December 18, 2014 | 1721 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2006 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this before and for some reason stopped and started using foundation. Now that warm weather is here foundation seemed too heavy, so I re-purchased this. I'm glad I did- this product mattifies my oily t-zone, mutes freckles and hides pores, without changing the natural color of my skin. I use the Invisible Light. Today I went to lunch with some 50ish friends, and one said there was something about me that looked good- now I think it must have been the more even-toned natural looking skin. I use this over a retinol day cream, with concealer under eyes and on lids, and a darker lipstick like Clinique Angel Red or Pink Chocolate. I admit to also using my lipstick as blush- probably a big no-no on this website but I'm a minimalist. No foundation. I apply to nose, inner cheeks, chin and forehead. A little pricey for the size of the tube, but a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2006 5:58:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

An excellent and one-of-a-kind product! My medium-sized pores are instantly somewhat minimized after using this product. I use it under foundation though it can also be used over make-up. I have it in 01 invisible light, but it's practically colourless and blends perfectly into my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2006 2:07:00 AM More reviews by glamgyrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, this is one product I seriously cannot live without now that I've tried it! It acts as a "pore concealer" by making a "bridge" over pores. It doesn't really have a color to it, though it comes in light and deep. I use the light and I am GGG/MMM NC 42-ish. You only need a little bit and you just smooth it on- you have to make sure you go in one direction so you're not rubbing INTO your pores. It has an amazing silky texture to it too. I have huge pores on and around my nose and this is the only thing I've found so far that covers them up. I can just wear this and a bit of powder and I'm good to go; but it really has an awesome finish when worn underneath foundation. It can also be worn over foundation. It does control slightly, but I wouldn't recommend using it for that purpose, because it is meant to be a concealer. I love that it doesn't clog my pores, which would make them bigger. One tube lasts me about 3-4 months with daily use on nose and t-zone. A little goes a long way with this. I have re-purchased and will continue to repurchase in the future unless something better comes out, but so far haven't seen anything like it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2006 7:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

I don't have HUGE pores, but they're visible. I just spread a tiny squeeze of this on my cheeks near my nose, and my pores disappear! Clogs my pores, so be careful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2006 8:52:00 AM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am definitely NOT a Clinique fan, but this stuff is TRULY amazing. Pores? Me? Of course not!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2006 12:12:00 PM More reviews by cmkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been hoping to like this product more but the main reason I'm using a primer is to control my very oily skin. I'm not sure why, but although it goes on very nicely... better than smashbox, for some reason it doesn't control the oil after an hour or two.

Smashbox works better for me overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2006 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Andrea4573

Well, I actually don't use this on my face at all!! I use it under my eyes (no idea if you're ok too but no adverse effects!) It acts as a smooting base over my eye cream before I put my concealer on. It is in no way a cure for anything but I don't think it claims to be & I'm till unsure as to whether to buy a full size tube (using a sample which is when I found out it wasn't the best for my face but great under eye) as it's alot for just that use & I find Dermalogica does well too but for anyone with a tube hanging around that doesn't want it to go to waste try this! I have a little crepeyness under the eye & using this makes by eye's look more plumped when my make up is on.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2006 4:16:00 PM More reviews by platinumsunlight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the instant perfector in 01 invisible light for ten months, and I am on my second tube. This is a fantastic product that hides pores and evens one's skin tone. This is an unobtrusive product that you can apply over your entire face and no one can tell it is there, except for the lovely skin you'll have.

I am in my early twenties and have relatively oily, freckled skin. This product not only keeps my face from becoming shiny, but also--to a degree--lightens the appearance of freckles. I smooth this onto my face after my moisturizer soaks into my skin, and it lasts a good while. As someone else noted, it is small enough to keep on hand in case you need to touch-up. I usually have it discreetly hidden in a back pocket of my jeans.

I have never had an issue with acne or clogged pores from this product. Then again, I also use quite a few products to combat such problems before they occur. Regardless, this Clinique product is one I swear by and recommend to all my friends.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2006 5:27:00 AM More reviews by courtlee128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really does work. I saw a huge difference and it felt really nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2006 8:17:00 AM More reviews by Nikip

I'm currently using 01 Invisible Light, which is the best match for my fair, neutral/warm skintone. I prefer this product to some of the other pink coloured pore minimiser products on the market such as La Prairie 'Rose Illusion' and Clarins 'Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch'. I think the Clinique product is slightly more mousse-like in texture and less like it is chock-full of silicones. I pat it in sparingly (after i have applied my foundation or tinted moisturiser) around my nose where i have some enlarged pores and voilà! immediately they become almost invisible to the naked eye. I do have to touch up during the day but this is not a hassle since the tube is small enough to fit in my make-up bag (although it is hardly the most glamorous of items to carry around!). I definately think that this product significantly improves the appearance of my pores and is the best cosmetic solution I have come across so far, particularly for small problem areas. I have not experienced any clogging of pores or break-outs since using Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector.

PS - This is my first review for MUA despite the fact that i have loved this site for a couple of years now and I consult it before making most of my beauty purchases! I definately take note where there are consistent raves or negative comments about a product and I am generally guided by this (except when the lemming in me takes over and I truly, *have* to have the item in question!). However, my comments are totally subjective and i think that what works for me may not work for another girl. I would like to share my thoughts though and hopefully they will be of use to some other people.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No