February 1, 2015 | 1613 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2009 5:40:00 PM More reviews by LanaPalooza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this during my last visit to LUSH. I have semi-oily skin and tend to breakout if I don't use a cleanser that works for me. When I tried this out, I was left feeling oilier than before I started off. This is a very gentle cleanser and will be good for normal skin. My mother loves it! As for me, I'll stick to Herbalism. It works wonders! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by HollyScott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't feel like this cleaned my skin at all. I wear a decent amount of makeup and I guess my skin is kind of greasy at the end of the day. This didn't work well for me at all. I like a clean finish and AOBS did not give me that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked AOBS but I used mine more as a weekly face scrub/mask. I can't see using this as an every day cleanser. I used mine 2-3 times a week as a exfoilator and have not had any problems or break outs on my combination skin. I sometimes also would scrub it on my wet face and let it dry like a mask for for a few mins before I washed it off. You only need a tiny bit (pea sized) for you face so my jar lasted a long time too. The downside to this product is that it is messy and will drip down you arms if you use it in the sink. I've started to use mine in the shower and it's less of a problem and easier to rinse off. I'm holding off on getting this again.....I see that "Dark Angel" (for oily skin) has already hit the UK and want to try that next if it ever makes it's way over the pond.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser does leave your skin soft and smooth, not at all screaming for moisturiser right away. The reason I only give it a four is that it really is more of a gentle scrub then a cleanser. If it had not had the crushed almonds and silly lavender flowers in it, I think this would definitely have been my HG morning cleanser since I love that it does not so much cleanse as gently refresh your face.

edited to add:
After much experimentation I am returning to this as a morning cleanser since I just want something refreshing in the morning. I alternate it with a real scrub. In the evenings to remove make-up I use another cleanser. This is a nice addition, but not a cleanser to be used as the only one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Rarely have I ever felt the results of a cleanser after the first try, but this has won me over on just one use. I have been trying to stick to one skin care regimen (clinique) for a couple of months now - and I tried AOBS for the first time and noticed an immediate difference on how my skin felt aftewards - smooth, soft, and not overly stripped or dried out. I actually went to the Lush counter to pick up coal face, but the rep recommended Angels for my combo oily/dry skin. This worked like a dream and I'm so glad she recommended it. Will update this review in a couple of months.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2009 5:14:00 AM More reviews by stinky303piggy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am a skincare junkie but this has really opened my eyes to face cleansers. it has crushed almond pieces for a gentle exfoliation and lavender to control oil. im personally not a fan of anything lavender but i cannot live without this. its amazing with my break out i can start to see results the next day when i use this and the fresh face pharmacy soap as a spot treatment. only downfall is you have to mix it but i would highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2009 12:50:00 AM More reviews by cchien

i love this facewash. it completely changed my skin over the last four months. my pores are clean and tight, and my face is nice and smooth. i really hate having to mix it but its worth it. i use the breath of fresh air toner afterwards.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by redlipstickbandit

I usually like Lush products but this just did not do it for me.Maybe I would like this in the winter when my skin is more dry but as we move into summer and I get more oily this broke me out like nobodys business.I also really didn't feel like it cleaned my face.I am starting to move away from Lush b/c the fragrances they add irritate my skin.Don't forget Lush is not all-natural.They are Mostly natural.I am going to go bar to my tea-tree oil soap that is 3 dollars for the whole bar.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by notanotherbadhairday

I got this about two weeks ago and so far I really like it. This cleanser is more like an exfoliator to me. I only use it 3 times a week to get rid of dead skin cells. It works really well because it's so gentle. Most scrubs have harsh chemicals and rough bits that damage the skin, this doesn't.
You might be able to use this everyday, I just choose not to.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Veeverma

I really like AOBS - it IS a real nuisance to use - if your hands are too wet you'll drop it, sometimes it gets in the hair around my face and i have to make sure it's all washed out, it's difficult sometimes to get the exact consistency right - bit if you stick with it, your skin will definitely thank you for it.

It now comes in a plastic screw-top pot, which is a huge improvement over earlier when it just came wrapped in plastic - and looks like a sludgy, coarse blob.
Sounds revolting, but smells like lavender and once you add in a little water it turns into a milky paste which you genty cleanse your face with, using it as you would an exfoliant.

It exfoliates, cleanses and eliminates both dry patches as well as blackheads / bumps etc - which is pretty awesome.
I really do think it's worth the minor hassle - i now just pick out a small blob and genty massage into my damp face, which is the most easy and fuss-free way technique.

I think i'm hooked for life.