October 21, 2014 | 1862 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2009 1:45:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

While this isn't my favourite lush product, I like it. I know it's billed as a cleanser, but I think it works better for me as an ultra gentle exfoliator. I have dry skin, so frequent exfoliation is my friend to remove flakes, and this exfoliator is so gentle I could use it twice daily if I wanted to. I find it's a bit drying, but then, most cleansers tend to be drying on me. That's nothing a good moisturizer won't help.

The most annoying thing about this product is the messiness involved in using it. To use it you need to scoop out a bit from the tub it comes in and add water to create a paste, which can be a little messy and time-consuming. It doesn't really lather, though it isn't really supposed to, since it's half exfoliator. Washing it off can also get kind of messy, and the little grainy bits in the product get everywhere.

I do like that you can choose the amount you want to buy, so if you know you won't get through much of the product in 3 months, you can buy only the amount you need.

Overall, a nice gentle exfoliator, but there are better cleansers out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

This product is not good for sensitive skin. I can't use anything too harsh. It may be good for once a week but it always made me break out when I used it. I love most of Lush products, but their face stuff is just too harsh for me If you have normal skin I am sure it would be great! Just be careful if you have oily sensitive break out prone skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a 100gm tub of Angels on Bare Skin free with my last LUSH purchase. I used to use this years ago but as I like to try new things I stopped buying it. I am so happy I got this freebie! This is a gentle cleanser so if you are wearing makeup you should use another product to remove that first. Even though its gentle I can't use it everyday without getting a bit of irritation, so one lippie off, my skin loves lavender but glycerin sometimes bothers me. I use it twice/week for my AM cleanse. All I do is pinch of a large pea size blob, wet my face, then add 3 or 4 drops of water and work it into a paste. It really doesn't take that much time and I don't find it to be a hassle. I massage the paste all over my skin and then rinse with a wash cloth. My face glows, feels soft and is not the least bit dry. If you don't like lavender you should probably pass on this one. The packaging is not the greatest (who needs fancy packaging), as long as you tightly close the lid on the plastic tub and keep water out of it, the product will last until its expiry date.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by diva_versace85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a gentle scrub that you could use on a daily basis; though i think it's best to use it at a maximum of once a day (Wouldn't want to over-exfoliate)
Moisturizing after the scrub is optional; so that's a nice plus :)
It didn't do a good job at removing makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by meg101

Excellent exfoliator/cleanser! I use this every 2-3 days and my skin feels great...will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 12:39:00 PM More reviews by sandfa5

I got this free with purchase as I'm assuming it was close to it's expiry date and I was super pleased! I use my clairsonic brush with my normal cleanser and then this afterwards daily, then twice a week i use ocean salt scrub and give myself a facial with LUSH toner tabs and a boscia detoxifying mask/lancome hydrating mask and it sounds high maintenance but it's really not that bad and OMG my skin has never been nicer! I got herbalism yesterday and haven't used it even to comment but AOBS leaves my skin super smooth...I've moved it up to my morning cleansing routine. It can be tricky to make the paste but i just wet my hands and take off a little chunk and just rub it around until it covers my hands then apply it to my face...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by luxuria111

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought it was great. It seemed to be a gentle exfoliator. I used it daily and then started getting dry, eczema type patches on my face. I stopped using it and the dry patches cleared up.

I do have sensitive skin, so YMMV. But for my skin care needs, this was crap, and expensive crap at that. Waah!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by cottoncandyzombie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a free 1/4 lb of this with a $45 purchase at LUSH. I have to say, this smells a little bit like rosemary pizza crust to me (yes, I know, I'm odd). So far I've used it once and it turned out to be a great exfoliator, and it didn't leave my skin smelling like that astringent lavender-y smell that isn't too appealing to my nose. I don't think I'll ever get the whole making a paste thing straight, but that's okay because I don't think I'll be repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Honneey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My Skin

M.A.C - NC30
Clinique - Medium Beige

Very Dry, Sensitive, Not prone to breakouts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS
The smell (lavender) is devine.
Cleans skin, making it smooth.
No reaction towards it whatsoever.
Skin felt 'oilier' when I used this. Which is good for me.

CONS
Found it didn't do much for my skin other than clean it and add a little bit of 'oil' in it. But this caused a few small pimples.
The process of having to make a paste with it before applying got really tired for me.
Found it didn't apply consistently or well.
Not having bought a tin, left it in the wrapper AWAY from shower/water was okay, but paper got oily after a while and I got too lazy to find a container for it. = big mess.
The price is a little pricey as for all LUSH products in my opinion. For what you get and how many times you can use it, its quite pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by miinx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG cleanser. I have sensitive, oily/combination skin that can be dull and dehydrated in some areas [lacking in -water-, not oil!]. I tend to get flakies, with oil/blackhead/large pores in my t-zone. This stuff literally makes my skin flawless, glowing, smooth and soft. No flakes, no blackheads, no breakouts, no dullness.. just soft, smooth, glowing happy skin. Its even helped tone down the redness i'm prone to in my cheeks and faded some acne scarring.

My skin is super sensitive, so I have to very careful what I use or my skin can breakout or get super red and irritated. AOBS hasnt caused a single breakout or irritation. Its soothing, but exfoliating all at once. My skin never feels tight, dehydrated, or irritated. Keep in mind this is a cleanser and gentle daily exfoliator. Its not intended nor marketed to remove makeup.. people who are expecting it to do this really need to read the product description before leaving a bad review. If you're wearing makeup, I suggest trying an oil-based makeup remover to remove m/u prior to using AOBS.