Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 3/3/2008 1:51:00 AM

This was my first mineral powder, and I'm in love with it now. I had been using Covergirl pressed powder which I needed to reapply about 4 times a day, and it didn't even set my concealer. Now I reapply like twice a day, or I can just blot. Myabe concealer stays set all day long, so all I need to reapply for is the shine. I've alos noticed that my crazy acne prone skin has started to calm down a little bit too. The only thing that sucks with this product is the packaging. I hate the brush that comes with it, as does everybody else by the sounds of it, and I hate the method of dispensing. But that won't stop me from buying it again. I love it.

on 3/1/2008 12:07:00 AM

This product is ok for me. At first it looks decent on my skin, but after a few hours my skin gets very shiny and oily. It looks like I have dirt smeared on my face when I wear it (it looks dirty, I didn't get the wrong shade or anything). The packaging is a great idea though.

on 2/21/2008 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

i needed a new loose powder and im not reeli fond of talc, so i went 2 a drugstore to purchase a talc-free powder and this was d only one tht did not contain talc and had reasonable price. i used this in light which has nice yellow-tone under it, other shades had orangey-pink Cover Girl tones in it. it was a reasonable powder but i stopped wearing it and left in d corner of my room. then i read som of d reviews from mua and found out tht a lot of ppl use this as a mineral foundation instead of just powder. So i've got my brush out and applied d way i'd apply mineral foundation. it looked so good i regreted tht i used this only lyk 5 times after i bot it. it has medium coverage tht covers my acne scarrings and if i use my finger or concealer brush to apply with, it camouflages my dark circles and pimples well. i thot packaging was nice, powder wasnt flying everywhere, but just a normal screw-top shifter jar is much more easy to use than this dome shaped jar. so i transsfered some of my powder to an empty shifter jat, now its much easier to use. as every1 agree d little brush tht comes wit d powder is too rough, i threw mine out too. since it matches my skintone well and offers decent coverage with reasonable price, it was an ok product nothing spcl.

on 2/19/2008 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After reacting horribly to BE products, I decided to give mineral makeup another try... did some research on MUA.... and was turned onto PF because it's supposedly gentler on the skin AND it's easily accessible at the local DS. So far so good. SAme effects as BE, only no breakouts. Yes, the brush is horrible, but other than that... I think I've found my HG mineral foundation! EDIT: eh, i'm not liking the oiliness of it all after an hour or so. How do you prevent that?

on 2/15/2008 3:39:00 PM

I'm using this product as a back up until I decide which shade of foundation to buy from Everyday Minerals, and when that time comes i'll be ordering their custom kit. I've ordered some samples so far and want to make sure i use the right shade before i order the large size... and while physicians' formula has been good for me so far (goes on smoothly, easy to apply, no breakouts) it's way too pricey compared to Everyday Minerals.. I bought it for 18.99 CDN which i find unreasonable since for $32, everyday gives you any selection of SIX products on their site , including foundations, eyeshadows, makeup brushes, concealers and blushes!! What a steal!! and they only use all-natural ingredients so it's much healthier for your skin than alot of drugstore makeup.. i highly recommend checking out their website www.everydayminerals.com.
Oh and i don't know why there are still 5 lippies since i gave packaging only 1 lippy.. the packaging sucks!!! powder flies all over the place no matter how carefully i remove the lid.. i recommend using another plastic container if you have one around the house.

on 2/12/2008 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

like the other mineral wear products, this has not made me break out and has improved the texture of my skin. it covers well, and i use this as a setting powder for the fdn mixed with moisturizer. do not use the brush it comes with, it is really rough and just, not good. use a normal powder brush. this gives a nice dewy finish. i got buff beige, and it matches my med light warm skin.

*EDIT* i realized that this makes my skin much more oily, so i think this would be good for those with parched skin. so im lowering my rating from a 5 to a 3.

on 2/9/2008 9:55:00 PM

I love this product! I'm unable to afford an expensive mineral makeup such as BE, so I tried this one. The PF mineral wear covered my skin great. I have a few acne scars that it completely covered. The brush that it comes with is not that good. I did buy a 5 dollar brush at Ulta that is for loose powder, and it worked very well. Therefore, Im not sure if spending 30 bucks on a brush is necessary. I highly recommend this product to anyone!

I even compared the ingrediants with that of BE. There are a lot of similar ones. PF does not have Bismuth in it, which is good because it it causes a lot of women problems with their skin.

Try this product. Its only about 12 bucks, and its definately worth the try. It looks very natural and even. No makeup line!

This mineral makeup is just ok. It covers fairly well, but to get the coverage I need I have to apply at least two layers which looks cakey after a couple hours. I'm not sure if it oxidizes or if I just bought a shade too dark for my skintone, but there is definitely an orange tint that I don't like. The texture is not awful - smooth enough to spread evenly, but it doesn't seem to blend well into the skin like mineral makeup should in my opinion. I don't think that this makeup has ever broken me out, which is a plus. The packaging is convenient, and there is a plastic piece that can be lifted up in order to shake the powder out, which keeps it from being too messy. I would not repurchase this makeup again, and will only use the amount that I have left if I happen to run out of something better.

on 1/29/2008 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hands down, the best mineral makeup for my skin. I have worn BE, Aromaleigh, Philosophy, Youngblood, L'oreal, Laura Mercier and others. BE broke me out terribly. The rest all had issues: too shiny, no coverage, no oil absorption, but this mineral makeup offers coverage, no oily break through and no break outs. I really love it.

on 1/27/2008 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

great product!! for a good price too. I've never used the bare escentual mineral loose powders so I can't really compare this one to that one. but I do love physician's formula mineral powder, it's great for oily complexions. packaging is kind of odd. i don't like the plastic dome with the little brush inside. the brush sucks by the way....use a bigger powder brush.

other than that i'm pretty satisfied with this =D