July 25, 2014 | 1753 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 4:02:00 AM More reviews by banapple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

great product!! for a good price too. I've never used the bare escentual mineral loose powders so I can't really compare this one to that one. but I do love physician's formula mineral powder, it's great for oily complexions. packaging is kind of odd. i don't like the plastic dome with the little brush inside. the brush sucks by the way....use a bigger powder brush.

other than that i'm pretty satisfied with this =D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by tenbabytoes

I have used all of the major brands, bobbi brown, clinique, lancome etc. and have finally found my FAVORITE makeup. It is nice to know that I can use one product that does everything. . powder & foundation. Make sure you get a nice powder brush because the brush is poorly made and difficult to use. This product gives me a flawless complexion without looking over done. Have told all of my friends about it that are wasting their money on Bare Minerals. Colors are very true.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by vivix

ignore the reallllllly crappy brush it comes with and you have a FABULOUS product. i otten use this when i don't feel like wearing foundation and it really covers my redness and diminishes the appearance of acne without obliterating it completely so i don't look like i'm wearing anything. it doesn't make me break out nor does it make me greasy. it lasts forever too! it can get a little messy but it's worth it. and it has a visible effect too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by son_of_salmon

I'm a male and I must say that this is the only foundation I've found that I can put on and not have that makeup look. For that reason I highly cherish this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by PinkDagger

Being the only loose mineral powder readily available and generally affordable near me, Physicians Formula is a lifesaver. It doesn't cover ALL of my acne and acne scars, but it does a significantly better job than other foundations I've used on my skin. With some other minor adjustments to my regime (moisturizing tonnes - dry skin is powder's enemy!!), the powder slides on sleek and doesn't rub off like other foundation forms I've used. It looks so great, and even though it doesn't cover everything, it does a damn good job at everything else.

The packaging is weird. I can't say I'm a huge fan of it, and I usually end up losing powder off the edges when I tap the brush, but besides that, I would definitely recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by xjessie

This product made my skin break out so bad! It was disgusting. I used it twice - two days in a row and BAM! I had major breakout.

The product itself was all right but nothing special. It didn't seem to blend very well for me.

I won't buy this ever again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by criscovisco

i had been using bare minerals until i was on vacation and realized i didn't pack up all of my makeup. i ran to the nearest drug store and found this - and i am so glad i did! it is my HG

you get 14g of this loose powder vs. 2g in bare minerals' full-sized pot. i don't notice a difference in quality between the two - i will never go back to bare minerals' prices while this is around! and i found a shade that matches my skin far better than bare minerals.

the packaging is a little weird - i usually tap powder into the dome-shaped cap and then i twirl and tap the powder with my brush in that cap. i don't use the brush that comes with the product. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Iammelody

I bought this in Translucent Light. At first I wasin't that thrilled with this one because of the stupid packaging, and I also didn't know how to use it properly. After learning from my mistakes, this makes a wonderful foundation on its own, rather than just being a finishing powder(works well for that too).
The key is to blend well especially in redder areas. I have to work it a bit, but the end result is worth it. This works so much better than my beloved Maybelline Purestay which is crap compared to this stuff. And It really does feel like a second skin. Not heavy at all. I also notice that this dosen't have that pinkish undertone that most d/s foundations seem have. This color matches me perfectly.
For the record, I'm acne prone, have red acne scars, big pores, alot of red areas and dry/oily skin. With this I have to admit for once I look FLAWLESS.....Until I take it off. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2008 5:54:00 AM More reviews by superha74

After reading all the reviews, I decided to give this product a try. The Buff Beige was the shade I brought home and at first, I tried using it to set my make-up with a fluffy powder brush. I was using MAC Studio Fix(NC35) but it's too dark a shade for me now that it's winter time...this definitely did not have the staying power of my Studio Fix powder and the finish kind of took the life out of my skin.
Then I tried using it as my foundation by applying this over my Smashbox primer with a dense face brush from Philosophy. It looked chalky and it settled into my pores.
Just as I was about to chuck this product, I decided to give it one last try. This time I used the mini Kabuki brush that came with the product over my Dr. Feelgood primer. I couldn't believe my eyes!!! My skin was smooth and luminous without looking glittery. The shine in my T-zone was gone and my skin didn't look flat and lifeless. I applied my blush right on top and after a spritz of Fix+ I was done and didn't have to retouch all day. I guess the firmness of the brush was the key, since all the brushes I had used prior were all soft and had too much"give". I'm loving the finish now and as an added plus, I've noticed a reduction in redness that I naturally have in my skin. Very happy with this product...just wish the packaging wasn't so crappy. When you tap it into the fliplid, there doesn't seem to be enough product and when you tap it into the dome lid, it's too much. Other than that, I will be using this for a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by cherryshake290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I've used Everyday Minerals and Pure Luxe, and this stuff is the best deal. The color selection is a bit lacking, and I had to mix some lighter Pure Luxe samples in with it to achieve the right color, but it turned out alright.
The coverage is excellent and does not appear cakey. To apply, I actually tap some powder through the sifter into the round lid and use it from there. You only need a little bit, so it lasts forever. I've had it for about three months or so and I use it 5x a week and still have a little over half remaining. For only $11, this is a way better deal than the online retailers, and works just the same if not better. After a few hours I usually need to apply some powder, because it doesn't stay matte.