Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 1/27/2010 5:21:00 PM

I bought MUFE F&B in #18. Im usually a MAC C4. This looked good, and very dewy. It was easy to spread, and I liked the sheer coverage. Only problem was that SO said it made me look kinda red/orange.

I wish this had a pump, because its hard to pour a small amount out, you either end up with little or a huge blob. I put a small blob on a petri dish to use, I didnt clean up yet, and when I came home, I saw that there was BIGtime oil separation! Soo much oil! It also made my skin feel itchy, and I noticed small bumps right away. I'm returning it!

on 1/25/2010 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I am not a fan of this foundation like most. I have oily skin so maybe this is why...it just doesn't sit well on my skin. I don't like the smell either...sort of plasticky. Oh well I'll stick to my MUFE HD..now that, I love!!

on 1/23/2010 2:50:00 AM

This is a good foundation just color selection isnt good if you are NC15-20 since the only color that would match is pink toned. The only reason why I choose the MAC F&B over this is because it has a better color range I use C1 and C2 and it takes away all my redness and evens on my skin tone. The bottle is also like 4x the size of this. I say if you have a good color match then this is a good product, if not try the MAC version.

on 1/19/2010 6:32:00 AM

This is my first foundation ever and i'm in love. I love the fact that it gives me a glowing look not looking cakey at all. It is very sutable during winter coz I have combo skin my my skin became quite dry this time. I recently moved to dubai and found this foundation make me look like a grease ball during summer time. SOmehow i use my afterglow finishing powder and it seems to perfect the foundation... I have this foundation sincw last june and still have much of it. Coverage is sheer to medium and it very buildable. I still have to use MUFE full cover concealer in 6 and my foundation shade is alabaster 32 but unavailabe in dubai. I have to try different color match coz i have light to medium skintone with yellow undertones.

on 1/18/2010 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Easily the best foundation I have yet to use! I have very fair skin, so I took a mark off the overall rating because the lightest colour they have is just a touch too dark for it to get a perfect review.

At first I found it difficult to wear it without it being obvious. After time I learned that I have to moisturize very well before I use it for the application to be flawless. If it came a touch lighter, it would get an A+ !!!

on 1/16/2010 12:06:00 AM

Well here we are. Recently, I was in Macy's and learned that my beloved Prescriptives Virtual Skin in Real Camellia has been discontinued. This, my friends, is even worse news than finding out they've stopped making your favorite bra. And that's pretty bad. Well, I was able to buy up a couple last bottles of Virtual Skin, but I knew that eventually I'd have to commence the search for a new foundation HG and that it could take years. My problem is that I am very fair, and very cool toned. Clinique, for example, has nothing that matches me. I did quite a bit of online reading and came to the obvious conclusion that the color swatches they provide on beauty websites are COMPLETELY WORTHLESS. I don't know why they bother. Anyway, after reading all the good reviews here, I found the one that stood out and that I had a good feeling about is MUFE. I tramped back out to Sephora and, of course, they didn't carry the color I had read about, Pink 36. I persevered, however, and within a few days, the UPS man was ringing my doorbell. I had spent $38 on a makeup shade sight unseen. But it is just beautiful. When I compared the color even to the Px, I thought it was even more perfect for me. Today was the first day I gave it a try. After moisturizing as usual, I shook the bottle and used my fingers to apply it around my eyes, and my usual clean, damp sponge for the rest of my face. Since I use a sponge, I'm glad it doesn't have a pump, but I wish the opening was a bit smaller so I could cover it with my finger, but you can't have everything. Yes, it smells like rosewater, but I love roses, so no problemo. Yes, it has a weird lumpy sort of consistency, but I am really, really happy with it. It actually does look like my skin but better. I'm so happy to have stumbled on this find and this site. Thanks for a great recommendation.

I am a devoted powder foundation user and had purchased the Duo Mat Powder foundation. But I did not like the way it looked on me and exchanged it for this instead. I hate liquid foundations due to the mask-like look and feel. But this has completely changed my mind. I LOVE this foundation. I feel quite vain because I can't stop checking out my complexion. This is the only foundation that has passed my ultimate test: looking good under flourescent lighting. Shade 32 matches my skin perfectly. I shake it really well then use a foundation brush to scrape whatever sticks to the cap and repeat if I need more. It's silly to be so giddy over a foundation, but I can't help myself because it makes me look so darn good.
Update: This would have been awesome if it didn't break me out. Also, the scent was so overwhelming that my little sister couldn't stand to be around me whenever I wore it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

*EDIT*
The bottles now come with pumps. Yay!
---
This is one of my favorite foundations. I have it in two shades, one for winter and one for summer. It's my go to foundation for the "no makeup" makeup look, because it gives me the most natural finish I've ever experienced with any foundation. Once applied correctly, it looks like my skin, but better. I think it has to do with the gel like consistency, which threw me off at first, because I had a hard time figuring out the best method of application. From trial and error, I've found that your finger tips are the best tool for applying this. After primer (I use Monistat anti-chaffing gel) I use a q-tip to dab a bit on one area of my face, use my fingertips to rub it in a circular motion until it dries up, then I move onto another small area of the face. If I need extra coverage in some areas like the under eye area, around my nostrils, or to cover a blemished area, I just smooth on another layer after the initial layer dries, eliminating the need for concealer. It blends in flawlessly and doesn't look cakey at all. I usually finish with a loose powder (I use NARS, great!) and voila! Beautifully flawless, yet natural and not too done up.
The only thing that I would change about this is the bottle and how you either have to pour it out (which usually gives you too much) or use a q-tip (which wastes product). Also, I've knocked it over with the cap off a couple of times and needless to say, I think I might have shed a tear. I would much rather have a pump dispenser, but I don't know if that would affect the integrity of the consistency. Another thing that I'm not sure if I mind is the fragrance. It's has a rather strong floral fragrance that might be too intense for some. My mother loves it, and I got used to it. I don't think it irritates my skin as much as any other foundation, because let's face it, whether it's comedogenic or not, make up still clogs pores if not properly removed.

on 1/6/2010 9:32:00 PM

I wanted to love this soooooooo bad!!!! It matches my skin perfectly and the finish is gorgeous. Like my skin, but much better.....until about an hour or two later. It looks like it melts off my face around my brows and around my nose and I don't have really oily skin! I have tried numerous ways to get it to stay on longer, but nothing as worked. It took me a year to work up the guts to buy this. I wanted it mostly for the staying power. so sad...

I bought a setting spray from Skindinavia and it has helped with keeping my tinted moisturizer on all day. I decided to give F&B another try. It stays on all day with the setting spray and looks great!! I'm so happy because this is a beautiful foundation. I hate the look of foundation on your face. This just looks like your skin.

on 12/31/2009 9:28:00 PM

I cannot believe it!! MUFE finally added some new shades to their wondrous Face & Body Foundation! Life has new meaning. I purchased #38 Pink Porcelain, and it is perfect. Just perfect. Okay, not perfect - I have to layer it on on days when I need extra coverage, but it is as close to perfect as I think liquid foundation might ever get. This is my HG. All right, gushing aside, here is what I like about it. 1) Wonderful texture. It has this unique gel-like consistency, and once applied, it feels and looks like it's just skin. It doesn't look like you have foundation on at all. I normally only apply one layer to the top half of my face, and two or three to the bottom to ensure coverage of blemishes and to even out skin tone. The bottom half always perfectly matches the top even with those additional layers. 2) The color match is just about perfect. I am very pale-skinned, and until now, the very lightest shade was always too dark. Also, the color does not change. The way it looked on the first application is the way it looks when I wash it off at night. As far as dislikes, I wish it came in a pump bottle, I wouldn't mind if they made a version that had a little more coverage, and I wish it wasn't so expensive.