November 22, 2014 | 971 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 7:08:00 PM More reviews by kamlin98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always have this cleanser/exfoliator on hand. From time to time I get small bumps on my jaw line and my cheeks. I used to work at a spa and have used a ton of different exfoliators from the gentlest to chemical peel strength, but all of these either didn't do anything or irritated my skin. Angels is one of the first items I used from Lush, I took it home and used it everyday for about of week and it totally cleared up the bumps. I have used it for that purpose several times since then and it still works! I only use it for that purpose though because it is too gentle to serve as a regular exfoliator.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by xokMb13

i'm giving this a 4 because it really wasn't for my skin, but i think it still would do great on other people. it does exfoliate, feels pretty good, and the thing i liked about it was that my skin felt really clean, and still moisturized and exfoliated. the reason why i rated this a 4 is because the next morning i woke up my face started to break out worse than it had before.
i really think this is a good product but would just work better on people who have no acne, or don't break out that much.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by v333

Although this is marketed as a cleanser, I would not depend on it for washing makeup off or even using it at the end of the day to get rid of oils and grime. However, it is awesome as a morning cleanser! My face is usually not oily in the morning, so I try to use gentler cleansers, or else I'd get dry patches. This product definitely helps with the dry patches, as it exfoliates and moisturizes at the same time. Makeup application goes on smoother than before. I have been using this every morning for about 2 months now with no problem. I would not recommend this product if you are very oily in the morning and if you have active cystic pimples, since the exfoliation may be irritating. For reference, I am somewhat acne-prone with combination skin. So far this has not broken me out.

I would recommend placing a small amount in those black plastic sample jars from Lush for daily usage, since the product goes mushy when even a drop of water touches it. I store the rest of the product in the fridge and replenish as needed. After wetting the face, take a pea sized or larger amount, place it in the palm of your hand, and add a couple drops of water. Use a finger to mush the chunk into a paste-like consistency, then rub your hands together and apply to face, rubbing gently. Rinse with water, pat dry with towel. I usually follow up with Tea Tree Toner (also Lush) and apply moisturizer while my face is still damp from the toner.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by puppyl0ve9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm rating the packaging a 5 because I support LUSH being eco-friendly.

I got this stuff for free because I spent over $40 one day and I've been using it recently twice a day for the past 2 weeks. However, I've had this stuff for over a month - and its pretty good when you want to have that spa feeling. It smells nice, not spectacular. Its definitely a new texture and approach to my routine so if you feel the need to try something new - I would give this a try.

First try, never again. I'm glad I got this stuff for free otherwise I would've walked right past it. This does not clean at all. Thank goodness for toner! Your face DOES feel supersoft afterwards.

I just finished my Clinique Acne Solutions and planning on finishing all the free cleansers that I managed to collect. My face was pretty clear and Clinique kept my oilies at bay - but AOBS screwed that up.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2009 3:16:00 PM More reviews by binnyvintage

I have NEVER written a review for anything in my life but felt I should write one for this product. I went to the Lush store a few days ago, as I was sick and tired of my dry acne prone skin. I am always worried about using new products as my skin breaks out at the drop of a hat. This time though I though I would give a new cleanser a go. Big mistake! My skin is more dry and has broken out really bad. I know they say that it is 'drawing out the bad stuff' but I would rather it stay in there than have spots in places I have never had them before and dry flaking skin...Thanks Lush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

While this isn't my favourite lush product, I like it. I know it's billed as a cleanser, but I think it works better for me as an ultra gentle exfoliator. I have dry skin, so frequent exfoliation is my friend to remove flakes, and this exfoliator is so gentle I could use it twice daily if I wanted to. I find it's a bit drying, but then, most cleansers tend to be drying on me. That's nothing a good moisturizer won't help.

The most annoying thing about this product is the messiness involved in using it. To use it you need to scoop out a bit from the tub it comes in and add water to create a paste, which can be a little messy and time-consuming. It doesn't really lather, though it isn't really supposed to, since it's half exfoliator. Washing it off can also get kind of messy, and the little grainy bits in the product get everywhere.

I do like that you can choose the amount you want to buy, so if you know you won't get through much of the product in 3 months, you can buy only the amount you need.

Overall, a nice gentle exfoliator, but there are better cleansers out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

This product is not good for sensitive skin. I can't use anything too harsh. It may be good for once a week but it always made me break out when I used it. I love most of Lush products, but their face stuff is just too harsh for me If you have normal skin I am sure it would be great! Just be careful if you have oily sensitive break out prone skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a 100gm tub of Angels on Bare Skin free with my last LUSH purchase. I used to use this years ago but as I like to try new things I stopped buying it. I am so happy I got this freebie! This is a gentle cleanser so if you are wearing makeup you should use another product to remove that first. Even though its gentle I can't use it everyday without getting a bit of irritation, so one lippie off, my skin loves lavender but glycerin sometimes bothers me. I use it twice/week for my AM cleanse. All I do is pinch of a large pea size blob, wet my face, then add 3 or 4 drops of water and work it into a paste. It really doesn't take that much time and I don't find it to be a hassle. I massage the paste all over my skin and then rinse with a wash cloth. My face glows, feels soft and is not the least bit dry. If you don't like lavender you should probably pass on this one. The packaging is not the greatest (who needs fancy packaging), as long as you tightly close the lid on the plastic tub and keep water out of it, the product will last until its expiry date.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by diva_versace85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a gentle scrub that you could use on a daily basis; though i think it's best to use it at a maximum of once a day (Wouldn't want to over-exfoliate)
Moisturizing after the scrub is optional; so that's a nice plus :)
It didn't do a good job at removing makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by meg101

Excellent exfoliator/cleanser! I use this every 2-3 days and my skin feels great...will repurchase.