September 16, 2014 | 1807 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 9:55:00 PM More reviews by shylen8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I'm unable to afford an expensive mineral makeup such as BE, so I tried this one. The PF mineral wear covered my skin great. I have a few acne scars that it completely covered. The brush that it comes with is not that good. I did buy a 5 dollar brush at Ulta that is for loose powder, and it worked very well. Therefore, Im not sure if spending 30 bucks on a brush is necessary. I highly recommend this product to anyone!

I even compared the ingrediants with that of BE. There are a lot of similar ones. PF does not have Bismuth in it, which is good because it it causes a lot of women problems with their skin.

Try this product. Its only about 12 bucks, and its definately worth the try. It looks very natural and even. No makeup line!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by besidetheocean

This mineral makeup is just ok. It covers fairly well, but to get the coverage I need I have to apply at least two layers which looks cakey after a couple hours. I'm not sure if it oxidizes or if I just bought a shade too dark for my skintone, but there is definitely an orange tint that I don't like. The texture is not awful - smooth enough to spread evenly, but it doesn't seem to blend well into the skin like mineral makeup should in my opinion. I don't think that this makeup has ever broken me out, which is a plus. The packaging is convenient, and there is a plastic piece that can be lifted up in order to shake the powder out, which keeps it from being too messy. I would not repurchase this makeup again, and will only use the amount that I have left if I happen to run out of something better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 8:41:00 AM More reviews by marylizette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hands down, the best mineral makeup for my skin. I have worn BE, Aromaleigh, Philosophy, Youngblood, L'oreal, Laura Mercier and others. BE broke me out terribly. The rest all had issues: too shiny, no coverage, no oil absorption, but this mineral makeup offers coverage, no oily break through and no break outs. I really love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 4:02:00 AM More reviews by banapple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

great product!! for a good price too. I've never used the bare escentual mineral loose powders so I can't really compare this one to that one. but I do love physician's formula mineral powder, it's great for oily complexions. packaging is kind of odd. i don't like the plastic dome with the little brush inside. the brush sucks by the way....use a bigger powder brush.

other than that i'm pretty satisfied with this =D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by tenbabytoes

I have used all of the major brands, bobbi brown, clinique, lancome etc. and have finally found my FAVORITE makeup. It is nice to know that I can use one product that does everything. . powder & foundation. Make sure you get a nice powder brush because the brush is poorly made and difficult to use. This product gives me a flawless complexion without looking over done. Have told all of my friends about it that are wasting their money on Bare Minerals. Colors are very true.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by vivix

ignore the reallllllly crappy brush it comes with and you have a FABULOUS product. i otten use this when i don't feel like wearing foundation and it really covers my redness and diminishes the appearance of acne without obliterating it completely so i don't look like i'm wearing anything. it doesn't make me break out nor does it make me greasy. it lasts forever too! it can get a little messy but it's worth it. and it has a visible effect too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 1:45:00 AM More reviews by son_of_salmon

I'm a male and I must say that this is the only foundation I've found that I can put on and not have that makeup look. For that reason I highly cherish this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by PinkDagger

Being the only loose mineral powder readily available and generally affordable near me, Physicians Formula is a lifesaver. It doesn't cover ALL of my acne and acne scars, but it does a significantly better job than other foundations I've used on my skin. With some other minor adjustments to my regime (moisturizing tonnes - dry skin is powder's enemy!!), the powder slides on sleek and doesn't rub off like other foundation forms I've used. It looks so great, and even though it doesn't cover everything, it does a damn good job at everything else.

The packaging is weird. I can't say I'm a huge fan of it, and I usually end up losing powder off the edges when I tap the brush, but besides that, I would definitely recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2008 9:01:00 PM More reviews by xjessie

This product made my skin break out so bad! It was disgusting. I used it twice - two days in a row and BAM! I had major breakout.

The product itself was all right but nothing special. It didn't seem to blend very well for me.

I won't buy this ever again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by criscovisco

i had been using bare minerals until i was on vacation and realized i didn't pack up all of my makeup. i ran to the nearest drug store and found this - and i am so glad i did! it is my HG

you get 14g of this loose powder vs. 2g in bare minerals' full-sized pot. i don't notice a difference in quality between the two - i will never go back to bare minerals' prices while this is around! and i found a shade that matches my skin far better than bare minerals.

the packaging is a little weird - i usually tap powder into the dome-shaped cap and then i twirl and tap the powder with my brush in that cap. i don't use the brush that comes with the product. continued >>