LUSH Angels on Bare Skin

3.9

Ground Almonds Glycerine Kaolin Water (Aqua) Lavender Oil Rose Absolute Chamomile Blue Oil Tagetes Oil Benzoin Resinoid Lavender Flowers *Limonene *Linalool

on 7/16/2009 4:50:00 PM

I LOVE THIS!!! I remember the first time i used this i noticed a difference! If your really picky on what you put on your face because you have extra sensitive skin...TRY IT
I've converted even the most stubborn and moanist girls to use this product..and they love it.

You only need a pea size and once you get in the hang of knowing just how much water to add to it in your palm your experienced to use all the rest of the lush products.

It made my skin feel smooth and SOFT! Also if you think its exspensive I just have to say if you were to buy a facewash from like superdrugs or boots they are normally about 3-4pounds but if you just spend a extra 2quid you can afford lush...

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I am almost giving this 5 stars. I like it, it makes my skin smooth and clean but I am not sure if I will by again because I do not find it helping my dry patches on my face. I am using it because it is a pricey product, maybe I will try something when I am done. But I do think it's a very good product.

on 7/13/2009 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! The only cleanser that doesn't break me out and I never get pimples anymore, not even on my period. Smell took some getting used to as did the proper way to mix it but I love it. I also shared this with my bf and his brother and it worked miracles on both of them as well

on 7/10/2009 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG morning cleanser!(Ultrabland is my nighttime HG)
at first i wasnt sure on the smell but now im addicted i randomly open the pot just to sniff it lol although my boyfriend thinks it smells and looks vile! he read this on the lush site
'Rare, precious essential oils were first brought to Europe by the crusaders who encountered Arabian medicine; they were immediately banned by the church because of their ability to alter states of mind - the devil's work!'

and said yeh they're not kidding! it smells and looks like the devils work! oh well lol its still a great cleanser just hide it from ur bf so he cant take the p!ss :P

anyway back 2 the review..it takes a while to get use to using it and its more time consuming than regular cleansers but its so worth it for the results (if ur confused about how to use it search on youtube and theres tutorials!). i wet my face with hot water then i mix a walnut size amount with a lil bit of water into a paste in the palm of my hand then apply to my face all over, even on the delicate under eye and eyelid area-i found its reduced my dark circles alot and smoothes the skin, i leave it on for a few minutes (while i make my breakfast loll) then rinse it off with warm water gently scrubbing my forehead, nose, chin & cheeks in circular motions till its all removed (its REALLY easy to wash off) then splash my face with cool water. it leaves skin even toned, smooth and with NO tight feeling you get with other cleansers. I LOVE LUSH SKINCARE! x

on 7/8/2009 10:31:00 PM

Horrible soap. It left a greasy gross film on my face and BROKE me out soooo bad. I had the worst blackheads and the stuff wouldnt wash off! It is cheap and horrible! I wanted to try other Lush products but I am scared. The sales women are horrible as well and don't know anything about the products.

on 7/7/2009 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really like this product. I find my skin much clearer and less oily after using this. I noticed a difference right after washing it off for the first time.

The scent is very strong and kinda makes me nauseous if I take a wiff, but I suck it up and just use it because I really like using it. It kinda smells like grass and herbal stuff hahah. It kinda smells like the forest to me, if that makes sense. Even though the scent is very strong, it washes away and you dont smell it after.You should definitely use a moisturizer after washing your face with AOBS.

on 7/6/2009 1:15:00 AM

As long as you wet the product before applying it (and your face as well) I don't find this to be gritty or leave a film. I do use a washcloth to make sure i get it all off, but I like it a lot. Unlike some of Lushs other products (ahem, face masks coughcough) this tends to last. Also, it comes in a plastic container always (not wrapped in paper).

Angels on Bareskin does have seeds in it and whatnot, but they are easily washed off. I have combination skin and i get zits on my chin and forehead when I don't use angels on bare skin or herbalism (both Lush products). Although, like all Lush products, this is pricer - you can choose how much you buy when you go to the store since it's by weight.

on 6/30/2009 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have dry skin like no one ever and ever since I came home from Asia, I tend to be acne prone all the time. I was reading the reviews here and I was leaning towards the Aqua Marine but the sales representative recommended this as my skin is dry. I decided to go for it. I can tell the difference after the first wash, my skin was softer and a lot more moisturized. It clears up my skin and keeps the pimples away. BUT I noticed when I stop using this, my pimples come back and I get those tiny bumps along my jawline. Overall, it is a good cleanser. I will keep using it for clearer skin.

on 6/30/2009 1:38:00 PM

This is absolutely my HG cleanser. I have ruddy, temperamental, sensitive skin. I'm a rosacea sufferer, and I occasionally have break-outs. When I moved from the mountains of North Carolina up to Boston Mass, my skin absolutely FREAKED OUT. It took me months of tears, frustration, and a drain on my purse to find something, ANYTHING, that would help my skin out. Angels on Bare Skin was it.

Yes, the packaging sucks. Yes, the price is a bit high. Yes, it's a bit hard to use. But none of those things could keep me away from this product. It turned swollen, bumpy, inflamed skin into soft, smooth, even-textured skin. My cheeks are still red, as they will always be, but my rosacea no longer flares at ALL using AOBS. This was a godsend for me, and I can't imagine what I'd be doing now if I'd never found it. I would recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin, acne, or rosacea in a heartbeat!

I will say that I only wash my face about once every 16-24 hours. Whether that has to do with the Angels on Bare Skin or just my specific skin type, I do not know. If I wash any more or less than that, my cheeks dry out and break out.

If you're searching for something that will calm down your skin and give you some relief, please check it out! Lush is really good about giving free samples, just ask for one!

on 6/30/2009 7:41:00 AM

I purchased this after seeing some good reviews. I have combo skin that breaks out every now and then.
I wanted something that cleans well without drying me out and AOBS does this!
I'll admit it doesn't smell that pretty and is a bit hard to work with, but I think the results are worth the obstacles.
I think the trick is to wipe yourself with a damp facecloth to ensure no gritty residue is left on your face.
Happy with my skin, I've been using it for a bit over a week and my skin looks very fresh and clear, very happy will purchase again.