephora. Also for reference, I was color matched for MAC NC25.
Update, Stopped applying with the beauty blender and now use an E.L.F flat top powder brush. I stipple. The brush is very dense and applies the foundation very nicely.

After using MAC foundation for years, I decided to give MUFE a try.. i'm so glad i did, MUFE face & body is my HG foundation!

The coverage is medium but very buildable. What I like about this foundation is that it blends nicely & my face looks smooth & clear. I can build coverage only in areas that need it. It also gives me a nice glow, even after setting with some blot powder. I use the 187 brush & get a flawless finish.

The only con is that the packaging isn't ideal.. it would be great if there was a pump so that I didn't have to waste so much.

For reference, i'm a MAC NC35 and use this foundation in #34.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Alot of people have been raving about this on MUA boards so I went to check it out at my local MUFE counter. I use 117 in HD and am matched to 38 for F&B and its quite a good match for me. I am thinking that 20 might work too but the MUFE counters here do not carry that shade. This foundation has the weirdest texture and is unlike any other foundation i have tried. It is like how everyone else describes: a jelly blob consistency; almost like silken tofu? Despite the weird texture I allowed the SA to try it on me and wow i was just amazed at how my skin looked after application. I already have good skin to begin with but I do have some redness here and there. This foundation just evens out my skin nicely without looking like im wearing thick foundation. Although it is 80% water (read it off the website), it offers light to medium coverage and it is very adjustable depending on how you want your look to be. I have used it a couple of times and it looks great in photos (yay for no spf foundation!) However, my only gripe is the weird scent of the foundation; like my grandmama's makeup lol. I do recommend this foundation for someone who wants a semi light natural coverage.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

best. foundation. ever.

EDIT: DO NOT USE THIS. i was so in love with it that i didn't even realize it was causing me severe fakey skin patches(parts of my skin were so dry i had to sleep with aquafor on my face...and even that didn't help) AND cystic pimples...i thought it was a part of my skincare routine that was causing it...but i went on vacation for a few weeks and fortunately left this foundation at home. as soon as i stopped using it, my skin cleared and the dry patches of skin went away!