April 25, 2014 | 1109 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by waterbaby241

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was sooo excited to find this product in Target, after reading great reviews here. I should have kept reading until I got to the bad reviews, 'cuz my vote certainly goes at this end of the scale. There are only 2 good things about this product. One, it's cheap. Two, it has a nice spray, but big deal. Other than that, this stuff was a huge disappointment. After just 3 uses, on wet hair before I blew it dry, my hair got totally dried out, crunchy, and was super hard to dry with my round brush & dryer. The brush kept getting stuck, which is something that never happens when I use Redken Smooth Down heat glide. I never should have listened to my hair stylist who said Redken is too heavy for my hair.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Makeupfreak11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my first heat protection spray. I bought it because of all the hype and generally good reviews. I have to say, I am disappointed. It does help when I am blow-drying my hair, leaves a good scent, but that's about it. My hair tends to break alot when I straighten it, and although this helped with the breakage, my hair felt really heavy afterward and really sticky.I even had trouble straightening it because the product made my hair all wet. It also caused split ends to appear.When I stopped using it, my hair got its flow back. For the 8$ I paid, I think it was a rip-off.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after hearing all the raves and reviews about it, and I was very disappointed with this product. It's very runny, even for a mist, and I had to apply A LOT because it's not very concentrated at all. The smell is really cheap smelling, and I tried to use some other products to mask the smell, but it still lingered a bit. I didn't notice my hair getting any better from the blow drying and heat styling, and for the $7 I paid, I could've spent towards something that actually did something for my hair. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by bea218

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Tresemme because they always have great deals and products. I have been hearing a lot about this particular product and I love it! This or something like this is good to have for everyone, we all use straighteners and curling irons most of the time so its good to know this helps our hair. Simple and easy to use, and has a great smell. It has worked well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by xVanniex

I had bought this on a whim while walking through walmart and i must say, this is the best impulse buy i've ever made. It smells soooooo good, though it's a difficult scent to describe. Overall it does what it's supposed to, which is to protect my hair from heat && so on. Will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by jnn78

I do not like this product at all. I liked this when I first started using it, but after a while I noticed my hair had more split ends than before. The smell is nice, but that is pretty much the only thing I liked about this product. I generally like Tresemme products, but this one was a disappointment. Not a great heat protectant :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by psforever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an amazing product. I am a fan of Tresemme hair products just because they work well for my hair. I have thick, layered hair that falls beneath my shoulders. Styling my hair is such a pain in the butt because it is so thick! The Tresemme heat tamer spray makes my hair so much more manageable and softer! I spray it onto my damp hair and then blowdry. My hair looks super shiny and soft after this!
I even spray this into my damp hair even if I am not blowdrying or putting heat to my hair. It almost acts as a leave in conditioner because my hair feels so soft throughout the day and looks super shiny. I am on my second bottle and I definitely recommend this product to all!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by pe4chzncre4m

I'm currently on my second bottle of this. I don't know if it actually does anything for my hair because I got my hair cut recently and use this every day before I blow dry my hair, and I still see split ends that weren't there before. I like to think that it does help my hair though.. because it makes it feel soft. It's cheap and I like that way it sprays a fine even mist. It smells nice too. I'll continue to use it even though I'm not sure if its actually helping or hurting..

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by allyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is really nice! I like the nozzle because it sprays out in a fan shape so it's very misty and even...not all in one place. I mostly use it before I curl my hair with a curling iron. If you curl right away after you spray, the curls come out very shiny, curly and they last a long time. So I advice to separate the hair and apply to spray to small sections and then curl. Don't spray all over at once because then the product will dry by the time you get to curl your whole head. It's a good styling product on wet hair as well, since it protects from the heat as you blow dry. It doesn't leave much build up which is nice...but then again you should probably wash your hair everyday or every other day, so it shouldn't be a problem. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Kjean05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Loved this product. It's spray nozel distributes product evenly all over hair. It also smells great. You can apply it to wet hair or dry hair or both if you dry your hair and then flat iron it without it leaving any residue behind. It costs around $4. Definately worth it. Would repurchase.