LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 5/27/2009 2:46:00 PM

I liked this cleanser but it was a little too oily for my skin year round. I'd only use it in the winter when I get dried out. Love the smell though.

When I first started using this, about a month ago, I thought it was working nicely on my dry skin, and loved how soft my face felt after using it. About a week later, I noticed a pimple on my forehead and one above my lip (two places I never ever break out), and this was the only thing I had added to my regimen. Even though my skin is dry, I feel like the oils in this cause me to break out, and then the pimples get all peely and gross because of the dryness. I wish the lush lady had given me a sample size like I had asked for so I wouldn't have wasted $9.

on 5/25/2009 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I prefer to use this as an exfoliant and then use a very gentle cleanser afterwards as I don't much like the slight film of oil. I generally mash some baking soda in for a little extra exfoliation. It's reasonably pricey in NZ too. Overall I suppose it's ok but nothing fantastic. Some of the oil leaked out from the paper when it was in my bag on the way home which wasn't too nice. I keep it in one of the black pots I had a fresh mask in, and that seems to work ok.

Probably won't repurchase seeing as it's so expensive, I'll most likely go for Trilogy exfoliant next.

on 5/22/2009 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this product! I have combination skin. This is used as my morning cleanser. The smell isnt great, but after awhile you dont notice it. A little goes a long way. Take a pea sized amount in the palm of your hand, and rub into your palm with water to make a paste. Apply to your face in circular motions. It has i think pieces of almonds or something to that consistency, which makes for a great exfoliator. It tends to get a little messy, and isnt quick to just massage into your face and wash off. It doesnt take a little time to prepare and exfoliate. It leaves your skin so SOFT! I couldnt believe it. It is pricey, but for the amount that you get, it could last months! You can also ask for a certain amount whether by price or weight, and you can purchase it that way.

on 5/21/2009 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got this as a sample from Lush. I told the SA that I have very oily skin but it can be sensitive so she gave me a sample of this and aquamarina. Thinking back, I would have rather took a risk and got something to help me feel cleaner (herbalism, ocean salt, etc.). I really like things that lather so this didn't really make me feel clean. The smell is weird and it did make my face feel smooth, but I think it has oil in it so I think that's what is making my face soft, and my face is oily enough! I don't agree with the statement that cleansers shouldn't strip all of your natural oils out or you will overproduce oil- I've talked to many dermatologists who say that for me, it is a totally internal problem that is not affected by external products- but I'm basically just stating that I need something a little more drying becaause that is what it takes for me to feel clean. I would not buy or recommend this, but I suggest trying a sample because so many people seem to love it!

on 5/20/2009 10:26:00 PM

I didn't really like this. I read some reviews and was excited to try it. it did nothing for me. I did not like the packaging. I was very disappointed in this product. I never got the right consistency with this product. It was a waste fo money for me.

on 5/19/2009 12:01:00 AM

When I first used this I immediately loved it. It makes your skin so soft. Then, after about a week of using it every morning in the shower, my face started breaking out. I have combo skin. If you never have breakouts, this might feel very nice on your skin, but if you are prone to breakouts every now and then, I would say, Beware......

on 5/15/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this product almost daily. I guess it's supposed to be an exfoliater, but it's gentle enough for more frequent use. The ingredients are all natural, so it only lasts around 3 months. My latest purchase of this was the 3.5 oz size online, and I received it in a flimsy plastic box, with the lid taped down (1 lip off for packaging). I recommend putting the product in a better container. What I do is put a week's amount into a small black screw on container a LUSH store gave me when I got a sample of the cleanser. I like using this in the shower because it can get a little messy with the lavender bits. I get a pea size amount in my palm, sprinkle a tiny bit of water on it, and then mix/mash it so it's easier to spread on my face. :) My face always feels balanced (very clean, but not dry, which is what my skin tends to be) after cleansing with this.

on 5/15/2009 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got a sample of this during my last visit to LUSH. I have semi-oily skin and tend to breakout if I don't use a cleanser that works for me. When I tried this out, I was left feeling oilier than before I started off. This is a very gentle cleanser and will be good for normal skin. My mother loves it! As for me, I'll stick to Herbalism. It works wonders! :)

on 5/15/2009 2:52:00 AM

I don't feel like this cleaned my skin at all. I wear a decent amount of makeup and I guess my skin is kind of greasy at the end of the day. This didn't work well for me at all. I like a clean finish and AOBS did not give me that.